Kingdom Hearts 2: Untitled

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Forever Love, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

The only problem I have is when Namine is talking to Sora in the secret place: "... the three of you, specifically you and Kairi." I think that part needed to be explained more, or 'three' should be changed to 'two'.

2. Sumi suicidé

Ooh...This is a good story!

3. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Chapter 12

--------
    Kairi
    --------​

"You did it," Riku said proudly. Kairi threw her arms up in the air in joy, then he smirked at her. "Now, can you do the same with your left?"

Kairi dropped her arms and readied herself for the next move. "You can count on it!" Riku smirked and with a battle cry, whipped himself around. Kairi waited for his attack, but suddenly the wind blew, causing her hair to fly in her face. She desperately tried to pull the strands away.

"Riku, hold--" The girl suddenly felt a sharp sting on her left cheek. Gasping in pain, she was sent flying backward, her feet atleast a foot or two off the sandy floor. Kairi's form flew into the wooden siding off the islet, a board splitting from impact. She slowly slid down the siding, splashing into the water. Kairi tried looking up, but she was completely dazed. She could only make out Riku's blurry form as it ran to her position. Before she knew it, everything started getting darker, until her eye sight was swallowed in darkness.

---

Waves crashed, seagulls called, the wind blew gently; these conditions woke the red-head from her slumber. "Wha-?" she began, only to stop after she looked around. It was midday and people were wandering about the beach, looking for sea shells or fast-pacing to the Sea Shell Shack. Kairi raised her eyebrows. She'd never seen this many people at the beach all at once.

With a new boost of concerned energy, the girl rose to her feet. Dusting herself off, she started for Mr. Texen's shack to see what the commotion was about. She dodged one of the frisbees being thrown by small children, looking around, scared. "What is going on?" she wondered. With only the shack being her main option to visit at the moment, Kairi arrived at the small building, which was surrounded by a huge group of people. She pushed herself up on her tip-toes, trying to catch a glimpse of activity over other residents' shoulders. After a few seconds of no success, Kairi went around the big crowd, but still couldn't see anything.

Now, she was done with this.

Kairi pushed her way through the many people gathered around the small shack, saying "excuse me" reasonably. Upon arriving at the counter, she watched as Mr. Texen hurried about his daily duties, attending to the needy customers. The girl called out to him, "Mr. Texen!? What's going on here!?" The man looked for the voice that called his name, his eyes falling on Kairi.

"Hello, Miss Kairi. No time to talk now. Very busy," he said briefly. Kairi stood in disbelief.

"Mr. Texen, what's all the fuss about?" The man handed a customer their order of food before answering her question.

"The island ran out of foods. Since I hadn't had any customers in a while, everyone rushed over here, knowing I had a lot left over." Kairi shook her head.

"The island ran out of food supplies?! How is that possible?!" Mr. Texen ignored the girl. "Mr. Texen!" The man continued his routines, obviously not hearing her cries. Kairi squeezed out of the crowd, taking in a deep breath as soon as she was free. After exhaling, she rubbed her forehead in confusion. Things were aggravating her. She didn't have a clue about what was going on. Then, just as she was walking back to where she woke up, she caught sight of a familiar boy, making her eyes shine in happiness.

Sora, the same as ever, was walking along the beach near the shoreline. Kairi smiled at him, watching as he walked with his hands in his pockets, alone. She was about to go see him when a girl ran over in a swimsuit top and shorts, stopping her from going any closer. The mysterious girl shoved him lightly into the water, Sora sidestepping from the push and splashing in the water. He splashed at her, smiling and laughing. The girl bent over, putting both hands in the water and throwing them forward as she tried to get him wet, clearly laughing as well. Sora then threw another splash at her, making her tip-toe away quickly. He ran and caught up with the girl, grabbing her from behind and around the stomach, swinging her in a few circles playfully.

Kairi could only watch the scene in shock, wonder and sadness. The duo turned around after giggling again, Kairi finally able to see the mysterious girl's face. As it turned out, the mysterious girl wasn't mysterious after all. Blonde hair, emerald green eyes, bandana; it was Chaylie. Kairi's eyes widened greatly in disbelief. Chaylie smiled at Sora playfully, tightening her ponytail as she did so. Sora blushed slightly and chuckled. He pointed at Chaylie's head after she questioned his laughter, causing her to take down her ponytail and redo it. Once it was up, she playfully hit him in the stomach. The two leaned forward, faces getting closer...

Kairi tried screaming out to them, but nothing would come. She tried and tried again, realizing that she couldn't utter a word any longer. She opened her mouth to scream the boy's name, but only silence followed. The girl was about to pull her hair out in frustration as she made her final attempt at screaming the boy's name, before she felt something cold on her skin. Kairi shivered, but continued her attempt. She could feel her vocals giving in...

