Kingdom Hearts: A Different World (Moved!)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Maka Albarn, May 16, 2008.

1. ProsperMoon Moogle Assistant

Keep going! I want to know what happens next!! Im also thinking of puting my own fanfic on here, but Im not shure if I want to yet, since I want to edit it later on in life and publish the main story without the KH stuff. Anyway, good Gob! I like!

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

Alright guys... I know you've been waiting for about two months now for the next chapter, but it seems like my writing it a little off. The chapter doesn't come out right, or I run into another writer's block over and over again. So... it's going to be a little while longer before the next chapter is going to be posted. Sorry.... I'm kind of running low on confidence in myself right now and there's other issues that keep popping up and won't leave me alone. Expect a few more weeks before the next chapter is posted. Thank you to my readers for sticking with the story. Your feedback is much appreciated.

I'm really sorry.

FH

3. Death_Of_Saint_Micheal Merlin's Housekeeper

I just finished reading it all. A couple letters for you:
    O.
    M.
    G.
    Seriously, good job. It inspires me to make my own...*sparkleeye*
    But I won't, 'cause it'll suck.
    SO THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO FINISH! YOU NEED CONFIDENCE! *Showers confidence confetti upon you*

4. Wizzim Moogle Assistant

From a person, somewhere, sometime, some how!

Hey! great story good so far!:rockdover:

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Author's note: O...M...Gosh... After much nights of staying of late, pulling out a few strands of hair (yes, now FH is mostly bald! jk!), banging my head on the keyboard every five minutes, and after breaking down several writer's blocks with a sludge hammer for the last few months... the chapter... is... finally... COMPLETED! XD I want to thank all of you for the support you showed me and for building my confidence back up again! :D Thank you so much again guys! Seriously! You probably don't know how much this really means to me. Well! Enough yaking from FH, here it is! Chapter EIGHT!

Chapter Eight

The sun shone through the window of Tyler’s apartment. Pigeons sat outside on the power lines and cooed to one another. It seemed like they were asking each other how they were doing and what pigeons usually talked amongst themselves. The azure sky was clear with no clouds in sight. It was predicted to be a beautiful day indeed.

The small group of friends sat around Tyler’s kitchen table. All Tyler had to eat for breakfast was instant oatmeal, cold cereal with milk, toast, or left over pizza from the day before. Donald and Goofy chose to eat something called Lucky Charms while Kairi and Riku settled for instant oatmeal and toast. Tyler chose the usual and was warming up a piece of supreme pizza in the microwave. Meanwhile, he turned on the radio and tuned to the easy listening channel to make the morning a little happier.

Donald was complaining of how Goofy was snoring so loud, that he couldn’t sleep at all last night. The dark circles under his eyes proved it too. Goofy was trying to apologize to Donald, but he kept brushing the goof off. Riku chuckled as he listened to the conversation, and then he looked over at Kairi.

Kairi was staring down at her breakfast. She only took a few small bites and nothing more. She didn’t say one single word all morning. Riku was a little concerned.

“Kairi?” he asked gently.

Kairi was brought out of thoughts and looked up at Riku. “Yeah?”

His green eyes scanned Kairi’s face for a second. She seemed bothered by something. “Is everything okay?”

Kairi forced a smile. She didn’t want him to worry. “What do you mean by that?”

Riku thought over his question again and tried a different approach. “You’re not very talkative this morning. Is something wrong?”

Kairi looked down at the bare table top. You can never hide your true feelings from Riku, it was totally impossible. Kairi was going to tell him about what she saw last night, but it seemed so stupid. She knew that Riku and Sora destroyed the Organization a long time ago. How could they still be around?

Riku waited patiently for Kairi to reply while Donald and Goofy talked and chatted with each other silently.

Kairi finally sighed out and looked up at her best friend. “Well… last night I thought I saw something…” Kairi then explained how she thought somebody was standing there, but when she looked hard enough, nothing was there. “I think my eyes were just playing tricks on me…”
    Riku was in deep thought. There was no way they could’ve survived. None. So exactly what did Kairi see last night?

Suddenly the easy music blipped to news theme tune, a female voice spoke on the radio saying something like an emergency announcement.

Tyler reached over and cranked up the volume of the radio. Everybody suddenly became absolutely quiet. Everybody’s attention was focused on the radio announcement.

“This is an emergency announcement to the public. Strange unknown creatures are attacking people on the streets even as we speak. Find the closet building, lock all windows and doors and stay inside until told to leave. More info will be given out shortly.”

