Pokemon Discussion - Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jafar, May 8, 2009.

1. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Knowing this information, people shall "not join the Soul Silver fad" and buy Heart Gold, which will eventually become a counter-fad. Eventually the ones who want to be "unique" will buy Soul Silver.

And it goes on and on.

2. Haseo Knight of Light

I'll think I'll buy both, since neither my Gold nor Silver still work. Just Crystal.

3. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I'm quite aware, I was simply stating a possible scenario.

As for myself, I may buy HeartGold since I had previously completed my previous Gold (with the exception of the Pokedex). Though as of right now I am still somewhat undecided.

4. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Indeed.

Although they are relatively the same game.

5. Xe54 Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, but the each have different pokemon and maybe different items. One might have your favorite pokemon in it and the other one might not. Think about it...

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

The only problem with Soul Silver I have i that Misdreavus isn't in it. I remember being torn between the two games for that reason. Too bad they aren't making a Crystal 'cause in that it was all brought together.

7. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I do not exactly have any blatant preferences with the Pokemon. If you look at the big picture, they are basically the same game.

- Same region.
    - Same story.
    - Same NPC characters.
    - Same level of progress throughout the game.

Etc.

Also, congratulations on becoming a Premium before me. Ehehe.

As stated earlier, it really is the Pokemon preference. I may just go to the store, blindfold myself, and choose one at random.

Okay, no.

8. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Mine ISN'T Houndoom xD I couldn't find a Suicune, Umbreon or Arcanine one though : D

Thankfully those three are all in both of them...I think.

I hope B|

9. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Not necessarily. The closest thing to a favourite I would have is probably Flygon or Lucario, but the latter is due to its primary usage in battle.

10. Inasuma "pumpkin"

...that's actually not a bad idea. D:

Also if anyone wants sprites/animations:

Pokemon Elite 2000 - Sprite Resource

They have all the pkmn from Crystal. True faks

11. What? 『 music is freedom 』

12. Inasuma "pumpkin"

lol. of course it's trademarked. I wonder why they were calling it "Dusk Gold" and "Dawn Silver" before. What horrible names.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Soul and Heart aren't much better. >_>;

13. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Their former names didn't make much sense. At least with the current titles they are referring to an old saying. "A heart of gold."

Though I'm not quite sure about the silver part.

EDIT: Also, I've seen you alternate between Gyarados and Gengar around four times now. Make up your mind before you lose your own mind deciding on which.

14. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

For the US it comes in 2010....

15. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Unless you plan on doing hard core tournament play, EV training is HUGE waste of time.

16. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

Actually, if you think about it in terms of storyline, the names make far more sense than the official titles. In the Gold/Silver lore, the Tin Tower is the home of Ho-Oh and is said to be where dead Pokemon spirits go to rest (thus, Dusk) while the Brass (Burned) Tower was the home of Lugia and is said to be where Pokemon spirits go to be reincarnated (thus, Dawn).

Again, unless you do hard core tournament play, no you don't. Granted, it doesn't mean you should be lazy about how you raise your Pokemon, but raising 5 eggs at a time to get a specific ability/nature and only fighting super low level pokemon that gives a specific type of EV points is a collossal waste of time.

17. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

You know that EV training existed when D/P/P were out..

And it's not a waste of time..you can make your pokemon have much much higher stats from doing it right..it's very simple...I do it all the time.

18. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

Well thank you captain obvious and it remains a complete waste of time since generation 1.

Doing it right involves hours upon hours of grinding to get a hatched pokemon with ideal stats, an ideal ability and an ideal nature and fighting super low level pokemon to maximize the amount of EV points your pokemon receive until you reach level 100. Doing it the "proper" way is a collossal waste of time.

If you're playing single player, rare candy leveled pokemon can one hit literally anything outside the battle tower/frontier, if you're playing casual multiplayer, "proper" EV training doesn't come in handy as, chances are, the people you're playing with aren't going to waste their time with it. It is only useful to "properly" EV train when playing hard core tournament level.

19. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Yep, it's been around for a while.
    I don't think you could EV train in the old GBC games though...hell there wasn't even any natures.

20. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

EV training really depends on what you plan to do with each Pokemon you have. For example, I run an Electivire lead, which I've EV'd in Attack and Speed. There is no reason for it's other stats to be raised as they contribute little to nothing to the Pokemons purpose in battle. Also makes the Battle Tower much easier. :P

BTW, EV training really doesn't take that much time if you know what you're doing and do the math. You can max EV's with a minimum of 22 Battles (I think) if using Pokerus + Power item (Anklet, Bracer etc.)

Competitive battling makes this game last longer, and you feel you've accomplished something by the end. Why not have an advantage and extend the game's life?

Also, Goku's right, EV training was really introduced in Generation 3 (R/S/E)