DC: ~Τhε Jμsτιcε Cαdετs~

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Don't think so!" Red Robin spun quickly, tapping a small canister in his belt. The canister quickly extended to almost his entire height. In one quick motion, he brought the collapsible staff over his head horizontally, blocking Red X. "I see you had an upgrade, thief," he replied in a low voice. "Was my costume not good enough for you?"
    Red Robin's mind flashed with how Red X came to be, at least, the alias. As the first Robin, Nightwing had had plenty of trouble with the mercenary, Deathstroke, the Terminator, who had his mind set on taking Dick as his own apprentice, stealing him from Bruce. Dick thought he took care of Deathstroke, but Deathstroke simply seem to have forgotten his plans. According to Bruce, there was no contact between Deathstroke and Jason, the second Robin. However, as Tim got better at Robin, Deathstroke reappeared. While he didn't seem to care for making Tim his own apprentice, as he did Dick, he had instead taunted Tim, tried to turn Tim on his friends and even cause Tim to doubt both his abilities and sanity. Tim made the Red X costume in order to get close to Deathstroke, as a new and upcoming 'villain.' However, Deahtstroke saw through it. Tim had used the costume a couple of times for other undercover missions, but it was stolen. Out of the Batcave, no less! Then, someone came, wearing the costume as their own. The new Red X was a thief who didn't 'like to play hero,' though he had helped Tim before. But robbing banks? Not his usual M.O. "Sorry if you'd prefer more black in your opponents, but you got me!" Red Robin parried Red X and spun, his staff making a whistling sound through a small hole, and assumed a battle position.

Red Devil growled. Really? I'm the one that's going to kill you. He resisted telling Blue Beetle that, but studied the costume. He wondered what Blue Beetle looked like and if he really had it in him to kill the young hero, as his future self had told him. "Demons, you can't kill them, Bug. You can only send them back to Hell. And by 'you,' I mean me! Only Lucifer's Trident," he held up his yellow trident, longer than his own body and as yellow as the glow of his eyes, "can do it. And only a Demon," he tapped himself on the chest with his own hand, "can use it. Get it now?" The Trident was starting to vibrate even more, warning Red Devil of the nearby Demon getting closer and closer.

"Let me out, man, this ain't funny!" Parasite slammed himself against the glass, as that was all he could do in his straitjacket. "I'm starving! Just one person, let me eat just one single person! Is that too much to ask for!?" He got up, ran, and threw himself at the glass once again. "Not cool and not funny. You guys are evil." He muttered and fell to his knees. the purple skinned mutant looked down. His arms were in restricted in the straitjacket. His cell? It had a clear glass door, thicker than most metals he'd seen. The Arkham jailers had made sure he wasn't able to touch anybody. A straitjacket and a cell with no opening whatsoever, but a door where they can keep an eye on him. Parasite wasn't able to feed off anybody's lifeforce if he couldn't touch them. It was because of that he had lost weight in the last week. His body must've been half the size it normally was...allowing for a bit of slack. "Not fair. I actually wanted the help of Batman and they throw me in here? I'm gonna suck all of you dry!"

2. Arch Mana Knight

Doctor Light's eyes further narrowed at Hugo, partially because of his failure to incite a reaction from the man and partially because of what Hugo had said. What he had said almost seemed to imply that Hugo knew Light would be out of the prison soon. "If you're playing some kind of game with me I won't stand for it. I'll tear you to pieces if you try to trick me." Doctor Light growled. "But on the slight chance that you don't...What exactly are you playing at?"

Red X jumped back from Red Robin, keeping his eyes on his old rival. "What's with the new name? Don't tell me you're the new Red Hat or whatever that guy's name was." The two blades on Red X's gloves began to spin like saws. "I don't think I'll be showing you anything new, kid." He looked over Red Robin's suit. Other than the obvious color scheme change and the new cape it seemed that the suit was more technologically advanced just the same way as his own suit had been upgraded. Red X jumped at Robin once more, swiping horizontally with his right hand while the other hand swung upwards immediately afterward.

"You're just asking to be smacked with another concussion blast!" Blue Beetle growled, crouching slightly as he looked over the rooftop, waiting for the demon to show up. It didn't matter if Red Devil was the only one who could get rid of the demons, he had to do something about it.

3. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Hugo grinned. It seemed he caught the good ol' Doctor Light's interest. "Me? Play? Come now, Doctor Light. I, much like yourself, am a doctor. You should know just as well as I that we doctors do not play." Hugo added extra emphasis on the 'do not' while slowly turning his gaze to the recording equipment on the desk in front of him.

Hugo leaned forward to grab a thick folder of files off his desk. Slowly he began flipping through them. "It is my job to help people, much like those people who go around calling themselves heroes." Finally he came across the specific file he was looking for. "You're files say you've gone head to head with many of these so-called heroes on several occasions. Superman, Green Lantern, Aquaman-" Hugo looked away from the files and back up at Light. There was an eager expression on his face. "-and even the Batman."

Hugo promptly shut the thick folder of files and used his left hand to slam it on his desk with a thud. His expression became more obsessive. His brow, wrinkled with lines. "Tell me, my good Doctor!" Hugo's voice had turned excited as it began to increase in volume. "What was it like going head to head with the mighty Dark Knight?"

Roy opened the door to his apartment before slumping down onto his family room couch. In the matter of a single day the world had fallen apart around him. What was he to do now?

Grabbing the remote to his right, Roy switched on his television and began flipping the channels until he had gone full circle. Nothing good was on. Letting the remote drop to the floor, Roy released a long sigh as he stared up at the ceiling above him. He heard shouts coming from above. sounded like someone was having an argument. Having nothing else to do, Roy tried to listen in, but he could make nothing out other than a few loud muffles. There was something odd about the yelling coming from above.

Suddenly a short bout of new music came from the television. Roy snapped his attention away from the argument and back turns the screen. "This just in! Bruce Wayne's adoptive son, Tim Wayne, pulled together a press conference earlier today and announced that apparently the man behind Batman's funding!"

"Say what?!" Shouted Roy as he suddenly sat up straight. That last bit caught Roy's attention.

The report continued, "In addition to that, the young adoptive son announced that Batman's heir, now referring to himself as Red Robin, Has plans to pull together a team of super heroes called The Justice Cadets!"

"He can't be serious!" Roy exclaimed as he leaned in closer. "There's no way that would work out!" Roy drowned out the shouts above him as he continued to listen to the rest of the report.

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

Lorena Marquez

[​IMG]

{Aquagirl}

Lorena frowned, humming out her disapproval as she looked at the abandon gas station. She folded her arms, a look of pure disgust on her face. "No, no! This won't do!" She exclaimed extending her arms out and then looked at Static. "Do you realize what you are doing? You are insulting me! I must have silk pillows, trimmed roses, and marble flooring!" Lorena spun around to face Static, but she didn't have a look of annoyance anymore. Instead, she broke in a smile and covered her lips as she giggled, not being able to contain herself any longer.

"Joking, only joking," she said, raising her hands in defense, still smiling. "I have no secret layer, nor a home. You are much better off, much luckier than me." She looked back to the gas station, smiling still. "This is better than sleeping out in the open, I assure you. Any place with a roof and four walls is a mansion to me..." Lorena lifted her bag of lunch, now realizing there was more in here than what she had ordered in the old couple's place. "There's a lot of food here, do you want some?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Static looked at her an smirked.
    "The bad thing about being a teenage Super-Hero, is curfew and parents nagging you." he stated.
    "To be honest, I best get back soon, or Static won't be on patrol tomorrow from being grounded of all things." he said a little sarcastically. "And my normal self likes my freedom too for that matter." he added.
    In other words, he was saying thanks for the offer, but... no to joining her.
    He made for the door, and then thought of something, he went to a desk and tossed her a walkie talkie.
    "That's called a shock box. If you need me for something, just use it, although... try to consider your timing." he grinned.
    "But stay here as long as you need.
    I'll also inform Gear so he won't be shocked to find someone staying here."
    Static added, mentioning his Crime-Fighting partner and best friend.

6. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Kid Flash hopped up and grabbed a branch, swung his legs upwards and hooked them around a higher branch, and then pulled himself up to that one. The hiss of a scared and angry cat made him look up and to the left. "Ugh... you're one ugly kitty." He muttered; and it was true -- the cat looked as though someone had slammed it's face against a wall too many times. It's little black nose looked like it was painted on to it's snow-white fur, and it's tail was so fluffy it could have been it's own animal. Kid Flash climbed up another two branches before reaching out to the cat. "C'mere, you." The cat didn't move. "Uh, here kitty, kitty?" It stayed put. "I wish I had tuna." The cat's ears perked toward Kid Flash, its eyes bright and attentive. "Oh you know the word 'tuna?'" He got a meow in response. The cat nimbly walked along the branch back to the trunk of the tree. "Gotcha!" Kid Flash grabbed the cat and climbed back down the tree, jumping to the sidewalk.

"Thank you so much!" The girl took her cat from Kid Flash and kissed its squished face. "It was really sweet of you."

"You're sweeter, sugar." Kid Flash winked behind the red tint of his goggles. But before the girl could respond to his flirting, he sped off after Jesse. Time to find out what she's doing.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

╰☆╮ ~Jesse Chambers~ ╰☆╮

[​IMG]

[Jesse Quick]

The park was peaceful, quiet, the perfect time to pay a visit to her dad. She didn't even run into anyone after she stepped in, which was a great relief to her as she walked on through the archway of trees. Soon, she was in the center of the park, right where the statue of her father was standing, the city's last tribute to this hero. Jesse sighed out, making herself walk forward to her 'dad' looking up at his stone facial structure. There was many things she missed about him, but she knew she wouldn't get any of those memories back or experience them ever again. He was gone, just as simple as that.

Jesse stood in front of Johnny Quick, craning her neck to look up at him once more. 'Why did you have to go...?' She brushed the dust off his name golden name plate and the dry leaves that were littering his monument. Sighing, she kept her hand there, leaning against the base of the monument, trying to pull herself together. She already had her time of grieving, there was no need to continue on like this.

"Hey Dad, here I am again." She knew her dad wouldn't talk back to her, but it gave her comfort. "It's Batman's turn to have his funeral... Along with the others." She sighed, pausing for a moment to make sure no one was around. When she didn't hear or sense anything, she continued again. "I haven't been using my powers lately... it seems like no one really needs me right now anyways. KF's got it. But I still remember the formula." Jesse looked up at the statue, smiling a bit. "Tell Mom I said hi, will ya? See you again soon." She then brought her fingers to her lips and pressed on them lightly before touching the name plate once more. Not wanting to stick around anymore, Jesse turned away from the monument and walked back the way she came.

Lorena Marquez

[​IMG]

{Aquagirl}

"Will do" Lorena said with a smile, holding up her walkie talkie. "I'll keep in mind that you might be doing other things when I call. See you tomorrow, I guess. Thanks again, Static. For letting me stay here and all; it's an honor." Not waiting for him further, she walked around to the desk and sat on it, waiting for Static to leave so it wouldn't be so awkward when she brought out her food and what not. "Better hurry before you get in trouble." Lorena remembered those days when she had to worry about what parents wanted of her and curfews and what not. Sometimes, she wished she had that life back. But she knew if she had it, she' wouldn't even be here at all. Not anywhere on earth but six feet under a pile of dirt.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "No, but there's not enough room in Gotham for all of this red!" Red Robin
    yelled as he clicked his heels, starting their jets and shooting himself to the ceiling to avoid Red X's attack. "You're going down and I'm taking my suit back!" His feet touched the ceiling and he shot himself down at full force, one hand on his staff and the other in a fist striking Red X. His jet boots were still on, giving him more speed.

"Freakin' Texans. Can't argue with 'em," Red Devil growled as he pointed his Trident towards Blue Beetle. "Fine, you fight it! Let's see what you can do!" His yellow eyes narrowed as something flew towards them from the sky and behind Blue Beetle. It was a large humanoid figure, possibly 7 feet tall. It was gray, had no clothing save for ragged cloth on its legs. Its feet ended in talons and its arms were simply wings. A hairless head, pointed ears, and an eyeless face were resting on his shoulders. It let out a long screech and aimed its talons towards Blue Beetle. "First hit's all yours, Bug!"

