LoZ: ΔThe Link Between HeroesΔ Discussion/OOC

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

ALRIGHT. I meant to start this on Tuesday, but I ended up out of town with crappy internet. So we're going to start now.
    If you guys are fine with the names you've chosen, then scratch the last thing I said and name your Link whatever you so wish~
    I don't know if I was clear earlier, but to clarify: any person that's not a Link, Zelda, or Big Bad, can be played but will be played in the Resistance. If it's someone you think is more neutral or evil, but not a Big Bad, or you simply don't think they belong in the Resistance, then they don't have to be in. However, like I said, any non-Link/Zelda/BigBad character, can be played in the Resistance. The current list of the Resistance members aren't the full team. I'm just not making a set list nor listing every character in the series so it's up to you to claim a character to play in it.

Here's a very crappy map. I'll add it to the first post later along with the key. Maybe if I'm bored one day, I"ll make a prettier one that isn't bits and pieces of other maps lol
    [​IMG]
    • Ganon's Castle: The home of Black King Ganon, White Queen Zelda, Twinrova, and Shadow Link. Once the famous Hyrule Castle, Ganon has once again transformed it into his evil haven. It is here where all of the Links are imprisoned at the beginning. It can be entered through Hyrule Castle Town.
    • Hyrule Castle Town: Keeping its old name, this once glorious market town is now a desolate, monster-run city. Monsters and ghosts run amok, terrorizing citizens who are forced to stay inside. A now defunct Temple of Time is home and playground to the Royal Family of Evil's personal sorcerer, Agahnim. HCT has both Lake Hylia and a river flowing from it.
    • Lake Hylia: One of two bodies of water flowing from Hyrule Castle Town. It's the only source of fresh water in New Hylia.
    • The Great Bay: East of Ganon's Castle is the Moruge Swamp. A hidden cave in the swamp leads to Three Eye Rock. A secret method involving the rocks opens up the path to Zora Waterfall which leads to Zora's Cape in the Great Bay. The Zoras are restricted to the inside of the Cape because the southern water is frozen due to Snowpeak's Weather and the northern waters are hot from lava leaking from Death Mountain and Dragon Roost Island. Because of this, the Zora people are angry at both Gorons. They also have an intense dislike of the Rito, disbelieving that the winged people are their descendants. Princess Ruto was usurped by the Zora for failing to fix the water. Two islands rest between Zora Cape and Snowpeak Province. Zant, the Usurper King, is given this area to rule over, along with many others, under Ganon's direct supervision.
    • Snowpeak Province: Snowpeak Mountain and Snowhead Mountain, the province is home to one of two types of Gorons. The "snow Gorons" used to live in Spring, but a curse put their mountain in a perpetual winter. With the Great Bay to the north, the Snowpeak Gorons are blamed by the Zoras for part of the Great Bay freezing due to Snowpeak's weather. Zant rules over this area.
    • Desert Colosuss/Death Mountain/Dragon Roost Island: Now one large mountain, Death Mountain and Dragon Roost Island are located at the northeastern corner of New Hylia. To get there, one must cross the hot and dry Desert Colossus, home of the Gerudo. Death Mountain, located on the western side of the mountain, is a dormant volcano adjourned with lava-filled caverns and is home to the other type of Gorons. The Dragon Roost peak, located on the eastern sound of the mountain, is home to the Rito, winged descendants of the Zora. The Gorons and Rito don't get along, each claiming the mountain belongs to their own specific race. Volvagia, the monstrous dragon that haunted the Gorons in their old time, awoke once again and fatally injured Valoo, the god of the Rito. The Rito blamed the Gorons for this and exiled their Prince, Komali, for failing to protect their sky spirit. General Onox and his army of monsters can usually be found inside the caverns or in the desert. This is another of Zant's kingdoms.
    • Forbidden Sea: The Southeastern part of the Great Ocean is composed of only two landmarks: The Tower of the Gods (strangely enough, another time-version of Ganon's Castle) and the Forbidden Fortress. The fortress not only blocks any ship from making it to the tower but is also home to Ghirahim and the Helmaroc King, whom Ganon gifted to Ghirahim. Aside from Ganon's Castle, the Forbidden Fortress also holds any prisoners that Ganon deems need to be punished. Aside from Ghirahim, the Helmaroc King, and the Demon Lord's prisoners, the only other people living there are monsters loyal to the Royal Family of Evil.
    • South Hylia: South of Ganon's Castle is the Samasa Desert, said to hold a great secret and the main port of Hylia for ships. However, to get there, one must cross the dangerous Lava Lake, a large lake made entirely of lava (duh). Some Mogma can be found around the lake. The Desert is also home to several deactivated Ancient Robots.
    • Desert of Doubt: Located west of the Lava Lake and in the southwestern corner of New Hylia. Inside the desert is the Pyramid. From the desert, one can see the fragmented Tower of Spirits, though no way to get to it exists. After crossing the desert, one can journey through the Tal Tal Mountain Range to get to Koholint Island. Malladus rules over the Desert of Doubt, Tower of Spirits, as well as Koholint Island and the Isle of Ember, though he shares the last two with Bellum, Nightmare, and Veran.
    • Koholint Island/Isle of Embers The island existed before only in dreams of the great Wind Fish, but it exists as an actual island in New Hylia. However, the Wind Fish seems to be absent. Activated Ancient Robots have made their home here, occasionally crossing Tal Tal Mountain range to the Desert of Doubt or Samasa Desert. Unfortunately, ash and balls of ember from the Isle of Ember constantly fall onto Koholint Island, plaguing the residents. Even worse, the sorceress Veran and her army of Dark Links, along with Nightmare and Bellum, frequently make their way through the two islands, torturing the residents.
    • Termina: The collective name for Forest Haven, the Lost Woods, Clock Town, and Minish Village with Vaati's Palace floating high over the forests. The Kokiri were pushed out of their forest and into Forest Haven by Skull Kid Majora. The Deku Tree, a single merged entity of the Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time and the one from Wind Waker, is now in Kokiri Forest where Majora "plays" with him. Unfortunately, the Kokiri and Koroks can't find their way to him from the Haven due to the entire forest being turned into the Lost Woods. The Kikwi live in the Lost Woods and usually spend their time with the Great Deku Tree when Majora's not around, though they can't help the tree. Clock Town is located in the Lost Woods as well, constantly plagued by Majora's harmful pranks. With the Lost Woods surrounding them, the inhabitants can't escape and help can't arrive. Minish Village is located elsewhere in the woods with Vaati's Palace floating high above. Ganon gifted the village to Vaati for the Wind Mage's revenge as long as Vaati kept a close eye on Majora, who Ganon sees as a wild card. Forest Haven is located off of the coast where the Kokiri and Korok argue over who is the true forest race of the Deku Tree and their inabilities to help their guardian entity. The Moon towers over the Lost Woods constantly.
    • Eldin Volcano/Great Ice Field/Lake Floria: Another volcano that plagues New Hylia is Eldin Volcano, main home to the Mogma. The heat from the volcano causes great turmoil to the Great Ice Field to the west and Lake Floria to the east. This makes life rough for the Yook and Parella. Ghirahim is given reign over these three areas, though he usually leaves it to Twinrova to supervise.