---

"SORA!" Kairi lifted her head as the words left her mouth, her eyes shooting open in response. After a few seconds of heavy breathing from her nightmare, she looked to her left, noticing Riku staring at her in shock.

"Are.. you okay?" Riku asked. Kairi smiled slightly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied. Her left hand near her cheek, she winced at the stinging feeling it let off at the lightest touch. Riku offered her a hand, helping her up, before asking her again.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He stared at her in concern, but she only smiled again.

"Riku, I'm fine." As she took a step forward, she whimpered in pain and grabbed her back. Riku ran up beside her, but she only gave him a look of reassurance. "Don't worry. I'll be fine." Kairi smiled and continued, whipping the water from her hands as she waded through the shallow water to get her sword. After picking it up, she turned around and saw Riku waiting for her.

"Lesson Number Eight: Never give in to distractions," he stated. Kairi sighed in response as she joined him. Her cheek was throbbing from the hit, but she knew she could handle the pain for as long as she needed.

--------
    Sora
    --------​

Sora kicked a small rock on the dusty trail he walked along, not sure of his destination. He had his hands in his pockets, one touching Kairi's charm and the other touching her gift. Just as he was getting lost in his thoughts, he heard girls ranting. As they finally came into view, he realized who it was. He slowly turned around, trying to walk away quietly, but Lea, sitting on the bench near the fountain, peeked around Chaylie's form and caught sight of him.

"Hey, Sora," she called out. Sora froze, his right foot in midair. He turned around slowly, forcing a smile across his face as he waved weakly at the trio. Then Chaylie came skipping up to him.

"Hello, Sora," she greeted. He let out a sigh, mixed with a chuckle of desperation to get away from her.

"Erm, hi, Chaylie." Sora tried turning to leave as he said, "Listen, I--I have to go do something."

Chaylie grabbed his arm. "Well, where are you going?"

Sora quickly tried to come up with any excuses, but none would come to mind. "Um...um...," he mumbled. Chaylie only raised an eyebrow in wonder. Sora looked to Lea and Naomi, who did the same. He searched his surroundings for an idea. "I...have to go see Mr. Texen at the Shack, sorry."

Chaylie tugged on his arm as he turned to leave again. "Don't be silly. We'll go with you. We haven't eaten all day." As Chaylie turned to motion the other two to come along, Sora sighed in defeat. This wasn't going to be as easy as he thought.

As the group walked off, Chaylie began chatting with her two friends about what happened earlier that day, about Chaylie's hair getting burned to a crisp. At the mention of the word "sorcery," Sora focused his attention completely.

"Wait a minute," he cut in. The girls stopped and stared at him. He looked from his direct left, Chaylie, and down the line to Naomi and Lea. "You know about sorcery, Lea!?"

The girl only raised her eyebrows. "Yeah, who wouldn't know of it? It's one of the greatest forms of Witchcraft known to man."

"Well, I didn't," he explained. Naomi looked at him strangely.

"What do you mean, 'didn't?'" Sora shot a look of alarm, noticing his mistake. He quickly recovered.

"I--I mean, I still don't," he explained quickly. The girls shook their heads and continued down the path to the beach. Sora sighed through his nose in relief. "That was a close one."

"Too close for comfort," Roxas replied. "Those girls don't know who you are, Sora. You have to keep your cover."

Sora stayed put. "I know, I know! I just blanked for a second."

"Sora!" The boy looked up at the sound of his name, Chaylie waving him over. He walked to catch up with them, almost at Sunset Beach.

"What were you doing back there, Sora?" Naomi asked politely. Sora only shrugged and they continued down the path. The shack's roof was in view, smoke coming from the pipe at the top. Sora sighed just as they hit the sandy beach and began walking up to Mr. Texen, who stood behind the counter.

The man waved. "Sora! Haven't seen you in a while! And, who are your friends?" As the four came up to the counter, Naomi wiggled her fingers in a friendly wave. Chaylie, however, smacked her in the stomach with the back of her hand.

Sora cleared his throat. "Erm, this is Chaylie, Naomi and Lea." The girls waved in turn. "And we--"

"--We haven't eaten all day. Mind if we take a few bites of your food?" Chaylie interrupted. Sora glanced at her before looking back at Mr. Texen.

"Alright, sounds good to me! You want anything, Sora?" Mr. Texen reached under the counter and grabbed a pen and paper.

Sora shook his head. "No thanks, sir."

"Are you sure? Not even a water? It's free," Mr. Texen offered.

Naomi gasped. "Free food?!"

Chaylie rolled her eyes, smacking the girl in the shoulder as she said, "No, the water's free, you idiot."