[​IMG]
    White Light had his back to the wall. He lifted his gun to his face, holding it ready. He clicked back the trigger and continued to listen. Red Robin was fighting Red X. This wasn't really the type of high-class crime that he had hoped for the Justice Cadets' first mission, but it would have to do.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Light kept quiet, his eyes fixed on the man who dared to even put himself as the same league of intelligence as his own. The mention of the heroes almost made him twitch in anger. He felt nothing but disgust towards those underwear-exposing cretins. Though the mention of Batman was just another name to him it sparked interest in Hugo that surprised Doctor Light. "What's it to you? He was just a powerless brute whose genius came up short of mine. Batman would have been dead a lot sooner if his friends hadn't interrupted me." He growled and cursed under his breath, muttering some insult about Superman and Batman having a sort of gay relationship.

"Nice toys." Red X commented the moment he saw Red Robin's jets ignite. "But you're playing with the big kids now!" Red X called out as the two blades on his hands stopped spinning. He pointed his fist right at Robin and fired off an X that would wrap around Robin and bind him once it made contact. Though if that didn't throw Robin off course he would still wind up smacking right into Red X tied up or not.

'Behind you!' The Scarab shouted in Jaime's head, leaving him to spin around to catch an incoming demon...thing coming right at him. The armor on his right arm shifted to become a blade covered in a sort of plasma-like substance as he sliced at the demon's side, forcing it off course just enough to miss Jaime and crash into the ground. "That wasn't too bad!" The Blue Beetle spoke too soon as the demon rose back up from the cracked ground. "...Oh." 'Switching to-' Jaime didn't listen to the rest of the Scarab's words as he fired off a fireball from his other hand which had morphed into a sort of cannon. The fireball exploded right when it connected with the demon engulfing it in blue flames. "Can your little trident do that!?"

10. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Hugo's smile never left his face. Too many failed to understand the magnificence that was the Dark Knight. Apparently Light was among them. He would have to be put in his place.

Hugo stood up from his chair slowly and calmly. Clasping his hands behind his back he slowly walked past the chair, which held Light, and looked out the glass window. Before Hugo lay the gloomy looking Isle that was Arkham. Too Hugo, the sight looked magnificent.

"Ah yes. Quite a powerless being." Hugo agreed without taking his eyes of the view of Arkham. "And yet highly regarded amongst the hero population. With all his lack of powers it's quite a wonder how he managed to defeat you that one time."

Hugo unclasped his right hand and adjusted his glasses. "Ah yes, now I remember." Slowly Hugo turned around to face Light. Now standing behind Light and his chair, Hugo grinned down at the pitiful specimen that sat before him. "He tricked you by switching places with Superman, correct? Who would have ever thought that the oh so intelligent Dr. Light would have fallen for a simple parlor's trick such as that."

Roy shook his head disbelievingly at the television before him. What the heck was Robin.... no, Red Robin, thinking? Superheroes work alone! That's the way it had always been and there was a good reason for it too. Lack of trust. It was the whole reason they never went by their real names. The whole reason for hiding their identities. A team of heroes would suddenly mean that all their secrets would no longer be secret. And should one of those heroes go rogue or full out villain, then what? Everybody's life would be at risk, that's what! He was going to have to talk some two sense into this Red Robin.

The shouts from above were growing louder. Just what was going on up there?

11. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Hey wait!" Kid Flash slowed down until he stopped next to Jesse. He saw where she was coming from and felt a pang in his chest. Maybe he should have left her alone. But his curiosity got the better of him. "I saw you earlier today. Were you there for Batman... or Bruce?"

-------

A fair, blonde girl watched the events inside Gotham's bank unfold from the safety of the sidewalk outside. Her hair curtained her heart shaped face, but she tucked the hair on the left side of her face behind her ear. The girl's wandering had taken her to Gotham City, where she'd learned of something horrible and tragic. And she had been ready to leave the city when she heard sirens and saw Red X. She didn't get a chance to even think of jumping in to help because someone in black and red had zoomed by, followed by a streak of yellow and red that she recognized as Kid Flash. He turned around rather quickly though, and passed her without a second glance.
    Did someone tell him to leave? She wondered. But her attention was more rapt on the one in bright red and black who rushed in to confront Red X. After watching the two for a while longer, she finally picked up that she was looking at Red Robin. What happened to Robin then?

