Final Fantasy XIII: Slaves of Fate

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    " It was running away first of all, at least a experience rider wouldn't have their chocobo actually running for the hills, even if there's a hungry beast."
    She said as she spun around and rested the barrel of the gun on her shoulder. Examining the strange and rude tone of the man.
    " Fine if you want it that way, I will make sure there's one on your head if don't stop asking me all these unnecessary questions. What is a man like yourself doing out in the boondocks all by yourself? Not many come out here for the fear of strange creatures such as your friend over here and men who are slow to think but quick to act ."
    She said with a smirk as she tapped the barrel on her shoulder slowly.

2. Arch Mana Knight

Grey raised an eyebrow, not having expected Snow to have made an appearance. For being one who was normally so outspoken, it was impressive to have not heard him arrive until just now. "Were you stalking me?" Grey questioned, flashing a small smile at the so-called hero. "I think you're getting old. You wouldn't be able to take me on now." He spun the blade in a full circle before practically stabbing it into the sheath at his left side. "Thanks for the compliment though, Snow. Do you even remember my name, old man?" He teased, folding an arm over near his stomach as he bowed mockingly towards Snow.

3. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya walked around until she saw Snow, Grey, and some other people she doesn't know. She shrugged to herself. Might as well know more people. The more the merrier. Mya walked up to the group. Hey guys. What's up?

4. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia went into town and saw Snow among the people. She groaned and walked past him, ignoring the fact he was there. But she stopped and sighed, looking at Snow, then left town. She began to practice with her spear.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"
    Naivete and innocence. Such is the mind of youth."

[​IMG]
    "You're right...she sure is something," Leo said as he watched Lightning. When Lightning started to approach him, he reached over his shoulder and grabbed his Gunblade. "Yeah, of course," he told Lightning as he approached one of the dummies. "Just don't expect us to set fire to it," he muttered at the l'Cie.

"The power of the heart resides in the fists."

"Old man?" Snow raised a hand to his head, feigning confusion. "I'm only in my 400s! I haven't even reached my prime yet!" He let out a laugh as Mya walked up to them. "Hey there, Mya. How's it hanging?" Before he could receive an answer, he noticed Mia watching him as she walked by to train. "Geez...she reminds me of Lightning!" He let out a chuckle as he motioned for Grey and Mya to follow him. "We might as well get some training done, too. Otherwise, you'll never be able to beat me!" Snow walked backwards as he said it and then turned around to take off running into Oerba.

"As long as I have a want. I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death."

"Excuses, excuses, so makes the missus," Cid said as he shrugged, but decided it best to move on and avoid a fight, at least with an ally. "If you must know, I wanted to take in..." He turned around and spread his arms wide, attempting and failing to encompass the entirety of the Steppe. "The scenery...at least, before we move on. You do know where we're going, don't you?" He asked, grinning. He was sent on a mission himself, but he was the only one. He decided to bring someone along, even if she knew nothing about it. In fact, he probably should have mentioned he had a mission before asking her if she knows about it.

OOC: I'm pronouncing Mya as "My-uh" and Mia as "Me-uh." I don't know if those are right, but they confused me <<

6. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

OOC: I prefer it as "Mia" not "Maya" or anything related to it.

BIC: Mya smiled at Snow. Hello Snow. She actually really didn't like Snow a lot. He was too optomistic and cocky about 99% of the time, but since he's an easygoing and friendly guy, she liked that of him as well. She scratched her arm. So how goes training Snow? Is it all well?

7. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning watched Leo walk past her toward the dummies and rolled her eyes, "I never said I expected you to." She was being cold again and she knew it, but they'd never learn if she was friendly. She remembered back when people were afraid of l'Cie, thinking they were monsters and hostile. She sighed and stared at Akira, "Are you ready?" Light's intent was to spar for once with Akira, holding nothing back.

Akira watched Leo in awe, he always spoke so freely with Lightning. She jumped a little as Light spoke and nodded quickly, pulling her gunblade from it's sheath. It extented to it's full length and Light did the same, unfolding it from a gun to it's blade form. "I-I won't lose this time!" She watched Lightning's lips curve into a slight smile and twirled her blade. It would be an even match since the women were equally matched in agility and strength. The only thing that would trump Akira would be Lightning's magic and her shooting aim.

8. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia swung her spear around and fought the monsters that came near her. She gasped and sighed, thinking to herself, 'Maybe I've gone with them........ Even if that guy, Snow, was with them.' She sighed and sat, catching her breath. Looking at the crystal tower, Mia wondered what kind of people Fang and Vanille were, she only heard stories about them. With a sigh, she said to herself, 'The only ones who know are Lighting and Snow, but there's no way I'm asking them.' She picked up her spear again and continued to train.

