Pokemon Discussion - Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jafar, May 8, 2009.

1. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

ok gold and silver were the best pokemon games ever ^_^ this is a huge blast from the past....man i cant wait...

2. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Really..I thought R/Y/B were the best from the old days..
    And there ws a Pokemon Green but it never came out in America...only Japan..

Today...Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are the best in my case...

But out of the 3..Platinum=Epic win

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I had Gengar twice and then switched to Gyarados.

I didn't switch four times. I went Gengar > Gyarados. That's it.

Not if you have rare candies to beat regular E4 training to level 100 after EV training.

4. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Right, if you use Action Replay DS persay..you can just go right up to lvl 100.

But who here thinks the best time to begin EV training is around Lvl 50-70?

5. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

Actually, I gotta agree. GSC were the games I really liked. RBY were good, I admit that, but they felt... patched together. I'm not sure why, but they felt off to me... GSC really went the extra mile with updating. I mean a time system, 100 new pokes, updated sprites, less glitches, even facing yourself from RBY... It was just so epic

Hmm, Not sure, really. You get the same results either way. It just appear as a bigger boost at those levels, due to battling more things before leveling.

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I swear I had seen you once use a Gyarados for a short few minutes before another Gengar. Must be my imagination.

And since I really don't want to get into this conversation on EV training, I'll just say there is no new news yet. I'll wait until Sunday.

7. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

red yellow and blue and green were the originals but they to me felt like an open beta test which being the first they were with gold and silver i think they really deepend the world and got the best balance of difficulty plus gold and silver are really the only games that showed any signs of continuity the newest games are ok...but i think they got the formula spot on with gold and silver...after ruby and sapphire though it started getting a little convuluted

8. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I also agree with you Lancelot..
    I did like what G/S/C had to offer..it makes me think of D/P/P..with the day and night thing, the watch. It was greatly improved. But I don't know why it was all down graded once we got to R/S/E
    What happened with Gamefreak?

9. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

My guess would be, that they wanted to improve the core elements of the game?
    I think Gen. III was by far the worst in the series anyway...

10. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

What about Leafgreen and Firered?
    I thought those were okay...same scenario..but was EV training in those 2 as well?

11. jafar custom title

LeafGreen and FireRed were part of Gen. III.

12. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Oh..my bad..sorry..but which was better? L/F or R/S/E?

13. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It depends on what you like more--the older style or the newer style. Personally I prefer LG/FR because the originals were my first games (of course). But the R/S/E were good too. I had many good memories playing those.

14. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Pokerus is extremely rare, by the way. Did not know the exact speed of training, though. Still doesn't change the unnecessity of hatching 5 eggs at a time to have THE ideal stats, nature and ability for anything outside hard core tournament play.

Isn't that what the end game legendaries are for?

Because I see the games as fun, simple RPGs? I don't care about multiplayer aside from aquiring eggs for Pokemon I want in my party.

Actually, he's wrong. While natures and abilities were introduced in Gen 3, Effort Values have been there since day 1.

15. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Comment:

He may not use hacks or codes, though. I'm simply making a presumption.

Anyhow, back to lurking for more information.

16. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Same game engine too right? I'm pretty sure they use the same game engine for every game in each generation, even the remakes.

To be more clear:
    R/S/E and FR/LG were all using the same game engine.

While

D/P/Pt and HG/SS will also be using the same game engine...

Right...?

17. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I think you are right..same 3d model building..so most likely they are gonna use the same engine...
    If not..I'm clueless...

18. Xe54 Kingdom Keeper

So are they gonna use the same engine that the had in DPP on HGSS?

19. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I think so....if they don't..then they have some kind of upgraded engine..but frmo the pics I've seen..I think it's the same...

20. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Right. No, I'm almost positive that they use one engine for each generation. Just seems like I read that some where. It makes sense, why would you create a completely new engine for the same system? that would just end up costing way too much money. With the exception of Gen. I and Gen. II, because it was needed to advance the series, in my opinion.

"If it ain't broke" after all.