Drinking or smoking. What is more dangerous in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Bond of Flame, May 7, 2009.

?

Drinking/smoking. What is more dangerous?

1. drinking

26.6%
  2. smoking

73.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animaniagirl Traverse Town Homebody

To me, smoking is more damaging, more addictive, damages your lungs, which can effect of course your breathing, and there is over 40, 000 chemicals in a ciggerett (not exaggerating) Just look up at Sorax13_Roxas13_92 post... But yeah thats my opinion, and yeah Drinking is bad as well, it damages heaps, but it is a slow process, unless you drink religiously 24/7 o.o

2. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

It depends really

If your driving then drinking affects your vision, hearing and your reaction skills, you also are likely to become reckless and speed, resulting in crashes and run-overs, both with high chances of death

but if you want to go for a long-term torture, try smoking! All the yummy, deadly ingredents will kill you slowly and can lead to painful deaths, or loss of limbs, mostly to do with cancer

I will never smoke, but I have 2 years to wait till I can drink xDD

3. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Yeah I know about secondhand dumbshit, but only if you smoke NEAR people.If you don't you aren't in any danger, so stop acting like a know-it-all.SO FYI, stfu jackhole.

plzkthx..now lets get back to the threads purpose.

4. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Well, from what I've heard, there are things like that in many products that we just don't notice. But I'd like to take a reminder here to say that I still think cigarettes are bad, just not as bad as everyone says they are.

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

This is completely unnecessary. It's a discussion; s/he was adding to the debate.

Honestly, Dalk is probably right, cigarettes aren't as bad as hard alcohol. It certainly is damaging to health, but not in the same way alcohol is.

6. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Adding to it while being a smart mouth is more like it.But seriously, you keep cigarette's to yourself and your not a big threat to any others..but on the bad side, its usually more addicting than alcohol..and you begin smoking a pack a day...your money goes down the drain..etc.

7. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

Hey dumbasses, you can't say "one is better than the other". They're both dangerous. Smoking causes organ damage and can lead to cancer. We know that. Alcohol impairs judgement, can lead to blackouts and can cause severe organ damage.

To say that one is "better" or "less dangerous" makes you a hypocrite. That's the end of the discussion.
    I don't smoke (unless I'm ****ed) but I drink a ****ton. And as much as I generally dislike smoking for the smell, etc. I won't ***** about the "cancer sticks" considering as how I practically drink myself to death every weekend and that would make me a hypocrite.

8. Kenni-Chan King's Apprentice

I think smoking is more harmful in the long-term. But drinking causes more harm in the short-term. Simple as that.

9. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I apologise if this offends anyone but uh, I find it hugely ironic that you seem so rigid about not ingesting anything harmful when you yourselves have admitted to lets say eating one hell of a lot of junk food every day.

More people suffer as a result of poor diet than they do smoking OR drinking, so, I have no objection to you saying you are against one or the other, but I think that maybe you should take a look at the lifestyle that you currently have and the items that you do ingest already. I know I am starting to get borderline off topic, but that has been bugging me for a while.

Ok so maybe I drink too much, but at least I don't pretend to have some holier than thou attitude agaainst people who eat crap >>

10. Styx That's me inside your head.

Same here but do understand that there are members here who do neither (yet). So they're not necessarily hypocrites.

11. Mike Chaser

I know it's not an answer you wanted, but I would say both.
    I've never actually smoked. I've tried beer before and I hate it.
    So, I don't know about either, but I do know that both aren't good for you.

Eventually smoking can take your life away. For drinking, like everyone said, it can harm yourself or others depending on how violent you get or if your drinking and driving. There are also many factors, just like smoking. Second hand smoke can also cause lives of others. I don't really know. This topic got me. xD

12. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I'm exactly the same as that.

I asked my friend who drinks and smokes on a regular basis what his opinion on this matter would be. He said short term drinking and long term smoking are the worst. Makes sense =]

13. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

I agree with this. Overeating/ingesting too much sugar can be extremely dangerous as well, and I actually do think it should be included in this discussion.

A lot of times, people fail to see that something like this could be dangerous, because, it's eating, and we all need to eat right? Well, of course we do, but we need to be careful about what we put in our bodies. Remember that food pyramid you learned about back in elementary school? Believe it or not, that thing was more than just a pretty picture with candy at the top (in the "sometimes okay" section). It's actually something that we all should follow in order to be healthy and live life to the fullest.

So I think that this should definitely be discussed as well, because in the end, overeating or eating extremely unhealthy food all the time can be just as dangerous as smoking or drinking.

14. Finalsora120 Destiny Islands Resident

Not Letting Sora Get Close To The Computer
    i voted Smoking coz it gives u cancer and ur lungs get messed up and ur teeth go yellow

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Dude, coffee can turn your teeth yellow. If you smoke that's probably the least of your worries.
    Smoking a cigarette is not going to cause you to run someone down in your car because your reaction time is slowed. Alcohol will.
    There are tons of things you could smoke aside from cigarettes that would screw you up though, meth seriously alters your appearance and is highly addictive.

16. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

You lungs may get messed up, but you know what else makes your teeth yellow?

NOT USING TOOTHPASTE. B|

I refuse to accept the "It gives you cancer" argument, on the grounds that it will not definitely give you cancer. I'll bring this back to my family, where my grandmother, aunt, uncle and father smoke and none of them have ever gotten cancer.

17. Farore Destiny Islands Resident

Um, both have severe long-term effects.

alcohol - stomach, liver, kidneys, lungs, heart (topped with the short-term effects already mentioned)
    smoking - lungs

Real tough choice here, guys. Both can kill you eventually, so you know, whatever.

18. childofturin Why?

so... never do either of them? No-brainer, IMO.

19. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

We know this.

The question is, which one kills you faster.

20. Krowley Moderator

Depending on the situation, but id hafta say smoking,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.