After the girls' outburts, Sora still shook his head. Mr. Texen turned to the girls. "Alright. What would you girls like?" As the girls ordered, Sora turned around, gazing out at sea. The waves crashed together gently and the sun's beams glistened on the surface. As he scanned the top of the waves, he came across two boats near the shore.

Sora stepped forward a bit, squinting to get a good look at the boats' passengers. He saw silver hair and knew right then and there it was Riku, but then he switched his sight to the boat to Riku's left. The person on board had a feminine figure and red hair. It was obvious who it was and Sora's heart began to beat faster once he saw them hop out of their boats.

Kairi was laughing with Riku as they began to pull their boats through the water, so Sora knew that Riku's humorous side must've had an effect on her. Sora smiled as she laughed, her giggle from the past ringing in his ears. The two dropped the ends of their boats near the dock farther away from the one near Mr. Texen's shack. Both began to walk over Sora's way...

"Sora?" The boy turned to see Chaylie looking at him. "You okay?" He nodded and turned his head as soon as she rotated to talk to Naomi. Kairi and Riku were closer than they were seconds before.

"Sora, what are you waiting for? Go talk to her," Roxas encouraged.

Sora blinked. "Right." The boy attempted to take a step before Chaylie spoke again.

"Sora, why don't you come join us?" She tapped the barstool next to her with her hand. Sora glanced at her, then at Riku and Kairi, and back again. He shared an expression with Mr. Texen and the man nodded in response, sparking up a conversation with Chaylie. Sora turned around, Kairi and Riku now near the path Sora came from a few minutes earlier and he began to jog to them.

Kairi looked forward and saw Sora running over to her. He was a few feet away from them when the girl turned her face toward Riku and Sora saw the left side of her face. He ran a little faster this time to get to them. Kairi shared a look with Riku before turning to her left, putting a hand on the left side of her face and heading up the path as she stared at Sora out of the corner of her eyes.

Sora glanced at Riku and started to run after Kairi, but Riku stuck out his arm. Sora looked at his friend in worry. Riku shook his head. "Right now isn't the best time."

Sora's eyes grew wide. "What happened to her?" Riku only looked down and Sora stared in concern. "Riku!"

Riku responded, "Sora, can you lower your voice a little?"

"Answer me, Riku!" Sora stared at his older friend in worry and waited for a reply.

"I was helping her get ready for the tournament. Remember? You ran out on her when she tried explaining," Riku said, crossing his arms. Sora dropped his jaw.

"Yeah, the day I found you two at the wrong time," Sora said, starting to get angry.

"Like she said, it's not what you think it was. I don't think I should be the one explaining it to you. If you need to ask anyone, maybe you should try talking to Kairi," Riku explained.

"That's not the point! What happened to Kairi?!" Sora cried, worried.

"I was testing her blocking abilities and I hit her in the face," Riku replied bluntly.

"What?!" Sora grabbed Riku by the flap of his vest. "How could you do that, Riku?!" Silver hair drifted in Sora's face as he was pushed away slowly, releasing his grip on Riku's vest.

"Sora, you need to calm down. It was an accident." Riku widened his eyes, eyebrows shooting up. "Do you honestly think I would hurt her on purpose?!"

Sora's eyebrows were down in anger. "I would've thought that you had enough common sense not to even swing at her!" Sora noticed Riku looking behind him. When Sora turned around, Chaylie was walking over to him with Naomi and Lea right behind her.

"Listen, I'm not getting into this with you," Riku stated, Sora facing him. "But I would've thought that you had enough common sense to stay away from her, for Kairi's sake." Riku walked away calmly just as Chaylie and her friends arrived.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chaylie asked.

"I--I have to go," Sora said. He started for the area Riku and Kairi dropped their boats off at, the three girls watching him in wonder. Naomi tilted her head to the side.

"What was that about?" Chaylie shook her head.

"I have no idea."

---------------------
    Roxas/Namine
    ---------------------​

"This is bad, Roxas. Very bad," Namine said, worried. Roxas mentally nodded.

"I know. Sora is just a little worried about Kairi's condition, now that she is hurt, especially by Riku."

Namine replied, "But Riku didn't mean to hurt her. Kairi was distracted."

"Even if she was, Riku still injured her. Maybe he didn't have to aim at her face this early in the game," Roxas explained. Namine's voice echoed as she responded.

"I understand, but don't you think that Sora's overreacting just a little bit?"

"Well, I'd do the same thing if Hayner injured you, even if it was accidental."

Namine smiled inside. "You two really are alike." She could feel Roxas smiling and heard him laugh quietly in shyness, so she continued. "Well, now that Sora feels anger toward Riku, what are we going to do?"

Roxas shook his head. "I'm not exactly sure. We just have to wait it off for a while. Hopefully thing's will clear up in the next two days, when the tournament starts."

