Sony PSP Titles Being Remastered for PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by P, May 22, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Don't you think you're looking a little too much into this? I say we just let it be and see what happens. Maybe they would remake the games for those that don't have a PSP but a PS3, who knows.

2. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Logically, Sony would be trying to sell PSPs to people that don't have them, which is why this doesn't make sense. They're removing reasons to buy a PSP, which, from a business perspective, is a downright stupid move.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Oh well, I'm just going to wait, because frankly I don't care and it would be easier for me if the games I want that are on the PSP are put on the PS3 so when i buy a PS3 I don't need to save up however much again to buy another system

4. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I would love it if they remastered Dissidia for the PS3. I can imagine it now!

5. libregkd -

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I thought they already made it that you could send your save file from a PS3 to a NGP?

7. Chevalier Crystal Princess

8. The Fuk? Dead

I would love to see a Dissidia game given and HD makeover, or Peace Walker. Maybe even Crisis Core would look good. I think this is a great idea, and the Monster Hunter remake looks amazing. I would like to see Birth By Sleep given a remake because it's the only KH spinoff I would really like to play.

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Some games that I'd like to see are FF7 CC, the two Dissida games and of course BBS
    Since those are really the only good games that I've played for the PSP

10. libregkd -

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

it's better than nothing

12. libregkd -

13. Cody Chaser

Monster Hunter... for PSTripple....
    SO.DAMN.HYPE.
    uhhhhn....

14. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

Well, if they do happen to remaster any of the games I own for PSP, this will be the final push for me to get a PS3. Some games I would like to see are:
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Only KH spinoff that doesn't make me sick, and possibly could be the only way to get Final Mix worldwide.
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Truthfully the only FF games I have played are Dissidia, and I love them to death.
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - See above.
    SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny - Possibly it could be a huge add-on to SCIV, because I liked the new additions, it's just it was too small of a game on the PSP.
    Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - The greatest SWB game I have ever played, and Elite Squadron was trash. Would be nice because there is still no word on SWB3.
    Sonic Rivals - I enjoyed this game a lot, and I usually don't enjoy Sonic games.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This could really help Sony.

I'm hoping for a few remakes myself.

Crisis Core.
    Duodecim.
    Birth By Sleep FM.

16. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Me want Peace Walker for PS3 :D

17. C This silence is mine

The thing is, though, that Sony has sold a fair amount more PsPs than Ps3s, and while the PsP is dying the Ps3 is still gaining momentum, therefore it would make a lot of sense to port the games on the PsP that people enjoyed over to the Ps3, it gives them more incentive to buy a Ps3. Also the fact that people actually buy games for their Ps3s as opposed to their PsPs.

On your "Sony always keeps old hardware around", that is true, but you must consider the fact that Sony has only had two game platforms before the PsP, the Ps1 and Ps2, both of which were the market leaders by far, basically had a monopoly on the gaming market. While the PsP is faaaar behind the DS and it is never going to catch up to it, it's been selling pretty badly for a couple of years now, they won't be keeping it around long after the NGP releases.

So really, there are pretty much no downsides to porting these games to the Ps3, quick money and more incentive to buy the console, not bad.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker please and thank you <3