Final Fantasy XIII: Slaves of Fate

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Hey guys,
    I went ahead and made an OOC thread. I'm going to include everything there, including new towns and the sort.
    So far, I only moved the apprentices', Lightning's, and Snow's Character Forms there.
    I'll be adding the others (and removing them from the first post).
    Then tomorrow, I'll go ahead and start adding other things like events, places, etc.
    If you have any suggestions for it, please, let me know.
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?105576-FFXIII-Slaves-of-Fate-*-DѦTѦLѲG-*&p=3279475

2. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya frowned and examined the scene. She saw the injured girl and pondered. Huh. Wonder what's going on. Hey, who is she?

3. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou had heard the commotion and wondered what on earth was going on as he stuck his head outside his front door to see Light and Snow in a rush with other people following as he blinked. "What?" He asked himself and took his key as he shut the door to run at the home that housed Mia and he came in.

"It's only me, no enemies." He said in defence as he raised his hands slightly to get the point across and saw the wounded girl as he picked up the jacket as he dug his hands into her pockets to see if there was any identification about her since Leo seemed to have a camera he took from her.

4. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia sighed and looked at the others, especially Lighting and Snow. "I found her when she entered town. She should be fine." Looking at Lighting and Snow, Mia sighed and let the girl rest. She sat on the edge of the bed, stretching her head and don't knowing what to do.

5. Arch Mana Knight

Grey released his grip from Snow as he turned his attention towards Lightning who was already on the move. He crossed his arms, curious as to why she would say Snow was fooling around when the same could be said about her when she was sparring with someone else. 'Women.' He looked over at Snow, waiting for him to take the lead while Grey took the time to retrieve his sword.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"The power of the heart resides in the fists."

"What's going on?" Snow asked as he walked in. He took a few steps toward the subject of the commotion. A young girl laying on the bed, wounded. He looked at her face before staggering forward a step, "S-Ser-?" He was confused for a slight moment, thinking Serah was in front of him, but he noticed the girl only had a small resemblance to Serah, but it was definitely there. "Is she alright? What happened to her?" He looked around at everyone, waiting for an answer. He then walked forward and noticed her jacket on the floor. This must be hers, He realized, picking it up. He spread it out and laid it over the girl. The moment the brown jacket made contact with her skin, her breaths lightened as if she had calmed down.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Naivete and innocence. Such is the mind of youth."
    [​IMG]
    Leo didn't answer Snow since he had no idea himself. Instead, he stepped out of the room with the camera in his hand. The room had six beds, but it was still a small room. It was getting crowded. We should renovate the room...Snow and Lightning have their own, he thought as he bumped into Ryou on the way out. Sorry, he didn't realize he didn't speak the word, only thought it as he raised the camera to study it. He leaned against the wall outside of the room and started flipping through the pictures on the screen. The camera wasn't very state-of-the-art, but then again, it was a regular camera, not a security camera or government camera. The pictures were mostly of scenery, Leo could recognize the Subterra of Mah'Habara and Habara itself. There was several pictures of the Sulyya Springs, he even noticed something retreating into the water. Bismarck? The fal'Cie, maybe? He wondered. She had captured several pictures of monsters, some at a distance and some up close. Leo didn't remember the girl having a weapon on her. She must be a brave one... He moved on to the next set of pictures, pictures of Taejin's Tower it seems. "Hmm...She's obviously a photographer," he muttered as he noticed the tall tower. There were a few pictures of the insides and the monstrous inhabitants, but most of the pictures were from its peak. He could see one zoomed in towards Oerba. He flipped to the last picture. "Huh?" He almost dropped the camera at what he saw. "Hey, guys, look at this!" He yelled suddenly.

7. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia stood up and looked at what was going on outside. She had grabbed her weapon to defend herself. "What's going on out there?!" She shouted.

8. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Akira blinked at Leo as he left without answering anyone. She wanted to follow him but she noticed Lightning's behavior change. Turning with a curious eye toward Light she watched her mentor closely.

Lightning knelt beside the woman and lightly placed her hand on the woman's forehead, "She does look like her, doesn't she..." Light let a bit of her cure power slip into the strange woman, taking the edge off of her pain. She jumped when Leo started yelling, "What's he yelling about now?" she scowled at Snow.

9. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    Freyja grinned and began walked towards the area he gestured towards, the click of her heels against scattered stone the only sound coming from her till she finally felt the need to have a conversation.
    "So hey, I wasn't around to hear the full detail of your mission, I only heard a quick overview of it. But are you really think you are going to accomplish it? Getting to Cocoon and all? I don't think I have ever seen such a place, I wonder if all the inhabitants there are really the foolish and ignorant kind I hear about."

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Don't ask me," Snow said, his eyes still on the girl. He was almost entranced and didn't budge from where he was standing despite Leo's exclamation. "Go check on him, will ya?" He asked Lightning, hoping a monster hadn't walked into the house.

[​IMG]
    Leo jumped when Mia came out with her weapon. "Whoa! Calm down, there's no threat...well, not here anyway," he said as he raised the camera and pointed it to the wall. He hit a button on the side, causing it to project the image onto the wall like a projector. The image grew as tall as Leo himself. It was a picture from the peak of Taejin's Tower, but the most interesting part was the picture was of. In the distance, there was a glimmering mass of white. "One second, while I zoom in," he said as he struggled with the camera. After a couple of tries (and changes to black and white), the picture zoomed in to the glimmering white. Once the maximum amount of "zoom" was reached, the image cleared. The glimmering white mass was still small, having been miles and miles away from the photographer, but one could make out the shape. It was a crowd of several dozens, if not over a hundred, people. At first, it seemed that they were glowing white, but upon closer inspection, their true nature was revealed. "Crystal l'Cie..."

-------------------

"As long as I have a want. I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death."

"Every single one of its citizens is a walking mass of ignorance, hatred, and hopeless uselessness," Cid said hatefully as they walked. "And no, I won't accomplish it," he said as he grinned, reaching a herd of Chocobo. "But we have to go meet those who will," he said as he jumped on a Chocobo. "Come on, let's go." He was in a hurry to bring Cocoon's downfall upon it.

11. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning huffed, he arms still folded and closed her eyes, "Whatever it is, I'm sure it can't be..." She never got to finish her sentence, for Akira jumped and ran out the door, "Akira!"

Akira figured she could find out what was wrong with Leo for Light. She stood from leaning against the wall and ran out the door, stopping when she saw the small white picture. She covered her mouth and whispered, "Crystal l'Cie..." Her mind told her to go back and tell the others but she stood frozen, staring at their strange beauty. Akira knew she wouldn't do well against a crystal l'Cie in battle, they moved far quicker than she could like Light and Snow did and their power was focused into painful amounts. At least so she'd found out from Lightning from her stories of Cid Raines. Akira slowly stepped out from her hiding spot and looked at Leo, "You have to show that to Lightning and Snow, you know. They can't come here. Dad...I won't let his life have been in vain. Light! Snow!" She shouted for them and waited for them to see what Leo had found.

12. Arch Mana Knight

"So is that really all you called us for?" Grey spoke from over Leo's shoulder, having appeared beside him without any notice. "It's just another thing we have to take care of. Still, I suppose it's nice to have a decent picture of what to look out for." He stepped back, continuing to show his lack of interest. Worrying about the enemy never got anything done, they had never fought against a Crystal l'Cie and could only prepare to fight one, there was nothing else to it in Grey's eyes. "I wonder if they have any weaknesses..." Grey spoke aloud, trailing off as he curiously pondered the thought. "And I wonder how that girl managed to take a picture of them."

13. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou didn't find anything in the pockets of the jacket. "Well she's obivously is not a photographer for a magazine." he comcluded and heard Leo''s and then Akira's calls, it must of been very important for both of them to be so worried they needed their teachers to check it as he breathed, he recalled what Snow almost said to the girl but didn't finish the name. "Wonder who he thought she was..." He thought to himself.

Ryou walked out to see the picture as he amde room for the door and he blinked a few times to grasp the situation the picture shown as Ryou thought back to the war, there were Crystal I'Cie rumors and how they looked like from a description from Lighting and Snow, from what they said, Cid Raines was a respectable man until they discovered his true form and as to why he became one.

Ryou heard Grey talk about weaknesses for a moment as Ryou wondered that himself but Lighting and Snow would know about their way around that problem since they're experienced and plus, Crystal I'Cie were just as strong as the I'Cie themselves, perhaps even more than a group, Snow did mention it took six I'Cies to defeat Cid who was on equal ground with the group.

"Perhaps we should leave the Crystal I'Cie to Light and Snow, they know what they're like but us, even though we trained under them, we can't fight them head on unless we're distractions..." Ryou said thoughtfully, sure, being a distraction was an advantage in away, as long as you know what you are doing and don't get killed in the process.

14. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning followed Akira out the door and examined the picture, "What do you know. A crystal l'Cie. I wonder which of the Cocoon fal'Cie branded them?" She stared at the picture for a moment longer without another word and closed her eyes, standing silent, thinking over their battle with Cid Raines all that time ago.

15. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia looked at them, then ran out of town. The only thing on her mind was finding Crystal I'Cie, clearly not hearing what Ryou said about fighting them. She just wanted to find them and maybe fight them. But she wasn't sure if she could do it, but decided to try. Mia wanted to prove her strength to Lighting and Snow, show them that people from Gran Pulse were just as good as the people from Cocoon.

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Snow quickly followed everyone else, curious as to what the commotion was about. He hesitated for a moment, looking back at the girl and then walked out. It took a second for the picture to register. "Raines?" The blond buff l'Cie exclaimed, looking at them. "So that's a Crystal l'Cie, huh?" It was actually Snow's first time seeing one. He remembered how Raines had a normal appearance until he tapped into his l'Cie power and wondered if maybe he had seen another one before, but it was disguised as a normal person. "Heh, nothing we can't handle, right, Lightning?" He asked, putting on his trademark grin. He was sure of himself, but in reality, he also wondered if they could. Cid Raines was difficult enough, but this? This was much more than a single brigadier general, this was an army. Mia ran past him without warning, almost knocking the tall man down. "Whoa, Mia!" Snow ran down the stairs after her, making sure she didn't do anything stupid, but she had a headstart on him. Once she reached the stairs heading out of Oerba, Snow decided to take a short cut, and turned early. He jumped between the buildings, grabbing the railing and landing in front of her. "Hey now, where do you think you're going?" He asked, cutting her off.

[​IMG]
    "Not a Crystal l'Cie," Leo replied to Lightning as he moved the image around using a directional pad on camera. The image centered the glimmering mass to show an entire army l'Cie. "But an army of them..." Leo was worried. It was true they had been training just for this, to fight l'Cie, but he had never heard of them traveling in such a large group. Joining the military seemed like the obvious choice. PSICOM, the Guardian Corps, and the militia. All three now have had a Cocoon and Gran Pulse division for centuries, with the militia forming after the war against the Crystal l'Cie started by people who only wanted to fight during times of war. They would make more of a difference joining one of these than trying to take out the l'Cie themselves...Ignoring Grey's comment about weaknesses, Leo zoomed out. The army of Crystal l'Cie turned into a glimmering mass again. "It looks like she took it from Taejin's Tower," he said before flipping to a different picture. "That tower is tall enough to give a view of most of Gran Pulse, especially since it was rebuilt all those years ago..." Leo said. Is now really the time for a history lesson? He asked himself sarcastically.

17. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

"Going to find the Crystal I'Cie, of course!" Mia shouted, gripping her weapon. "I wanna prove to you former Cocoon people that I can fight on my own! I wanna be like Oerba Yun Fang like in the stories I heard! Now, move, Snow!" She pointed her weapon at him, hoping to pass to go on with her mission of finding the Crystal I'Cie.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Snow spread his arms out, determined not to let Mia through. "No one is saying you can't fight on your own, but you can't go rushing in like this!" He yelled, hoping to talk some sense into that. "Six of us l'Cie had trouble fighting just one of them. What are you going to do against an army?" Snow was confused. What was her vendetta against Cocoon about? "I don't know what you have against Cocoon, but why do you hate it? Isn't the what the Crystal l'Cie do, too?"

OOC: Datalog updated. Just a little bit, though <<

19. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

"I heard how Cocoon was made to 'protect' humanity from Gran Pulse! That's mean the people from Cocoon think of us as animals!" Mia shouted back, tightening her grip. "I'm going to prove to you and Lighting that people from Gran Pulse are better from Cocoon!"

20. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning sighed, Taejin's Tower used to hold a fal'Cie. She wasn't absolutely sure that fal'Cie still resided there, but if it had healed from the beating it took all those years ago, it probably was just as sore about visitors in the Tower as it had been back then. She watched Snow run out after Mia. Why were kids always going off doing things they thought they could do on their own? She grabbed the camera from Leo and flipped through the rest of the pictures, all useless. "Then we train harder. No mercy now. Crystal l'Cie are much stronger for even l'Cie like me and Snow."

Akira sighed, "Harder training? But I thought we were almost done?" She pulled at her hair. Akira decided her part in this discussion was over and jogged out of Oerba, running for the pure thrill of moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.