Kingdom Hearts: The Soul Reason

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Repliku, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

I've decided after some time of getting used to forum Rpgs, because they are rather new to me, to try to give it a go and run one that will be sort of an adventure with multiple characters from Kingdom Hearts.

This will be ran in a sort of adventure, campaign type way where I will be reacting as a GM to give you plot scenarios, bosses to fight etc, in the flavor of the KH games. You will also be able to interact with each other's characters and this plot is meant so that people who have formerly fought against each other may even be brought closer as allies so the Disney characters, FF cameo characters, the Organization etc are all welcome, as well as new Original characters if people wish to bring them in. All I ask is that if you have an Original character, it must come from either a destroyed made up world or that it comes from a KH world already established.

Requirements and Guideline:

* Please, no Keyblade characters other than the main ones already in existence. No BBS characters. No crossover characters unless from FF or Disney and cleared. No Heartless characters.

* If you have a character who is having Darkness, please include why that character is tainted in the history. Not everyone is going to get approved for Darkness characters that are not Nobodies because it just doesn't make much sense.

* Let's make sure to use decent grammar and punctuation. No text talk or shortened slang so that all posts are enjoyed and easy to read.

* Characters may have relationships but the rating is of course PG-13. This means that kissing is aloud, hugging is fine, some light innuendo is alright. Anything more should be considered a movie 'fade to black' issue. This means nothing beyond this happens and you just declare 'the scene fades to black' and if sexual situations are assumed or not, it's up to the reader, just like in a PG-13 movie. Also, the standards apply whether in straight or gay relationships. I don't separate the standards to be fair to everyone.

* Don't make this a fanfic. If you run a canon character (one from the games or somewhere else) please try to keep the character true to self. This does not imply that characters are stuck to act forever as they are in the games. They can mature and change but part of the joy of running an RPG in this area is that people can see the characters and how they cope with new things. Original characters, of course, can act as they choose since they are not from anywhere but a person's own imagination.

* If at any time there is a problem with the story or members of the RPG, please feel free to PM me so we avoid arguing too much in the actual RP area. That way the flow remains consistent.

Character Sheet for Original Characters

Character Name:
    Description: (character's appearance)
    History: (a brief history of what the character is like)
    Abilities: (special abilities the character may have).

Character Sheets can be posted here to begin with and when the game starts, we'll move that to PM so that it doesn't disturb game flow. In Abilities, please don't go hog wild and make a character that is super powerful. Keep in mind everything can be harmed.

Keep in mind that I work and go to college, so my times to be on are mostly in evenings or late nights (EST) and also, since this is a plot driven game, posts should not be just simple one liners. I don't expect 'Repliku-sized' essays, but just I'd like the grammar and all to be done well and to try to put some Heart into the characters so they aren't just fanboy/fangirl appearances. So if you -really- like a character and feel you can RP that character as if he/she comes from the game, this RP is for you. If you want the character to do things that make others wince, you might want to try an original concept instead so no one feels you are misplaying the character.

So, anywhoo, let's move onto the plot scenario!

The Plot

The game begins after KH2. The worlds have begun to recover from the Heartless though they continue to be a problem on some worlds. However, new symptoms of worlds in peril have begun to emerge with new enemies that have appeared which are gray, have pointy fangs, red eyes, long nails, and are about 4' tall. Resembling ugly short trolls that seem ethereal, and acting like vampires or ghosts at times, they are an oddity. These beings, it is said, can touch people and make them sickly and also without conscience or care. After a long enough time, they may turn into these creatures. The creatures have been named Soulless and just where they come from remains a mystery. They have the ability to phase through objects and can only be harmed by magical weapons or a very strong willpower. They also tend to shun the day light and some have been reported that if exposed to sunlight, they evaporate. Just why they are out and who is behind it is what the plot is about.

World Statuses

Destiny Islands - Sora, Riku and Kairi have been on their world and have managed to get back into their lives and catch up on missing education. It is now summer break so they are out of school and able to move around and associate with each other and others and relax. Destiny Islands has seemed to be back to normal despite all the havok it went through in KH. Kairi found a bottle with a mysterious message from the King and the three have been stuck on their world waiting for news or a way off their world.

The King's message (which is totally made up for this RPG)

"To Sora, Riku and Kairi,

The Soul is what gives sentience conscience and can make the Heart a battlefield or at serenity. Fighting the Soul is a losing battle. It knows a person inside and out. It is connected to the cycle of life and to the Soul Crystal. All life goes through the Life Stream, which are like veins and arteries of existence and the Soul Crystal is the brain behind it, while Kingdom Hearts is the Heart that holds us and binds us together."

