Hacking Tutorial

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by JLHack7, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

yes, and stickied...

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

ok fine, here is some more info about PS2. these are very useful techniques i use all the time. but first here's a VERY important term to understanding this guide

address= the first 8 digits in a code, it's where the data is located

Credit to CMP for teaching me this

these are the simplest way to explain it, i've put it into caveman terms so dont' ask me to simplify it more, this as simple as it will get
    JOKERING
    well, joker codes are lines of code which are commands. they prevent a code from working until you press the proper button(s). these are very handy when you only want a code to be active at a certain point. Trivia: these codes are named after the User/Hacker who discovered them: Joker!
    here is the simplest way to joker codes, use the bottom format. put this line of code above the codes you are jokering

E0?????? ????????

??= how many lines of code are being jokered
    ????= the buttons you will press to activate the code, here are what you fill in for this area

credit to CMP for these
    FFFE=SELECT
    FFFD=L3
    FFFB=R3
    FFF7=START
    FFEF=上
    FFDF=右
    FFBF=下
    FF7F=左
    FEFF=L2
    FDFF=R2
    FBFF=L1
    F7FF=R1
    EFFF=△
    DFFF=○
    BFFF=×
    7FFF=□
    don't know what the Japanese ones are

????????= joker address, it will ALWAYS be the same for the same game unless it has more than one joker address. sometimes games will have more than one joker address becuz sometimes the same address won't always work. also, games with more than one ELF will have more than one joker address required

Example of completed jokered code (these are fake)

Press R2 to activate the bottom 3 lines
    E003FDFF 00329873
    23543454 23432222
    45745766 90909090
    34534533 36453655

Condensing
    Condensing codes are when you make many lines of codes have the same effect by using ALOT less lines. it's very handy for codes that have ALOT of lines, however it doesn't always work. it can only work when there are the same number of lines in between the codes you want condensed. you need to use an ELF or dump to know this.

anyways, here is the simple breakdown of condesning codes

4??????? 00??00??
    ???????? 00000000

???????= starting address of the code you will condense. it's the first code that comes, you want the address with the lowest number here. you place a 4 in front of the address.
    ??= number of lines you will condense. this MUST be written in Hex format. use Windows Calculator to convert a regular number like say, 19, to Hex which will be 13 in Hex format
    ??= the pattern of condensing. like if you put a 02 in there, it will condense every other line instead of all of them. put a 01 to get all lines of code underneath. that is why condensing only works if there is even space between what you want condensed
    ????????= the digits you want written to ALL the addresses that are being condensed

Example of Fully Condensed Code (example from KH2)

original lines of codes. these are the party mod codes
    Code:
    20340C9C NNDDWWMM = Doesn't seem to be anything 
    20340CA0 NNDDWWMM = Doesn't seem to be anything 
    20340CA4 NNDDWWMM = Twilight Town 
    20340CA8 NNDDWWMM = Doesn't seem to be anything 
    20340CAC NNDDWWMM = Hollow Bastion 
    20340CB0 NNDDWWMM = Beasts Castle 
    20340CB4 NNDDWWMM = Olympus Coliseum 
    20340CB8 NNDDWWMM = Agrabah 
    20340CBC NNDDWWMM = The Land of Dragons 
    20340CC0 NNDDWWMM = 100 Acre Wood 
    20340CC4 NNDDWWMM = Pride Lands 
    20340CC8 NNDDWWMM = Atlantica 
    20340CCC NNDDWWMM = Disney Castle 
    20340CD0 NNDDWWMM = Timeless River 
    20340CD4 NNDDWWMM = Halloween Town 
    20340CD8 NNDDWWMM = Doesn't seem to be anything 
    20340CDC NNDDWWMM = Port Royal 
    20340CE0 NNDDWWMM = Space Paranoids 
    20340CE4 NNDDWWMM = The World that Never Was 

00 = Roxas(start of the game)/Sora(before and after he gets his new outfit) 
    01 = Donald 
    02 = Goofy 
    03 = Partner Character(world specific)/Riku(TWTNW) 

so if you want to affect ALL of those lines of code you should condense.
    see? all the methods above are put into this code.

40340C9C 00130001
    03010200 00000000

the 4 in front of the starting address from the top of the list. the 13 showing that it will condense 19 lines of code. and the bottom left shows that it will write 03010200 to ALL those 19 lines of code.

END OF GUIDES

there, i hope those helped!!!!

3. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

... I wanted to teach the jokering thing, I mean, you weren't able to joker the music switch codes, but I did... I made all the jokers... :(

ehhh, oh well, you're going off to college so, go ahead and have a last hurrah

anywho, heres a better way to get joker digits

now then, I forgot to put a disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is the colaboration of several individuals (see Thanks page). This information is in no way endorsed or supported by CodeJunkies.com or Datel, Ltd.

