Drinking or smoking. What is more dangerous in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Bond of Flame, May 7, 2009.

?

Drinking/smoking. What is more dangerous?

1. drinking

26.6%
  2. smoking

73.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farore Destiny Islands Resident

You're all doing a fantastic job at showing it.

You'd have to be smoking for quite a while before any severe lung damage sets in. :|

Meanwhile (since you're talking about what can kill you faster), drinking excessively in a short period of time can potentially lead to alcohol poisoning.

I'm basically making the same argument Reisen's making.

2. childofturin Why?

Well, smoke 2 cigarettes at a time, continuously, for an entire day. I bet you anything you'll feel pretty awful afterward, and you'll possibly be hallucinating. But that's a rare situation.

3. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Mayyybe I worded my point a bit wrong.

What I was trying to say is that we're discussing which one kills you more efficiently.

4. Farore Destiny Islands Resident

This is the most stupid post I've ever read on this forum, ever.

And I've finished a pack in a night, if that's any consolation.

5. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

...I'm sorry but what are you basing that on?

6. childofturin Why?

The fact that tobacco was once hallucinogenic, so it probably still has some kind of effect like that. Just speculating, really. I mean, take that much of anything with similar effects, and you'll feel pretty crappy. Probably.

7. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Too much of ANYTHING will make you feel crappy. I've eaten like 24 ribs and felt ******. Yeah, I didn't hallucinate, but it wasn't fun.
    I don't really think that's a valid argument, sorry.

8. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Just to emphasize this, people have died from drinking too much water.

Sorry if I'm intruding, I just thought that this was a really good example.

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Oh I know, that woman that drank too much and died for the Wii. I personally know my limits and have yet to visit a hospital for food-related reasons. xD

But again with alcohol, you may not know your limits until you actually keel over, especially if you're like 21 and are having your first drink. Or five.

10. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

k i smoke and drink occasionally, and yes, they are both bad for you when used in excess. smoking does seem to be the worse of the two considering the many health problems that can occur from it. alcohol can be bad as well, but, honestly, both can be fun to have a good time ;)

11. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

the ****?
    god, you're a dumbass.

look kids, neither are good for you. we all know smoking is bad, etc etc. but just because the harmful effects of drinking aren't propagandized by the government, doesn't mean they don't exist.
    alcohol is dangerous. it is a drug.

alcohol could **** up the rest of your life in one night. don't delude yourself thinking it's safe because it's legal.

i'm not saying don't drink or don't smoke. but just make sure you're fully aware of the consequences.

it's like taking an illegal drug. we all know they're illegal because "they're bad for our health", so if you're going to do them you need to know what you're entering into. you can't claim "i didn't know" when you're talking to to the doctors and police.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Both are equally as bad. You walk out a pub steamin' like a lobster N' BAM! You're killed by a bus. You're at home with a *** in your mouth. You fall asleep n' you burn to death.

Death awaits you. >:3

13. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I think that drinking can be more dangerous. But smoking is more damaging.

14. Juicy Chaser

You know what I think is stupid?

How every single packet of cigarettes has SMOKING KILLS, SMOKING SERIOUSLY HARMS YOUR LUNGS, SMOKING CAN CAUSE CANCER etc on it, but there is never ever (or rarely) a notice where they sell alcohol in shops etc.

Stupid really, especially since drinking alcohol is effectively poisoning your body.

15. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Smoking is far more dangerous than smoking. Drinking has no real dangers as long as you drink in moderation. Smoking however, begins to deposit tar on the lungs as soon as you take the first drag.

16. water mage Kingdom Keeper

I chose smoking for it will cause COPD which is Cronic Obstruction Pulminory Disease and that is something that will never go away. It's true that drinking does impair one's sences, but smoking in the long run is more harmful to an individual and others around since they get second hand smoke which can develop serious health problems later in life.

17. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

This is a good point. I mean, obviously people know that both are bad for you, but if they're required to put a warning on cigarettes in case some people are complete idiots and don't know that cigarettes are bad for you, should a similar warning where alcohol is sold be required for these same idiots??

18. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

No. Once you think about it, they aren't telling people anything that they don't already know.

19. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Just an assumption, but people may be more aware of the consequences of too much alcohol than too much smoking; the factor of awareness has only changed in the recent years. Therefore, there is no need for the notices on alcohol.

Either that, or, a few people believe smoking is more dangerous to your body than alcohol is.

20. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

smoking hurts not only you, but others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.