Kairi and Riku looked at each other.

“Quack! What strange creatures are they talking about?” Donald said quizzing.

“Hm…” Goofy starched his head trying to figure out what the lady on the radio was talking about.

Faint cries of terror drifted through Tyler’s apartment window from the street below.

Everybody stood up and ran to the closest window. Kairi gasped when she saw what was causing the commotion.

“Heartless…” Riku said with an edge of revulsion on his voice.

“What are heartless doing here?!” Donald quacked.

“Uh, the only time heartless usually appear is if one of them keyholes was around here somewhere,” Goofy said thoughtfully.

Kairi glanced over at Riku. “Does that mean…?”

“We’ll just have to find out,” he said looking at Kairi.

Tyler watched the heartless running after different people on the street. “You guys can handle this. I’ll stay here.”

Kairi nodded her head.

Tyler took out something from his pocket. “Here Riku, catch.” He tossed the small object to the silver haired.

Riku caught it and turned the miniature item over. It was a cell phone.

Tyler smiled a little. “Call me when you guys are done. I’ll come find you afterwards.”

Riku put the cell phone in his pocket. “Got it.” He turned to the other three. “So, are you guys ready to fight some heartless?”

“You bet I am!” Donald said bringing his staff out. Goofy bobbled his head in agreement and his shield appeared in his hand.

Riku smiled and looked over at Kairi. “Kairi?”

The keyblade Riku had given her months ago summoned in her hand. She looked down at it. “Yes,” she said quietly.

Riku grinned. “Alright then.” His own keyblade appeared in his hands. “Let’s get started.” He turned and ran to the stairs that led to the pizza parlor. The threesomes turned and followed Riku and everybody was out of the door.

Tyler chuckled to himself and then looked back outside. “Good luck…” he said quietly.

Yashu’s small car drove down the small streets of San Francisco. They finally made it to the city. At last…. No more hours of sitting and waiting to get there.

On the way, Sora explained all he could about the heartless and extra things that pertained to Keiko’s duty as keyblade master. Keiko felt weighed down with these new explanations. How was she supposed to remember all of this? She sighed out slowly after Sora had finally finished. Sora glimpsed at her, sensing her thoughts.

“I know it’s a lot to remember, but you’ll get the hang of it,” he said encouragingly.

Keiko grinned. “Thanks…” She still wasn’t all too sure about this yet, but she decided she was just going to try her best.

Yashu was secretly listening to the conversation the whole time. He felt a tad jealous of his sister. She had this awesome weapon and had to fight things called heartless…. It wasn’t fair! Keiko was about to live Yashu’s dream to be a hero, protector of the innocent and guardian of all good. It was almost like Keiko was suddenly in a video game.

Yashu slowly pulled out of his thoughts and looked back to the road. He immediately slammed on the breaks. The car tires slid on the pavement, and then jerked to a halt.

Keiko and Sora looked up through the front window.

“What is it now?” Keiko thought in her mind.

People of all shapes and sizes were running past Yashu’s car screaming and frantically trying to make an escape. Sora sat up a little more to get a better view. One look at the problem and Sora growled quietly.

“It’s the heartless alright,” he said annoyingly. He unbuckled his seat belt quickly and then looked at Keiko. “You ready?”

Keiko was shocked. She just barely learned about these things and now she had to suddenly get out there and fight them?! Sora was waiting a little impatiently for her answer and tapped his fingers anxiously on his lap. Keiko looked at all the fleeing people. They needed someone to help them.

Keiko sighed out. “Yeah….” She quickly unbuckled her seat belt and opened her car door. Sora did the same.

Yashu quickly glanced at Keiko. “Hey sis! Do you have your cell phone with you?”

Keiko checked her pant pocket to make sure. “Yep!”

Yashu smiled. “Call me when you’re done, okay?”

Keiko shut the door to the car and gave him the thumbs up sign while winking. She then turned her attention to the oncoming heartless. Deep, deep down, she knew that she wasn’t ready for this.

A sparkle of light shined brightly in her right hand as her keyblade was summoned. She held the handle tightly and gulped. Her confidence was pretty low at the moment.

Sora shut his own door and looked over at Keiko. “Let’s go. I’ll help you know how to fight the heartless,” he said with a smile. Keiko nodded and then ran after Sora, not knowing what was going to happen.