(disclaimer taken from http://hellion00.thegfcc.com/index.html, the site where I learned everything about jokers)

I'm getting lazy now, so I'll just quote a bunch of stuff from Hellion's site

(Credit to hellion00, site: see above link)

"Hacking the PS2...

In order to hack for the PS2 effectively, you'll need to have basic understanding of memory addresses and values and how they work. A good understanding of the hexadecimal and binary number systems is also very helpful. There are probably many tutorials on the web to explain these. You can use Altavista or Google to find them.

The Action Replay works by modifying memory values in your PS2 after a game has loaded. Most of these codes work by repeatedly writing a specified value to a specified address. Other codes, like Joker Commands, work by comparing values that are in memory. What a certain code does depends mostly on the address that it is modifying. That address could be changing the underlying code of the game (for codes like "Cars Don't Stop For Pedestrians"), or it could just be setting the value of a variable in memory (for codes like "Infinite Uzi Ammo").

I can tell you how to use the Action Replay and its commands to their fullest potential. The rest is up to you...

On to the codes...

An AR2 code is made up of four parts:

1. Command
    2. Address
    3. Value
    4. Encryption

The Command tells the AR2 how to process the address and value that are specified. It also determines the format of the code. Most commands require only one line of code, while others require two.

The Address specifies where in memory the operation is going to take place. Determining new addresses of codes is probably the most difficult part of hacking. Most codes, like Infinite Ammo, require special hardware to determine the proper addresses to modify. However, using PS2DIS, you can sometimes find very useful addresses, especially if the game's coding is labeled (see the PS2DIS guide here for more information).

The Value specifies the quantity to be used in the command. This value is usually either placed in memory or a memory value is tested against it.

Last, but definitely not least, the entire code is encrypted. This, I guess, is to keep other companies from easily stealing Action Replay codes. It also prevents home-hackers like us from easily creating new codes."

4. Sasuke240 Kingdom Keeper

can any1 give me the maxconvert pls

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

There's a sticky about it- read the stickies and you'll find it.

6. Hero Form Hollow Bastion Committee

Does anyone know a program that lets you convert Gamboy Advance codes?

7. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Depends on the format you are converting from, and the format you are converting to

8. Hero Form Hollow Bastion Committee

Can I use MAXConvert for gameboy advance?

Also, when will the next part of the tutorial be done?

9. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

just PM with: the code, what format it is in, and what format you want it to be converted to

10. Hero Form Hollow Bastion Committee

Can do, and thanks!

Jlhack7, I decided to try and look for codes on my own, and I got this:02031936. Do you know what it does?

11. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Half the fun of making codes is testing them, so find out yourself what it does by testing digits with it (start with 63, and look for something that is 99, like CP, AP, Cards, Level, XP, etc, then go to 62, and look for 98, and keep going down, 61, 60, 5F, 5E, 5D, 5C, 5B, 5A, 59, 58, etc.)

12. Hero Form Hollow Bastion Committee

I tried using it and it doesn't seem to do anything.

13. blacknumbers Hollow Bastion Committee

look, i am only a child(teen) and i don't understand, so can you teach me a easier way to teach me how to MAKE codebreaker codes for the ps2 games. It is so hard to understand this stuff!

14. Majik Chaser

there is no "easy" way to hack, you can do the hard work and learn or you can just send in code requests.......sucks doesn't it

you can learn it, i said the same thing once i started but i got it. ( and i have a learning dis-ability......i'm not saying that to make you feel stupid )

=P

15. SoulSlayer Traverse Town Homebody

Here are some good tutorials on the hexadecimal and binary number systems:

http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/numHexToDec/
    http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/numDecToHex/
    http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/numHexToBin/

Try to understand how it all works. If you don't, maybe your math teacher or even your parents or whatever will help you out. Then come back here, and the stuff posted here will probably be easier to understand. Just go over it a couple of times.

16. blacknumbers Hollow Bastion Committee

thank you, i just learned how to translate hex to binary and othere things...
    but still, how do you MAKE codes for the PS2? (enfisis on the word "make").....

17. ishotansem King's Apprentice

hey jlhack why dont u just amke a youtube video about hacking

18. blacknumbers Hollow Bastion Committee

dude, you a GENIUS!!!!

do it, jhacks!

19. Sasuke240 Kingdom Keeper

can any1 pls give me maxconvert i'm to lazy

and i think Jlhack should do hacking video

20. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Oh... my... god... use the search function

Nobody give it to him

let him find it himself

(HINT TO Sasuke240: ITS ATTACHED TO ONE OF THE THREADS IN THE CODE VAULT)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.