Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival (Working Title)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Soushirei, Feb 22, 2007.

1. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    Chapter 5 was amazing!

I feel sorry for Kairi though, she's either passing out or being knocked out, I hope we get to find out what's really plaguing her soon!

Can't wait for your next chapter, keep it up!

2. Roxas OG

One thing that bothers me, despite the story being excellent, is that at points characters don't stay true to their video game counter parts. Actions, things they say; they're just not things that the actual characters would do. But it doesn't matter, as it has consistent writing and a polished (albeit quirky at times ^_^) plot.

3. Soushirei 運命の欠片

One can never really know how any of the characters may change in the span of three years. I never wanted them to be the same as how they were in KH1/KH2. I've purposely changed many of the characters in the way they perceive, say, and act on things.

We can only assess what is 'real' or 'in character' if Square was so nice as to give us that information first hand in a KH game that continued Sora's journey three years later.

All I'm merely doing is taking a cast of characters whom I've grown rather fond of and taking liberties with them as a writer. While it's not written on paper or said in the fic, my idea of a seventeen year old Sora, a seventeen year old Kairi, an eighteen year old Riku; individuals that have come to terms with the experiences they have had over the past 2-3 years, is expressed in the actions and words that they say within my fic. To a certain degree, their 'new' characteristics are engraved in my head and I can hear and see them interact in my mind.

Kairi was a character who never really got to say all the things she might've wanted to say, but in KH2 she definitely showed that she had strong opinions and held strong beliefs about certain things--and to a point, she is fearless. Taking that intepretation and adding on two years--I've tried to make a Kairi that I felt best represented who I feel she would be today.

Sora is no different. Here we have a young boy who--despite the game's 'censoring'--has experienced fear, danger and death in a way we couldn't even begin to imagine. To be perfectly honest, *I* found it rather unrealistic that Sora could experience something like a Darkside and still be incredibly sane and giddy about his adventures to come. Shadow Sora, plagues of all sorts of Heartless; the game really made it look like a game. But in my opinion, if Sora were really like an average fourteen year old, he would have to have had some psychological scars from some of his adventures. Of course I'm not saying he'd go insane, but I am saying that a life like that would eventually create a person who's 'seen so much' and 'experienced so much' to the point where they just can't be the same happy-go-lucky individual that they might've once been. I've tried to convey this in my interpretation of Sora's seventeen-year-old self.

As such, taking three years into account, with all characters developing physically and mentally, letting the cold, harsh memories sink in, lots of things I felt had to change about their personalities.

I don't feel any of the characters have strayed away from the characters they were in the KH games. Instead, I feel as if I've developed them further, added certain quirks to their personalities that we didn't see in the past KH games. Of course, I'm not saying this is how they would be, but I am saying this is my best interpretation of what I feel should be what each character might've turned out to be these three years later.

So Roxas, I'm not saying it shouldn't bother you, because I can't control what others feel about my writing, but I do want to stress that I feel it's a little unfair to say "they don't stay true to their video game counter parts" or "not do things that the actual characters would do". We don't know what three years can really do to a person. Maybe they might not have 'said such things or done such things' it in KH1, maybe not in KH2, but certainly in three years time--and in the case of Sora, Riku and Kairi--how one sees and acts at the age of 14/15, can drastically change at the age of 17/18. The cognitive development and perception of the two ages are very very different.

Basically, you can look at it as if they've almost grown from children to adults, and as such, they're bound to act far differently than they did before.

4. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

You make a damn good point. Sora and Riku do go through alot in KH1/2 so I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't changed. I would find it extremely strange if Sora just came out always grinning after going through a great deal of violence, lies, and secrets.

I eagerly await the next chapter.

5. Soushirei 運命の欠片

-- Chapter Six --
    Many would consider this a filler, and you know, it probably is. The Orb hunt would've taken place immediately after Glenn gave his debriefing, but I felt uncomfortable starting the Orb hunt halfway through a chapter so I decided to settle with some character reflection. Sora and co. have been doing nothing but research lately, so I supposed they needed a break too. ;p

Chapter Seven is long, so look forward to it... I hope. Thanks, everyone!

6. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Nice chapter as always. You added another Kairi x Sora scene too!