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

No!, Red Robin found himself completely wrapped, save for the one fist that was still out. Unfortunately, he was knocked off course. He hit the ground several feet away from Red X, but his reflexes kicked in. "It'll take more than that," he growled as he quickly rolled, coiled, and uncoiled to get on his feet. It was somewhat funny, he was standing completely wrapped in red bandages, but he had one free hand. There was a Batarang in his free hand and he quickly slashed down, trying to cut the bandages as quick as possible before Red X can attack.

"And what's that?" Red Devil asked with a smile as he watched Beetle. "Tick 'em off? Nah, it can't do that." He raised a finger to point behind Blue Beetle. The Demon was engulfed in flames, but he wasn't slowing down. In fact, it sped towards his blue attacker. "NOW MOVE!" Red Devil's roaring command had a demonic undertone as a blast of fire erupted from his mouth towards Blue Beetle (well behind him). He could smell the heat as his lips burnt...but it smelled and felt good.

White Light scowled. "Now's a better time than any," he said as he saw Red Robin get incapacitated. "Freeze!" He spun quickly around the corner and aimed his pistol at Red X. His arms were stretched straight, holding his pistol like an expert. After all, he was just that. As Maxwell Lord, he was one of the most dangerous 'non-supers' in the country. As White Light? Well, heroes had to use force sometimes. "Move and I'll shoot, X."

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

╰☆╮ ~Jesse Chambers~ ╰☆╮

[​IMG]

[Jesse Quick]

Jesse was at first startled by the sudden voice, but when she whirled around to see who it was and saw it was none other than KF, she wanted to punch something. So she was followed after all by him- 'Well, it's not something new now is it, Jesse?' Keeping herself at a calm, civilized level, Jesse only sighed and looked to the side. It was hard to look at KF straight, but it wasn't his fault. Everyone has been telling her that she needed to let go sooner or later what happened to her father... But as long as it remained a mystery of what happened, she wasn't going to let it drop.

Now to answer KF's question. "Neither," Jesse said quietly. "I wasn't invited, and I was just a passerby..." She folded her arms, looking up at KF slightly, a smile playing on her lips. "Although, if I was there for the funeral... it would have been both..." Then, something out of her character for the time being, Jesse put a hand on her companion's shoulder and gave it a pat before bringing her hand back to her. "It was great to see you there with Tim though," she said, smiling only a little, really meaning what she said. Not knowing what else to do since she answered KF's question, she cleared her throat, knowing in the back of head that her dad was watching over her closely. If he was here, he would expect her to treat the Flash's sidekick and "son" with respect.

"So, you followed me out here to ask me that?" she asked, trying to keep her tone light. Not really respectful, but it was a start.

[[COME OOOOON! We need to keep this alive! Bushy, post. Garxena, reply back to meeeee! D: I don't want this to die, sorry for the delay on my part. >< *Shoots self]]

14. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Kid Flash flinched at Jesse's question. Had he followed her here just to ask her that? "Well, uh," he rubbed the back of his head. What else could he say? He could complain about what Red Robin had said to him earlier but he felt he shouldn't. Besides, Tim probably had his reasons for not wanting Wally there with him and if he wanted to talk about it later he would. "Hey," he began again, getting an idea. She was feeling down, and it was no secret that the two of them weren't best friends or even just friends, but he didn't like to see a frown on a pretty girl's face. "How 'bout I get back in my civvies and buy you lunch?" Maybe if they spent more time together she wouldn't always scowl when she saw him.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Changed color scheme a bit to match the comic scheme for the Robins. Also, since Pezz seems to be M.I.A., I'm moving ahead with the plan. Sorry for the absence guys :/

BIC:
    [​IMG]
    "Huh? Who's there?" Parasite stood up quickly, his straitjacket hanging slightly as he did. The door opened quickly and a gunshot bounced off the floor near Parasite's feet, causing him to jump backwards. It was the same routine as always.
    "Back up, Jones. Time to eat."
    The guard was new, he didn't know that to Parasite, that meant sucking the life force out of people. But procedure -using actual gun shots to push the villain back until the guard could lay the tray of food down at the door and leave- was enough to keep Parasite back. Unfortunately, the guard didn't know the full extent of Parasite's ability. Parasite could see the taser hanging from the guard's belt and smiled to himself.