9. Arch Mana Knight

'I'll show him.' Grey silently thought to himself as he took off after Snow, keeping his hand on the handle of his blade as he ran after him. "Why couldn't we just stay back there?" He called out to Snow, he himself hardly being in the mood for running around.

OOC: Short post is really short.

10. StardustXtreme Chaser

Username: Protecter212
    Name: Ryou Misaki
    Appearance: http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz301/Qqqq885/Anime characters/Destructed.jpg (No cape attached)
    Personality: Kind towards others but he realises what is right and wrong to say, in battle, he completely focuses on the task at hand since he takes his training seriously when given a goal to strive for.
    Biography: Ryou lived in Oerba with his parents until the age of 10 as they went out with a search party for survivors but they never returned to Oerba afterwards so, he had to accomdate to being alone within the house, he was taught how to cook and any other esstienal needs for the world but whenever he had free time, he’d practice with his father’s weapon as a promise to himself to become stronger for others and to keep his family’s memory alive, when Snow and Lighting offered training, he instantly took up their offer.
    Weapon: Daito (Japanese Lond Sword)
    Location of Brand: Upper left arm
    Magic Type: Ruin and Wind
    Eidolon: Wizel http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/haseo0690/warriors/white-knight-chronicles.jpg (No Shield)
    Geshalt – Wizel's cape vanishes and he goes on all fours, his metal hands becoming like claws, as the blade shatters into dust and reappears around where the mouth is supposed to be, creating a mouth with jagged ends, the blue eyes shine from the slits as Ryou leaps upon it as a seat is prepared for him as he commands the attacks, the finisher is a roar which charges up with clear white energy and fires upon it's enemy. (think of it as Cheetah)
    Other:

11. Love Kingdom Keeper

" Well I'm not going anywhere actually, I just got let off a mission so I'm using this time to do some investigating of my own intent. So my goings are none of your business. . ."
    She said tucking her rifle back into the holster on her back as she turned to take a look at the beast nearby. Her eyes fixed on the trees in the distance. She took off her sunglasses, not even thinking about what it might do, but she knew it was safe now to do so. Freyja's blue eyes glowed slightly, their full glow masked by the even brighter light of the sun.

12. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning hit Akira hard and jumped back after three slashes connecting on Akira's gunblade. She transformed her blade into it's gun form and shot at her. Akira rolling lithly away from the bullets and clashing with her mentor again. Lightning felt the rush of adrenaline and forgot her problems temporarily. This was what she was looking for. Light struck Akira hard in the gut with her heel as she spun around and knocked her to the ground. She let more of her smile show as Akira jumped up and continued fighting her.

13. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou wiped the sweat from his brow, it was certainly a hard effort doing training but the end results are satisfactory in the end to put in a certain woman's terms as he swiped in an arc with his weapon as he heard it cut through the air with eh strength he put behind the stroke before stopping as he sheathed the daito on his left hip as he he walked to a tree holding a small towel from it as he took it off and placed his face within it to soak the sweat up.

"Been doing this for seven years huh...how time flies." Ryou thought to himself as he removed the towel and put it around his neck and looked at Oerba which was only a couple of steps away, he left his house for training outside as a regular schedule.

"Wonder what those teachers are doing?" He thought to himself and had to chuckle lightly, Lighting and Snow are and within their own right, wonderful teachers to offer the chance and teach the people to defend for themselves, sure the two never seemed to get along with their standpoints until a certain agreement, almost like family.

Ryou started walking back into Oerba until he noticed something moving and he was about to grasp his daito's handle until he recognized the coat and black head-wear, it was Snow Villers as Ryou let go of his weapon.

"He's always so full of energy, maybe that's why some of the children look up to him..." He thought to himself, he recalled meeting Lighting and Snow when they offered the training as he immediately took it as a chance to see if his training before they arrived to the test and to improve it as he remembered Lighting, she certainly was a cold looking woman but a warrior within her own right, sure, she was 400 years old in years but she did look very beautiful to be such a striving woman at her young age she was released.

Snow was always the teacher to cheer up others in their times of need and always calling himself a hero, but the man certainly shown he tries to look out for others, almost like family, his coat was a strange piece of equipment to enhance his strength or defenses.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: In. You can fix what I PMed you about whenever :]

BIC:

"Naivete and innocence. Such is the mind of youth."
    [​IMG]
    As Leo approached the dummies, he let his Gunblade scrape across the ground. He loved that sound. "Here I come!" He whispered it loudly, almost expect the dummies to answer back. He grabbed the revolver/hilt with both hands and raised it as he picked up speed. Once a yard away from the nearest dummy, he jumped forward, slashing it. He landed behind it, but quickly spun around with a horizontal slash and jumped back. It was a move Lightning taught him: If your back is to your enemy, attack and move away at once. He slashed the back of two dummies and then saw Akira dodge Lightning's bullets. "Oh wow," he muttered as he stopped training to watch.