Yashu watched from the car. He felt a sudden swell pride for his sister. She was a determined girl, and Yashu knew it. She was going to do just fine.

“Have fun, sis.” He set the car in reverse and drove away from the scene.

“FIRE!” Flame balls exploded out of Donald’s wand, destroying the heartless around him. Goofy twirled his shield around his hand a few times, and then launched it toward another group of the annoying creatures. It spiraled into a row of heartless, and then coiled back to Goofy’s waiting hand. Instantly, the heartless disappeared into a poof of smoke.

Kairi was making hesitant swings with her keyblade. Some swings would be off and others would hit straight on. She missed the heartless she was locked onto and gripped her keyblade tighter in willpower. This was a little harder then the last time she fought the heartless. She clenched her jaw and then tried again to attack the jumping heartless.

Riku just finished the last of his combo attack and sliced his keyblade through a cluster of heartless. He landed into a low crouching position, his keyblade outstretched behind him. The heartless stood there frozen for a few seconds, and then burst into a cloud of disintegrating darkness. Riku looked over at Kairi and watched her as she brawled.

She seems to be getting the hang of it,” he thought.

Kairi finally got better then the heartless she was fighting. She got a firm strike on it and finished it. She stood up and looked over to Riku’s direction.

Riku gave Kairi a grin. “Good job Kairi.” He turned and started to swing at the heartless that were attempting to pull a sneak attack on him.

Kairi smiled a little, feeling her self-esteem build up. She turned and started to battle the heartless as well.

Donald was about to cast another spell on the heartless. He took in a deep breath, “Bliz-”

Out of the blue, the heartless vanished into thin air. Donald looked around in bewilderment.

“Huh? Where’d they go?”

Riku and Kairi glanced up as well.

“I don’t like this…” Riku said, standing by Kairi just in case something unexpected happened.

Kairi looked around with wide eyes. Something was different about this, she knew it.

The sound of squealing car tires, and horns beeping met the small team’s ears. It was coming from a different route, but it wasn’t too far away. Riku turned in that direction.

“Come on! Let’s go check it out.” He then broke out into a run down the avenue. Everybody else followed suite.

Keiko swung her keyblade at her third heartless. She missed… again.

“Ah! Come on! Can I just have one solid hit please?!” She moved her keyblade to and fro again and again at the heartless. Keiko could have sworn that the heartless flashed a grin before skipping out of the way. She was not a happy person right now.

Sora was beating and slapping his heartless with ease. Years of training and practice really paid off. He turned to see how Keiko was doing.

“DIE ALREADY STUPID ANT-LOOKING-CUTE-THING!” Keiko finally got a solid hit on its chest. The heartless flew back from the force of the keyblade and smacked into the brick… hard. But it didn’t disappear just yet.

Keiko felt great. She discovered that this was the best way she ever relieved her frustrations and stress.

“MUWHAHAHA! NOW YOU SHALL DIE!” She bought her keyblade up and slammed the end of it onto the shadow heartless. It poofed into a cloud of dark smoke.

“Yes! Yes! I DID IT! I RULE! Boo ya!” Keiko smiled to herself and laid her keyblade on her shoulder. Then she felt a pair of eyes staring at her. She turned to her head gradually.

Sora was standing there, gawking at her. Keiko never acted like that in front of him before. “Uh…”

Keiko gave a nervous laugh. “Sorry…” Then mumbled, “Must’ve gotten carried away.”

“Probably!” Sora said.

Keiko was a little embarrassed for her explosion behavior and rubbed the back of her head timidly with her free hand. She didn’t notice the heartless creeping up behind her.

Sora saw this and shouted out, “Keiko! Behind you!”

Keiko spun around; just in time to block the heartless’s attack by luck. The heartless jumped back and attempted to assault her again.

Sora came over and speedily finished it off. He looked up at Keiko. “Remember to keep your guard up.”

Keiko groaned out frustratingly. This was a lot harder then she thought. There was so much to learn in so little time. She felt like a kid swinging a stick at everything that moved.

Suddenly, the heartless vanished from sight. They two keyblade masters were left alone in the empty streets.

Keiko stayed in her spot, looking around in confusion. “Was that supposed to happen, Sora?”

Sora lowered his keyblade and scanned the area. What was going on? He was perplexed at the moment and couldn’t answer Keiko right away. The silence wrapped around the two keyblade bearers like a thin blanket.

Keiko then heard a noise from a different direction and twisted her head. She then looked at Sora.