White Light held back his smile. Sure, this wasn't the ideal start to the Justice Cadets and they seemed to have hit a rough spot, with Red Robin tied up and all, but a small start was better than nothing. Red X was known as a master thief. More than once, White Light had heard him be called the thief version of the Robins, just as Catwoman was the thief version of Batman. More than anything, Red X was considered a highly wanted thief. While Catwoman stole valuable artifacts, Red X stole technology and, occasionally, money. White Light had no idea if X was hired for his jobs or if he was doing it for himself. All he knew was that the thief was rarely stopped. "I'll say it one more time, kid. Move and I'll-"
    Click. "Shoot? Don't worry, I got that covered."
    Light froze, though his gun remained fixed on Red X. He could feel the barrel of a gun on the back of his head. He heard the click of the hammer. Now, he could smell the leather off the motorcycle jacket. He could feel the presence of somebody behind him. But he hadn't felt, heard, nor smelled any of those things until the gun reached his head.
    "Well, damn! It looks like everyone's followed in my footsteps. I'm honored that you want to be red like me, little brother." Over White Light's shoulder peeked a red helmet, eyes covered in white lens fixated on Red Robin. "But you ain't got the attitude to rock the red. Hard to be a dark knight covered in red, though. Bats would be disappointed." His eyes narrowed when he mentioned his former mentor.

Red Robin's eyes grew wide in surprise. He was almost done cutting himself loose, but the appearance of Red Hood stopped him. Jason...His adopted brother made Tim shiver by mere thought. The rogue Robin, the Red Hood. "What are you doing here?" He asked, his hand gripping his Batarang and his peripheral vision focused on X.

16. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: I'm...not sure what to do with Dr. Light right now so I'll leave him out for a bit.

BIC:

That was new. Red X had not expected to have his short-lived fight with his rival be interrupted by note one but two people. "Hmph. You shouldn't even try comparing me to the likes of you. Who's even heard of you anyways?" The blades on the back of his hands retracted. He turned his attention back to Red Robin as a hand lowered to his belt. "I was really hoping for more. Too bad they had to spoil my fun. I'll be seeing you around, kiddo." With his other hand he waved at Robin slightly. "At least I didn't blow up the bank." He managed to say before he completely disappeared via his teleportation device.

The Blue Beetle watched Red Devil as he went on to fight the demon himself, sending flames right at it-and him. Jaime barely managed to fly out of Red Devil's attack on time, cursing under his breath. "Watch it!" He shouted, having nothing else to do since Arch wasn't sure what else to type in this post.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: SPOILER ALERT IN GRAPHICS (working on more >>)
    [​IMG]

"Well, he's not much fun now, is he?" Red Hood asked as he started to step around, showing himself in full light. Without thinking about it, he felt his hand rise slightly as his brain started to tingle. "Uh uh, Lord. Your Jedi mind trick won't work on me," he chuckled as his hand fixated again on Lord's head. "The best trained me. Now do like that rat and give me and replacement some privacy." In an instant, he spun around, his other hand holding another gun and smashing it against White Light's head.

"No!" Red Robin yelled in response to three things as he slashed his bandages one last time, freeing himself: 1. Red X disappearing and the Justice Cadet's first mission ending in failure, 2. White Light being knocked out, 3. Red Hood's new costume. "How dare you wear that!" He took a step forward and threw his Batarang at Red Hood, but the sound of a gunshot caused it to break. "How dare you wear his symbol!" Red Robin ran towards Red Hood, his eyes fixated on the red bat on Red Hood's chest. He jumped in the air, spun, and slammed his foot into Red Hood's helmet...but instead he got Hood's gloved hand. Before Red Robin could react, he flew threw the air and into a wall.

"Calm down, pigeon," Jason's condescending voice rang through his helmet. He knew exactly what caused Tim's outburst. The last time he had met Batman and Robin, he was in his 'supervillain' costume: a black and white suit with a red skull in the middle, a black cape over it, and a eyeless red helmet. He had since reverted back to his original helmet, a brown leather jacket, and a bulletproof suit...with a red bat on it. "This is a message to you, little brother," he emphasized the last word and raised one of his guns to aim at Red Robin, who was standing up. "I don't like this little club you're putting together. What's worse is this restaurant get-up of yours. Gotham needs a Batman! No one's scared of Boy Wonders. If you don't put on the cowl," he slammed his gun into his chest, right on the bat. "I will. And I won't go so easy on the filth."