"The power of the heart resides in the fists."

"Mya! Come on! You're in this, too!" Snow yelled as he turned around and stopped. "Bring it on, little boy," he grinned at Grey as he assumed a fighting position. He could feel heat on his back as an emblem appeared on his coat. Energy ran through the tall man's body, as if he needed more. "Come on! Try to hit me! Both of you," he jumped from one foot to the next, his fists raised in front of him.

"As long as I have a want. I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death."

"Aw, but I don't want to do this alone!" Cid frowned at Freyja. His tone went from a serious, commanding one to a false, begging tone. "Why don't you come along? You can see the fall of Cocoon commence for yourself," he added as he worked his way to her front. He grinned as he stared deeply into her eyes. "Another army's going to rise. And they won't be Crystal l'Cie, but they will be l'Cie. Don't you want to go greet them?" As he asked, he raised a hand to his forehead, grabbing his goggles. "Merry more, so they say, you know?"

15. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Akira was momentarily distracted my Leo's "Oh, wow" and Lightning got a few punches and kicks in to her stomach. Akira dropped to one knee and quickly cartwheeled to the side, dodging Light's well aimed vertical slash. Akira scolded herself for getting distracted and so did Light, "Don't get distracted! Keep your head in the battle at all times or else you'll be killed in battle. No mercy, Akira!" Akira blocked her slash again and pushed hard on Lightning's blade, trying to get herself to her feet.

Light felt herself budge slightly from Akira's persistent pushing. She dropped down and kicked her feet out from under her crouched position. Sending Akira sprawling to the grass. Light stood in the momentum of her spin and held her blade to Akira's throat, "That's enough." she almost panted, "You've learned well, Akira, but your weakness is being distracted. Keep your head in the fight, even if that means putting yourself in a difficult position."

16. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya sighed as Snow called out to her. Alright. She pulled out her gunblade and got into a fighting stance. She examined the fight between Akira and Lightning. She was good, but too distracted. She shook her head and focused back into Snow.

17. Arch Mana Knight

Grey jumped forward as he swung his sword horizontally despite still being a long distance away from Snow. He flicked the switch on the handle as he did so causing the bladed chain to release and lash out at Snow's waist. Grey had no intentions of waiting for Snow to make the first move, something he and his brother had learned was that those who striked first would win the battle, something he chose to live by. "Try not to hurt yourself old man!" Grey retorted to Snow's comment.

18. Love Kingdom Keeper

Freyja smirked with satisfaction and fiddled with the metal rim of her sunglasses between her fingers.
    "Very well then, if there is going to be such a entertaining show count me there. I have been waiting for something to happen after such a long boresome span of silence from everyone."
    She chuckled softly as she put her sunglasses back on and gestured for Cid to lead, since she wasn't in mood for leading today.
    "Lets get going,I want to get there before some stupid detour pops up and keeps us waiting."

19. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou heard a noise of metal as he turned to see Grey was attacking Snow as Mya was also going to fight Snow so he'd have to deal with two opponents. "Two-on-one fight huh, Snow wouldn't need much help there." Ryou thought to himself, that man could probably handle double that number if he were perhaps very serious at best.

"Maybe I should spar with Lighting?" He asked himself in his thoughts, just practicing with the air being your enemy doesn't exactly give many possible scenario's to be attacked from and counteract them in the process as he patted the towel around his neck and found himself walking to the two girls that fought each other as he heard Lighting mention Akira's weakness in battle.

"You are one scary teacher Lighting, but then again, you are also a very good teacher in pointing out those weaknesses." He said with a smile. "Of course, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing." He stated to her.

20. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning looked up and helped Akira stand. "Isolating weakness is essential to making the perfect soldier. And call me Light." She didn't acknowledge the compliment or smile back. "I'm not nearly the most frightening thing out there. Beyond Oerba is a world of creatures that are far from gentle. It's not me who you should be afraid of, at least when you're finished being our pupil, you don't have to be." She flicked pink hair from her eyes and watched Akira slowly come back from her defeat.

Akira sighed and patted the dirt out of her clothes, "Beat again. Light, I'll never get better. It's too distracting with Leo making comments and stuff." She looked at Ryou, "Hmph, I won't have many weaknesses for long. I'm gonna train until nothing distracts me from the fight, then I'll spar with Lightning again, right Light?" She waited until Lightning nodded once and gave her an almost affectionate smile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.