Is life fair?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by EvilMan_89, Nov 24, 2008.

?

Do you think life is fair?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

no i'm not down. i just wondering what ppl think. i do think that a lot of people have a lot of good and bad that they're not really aware of tho, but not being aware of them might also be good or bad.
    i kinda agree with that.
    no, just hopefully thought provoking

2. The Fuk? Dead

Also, if people read the first post, it said not to argue, just to discuss.

3. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

We're all forgetting that life doesn't have to be fair in order to be happy. Why dwell on chance and probability when you can assess your life in terms of what is meaningful to you and the things that you can control. Don't brood, rejoice that the universe is imperfect.

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Personally I find this question a bit vague, so I'll just add on a few random bits here... Life isn't fair, but at the same time is. By living, you encounter everything on an unconditional basis, in my opinion, and because of that I wouldn't ever categorize it as unfair or fair. Now, certainly, some things seem fair/unfair, but that is because we say so.

I think life is fair... but at the same time isn't. We pay for coming into conscious existence by ultimately leaving it. Everything in between is a series of give-and-take/cause-and-effect interruptions/encounters.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

exactly. the world would be kinda boring if it were w/o conflict.

i rememeber reading this on a poster "Life's not fair, the quicker you get over it, the better off you are."

well, i think that if a person thinks life is unfair, they should get over it and learn to deal with it.

but i honestly don't know if life is fair or not

well yea, but it's still ok to disagree with someone btw. i just said that because i honestly didn't feel like constructing an argument, refuting other ppl's claims, and stuff like that. like more of a conversation rather than a debate/argument.

6. The Fuk? Dead

Also, don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive. lol

Everyone has problems, rich or poor, but nobody can say they have it worse than someone and get credit for it. And that's big coming from someone who could use that excuse a lot. No, life isn't fair, but no one can get mad or make excuses about anything, it's all about luck. That's it, no "natural selection", no one's "selected", whatever happens happens, but I do agree with you, problems make life more interesting and less boring.

7. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

8. The Fuk? Dead

Nope, that's too boring. lol

9. Defame King's Apprentice

Life isn't fair until you're 18 and move out of your parents house.

10. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

LOL, even that's a lie.

11. Defame King's Apprentice

Lolz true; my bad.

12. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

i think it's about 50-50
    i mean sometimes life is great, you're living a good life, you have good friends, family and someone you love then it can go horribly wrong and everything just gets pulled down and you have next to nothing left.​

13. Styx That's me inside your head.

Sounds like overall laziness to be honest.

14. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Then how's this: school days are so cramped together while holidays and such are so spread out and short, some aren't more significant than ur normal weekend. Yes, that's real fair. (lol, ok, maybe that's another lazy statement <<)

15. The Fuk? Dead

lol, are you serious? That's when life is fair, when you have barely any responsibilitys besides school and staying out of trouble. When you get out in the real world, it'll get worse.

Some people like to work.

16. Luka Deafening silence

Life is nothing fair
    i hate life and life hates me

17. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

Nope. But hey, that's life. Unfair...

18. P Banned

Definitely not. Children come into this world and die within seconds. Some people are born into a functioning society, others a broken family. Some people are born with functioning bodies, others aren't. Some people have food, others don't. Hell, there are billions of people starving in third world countries. Life is not fair to them, and to suggest it is would be an insult.

Unless of course, fairness was relative. As in "They took it in turns to fetch the contaminated water 20KM away, to drink." while for me is it "They took it in turns to wash and dry the dishes." But we all live on the same Earth, and fairness is not relative.

So I say no. Life is not fair. There is no being evenly weighing out the sugar and medicine. Some children get extra large lumps of sugar, while others miss out and only get the foul tasting medicine.

19. Misty gimme kiss

Haven't you ever read Great Expectations? Of course life isn't fair.

20. Styx That's me inside your head.

So life is only fair when you have little to no responsibility?
    This is an example of indolence if there ever was one.

Of course it's relative, what kind of crap is that?
    Life's fairness is relative as long as there is no such thing as an absolute index for the fairness of life, or as long as there isn't one single person who decides upon what is fair and what not. And according to my sources, neither of those exist.

Judging that life is unfair as long as it's not 100% fair betrays a very unbalanced sense of justice by the way (you'll know whether I'm talking about you or not). I won't bother with details on this, but the gist of it is that many of you sound like a bunch of emo kids right now.

I stick to my point. As I said, life is neither fair nor is it unfair.