"Right," Namine agreed. She could feel Kairi's emotions starting to stir, so she thought it was time to channel back in with her. Roxas followed up on it, and so they transferred their thoughts back to their original selves.

--------
    Kairi
    --------​

Kairi continued down the path she turned onto back at Sunset Beach, wondering whether she should've stayed behind and talked to Sora. Even if she did, Chaylie was still there and that would've made things worse. So, she convinced herself that avoiding conversations with him was the best thing for now, even if they didn't settle things out. Kairi couldn't believe that he was hanging out with Chaylie, after all she's done. Maybe their friendship wasn't really meant to be, if this was what it was coming to.

"Kairi, are you okay," Namine asked.

Kairi sighed,"Yes, I'm fine."

"All right. If you're sure..."

Kairi continued her way down the path, her cheek still throbbing from what happened almost twenty minutes ago. When she brought her hand to it, it sent an unfriendly surge throughout her body, making her cringe. Once she shook the feeling off, she noticed a familiar face up ahead.

"Selphie?" Kairi called out. The figure turned, smiling.

"Kairi!" As Selphie ran over, Kairi covered her cheek so Selphie wouldn't ask questions. "Hey! How are you?"

Kairi nodded. "I'm good. What are you doing?"

Selphie turned her head to look back the way she came. Then she pointed to the small shop. "Just buying some more accessories. You know me, I always have to shop, or atleast browse when there is a store around." Kairi nodded and smiled. "So, where have you been the last few days? I haven't talked to you in a while."

Kairi shrugged. "I've just been a little busy. That's all."

Selphie tilted her head, arching a brow. "Kairi, why are you covering your face like that?"

Kairi's eyes grew a little wide. She shifted, placing her right arm across her stomach so her left elbow could rest on it. This made it seem like she was just leaning her head against her hand. "What are you talking about? There's no specific reason."

Selphie wasn't convinced. She walked a little closer. "Kairi..." She pulled Kairi's hand down, revealing the bruise on her face. Selphie gasped, "What happened?!"

Kairi started to walk off, passing Selphie as she shook her head. "Nothing..." Selphie, however, caught her by the arm and made her stop. With the worried look etched on Selphie's face, there was no way Kairi was going to get away with this one. "Selphie, don't worry. It was just an accident."

"Kairi, I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything, you know that." Selphie stood in front of the red head now, not giving her a chance to get by.

"Listen, I was just playing around at the Island and Riku accidentally hit me with his sword. It's no big deal," Kairi explained. "I think Sora saw it back there and that's just going to make things worse between us."

Selphie nodded. "I understand. And about Sora, I talked to him yesterday." Kairi's eyebrows shot up.

"You did?"

Selphie nodded. "Yes. We talked about what was going on between you two. He was really upset." Kairi lowered her head sadly. "In hopes to cheer him up, I told him about that time when he was gone and you always used to try to remember him through that picture of you two."

Kairi raised her head quickly. "You what?"

Selphie shrugged innocently. "I told him about how you would always try and remember him. Are you mad?" She looked at Kairi with wide eyes.

After thinking it over, Kairi shook her head. "No, I'm not mad."

Selphie exhaled in relief and smiled. "Oh, good. Are things going to clear up between you two soon? I heard this Chaylie girl seems to be getting in the way of everything..."

Kairi stood in silence, not really sure of how to answer the question. Just as Selphie was about to speak, Kairi heard footsteps behind her. She turned around and Selphie peeked around Kairi to see who was coming. The boy was slowly walking to them and when he arrived, he stopped next to Kairi.

"Hello, Riku," Selphie greeted. He nodded and she continued, "I better go. I'll catch up with you guys later, okay?" The spunky girl ran off, the sound of her footsteps fading away. Riku turned to Kairi.

"I'm guessing you guys caught up?" Kairi nodded.

"She asked about the... mark on my face," Kairi said as she looked away shyly. Riku watched her and nodded.

"Mmm. I'm sorry about that," he apologized.

Kairi smiled weakly at him. "Did... Sora see it?" When Riku nodded, she lowered her head. "I was hoping he wouldn't. I knew this would cause more trouble." She looked back up at Riku. "Thanks... for letting me know to go on ahead. I wasn't exactly sure if talking to Sora was the best right now."

Riku nodded again. "It's no big deal." They both began walking down the path. "Do you want to go home or do you want to go into town?"

Kairi brought her hand up and cupped her cheek. After thinking about it, she answered, "I'm not going to let what just happened ruin the whole day ahead of me." With a small smile on her face, she turned down the path that led into town, Riku following her.