“I heard it too…” he said quietly. He kept his keyblade in hand and ran toward the clamor.

Keiko sighed and started to run after him, but then was suddenly stopped. A splitting head ache suddenly rippled through her head like a tremor. She staggered and stopped in place.

"That was really weird… "She brought a hand up to her head and touched it gingerly with her finger tips. Her head was starting to pound. It was like her mind was trying to force her to remember something, to touch and connect to an unseen force. She shook her head once, and then the sensation was suddenly gone. Keiko slowly lowered her hand from her head.

"That was so creepy"… Keiko’s head snapped up. She saw Sora almost disappearing from sight. “Gah…” She clutched her keyblade and dashed after Sora as fast as she could.

Riku slammed his keyblade down onto a heartless. It was defeated, but there were tons and tons more to go. He felt the cut in his shoulder acting up and winced. He didn’t know how long he was going to hold out like this.

They were on a bridge, over this vast bay. This bridge was also known as The Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of the usual cars, buses, trucks, and occasional bikes, the bridge was crawling with heartless of all different types. It was like they were seeking something… something precious and dear. It was a frantic frenzy. When the tiny team thought they got rid of a whole group of heartless, more would appear in their place.

Donald was about exhausted from casting various spells on the heartless. Goofy was almost at his limits too. They both fell on the ground at the same time, backs toward each other.

Riku looked over briefly at the two of them and saw this. This was getting bad. And it looked like there was going to be no end to this anytime soon. He was almost out of positions too.

Kairi stepped back and stood beside Riku, panting and barely holding onto her keyblade. It felt heavy in her hands.

“What are we going to do Riku?” she asked in between pants.

Riku stood there beside her, looking at the heartless that were surrounding them. They needed help, and fast. He rose up his keyblade and thwacked an oncoming heartless to the side. He grimaced afterwards and looked at his shoulder.

Kairi looked over to him. Maybe she should have healed his shoulder when they had the chance. She glanced back at the swarm of heartless. A silent prayer was said in her heart that some miracle would happen soon.

“Don’t give up guys!” a voice called out from the distance.

Kairi felt her heart leap in her throat and turned around. No… it couldn’t be? Was it really him? Or was it someone else that sounded like him?

Riku also recognized the voice and turned around to see a flash of spiky brown hair.

Sora was striking heartless left and right, clearing a path for Keiko to run through behind him. He and Keiko were almost there.

Donald and Goofy both perked up at the same time. Huge grins spread across their faces.

“Sora!” they both cheered at the same time. They felt like they could continue with the fight now without any problems. They both stood up and began attacking the heartless again, this time with a little more vigor and effort.

Kairi was smiling big. Sora was okay, he was here! She battered a heartless away from her. Things were going to take a better turn now.

Riku was also smiling and stepped by Sora when he finally reached them. “Finally you showed up.”

Sora laughed a little. “Sorry, I had to take care of some other things first.”

Kairi continued to fight her small group of heartless. She would say hi to Sora after the fight. Heartless first, introductions and greetings later. She didn’t want a heartless to glomp them while giving Sora a hug. That would just ruin the magic of the moment.

Keiko was already on it. She wanted to prove that she could catch up to Sora’s keyblade skills rather quickly. And she was slowly getting the hang of it too. She was destroying heartless, nonstop.

Riku was back to skirmishing the heartless. He then noticed Keiko at the corner of his eye. “So, who is she Sora?”

Sora shot a fire ball at a heartless and talked over the racket. “She’s a keyblade master too. I’ll tell you more after the fight.”

Riku nodded his head and began to unleash a combo assault on the heartless in front of him. This fight was going to be a whole lot easier now that Sora was here.

Keiko was having her own share of “fun”. Without realizing it, the heartless were leisurely pushing her farther and farther away from the rest of the group. It seemed they were doing this on purpose.

Keiko struggled to keep them off of her. They were teaming up and roughly moving her back more and more. She quickly looked up and realized that she couldn’t see Sora anymore. This was bad! There was no way she could fend all of these off by herself. She took in a huge breath of air.

“Sor-” she was cut off as she was hit in the stomach. That did not feel good at all. She felt herself fly off the ground from the force of the attack. She suddenly saw yellow and red stars as the back of her head connected with something very hard. Her keyblade dropped on the ground below her as she slid down on one of the two large supporters on the bridge. Her head was spinning and throbbing in antagonizing pain. But as much as she wished it, she didn’t black out.