The words do not really sound like King Mickey's so this would be a curious factor as to why he sent it to the three young heroes.

Radiant Gardens - Radiant Gardens is in a state of disrepair but attempting, with the Restoration Committee and Tron, to put life back on tracks. There is still a Heartless problem there but protecting the people and working on reestablishing a government is of prime importance to these people. It holds much history.

Port Royal has instilled martial law against pirates due to crimes being higher than normal and there is a lack of order. Also, mysterious deaths have occurred to both Pirates and Elizabeth's home city.

Land of Dragons has grown stronger and is quite stable now that the White Huns have been forced to flee with the defeat of their leader.

Atlantica is doing stable with the fall of Ursula and has no real threats but King Triton keeps a monitor on things and has historic knowledge that could be valuable.

The World that Never Was had gone quiet but with the Heartless problem still in existence, the Nobodies were sure to continue to be forming and through some mysterious force of magic, some of the Organization members would be returned to the land. What they would do with their 'second chance' at life, remained to be seen. However, they would be one of the first victims assaulted for their Souls. Having no Hearts to fight it off, would claim the existences of quite a few lesser Nobodies so what the higher Nobodies would do would be up to them. The Nobodies who would return would have only this hint that they were brought back to help make things right, but other than that subliminal thought, there would be a mystery as to their return.

Other world statuses will be revealed as players choose to come from them or characters head to those worlds to add to mystery and also to not write out too much here.

I am putting this in the RPG Extended area in the hopes that it is understood that the RPG will be ran in a sort of story way and all of you will be the main characters that have to contend with the bosses etc. This is the first forum RPG I've tried to run so hopefully it won't turn into disaster. Just please have patience with each other and me and let's see if we can make it work.

CURRENT TIME LINE OF EVENTS

TWTNW: On the World That Never Was - the Nobodies of the Organization are gathering and awakening as are the lesser Nobodies. Upon first awakening in the Proof of Existence over their gravestones, they found out that thei Castle Naught had been taken over by Maleficent. After fighting quite a few Heartless and intimidating her, she fled the domain. They soon would discover though that this was the least of their problems. They have been imprisoned there and only Demyx seemed to be able to leave when he decided to run off on the other Org members and find Roxas, who isn't there. The others are meeting as they awaken to try to find a way out of their harrowing predicament as it is clear the Nobodies are held there by a force that wants their souls. Meanwhile, a new Nobody created while the Organization was gone is looming about trying to discern his shattered past. His name is to be Toxyn.

Twilight Town - Roxas and Namine, as well as Riku Replica are returned to existence at the mansion. Roxas and Riku Replica did not get along at first but Namine helped smooth edges. In a desire to meet the people of his past who don't really know him but he remembers them, Roxas took off to meet Pence, Olette and Hayner. Raxtion, a traveler of worlds with a kind heart, met up with the group. However, before Roxas could leave, DiZ appeared and attempted to fill in the group on the dangers of what may be happening. He apparently was returned to Radiant Gardens and has left to figure out more of what is going on. Currently though, DiZ, Riku Replica and Namine went through to Destiny Islands to enlist the aid of Sora and his friends for an epic mission to stop the force at work that means to obliterate the Nobodies for power. Roxas is in TT still catching up with old friends.

Destiny Islands - Sora, Riku and Kairi received a note from King Mickey that was not in his normal speech pattern and deduced he delivered it but the words are some unknown person's which describes things about souls. Demyx showed up and told them he wanted to try to not be how he was and the 3 forgave him. Sombre, a mysterious woman with Darkness, is with them, having heard a voice through a vision that encouraged her to seek out the three. They are being informed now by DiZ and Namine of the grim future for the Nobodies if no one acts and are deciding on their best course of action. As DiZ and the other two were informing the others of what was to transpire, a new being showed up through a Dark Portal. Jack was a citizen of Radiant Gardens that had acquired Darkness from the time past when the world had fallen to the Heartless. Things were getting interesting as he declared he had met a new enemy similar to Nobodies and yet ...not. The mission was soon to come.