--------

To be quite honest, I was hesitating to post this one. Something just didn't feel right...Like something was missing. Since I'm not sure of what it is and couldn't find it if I tried...I decided to update. I would say this is one of my better chapters (atleast in my own point of view), but I'll let you decide. End of every month means an update and you got it. Still...something's missing...:huh: Crap. If something doesn't seem right, let me know. Comment and critique...but be specific, please. I'll get started on Chapter 13 after a few more hours of sleep. *yawn* Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.

-Kairi

...OMG. I have over 3000 words. :blink:

4. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Great update, Princess. Detailed and kept me interested throughout the entire chapter. Best combination that you can get in fiction.

I think what you were missing was did Roxas merge back with Sora? We heard Namine talk to Kairi, but what did Roxas say (if anything)? Either that or Chaylie seems to be slightly more...complacent this tiime around. I'd have thought she'd have seen Kairi when Sora ran up to Riku. Of course, this is just what I think. Oh well, looking forward to next month's chapter. :)

5. Sora/Roxas Light/Dark Merlin's Housekeeper

this rules

there are many fanfics i like (mainly by DF :) ) but i think you are right up there near the top with a couple of others and may i just say i will recommed all my favourite fanfic authors to my friends

please dont evr stop writing where ever it may be here books anywhere you have a gift and i love your fanfic

i wish i could give you some rep but apperently i have given you some recently (i dont remeber)

6. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Thanks, DF.

Yeah, Roxas did merge back with Sora. Actually, they were merged the whole entire time. Just communicating with Namine mentally, hence why her voice echoed and such when the two were speaking. I guess I need to work on that. You'll hear the discussion between Sora and Roxas next chapter. :D Oh, well I think by now that you'd know how Chaylie is, especially around Sora; she acts content and like nothing's wrong, making her seem more innocent. Like in a previous chapter, she's basically putting on a show...trying to make it seem like she's good. And she didn't exactly see Kairi. She only saw Sora talking to Riku, since Mr. Texen kept her occupied for that time. And I'm sure you're well aware that she didn't hear any of Sora's conversation with Riku, considering she walked up at the very end of it all, Riku walking away to join Kairi. I know it's a lot of confusion, and I try to make it as clear as possible. I'll try harder next time.

Thanks. And I don't plan to anytime soon. I have one or two other stories up my sleeve, so I don't exactly plan to give up. I appreciate the encouragement.

-Kairi

7. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Very good. I like the way you portrayed Sora during his talk about sorcery. That matched his character perfectly. The only complaint I have is your description of the dream Kairi was having. Some of the details threw me off a little bit, but other than that, great as always. Keep it up, Kairi!

8. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

Good job. About that something-doesn't-feel-right feeling? It's probably just because you felt worried whether your work is going on the right course.

Keep it up!

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

This story is amazing 0_0. I just read it all at once. Please post more! You're a great writer.

10. SlippingStar Merlin's Housekeeper

very nice... can i bite off Chaylie's head now? I want them to get back together! D8 It's KILLING ME!!!!!

11. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

man ive spent all day reading this. your awesome so keep it up :stupid:

12. Juicy Chaser

wow this is an awesome story, ive spent most of my day reading it as i was so immersed in the storyline

I keep worrying that your going to make Riku and Kairi get together.. and that would break poor Soras heart :(
    man i just want to kill stupid whats-her-face erm chaylie right now! Grrrr maybe i have anger problems .. *looks back and forth to see if anybodys looking*

yeah keep it up kairi2011.. this story is awesome nd i will be looking out for any other fanfics you may write/have written

:)

13. Forever Love Life Without Limits

OMG. Trust me, Riku and Kairi are NOT getting together. I'm a total Sora/Kairi fangirl here.

Anyway, on to the update.

----

Chapter 13
    --------
    Sora
    --------​

As Sora came closer to Riku and Kairi's boats, he sighed. With all that was going on, he couldn't keep himself together sometimes. Chaylie constantly ending up wherever he was all the time didn't help much either. Then the tournament was tomorrow and, even though he didn't have any doubt he would win a round, he was still worried about Kairi. She had just been starting out and she gets hit by Riku, who has so much experience when she has so little. ​

Riku. Sora sighed through his nose heavily at just the thought of him. True, he was helping Kairi get used to defending herself, not that Sora didn't mind defending her himself, but he didn't have to be so hard on her. The thought of Kairi getting hit by Riku's sword sent chills up Sora's spine, causing him to cringe and his anger to rise for Riku for doing such a thing.​

Sora continued along the white sand, a few feet away from his friend's boats. "How could he be so careless?" Sora stared at the two boats as he walked by them. He jumped up onto the deck and sat down, feet dangling over the side.​

"I don't know if I'd call it careless," Roxas replied as he appeared next to Sora, staring out at the ocean and island ahead.​

Sora turned to him, jumping a bit from his sudden appearance. "Then what would you call it?"​

