Last Person to Post IX~

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Daxa~, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lite The Future

I find the mechanics improved from IV, but yes they are very similar. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since they're pretty solid to begin with. The story...Yeah, I just got the game today and I've already beaten it. Of the features included in V, the story mode is not one of the best. I've yet to play online (Except with DT, but that was a private match.)

If you're looking for a good price, I'd look on amazon. My copy was only $37 (Not sure what the price is in euros if that's what you use).

Either way, if you ever want to play IV or V, VM or PM me your GT and I'll play some rounds with you.

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

To be fair, every game ever could have been done better. I focus less on what they don't have, and more on what they do.
    Will never forgive them for getting rid of Zasalamel though. That was my best style.

Also, I pretty much only play online with friends and the game's perfectly fine by me. Bushy, TheAstarion, and Deadpool are all my rivals. Yay.

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Mortal Kombats storymode is better then SCV's.

Also, no character endings, intros, or bios! How am I suppose to know who Viola is without looking it up (also she has three lines in the storymode)?

This also begs the reason as to why there are certain characters in the roster if they don't show up in the main storyline. Like Hilde, I like Hilde but she doesn't appear! Or Lizardman (or Aeon as he's being called) the guy is implied to have ate Kratos and he doesn't appear in the storymode!

4. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that, as far as fighting games go today, I don't feel like Soulcalibur V did enough different from IV.

And yeah, taking out Zasalamel pissed me off for days. Also, Taki (Natsu' ok, but I'll miss the skintight suit ninja), Talim, making Kilik a copy-character, etc.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Why did they get rid of Zasalamel?

6. Lite The Future

I also disliked the lack of intros/endings. DT can tell you who Viola is. Kind of a shock if you don't know.

About Aeon eating Kratos: They could explain that in the story mode because then they'd have to put it on the 360, which is a no-no. Kratos cannot be mentioned on the other console.

Maybe he was among the less popular characters in SCIV?

7. Hayabusa Venomous

Even though they made him one of the stars of SCIII? And what about Talim, who also doesn't have a replacement?

It makes sense with cameo characters, but when they take out a character and don't at least replace them with another user of the style, it just seems like a bad decision to me.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

That pissed me off to no end. I also do know who Viola is, I was just giving an example that if we did look information like that up we would have no idea who anyone who wasn't in a previous Soul game is.

I said implied, what with Aeon having some of Kratos' move set. If they had a bio they could have just said he killed and ate a mighty warrior from Greece and just leave it that.

Maybe, but he had a unique style, I kind of miss that. That and he's immortal, how would they explain why he is gone?

Well Talim is a priestess. That could be a reason to explain why she isn't there.

Yeah.

Also Ezio is the only crossover character that make any sense.

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

Spoiler about Viola:
    She's Amy.

Hilde is implied to be married to Siegfried. Worst thing to ever happen to her, since now she just sits in the kitchen.
    Lizardman has always been called Aeon, just now it's being used as his character name as well as his canon one.
    Viola is the most annoying. She's mentioned in the story, she has lines in it, but you never fight against her or as her.

But Natsu does wear a skintight ninja suit...

He died at some point during the timeskip. He'll probably reappear, 17 years old, in the next game.

Wrong. Ezio would have been dead for 70 years by the time Soulcalibur starts.

10. Lite The Future

Video game developers are strange people. To this day I still wonder why Mega Man X(Or any Mega Man for that matter) was never included in MvC3 or UMvC3. I guess they just didn't deem those two right for SCV. It is 17 years after IV, so things could have happened in that time.

I guess that makes sense. There's really no excuse for excluding bios when they were in IV.

Right, my bad, I misread.

Like I said, things could have happened in the 17 years between IV and V. I believe when Zasalamel dies he comes back much later in the future, right?

EDIT: Ninja'd by DT.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I know. You missed my last post.

I read somewhere she is apart of his merc group or something. Not that that is ever explained in the game. And yes that does still piss me off!

I also know his name always been called Aeon. I was just pointing out this is the first game that calls him that.

She not nearly as hot.

Probably.

I know, right?!

It's cool.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

Zasalamel died? When the hell do they tell us that?

(and Taki > Natsu all day >.>)

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

He has died several times in canon.

I made Taki in custom creation. Still not the same! T^T

14. Pinekaboo Chaser

Saw it, but only after I posted. Still there for anyone else.

Yeah, me too. She could have just had one part, fighting alongside Z.W.E.I. and Siegfried near the end or something. But no, that would make too much sense.

Fair enough then.

I disagree. STRONGLY.

At least he wasn't killed and used as the new Nightmare without explanation.

He dies all the time. He just comes back.
    They didn't say, but it's pretty obvious that's what they're going for.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

Oh yeah...I kinda forgot...

But still, it was completely dumb to not include him, or at least some kind of scythe wielder.

16. Pinekaboo Chaser

I'm glad they didn't replace him actually. Shame he didn't appear, but I see no reason why Devil Jin style is available and his isn't.

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Kay.

So many characters they could have had show up but they don't. Kinda sad. Am I the only one who thinks Z.W.E.I.'s appearance seems incredably unfitting for the setting? Yes, go on and laugh.

Alright.

Explain your reasoning.

Thank God for that...

18. Hayabusa Venomous

I don't either. Sure, Namco made both Soulcalibur and Tekken, but...there isn't even a Devil Jin character in the game. Yet we get that style, and no scythe or Zasalamel....Namco, you're killin' me.

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

Z.W.E.I. applied for appearing in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but took a wrong turn. E.I.N. is his Stand.

Ginger and smaller boobs.

Yep.
    Unlike Raphael.

Jin himself can't appear without saying he's from the future. They're set in the same universe, Tekken is a sequel. Remember Zasalamel's SCIV ending? That was supposed to lead to him appearing in a future Tekken.

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Speaking of JJBA, I made Dio in Custom. Not using Z.W.E.I.'s style, because I don't like his.

...I paid more attention to Taki's thighs, myself. And another part of the body near the legs.

At least he looks cool. Serious, I want. His. Hat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.