Final Fantasy XIII: Slaves of Fate

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Lennea had been walking though Oerba. Calamity Spear on her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough yet to fight on her own, so she was being extra careful to stay away from the tougher monsters. She knew she should training, but she hadn't felt like it that day, she wanted at least a little time to herself. She walked aimlessly, until suddenly she bumped into an enemy. It wasn't too big, she figured it was worth a shot it trying. She reached for her spear and ran at the enemy, it took several blows. She backed away from it, ready to block it's attack. As she was backing away, another of the same type joined the fight. It was now two against one and Lynnea wasn't sure if she could handle two.

2. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou heard Light's words of more harder training and Akira's complains before running away to somewhere unknown to him but herself as he rubbed his hair. "It's true that the original cause of this training was to fight stronger enemies..." He thought to himself and looked at Lighting.

"If there is indeed an army of these approaching, then we have no choice but to push ourselves to the limit." He said to her, the training up until now was not holding back but now Lighting was going to push them to their breaking point.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"The power of the heart resides in the fists."

Snow was astonished, he staggered back a step as he watched Mia. "What? You have it all wrong!" He said, waving an arm. "It may have been like that back then, but not anymore! It was Cocoon's people that rebuilt Oerba, I was one of them!" He told the girl, surprised that she felt this way. "Everyone here came from Cocoon, your great grandparents probably did!" Snow couldn't believe what she said; did people's minds go back to the way they were all those years ago?

------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Snapshot of the future."

[​IMG]

"Cocoon has to know!" A weak voice yelled from behind everybody. The girl had woken up and was now leaning against the door way, having heard the latter part of the conversation. She was huffing, obviously out of breath, and still sweating. Her brown eyes were wincing slightly from pain, but she felt a little better after her wounds were treated. "The Crystal l'Cie...they...they were headed towards the Eden Elevator!" She yelled it at Lightning, assuming the older woman was the one in charge. "They're headed to Cocoon!" She tried taking a step forward, but stumbled.

4. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia glared at him, lowering her weapon. She hated to admit it, but Snow was right. "I never got to know my great grandparents or my grandparents, they died long before I was born. My parents were medics in the war and was killed. I just want to be strong enough to avenge their deaths....... But how you would know about protecting something precious?!" Mia lowered her head and cried.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning jerked and caught the woman before she could fall, "You should've stayed in bed." she scolded and soaked in the other bits of information she'd given them, "The Eden Elevator...neither PSICOM nor the Guardian Corps will allow them to get through. Eden is guarded the most in all of Cocoon." She dismissed all else said then, "We should check it out. If Eden is in danger, PSICOM and the Guardian Corps may not be enough to stop all those Crystal l'Cie." Light hated leaving before anyone was properly trained, but maybe the trip would be enough to push everyone enough to be stronger...like Hope had. She shook her head, clearing the memories. This woman who reminded her of Serah, obviously knew more about the Crystal l'Cie than she looked. "Who are you?"

Akira ran as fast as she could, away from Oerba. She noticed something following her. Turning sharply she almost caught a glance of it. "I have a bad feeling about this." She pulled out her gunblade from its sheath and held it at her side, ready.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Arch, I don't think Snow and Mia are inside anymore. Mia ran out and Snow followed her <<

7. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: ...<< This is what happens when you multi-task. At least with me anyways. I'll just delete that.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: It's fine xD Datalog updated with different pictures (I edited them so they wouldn't be so big). I still have to add the Crystal l'Cie and Jenny before I'm done with people.

BIC:

"The power of the heart resides in the fists."

"Mia..." Snow whispered. Her question had made his memories of Serah flash in his hand. The icy l'Cie would have cried at that moment, if that was his nature. "Trust me...I know a lot about that..." he said as he put his arms around her. "I'll tell you about it all some day, alright? And I'll tell you about Fang and Vanille, stories you probably never even heard of!" He told her, trying to cheer her up. He pulled her close, giving her the same protecting hug he had given Hope centuries before. "But you have to live long enough to hear those stories. You promise me that and I promise you I'll teach you how to protect the ones you love," Snow let go and walked past her, his eyes directed towards their home. "Now come-" before he could finish, he heard the sounds of battle. He looked around to see Lynnea fighting two monsters. She should have been able to take one, but two? "Hey, Mia. Why don't you start by protecting your fellow Oerban?" He said, pointing to Lynnea. "Help her out, will ya?" He knew both of them would easily be able to defeat the monsters. He realized both of them were also the ones who used Fang's preference of weapon.

"Snapshot of the future."