Roxas looked at him and said, "An accident." Sora looked at Roxas for a moment and then turned his head. He shoved his hands in his pockets as he sat there, staring at his feet as he swung them back and forth over the edge. "If Hayner hurt Namine I'd be mad too. But I'd have to realize that he didn't mean or want to hurt her. You have to realize that with Riku too."​

Sora sighed, frustrated. "I do realize that!"​

"Then what's the problem?"​

Sora looked at Roxas sadly. "The fact that she got hurt."​

Roxas asked, "Who? Kairi?" Sora nodded and he continued, "Listen, you can't be there to protect her forever. As much as I know that this hurts you, just as it hurts me with Namine, you can't keep babying her forever, or else she'll never be able to take care of herself."​

Sora gazed out at the island. "I know. I just want her to know that I'll always be there for her, but I wasn't this time and look what happened."​

"You can't blame yourself for that," Roxas said. "She has to learn to take care of herself. Even you know that."​

Sora nodded. "So, where do I go from here?"​

Roxas shrugged as he turned to look at the ocean. "Not sure. The tournament starts tomorrow, so maybe you should prepare yourself."​

Sora nodded and stood up. Roxas and Sora united, Sora jumping off the deck and beginning to walk back home.​

------------
    Chaylie
    ------------​

After Sora walked off without an explanation, Chaylie, Naomi and Lea went back to Chaylie's home. They sat around her living room, Chaylie and Naomi sitting on the sofa as Lea sat curled up in the chair. ​

"I'm so glad I finally got away from that man. He just wouldn't pipe down!" Chaylie whined.​

Naomi smiled and rubbed her stomach. "The food was good, though." Chaylie gave her a dirty look as Lea spoke up.​

"I'm just curious about all that yelling. Sora seemed upset and Riku just seemed like he didn't care."​

"I heard Kairi's name in there somewhere, but I didn't hear anything other than that because Mr. Texen was talking to Chaylie," Naomi explained.​

"Man. We could've gotten some good scoop if it weren't for that old man," Chaylie said angrily.​

The other two shrugged, Lea replying, "Well there's not much we can do about it now. I suppose you have another plan?" She arched a brow.​

Chaylie chuckled evily. "Obviously you forgot about that photo."​

Lea shook her head. "No. I didn't. I still don't think you should go through with the blackmailing scheme though. But, hey, I know nothing."​

"Aw, cut the crap, Lea."​

Lea glared at Chaylie. ""Cut the crap"? What's crap is this stupid, immature plan you have to humiliate Kairi. In case you haven't noticed, she's not budging."​

"I'll make her budge any time I want her to," Chaylie responded.​

"Oh really?" asked Lea, crossing her arms as she arched a brow.​

"YES, really."​

"Don't strain yourself, slick."​

Chaylie stood up. "That's it! You want a piece of this?!"​

"That depends," Lea started. "Would you like that pretty blonde hair of yours to be burned to a crisp again, sweetheart?!"​

"Oh, you little-"​

"Stop it!"​

Both girls froze. Chaylie rotated to stare at the sudden outburst that came from the small girl as Lea peeked around the blonde. Naomi sat there, staring at the floor. She had her hands together in her lap and her blue pigtails dangling by her face. ​

"Excuse me?" Chaylie asked.​

"I said "stop it"," the small girl muttered. She looked up at the two, her face now visible. Shyness as well as discomfort was etched on her face. "You guys are always fighting and I don't like it. So, please...stop."​

Lea straightened up. "Naomi..."​

"Ah, who cares! I'll do as I please," Chaylie replied.​

"Chaylie! You're ridiculous!" Lea screamed.​

"Whatever."​

"No, not "whatever"! You are so inconsiderate and self-centered! Haven't you ever thought of anyone else besides yourself?" Lea stared at her friend in disbelief.​

"Well, I'm thinking of how humiliated Kairi will feel once I show her that photo and crush her in the tournament. Does that count?" ​

"Not even close, Chaylie." Lea crossed her arms. "You're unbelievable, you know that?"​

"Like I care! How about you just shut your trap, Lea? I liked it better when you said less."​

Lea stood inches from Chaylie's face. "Well, you looked like the witch you are when your hair was frizzed. Shall I do the honors?" She held her fingers a few inches apart from eachother, electricity flowing between each tip.​

"You see?! This is what I was talking about!" Naomi screamed as she jumped up from the couch and quickly walked out of the room.​

"Naomi," Lea called after her, but the only response she received was the front door slamming. She turned back to Chaylie, who had her arms crossed. "Looks like you're not going to be acting out that "photo" plan after all." Lea turned and stormed out of the house, leaving Chaylie standing in the middle of her empty living room.​