Also, I'm officially starting the RP (about to go post now). I'll be PMing everyone with details relating to their characters. We're going to say that it's been several months since Ganon merged the timelines to give all characters time to find out what happened (I don't want to spend posts having someone explain it to everyone lol).

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

I've got claim on the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess now, as a Resistance character. Just dropping the note to let you all know~

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I can't believe how long that post was, holy ****.

4. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

It was awesome! 8D I'll post by Monday at the latest. I'd like to do it sooner though.

5. Jayn

Should I wait for the PM, or should I just reply? xD

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

...****. I was in the midst of PMing everyone in separate tabs when my laptop died and I forgot to rePM everyone.
    But there's no need, to be honest. Go ahead and post, everyone. The PMs were just going to state where your Links would start (cell-wise) and some plot stuff for your bad guys, but I'll get to the bad guy stuff later. Go ahead and post your bad guy however you want them. As long as you've read through this thread and my super long first post, you should be fine~

7. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Hm.... Should I post Sheik yet??

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Private conversation time~

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Zelda looked past all the rain and saw visions of a green clad boy saving her and the six other maidens. The boy traveled through the dark world to rescue them and open Ganon's Tower. When he arrived at Turtle rock to save her, her suspicions were confirmed. "You are the Hero of Legend," she told him, "I could tell from the first time we met." He smiled at her and together with the MAidens, Zelda unlocked the Passage to Ganon's tower.

10. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I'm just posting here to ask and inform... so here we go.

Why are people not posting? lol

If people are waiting for the Hero of Time to bust the Links out etc, I've been instructed by Bueno to wait until people have posted first before having the daring rescue start. So yeah. Just letting people know.
    Basically, if you are waiting for the rescue... don't wait. XD It won't happen until you guys go first.

11. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

I've been busy with things

Should get a post out soon

12. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I figured I'd give others a chance to post before doing so again myself.

13. Pinekaboo Chaser

Honestly I'm just not sure of what to say or do at this point beyond "what's your idea?" or something. Was gonna wait for somebody else to go for it first.

14. Jayn

I'll post soon and apologize for the wait. Oh, life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.