Cloud seems to be acting strange but he is Cloud *smirks*. Will Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo play a cameo by any chance?

7. Soushirei 運命の欠片

D: Unfortunately not. I tried to see if I could somehow fit them into the story, but the ideas that came to me seemed to be too elaborate (since Cloud's problem isn't supposed to be a big part of the story), and anything less wouldn't do that particular trio of characters any justice. So in the end, I decided to completely omit anything related to Advent Children except Denzel.

8. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Hmmm, ah well. I was thinking if they did, the three twins could be working for Nemas under the condition he ressurrects Sephiroth when Nemas succeeds his master plan, or something.

*waits for next chapter*

9. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Hmm. Somehow I felt compelled to release Chapter Seven. It's the longest Chapter so far. Oh noes.

Maybe because it's long, and I feel some readers are getting bored. My hiatus begins after I post Chapter Ten, so I might as well get these going along.

-- Chapter Seven --
    There we have it. Orb #1 down, although Kairi, Riku and Sora are all presently unconscious inside an icy temple. They should die by hypothermia and frostbite by the morning.

10. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

What a cliffhanger!

...you let Sora and Riku get pwned...*glares*

What a bad time for Kairi's condition to flare up. Was it because of the orb or something else?

Great chapter...though I would like a bit more action and less one hand pwnage.

11. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Another great chapter, and this time ending with a cliffhanger. The story just gets better and better.

12. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Approaching the end mark for the first arc. I noticed some of you stopped commenting, but oh well, you win some, you lose.

-- Chapter Eight --
    For some reason, this was one of my favourite chapters. Maybe it's because of the narration for most of it (the sum up of the month's happenings when Sora was out) and the beginning is an interesting one. Anyway, thanks DarknessKingdom and Gharanth for commenting. I appreciate it.

13. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

These last few chapters have been amazing! Especially Chapter 7! In this latest chapter Roxas sounded a bit like Axel when he began talking to Sora...

That's just my thoughts though...

Sorry for not commenting before, I didn't really know what to say...

Can't wait for you're next posts!

14. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Hehe, well Roxas and Axel were best friends for a time, so maybe Axel rubbed off a bit on Roxas =o. Personally, Roxas left quite an impression on me when he made that "Look sharp!" comment to Sora at TWTNW, so I guess maybe to me, I could picture Roxas saying things of that nature every once in a while.

Thanks for replying though. ^^

15. Shanny-Boo Traverse Town Homebody

Wow.

Like... just...

wow. o.o

This is REALLY good.

All of it is AMAZING.

I am totally incapable of making this comment sound good. xDDD That's how awesome this fanfic is.

Can't wait for more!

16. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Heh, awesome chapter. I can totally imagine Sora and Roxas' conversation. I've noticed Roxas has picked a bit of Axel's personality.

Were the two worlds you picked at random, 'Halloween Town' and 'Twilight Town'?

I mean, I can see why Twilight Town would be picked up but I can't see Halloween Town having any significant importance.

17. Soushirei 運命の欠片

It wasn't entirely random; I ciphered through the worlds and decided which ones I could work with and which ones I couldn't. Halloween Town does seem rather insignificant, but it'll make more sense in Chapter Ten, hopefully. XD

Thanks for the continued support! Just two chapters to go until the end of Part One.

--

-- Chapter Nine --
    And there you have it.

Chapter Ten is LONG. PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR IT.

18. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

When Olette said "Commit it to memory" the first thing that popped into my head was "AXEL!" XD

Back to the chapter though...all I can really say is...WOW! Leaving off on another cliff-hanger-like monent is driving me nuts.

I really can't wait for Chapter 10. You keep saying that things will be revealed in it, it sounds amazing! Keep up the great work!

19. Soushirei 運命の欠片

XD I had to ctrl+F this page to find that "Commit it to memory" line because I didn't remember writing anything like that. But apparently I did (after I found it)!

Thanks for your support as always, and yeah, Chapter Ten is a doosey... I've repeatedly been editing it and adding to it... removing stuff from it. XD It's just very long. Hopefully you all will enjoy it.

I have a Calc quiz tomorrow so I don't think I'll be able to work on it tonight, but I plan to have it out by Friday. We'll see how it goes.

20. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I really love the way you write. You have Riku down so well. This really is a fantastic story.