--------
    Kairi
    --------​

Kairi walked into the town square, leaving her worries behind for the time being. Riku was there too, walking right beside her. Kairi smiled weakly at him as they talked about other things, including the tournament the next day. They continued on, beginning to pass the huge water fountain, which was occupied by a few kids jumping around in the water. Kairi dodged a splash of water that came toward her, laughing at the close call.​

"The square's busy today," she said. She waved to a few friends she hadn't seen since school and kept walking. It's not that she wanted to avoid them, but that she wanted to get to the clothing sales that were ending soon. With all the fuss going on, Kairi knew that she was probably going to miss out on some stuff.​

She continued to walk forward before Riku spoke up. "People you know?" Kairi stopped and turned to him. She looked back at her friends she waved to and back at him.​

"Who? Them?" she asked, pointing over her shoulder with her thumb. The boy nodded. "Oh, those are just a few friends I talk to at school. You'll probably see them around next fall. You have to go back some time or later."​

Riku sighed, "Man."​

"What?"​

He brought his fingertips to his forehead and closed his eyes. "Just the thought of school...It gives me a headache."​

Kairi giggled and went on ahead, Riku soon following behind. She stopped in front of her favorite store, where she and Selphie always went shopping. Kairi gazed at the manakins in the store window, wearing the newest designs. The red-head was about to go in, before she saw how backed up the line was from the huge sale. She sagged her shoulders in sadness.​

"Something up?" Riku asked. She stood up straight and nodded.​

"The line's all backed up." Kairi pointed at the swerving line and said, "See?"​

"Oh...wow," Riku said as he stared inside the store in disbelief. "Let's...try another store."​

The two walked down the path and they had to dodge incoming crowds. People were giving Kairi weird looks and she knew it was because of the big bruise on the side of her face. She gently covered the mark with her left hand and looked down to avoid the expressions etched on people's faces. Then she heard someone calling her name. She looked up to see Selphie running toward them again.​

"Kairi....Kairi," the girl tried to say. She breathed heavily from her run to catch up with them. When she finally caught her breath, Selphie said, "I saw you from the other side of the square and tried to catch up with you two forever!"​

"Sorry," Kairi replied, "we were just trying to keep out of other people's way."​

"It's okay. Anyway, I just wanted to see if you wanted to check out a few sales with me, " she explained and then looked up at Riku, "but I see you're with Riku, so..."​

"No, you guys can go," Riku insisted.​

"What?" Kairi asked. "Are you sure?"​

"Yeah, it's fine."​

Kairi arched a brow. "But what are you going to do?"​

"Um, I'll find something. Hey, Selphie?" Riku began to ask.​

"Hm?"​

"Are Tidus and Wakka around here somewhere?"​

Selphie bit her lip in thought. "Um, they might be over on Sunset Beach. That's where I left them before I came here. When I left, Tidus started talking about how "girly" these sales were. Immature jerk."​

"Okay, I'll go find them. See you guys later," Riku said before heading off.​

Selphie turned as the boy passed her and then turned to Kairi. "Okay, where to first?"​

Kairi shook her head. "I don't know. You lead."​

Selphie nodded and a few minutes later they arrived at yet another clothing store with a sale. The two walked in, Kairi noticing this store was less crowded than the other. The two girls browsed and Kairi eventually found something.​

"I'm gonna go try this on," she said before heading off into the dressing room. A few minutes later, she called out to Selphie. "Hey, Selphie?"​

The spunky teen ran over. "Yeah?"​

"Do you...happen to have a potion on you right now?"​

"Um," she murmered, digging through her purse. A few seconds later, she lifted a small bottle out of her bag and handed it over the top of the dressing room stall's door. "You're lucky. That was given to me today by Wakka, in case Tidus decided to pull something stupid."​

Kairi took the cold bottle in her hand and opened the cap. She poured a little down her back, where her cut was. It was bleeding badly and she was surprised it didn't show through her outfit. She watched as the cut began to disappear, new skin taking its place in seconds. After seeing the improvement, she poured some in her hand and rubbed it on her face. The same happened there, the bruise disappearing before her eyes.​

She put the cap back on it and held it out over the door. "Here. I didn't use all of it, so there's some left."​

"Okay." Selphie took the bottle from Kairi's hands and put it back in her purse. "How's it going in there?"​

Kairi sighed. "Not so good. It doesn't fit."​

"Okay, well...what do you want to do when we're done here?"​

"I don't know. I still have to prepare myself for that tournament tomorrow."​

Selphie's eyes widened as she gasped. "You're in the tournament?!"​

Kairi came out of the stall, shirt in hand. "Yeah."​

As Kairi took the shirt back to hang it up, Selphie followed close behind. "Do you know how tough that's going to be? Wakka and Tidus are in there and everything!"​