Character List

Heroes/Anti-Heroes/Disney/FF people
    Sora - Pyro
    Kairi - DestinyStar (filling in for DestinyStar will be Pyro)
    Riku - Repliku
    Repliku - Repliku
    Namine - Twilight Night
    Roxas - Rising Storm
    Cheshire Cat - Pika Power

Org Members

Xemnas - Twilight Night
    Xigbar - Repliku
    Xaldin - Soranspartanti
    Vexen - Repliku till someone wants him.
    Zexion - Repliku
    Marluxia - Pyro
    Larxene - Twilight Night
    Axel - chule-claire
    Demyx - Pika Power
    Lexaeus - Rising Storm aka Dr Evil
    Saix - Soranspartanti
    Luxord - Base Sebastion

Originals
    Sombre - a dark woman of intrigue.
    Xelax - some dude in an Org cloak.
    Raxtion - a person of light who wields electricity.
    Jack - a being who possesses the power of white lightning.
    Toxyn - A Nobody with the Element of Mind.
    Rymond Foxland - A British fellow who doesn't seem to like pirates.

NPCs
    DiZ
    Yen Sid
    Evil Villains

You guys are free to take up any other characters and I just needed these ones for NPCs for information..other than the first two...because they are my favorites. ^_^

2. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

This looks like a really interesting RP... Anyhoo, could I be Marluxia and King Mickey?

3. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

hmmm interesting, I'll have to think about a character though ^_^.

4. Repliku Chaser

You can be one or both, Marluxia. Up to you. I should have put like a 2 character minimum or something in the top area so that we don't get too bogged down but at the same time there's an option to play an additional character if one is kind of busy.

5. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

I'll take Sora ^^

6. Doukuro Chaser

This would be my first rp extended I will be in but I think I can handle it and it does seem intersting

May I have Zexion?

7. Repliku Chaser

Sure, I've added you both. Marluxia13579, I need to know if you were interested in Marluxia or King Mickey. Hopefully we can dredge up a few more canon characters to be filled and we'll begin as soon as I feel we have enough people.

8. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

OK, sorry... I'll just take Marluxia, as I'm pretty busy at the moment.

9. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Character Name: Sombre

Homeworld: The World That Never Was

Description: A woman with jet black hair and extremely pale skin, wears a white dress. She has grey eyes. About 5'6" and very lean.

History: She was sent to TWTNW when she was just a child, she has a heart but she has no memory of her past, her parents or even her own name. She is an enigma. She could be the key to what is happening.

Abilities: She has power over darkness but her heart is pure. She uses her form of darkness to do good.

10. Repliku Chaser

Sorry, but there's no real way a character who isn't a Nobody could exist in TWTNW, unless they were someone like DiZ or had a Keyblader around. You might want to alter Sombre's past some so that it fits. Really no one should be in TWTNW except the Nobodies at this time.

11. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Repliku... you didn't respond to my PM request... so am I go or not? *I want to be discreet about what the request is to suprise everyone...*

12. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

way to be discreet ^_^.

Character Name: Sombre

Homeworld: Destiny Islands

Description: A woman with jet black hair and extremely pale skin, wears a white dress. She has grey eyes. About 5'6" and very lean.

History: She was sent to The Islands when she was just a child but was on a different island from Sora, Riku, Kairi etc. She has a heart but she has no memory of her past, her parents or even her own name. She is an enigma. She could be the key to what is happening. Her name is not her true name but one she flicked to randomly in a book. It seems to estimate her character, quite and sad. Only when her memories are revealed will she know her true name and how important she is.

Abilities: She has power over darkness but her heart is pure. She uses her form of darkness to do good.

13. Repliku Chaser

Thanks for fixing up Sombre and she's good to go. ICSP, I'll respond in PM probably but were you interested in just doing it for temp or having it around a while?

14. I would like to join, I suppose xP. My question first is, are Naminé or Roxas available? Or will they remain inside Sora and Kairi? And, how many characters per poster? One?

15. Repliku Chaser

I can do a fun plot twist for Namine and Roxas so yes, they are open. This kind of happens in a way after the court case RP, regardless of what happens there. I do have something in mind for all of the characters really that were canon in the games.

16. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

I took Sora in the hopes of using Roxas,but I'll let Twilight take him if she wants.

17. It's alright, Rise. You can take Roxas if you like. I was thinking of getting him, but I never played a certain girl before. In that case:

I'll have Larxene, and if I can have a second, Naminé.

18. Repliku Chaser

Well if you want Roxas, take Roxas. Someone else can take Sora who would like him. And I'll put up Larxene and Namine for you TN.

19. OOC: Thanks :D.

20. Repliku Chaser

I'm debating on an Org member to take but can't decide which. Ah, the decisions. If I can get a couple other people in here we can begin and others may join later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.