Ow… now I know how that one heartless felt…”

Her head finally managed to look up at the one who attacked her so boldly. Even though her eyes were seeing double, she could make out the armor and the really long sword that was dangling to one side of the heartless.

When her eyes at last refocused, she gasped and quickly rolled out of the way. The large sword from the heartless embedded in the metal panel where Keiko was at moments before. It was now stuck in the dented metal.

The heartless, realizing its predicament, desperately pulled and tugged as hard as he could away from the panel. The plate was starting to come out of place with a loud, metal grinding groan. Keiko winced and gritted her teeth. That was the worse sound ever in her opinion.

Then Keiko realized she had a chance to get rid of the heartless. It was stuck! Easy kill was already in plan. Her keyblade back in Keiko’s as she stood up. She then charged toward the heartless at top speed, letting out a shrill elongated war cry.

Things suddenly took a wrong turn. The heartless finally pulled away, the piece of bridge metal stuck on the sword. The heartless used it as part of its weapon and hit Keiko to the side in a swift matter.

Keiko yelped as pain jetted up from her left side of her body. She felt right side crash and skid on the road. She was writhing in pain, letting out short convolutions from her mouth.

“That hurt…” she said seething through her teeth.

Something flashed and glowed for a second in the sun light and then it faded out. The heartless turned its head to the direction of the flash. There, shining in the daylight was a keyhole. The heartless found what it and the others were looking for.

Keiko struggled to sit up and looked straight at the keyhole. It was of course, very blurry to her. “What… is that?”

The heartless just realized that Keiko wasn’t all the way defeated yet and lunged toward the keyhole. If it destroyed the keyhole, then the city and the surrounding area will plunge into ever lasting darkness. It could not fail its mission.

Keiko’s keyblade abruptly rose up in her grasp, as though it suddenly had a mind of its own. Keiko gaped in surprised as a beam of light suddenly ejected from the keyblade and sped towards the keyhole. The light connected, illuminating the whole area around the keyhole in a golden blaze. The heartless suddenly froze in midair. It was just only one centimeter away from its goal.

Light exploded from the keyhole like an atom bomb. Keiko grunted and covered her eyes with her arm as she was blinded by the sudden light. She heard something click as though a door was being locked. A piece of metal clanged as it fell to the ground in front of Keiko. Then… it suddenly got dead silent. Not even the wind was whistling through the cables of the bridge.

Confused, Keiko slowly lowered her arm down from her eyes. They fluttered open. All of the heartless that were on the bridge earlier were long gone. Keiko’s heart was still racing in her chest as she was slowly recovering from that last bit of excitement. She slowly stood back up. That was when she noticed she felt absolutely fine. The pain from earlier melted away as soon as the light touched her. Keiko slowly exhaled out and let the keyblade drop by her side. She was glad that was over.

“New wielder of the keyblade… we’ve been expecting you...”

Keiko felt her heart skip a beat. The voice sounded deep and rich, and sort of sinister too. It came from behind her. Keiko hesitantly turned around. She suddenly began to back up, stumbling over her own feet. She tripped, and fell on her bottom. Hovering above the ground in front of her were ten figures, all of them were dressed in back, hooded robes.

The one in the middle of them folded his arms while looking down at her. He smirked as his other followers laughed down at her.

Keiko gulped. Was this Organization XIII? Or something else?

2nd Author's Note: Phew... I'm so glad I finally got that chapter done... now for the more complicated ones to go. O.o Anyways, some of you were asking if it was the younger Sora or the older Sora in the story. It's the older story. This takes place after Sora, Riku, and Kairi returned to Destiny Island after the second game. :D Hoped you liked the chapter

6. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

That was...AWESOME! I was hooked the whole time that I read it. Best chapter you've ever written! I did see some grammer/spelling errors, but not that many. Good job!

7. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

great chapter FH.

it was long lot's of fight and really good.
    just keep your confidence up and you will be fine.

8. nobodynerd100 Traverse Town Homebody

This is one of the best Kingdom Hearts stories I have ever read. You manage to put in this story the magic that is Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait to read the rest of your story but please take your time.

Only 10 cloaked figures. Where are the other 3?

9. Death_Of_Saint_Micheal Merlin's Housekeeper

AWESOME! That's such a great story! It had me hooked the entire time! Make more! >:O

10. Hopefulwishes Traverse Town Homebody

T^T I was...soo....MOVED! *sniff* So glad the story's going along good.