Help images not showing in posts and sigs

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Hyuge ✧, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I know a few others have been having this issue, but as of late, images in posts like Roleplay banners and such just show up as [ img ] icons, while appearing fine on other people's screens. I'll post screen shots later when I'm not afk. Currently on my phone, which appears to be having even worse problems with that. Almost everyone's sigs come up as [ img ] and any if not all images in their posts (even non rp related ones) are also [ img ].

2. Misty gimme kiss

I've not had this problem, maybe in one or two odd places but nothing prominent. It sounds like a browser-level issue, though. Could those having the problem post & give some details (what browser you're using, what threads/signatures you're seeing this in, etc.)?

3. Jayn

I'm having the same problem, but only on my Kindle Fire. Any image that's not an avatar shows up just as [ IMG], like it's broken. It didn't always do this. It just started up a couple of days ago. Happens in any thread.

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

same, if i'm on my phone, it's broken for every non avatar image. i.e. posts and sigs. i use firefox, it's the only browser that works with my computer, and up until a couple days ago, there were no problems. now all the threads have issues with images, but it's not like every image either, at least not on the computer. some will work and some won't. i'll try to find some now to screen tap.

Edit: here are two examples. if i could screen tap on my phone somehow, i would have loads more. lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Have you tried a different browser?

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

She said in her last post that Firefox was the only browser that worked on her computer.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Oops, missed that.

Is Mozilla Firefox up-to-date, then?

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

It is up-to-date and it's oddly the only browser that runs my internet at an appropriate speed. Anything else runs like dial-up and lags really bad. But anyway, as I said, it's not just the computer. There are issues with the mobiles. i.e. my phone, Jayn's tablet. I sent a message to some of the other people I know that were having problems with it, but apparently they never posted.

Along with this is the image for the Castle Oblivion pin. I didn't know if there was actually a problem with it or if it's just my computer/phone/tablet. The image on that pin has been broken for a long time, longer than this other stuff and it's the only pin that looks broken.

Edit: example of the pin-
    [​IMG]

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

I also have this problem and she screen-captured the two I had this problem with. I also am using Mozilla Firefox.

10. Misty gimme kiss

@ hyuge-chan: if you hard refresh the page (CTRL + SHIFT + R), do the images load?

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

no sadly that didn't help.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Are you on Windows or a Mac? What OS are you running?

13. Misty gimme kiss

I've found the problem from Jayn's RP post, it was because the file name had some censored words in it. The censors affected the link and broke it, that's up to her to fix.

For example, if my link was:
    Code:
    http://www.kh-vids.net/poop.png
    And 'poop' was censored, the link would become:
    Code:
    http:///www.kh-vids.net/****.png
    And break.

Looking into the rest.

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

1. Windows
    2. Windows XP Service Pack 2
    3. I don't see how it's relevant.

That's nice to know Misty, but it's also not broken for everyone. There are some people that see it, some that don't.

Also, I noticed the Castle Survivor pins look fine again. Idk if it was just me or if you got those fixed, but yeah...