"Okay..." Kairi arched a brow as she began to head for the entrance.​

"Kairi, the competition's going to be really difficult this year. You're not scared at all?" Selphie asked, seeming a little afraid herself.​

"I...I've never really thought about it," Kairi said uncomfortably. She pushed open the door and walked outside, Selphie right on her footsteps. Kairi looked around quickly, noticing that the crowds have lessened. "Um...I think I'm gonna head home. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"​

"Okay. Get some rest!" Selphie waved and went off in the other direction as Kairi went home.​

--------
    Sora
    --------​

"So, Sora....How are things going with ya?"​

Sora shook his head, spikes bouncing a bit. "Not so good, Wakka." He shoved his hands in his pockets, feeling his recently created charm of his own for Kairi.​

Wakka held his blitzball to his side. "That's too bad, man."​

"Yeah..."​

Tidus ran over, a confused look on his face. "Wakka, why aren't you passing the ba--Oh! Hi, Sora!" Sora waved weakly and smiled slightly, which made Tidus' mind wander. "Oh, c'mon! What's the matter?" he asked, throwing a hand on Sora's shoulder, shaking the boy.​

"It's nothing."​

"You seriously think I'm gonna fall for that?" Tidus asked, fists on his hips and a smirk on his face.​

"Tidus, let it be. If he doesn't want to tell us, he doesn't have to." Wakka shifted the blitzball to his other side.​

"Aw, c'mon!"​

"Hey, do you guys know who's in that tournament tomorrow?" Sora asked suddenly.​

"What, the DITS Tournament?" Tidus asked.​

Sora arched a brow. "Um...sure?"​

"Destiny Islands Teen Sparring Tournament. Also known as the DITS Tournament," Tidus explained.​

Wakka chuckled. "Only to Tidus, ya?"​

"Wakka!"​

"What?"​

Sora shook his head. "Anyway, who's entering?"​

Wakka looked up in thought. "Hm... We're entering. I heard almost every teenager is."​

"Specifically, I mean."​

Tidus shook his head. "I'm not sure. We just signed up and left."​

Wakka snapped his fingers. "That Chaylie girl and her friends are entering."​

"Seriously?!" Tidus asked, eyes wide. "Man, Naomi, you know...the chick with the blue hair, is hot!" Wakka slapped him upside the head. "Hey!"​

"That wasn't really needed, man."​

"Hey, she is!"​

Sora started to walk away. "All right, that's all I needed. Thanks, guys. See you tomorrow."​

"Rest up, man! You're gonna need it!" Tidus hollered.​

"Not so much for Tidus. He'll get beat by a girl!"​

"Wakka!"​

Sora shook his head as the two continued to bicker behind him. Right now, he just needed to get home and prepare himself for the events that would unfold tomorrow.

----

Chaylie's friends have bailed on her, Kairi still needs to prepare for the tournament the next day (still not knowing that Sora has entered), and Sora now knows that his competition is also Tidus and Wakka, along with Kairi, Chaylie and her friends. The tournament is the next day. What events will unfold for the teenagers? Will Kairi be able to handle herself? Will Chaylie go through with the plan? Will Sora have to battle the person he loves the most? Find out on the next chapter!

Until next time!

-Kairi

14. Juicy Chaser

wow this is another really good installment!
    i feel like ive stumbled on a treasure trove and i keep coming back to this page to see if theres anything new!

and youve given me inspiration to start my own fanfic, i posted it last night nd i need to know what people think, especially a fellow writer like yourself, kairi2011. I dont think im meant to be allowed to do this, but here is a link to my fanfic...
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=51672
    please look at it and comment! Thanks :)

once again well done on this story kairi, but I just want Sora and Kairi to be back together already! And im anticipating what will happen in the DITS (LOL).....

15. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Yay, you finally posted a new chapter! =). Great job, as usual. I like the way that you portray Selphie, from what is seen of her in KH, that sounds like a personality she could have.

I can't wait for the next chapter!

16. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

Oh my god. Sora versus Kairi in the end! :p I wonder how Sora will react?

17. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

this is a great story.
    i wanna see kairi hit Chaylie back where she came from.

keep up the good work kairi2011 :noworries:

18. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Bumbumbuuuuuuum!

Good update so far. Haven't found any mistakes worth mentioning, and the story's really starting to pick up. Don't make us wait long for the next update!

19. W7F King's Apprentice

Wow, you did a great job. You've even managed to keep your deadline consistent. Your grammatical choices are noticeably better with each and every update, and you've stuck with each character's personality throughout the entire story. I think you deserve that "one of the best kh fic writers around" title I've heard about. XD Keep on keeping on. See this whole thing through, I know I want to.

20. Juicy Chaser

C'mon, were all dying for the next update already! ;)

:)

no pressure but... I need this fanfic *puppy dog eyes*