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

╰☆╮ ~Jesse Chambers~ ╰☆╮

[​IMG]

[Jesse Quick]

At first, Jesse was taken off guard by KF's sudden offer for lunch and raised her eyebrows. Then she remembered that one little thing; KF was what the civilians call the chick magnet, a womanizer. Then again, they really hadn't said much or done much since her father's death (as she stayed away from everyone and stayed mostly out of trouble). Jesse held back a sigh, folding her arms as she debated KF's request. To do it, or not to. Live with a grudge against the one that was innocent? Or let go?

'You're over thinking it again, Jesse...'

Finally looking back at KF, she suddenly remembered something she saw earlier. "Hm... What about the trouble I saw earlier?" Jesse asked, remembering the cop cars that sped around the corner before she ran into Kid Flash. "They don't need your help?"

19. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Kid Flash's usual smile vanished, the glint in his eyes dulled; a frown reflecting his moral injury took their place. "Yeah, well, Rob didn't want me there. Said it's 'his territory.' But whatever, he can handle himself. A bank robber's not much of a match for him." His clenched hands found purchase on his waist, making them seem natural, and he tilted his head to one side. His smile was back, but a trained eye could tell it was fake. "You trying to ditch me?"

-------

The Red Hood?! But the others don't consider him 'hero' material. He's too 'rough' for them. All he does is clean up the scum that needs to be dealt with. That's why they don't like me either. The girl frowned, watching what was going on even more intently. Having been out of the loop due to her traveling, she was trying to get everyone straight in her head -- as well as what was considered 'appropriate' in the crime-fighting field. The animosity between the Red Hood and Red Robin was thick in the air. She almost wanted to jump in and help -- but whose side would she jump to?
    Your name is Terra. And you do what you were trained for. You do things your way and don't take orders anymore. Her fingers curled around the strap of the backpack she was holding on one shoulder. No. Taking orders from Deathstroke is what got you in a big mess.

20. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

OOC: Since Static and Aqua are in a different area. We've been given permission to time skip and just refer to it as the time difference or some weird comic stuff that usually happens for convenience.

[​IMG]

Thank god... No school, and perfect timing too for Virgil at least as he ran to the Static Station, before stopping at the door in a sudden fluster.
    Oh wait... she hasn't seen me as regular Virgil yet... but, I know her identity. So it should be alright... although. I just met her... then again...
    He ran a hand through his crazy hair in frustration. "Well... if she comes with... she'd find out who I am anyway..." he muttered as he recalled last nights events.

~

He had gotten home to a surprising sight. Bags being packed.

"Woah, hold the fire! Wasup Paps?" Virgil had suddenly asked.

"Ah Virgil. Perfect timing, can you throw other that bag of toiletries for me."

Virgil naturally did as was told as his father started to explain. "We're going to be temporarily be heading over to Gotham City to help aid in the relief force that is going on there. Dakota is doing pretty well and I feel that this old man should be doing what he can when there are still Super's out there working hard despite everything else.

"I've always wanted to go to Gotham at least once!" his sister chirped in.

"Don't forget why we're going there."

"I know dad, we'll make Mamma proud.. don't worry."

Virgil felt a twinge in his heart at the mention of his Mother, but going to Gotham was a much needed opportunity, his father and more surprisingly his sister were right. There were other supers over there and that is where most of the decisions were going on right now. One thing for sure was that the world was changing and most of those changes were focusing on Gotham.

Richie as Gear could cover looking after Dakota while Static would be on 'holiday' so it wouldn't be a problem.
    Then there was a matter of Aqua Girl... -Of course, that was an idea wasn't it? After all... she had said... "Hey paps... I think I have a friend who might be interested in helping out. The more the merrier right?"

~

Of course he had known his dad wouldn't say no. Which is why Virgil was here now.
    Thankfully he had at least remembered his manners before just barging in. After all... there was a girl in there. So he sighed for a few seconds in preparation for just giving his secret identity away just like that. This was so weird... but he knew he would be able to trust this girl anyway.
    He knocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.