[​IMG]

"Th-thank...you..." the girl struggled to say. She tried to push herself off Lightning and, with great effort, managed to stand on both her own feet. "You can call me Jenny...from Habara." She tried to think of the best way to word who she was, but she didn't think she was anybody special. "And that's who I am. Just Jenny," she said, looking at Lightning's eyes. The woman scared her, to be frank, and she let go, backing away. "I...I was taking pictures at that tower, you know that really big one? Taejin's Tower? And then, I saw...them," she said, referencing the Crystal l'Cie. "I knew I had to do something! They were headed to Cocoon!" The memory was giving her a headache as she told her story. She looked at Leo and then Grey, continuing, "So I took their picture, and then ran. I wanted to make find someone from PSICOM to show them this...but I'm on my way down the tower," she started to shake, remembering what happened. "There was a l'Cie there...he attacked me and left me to die!" Her eyes watered up as she struggled to finish her story. "But...I guess he didn't finish the job...I got out when I woke up, but I couldn't make it back to Habara or to the Elevator so I came here..." She looked back at Lightning, "And then I woke up in that bed," she pointed to the other room.

9. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning stared at Jenny, "A l'Cie attacked you? It must have been a Cocoon l'Cie. Damn." She walked out of the room, she needed time to think it over. Her story was believable and Light had already been training them to fight crystal l'Cie...she should find the crystal l'Cie. Light stopped and closed her eyes. This day was becoming more stressful by the minute.

Akira noticed something move in the corner of her eye, "That's it! Who's there!" A large shadow fell across her and she stared up at a Behemoth, "Oh crap..."

10. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou looked at Lighting who left the house and she certainly wasn't happy, more like stressed out as he rubbed his hair, it was one thing after another today as he approached her. "You don't look well." He said concerned and placed his hands in his pockets and felt his hand hit something metal as his eyes widened slightly, it was the knife he picked up earlier after the training.

11. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Mia smiled and nodded at Snow. She ran toward the other monster attacking Lynnea, "Big guy, look this way!!!!!!" The monster looked at her and she attacked it. Mia ran to Lynnea, "You okay?"

12. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Light turned on her heel to look at Ryou, "I'm fine. It's you who should be concerned for yourself. Even still as humans, you can't fight them. Crystal l'Cie are stronger than you by tenfold and even faster than I am." She dug in her pocket, as if looking for something. Lightning scolded herself silently for letting Serah's present fall out of her pocket.

Akira was knocked backwards to the ground to avoid being sheaded by those giant claws. It's sharp claws came down on her and she pulled her gunblade up to block it. Using all her strength to keep it away from her. "This can't be good." Wedging her blade down a little to dig it into the pad of it's giant paw it pulled back to claw her into the ground and she rolled away. Large claw marks dug into the ground where she had just been lying. Akira jumped to her feet, "You want a piece of me, big boy? Bring it on!"

13. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou looked at Lighting who spoken to him. "It's true I should look out for myself like you said, but that doesn't mean I can look out for others while I am able." He said to her and noticed she was searching for something in her pocket. "Could this be Light's?" He thought to himself, he never seen her use it before but he realised it was probably something special just like his daito to keep someone's memory alive.

"You're looking for this?" He asked her as he dug out the knife and held it. "I found it after we sparred but I didn't know if it belonged to your or Akira so I figured I'd hold onto it until I got the chance to ask if it belonged to either of you." Ryou said to Light.

14. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

OOC: I'm gonna need a recap and how to go into the situation DX

15. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Light stared at Serah's present in Ryou's hand. "Serah...Yeah, it's mine. My sister gave it to me for my brithday...a long time ago." She took the knife from him and lovingly flicked the blade out and pushed it closed before pocketing it. "Thank you, Ryou."

Akira dodged the Behemoth's claws and gnashing teeth and cut into it's shoulder. Jumping away from it, she still wasn't out of it's long reach. The Behemoth slashed the air in front of her and she yelped.

16. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou had to smile at Light as she took back the pocket knife. "So it's from her sister huh..." He looked at her. "It's precious to you Light, besides if you do lose it, I'll have to return it to you again." Ryou said warmly, he wasn't joking to say the least, he knew what it was it like to keep something that reminded you of family and how precious it becomes to them.

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Light refrained from smiling at him and suddenly a roar of a Behemoth jolted her from her memories of Serah. "Akira..." She ran towards the sound and what she hoped wasn't Akira lying on the ground bleeding.

Akira panted and weakly dodged another slash, "You just don't give up do you?" She fell back onto the ground as a giant paw came down to crush her...

Lightning stopped those grimy claws from touching Akira with her gunblade and easily slid one hand from her blade and cast Firaga into it's stomach making it yowl in pain and jerk back from Light. "Akira, stand up!"

18. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou quickly follow Lighting's steps as he saw the Behemoth and stopped beside Akira as he given her a potion to drink down. "So, how shall we take this guy down?" He asked as he unsheathed the daito with relative ease.

19. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lightning growled at them, "Get Akira out of here! I've taken down bigger things than a Behemoth." She ran at the Behemoth, her Army of One ability flaring as she hit the Behemoth several times with her punches, kicks and her blade. Time seemed to slow drastically as she attacked the thing.

20. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ryou sheathed his weapon and helped move Akira to get away from the monster as he looked over his shoulder to keep track of the monster, Lighting wasn't kidding around, she was showing her experience and ease with the Behemoth. "Who am I kidding? This is Light I'm talking about." He thought to himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.