REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH

Discussion in 'Staff' started by ShibuyaGato, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

15 votes is plenty, and since people were questioning whether my next thread would be another "are you sure i should?" thread, it's time to show you all the shots that caused this whole mess.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the fourth one is super low quality on a phone so i'm just putting the whole thing up so you can all appreciate it fully
    [​IMG]

and the story of what happened is as follows:
    So everything was fine on Saturday, until about 5:00 PM. At that point, a public thread was made in the staff section with these screenshots attached demanding an explanation and saying that "this was the last straw but I'll give you both the chance to explain yourselves."

Now, the chat that these screens are from was a private chat that involved quite a few staff members, but not Blaine. It was, to me at least, a safe space to vent about any problems that a lack of communication or an odd quirk (like calling yourself "Lord" a lot) might cause. It was a private chat, and there was a breach of trust in sending these screenshots to the person who is being discussed in them.

Before anyone asks, I did not reply to that thread. I could not compose myself enough on Saturday to do so. I was in tears from the stress and drama that the thought of a mole in our group brought. It's no secret that I'd wanted this position for a long time prior to getting it in 2014, and it's also not a secret that I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on staff and I have loved helping to serve the community that I've been a part of for so many years. I have tried my best to get along with everyone in the community, and in general I avoid being rude to people who do not deserve it.

However, this lack of communication between our new site owner and the staff, in my eyes, was the first in a long line of problems that lead to our "dishonorable discharge," as it were. Tale was originally the only one under fire, but as a friend of his as well as a teammate, I could not stand for it. I tried to have them resolve the situation in a calm discussion over discord, and was immediately told that there was an unwritten "three strikes rule" that was never disclosed to any of us, and certainly not disclosed to the member that these strikes were against.
    Somehow, things had calmed down, but immediately after tensions all but disappeared these shots were sent to Blaine, essentially ensuring that we were screwed and that there was no hope no matter what we said. Hell, he even confirmed that nothing we said could've changed his mind in a private message to the both of us, and then had the gall to say that because we acknowledged the hopelessness of our own situation instead of "apologizing" for information that was sent in a private chat we were just proving him right.

I'd also like to include a quote from the end of that justification, straight from the mouth of our dear "Lord and Owner" Blaine himself.

When I heard these words, I was speechless. I don't think that I have ever been so upset at such a blatant lie before in my life, and that's saying something.

He claimed that tale and I had "bullied" him, and he used a private chat that he was not included in as justification for that claim. But as someone who has actually been bullied in their lifetime, and as someone who would not intentionally try to hurt anyone with comments like this (as proved by the fact that all this was said in a private chat, without any intention to EVER bring it up to him), his above statement, along with others that have been sent to tale and I, threats to use his power as admin against us, and justification that he "could've banned all of us when he first got the site, but didn't want to start off like that" and essentially say that he wasn't as big of a dick as he could've been, speak for themselves. Yes, there was bullying. Yes, it was between the two aforementioned parties. But as to who was bullying who, you can decide that for yourselves.

It hurts to be told that people are "sick of your ****" and that you only have yourself to blame for this kind of betrayal. It hurts to think that someone you've worked with for over two years and potentially known for longer would so easily stab you in the back for what seems like a position of power in the "new world order."

However, I have put that aside to state the facts to you from my point of view. Yes, I may be a bit biased and yes my emotions may shine through this long wall of text, but I am trying to back up my claims with as much evidence as I can (with the screenshots and the quote).

Also, when I said that I couldn't reply to the thread in the staff section on Saturday, it was true. But I did write up a reply. A strongly worded one, in fact. But I kept it to myself more as a way to "vent" about the issues than seem confrontational and upset our fickle owner even further. If this seems emotional, let's just say that the word doc is going to open the floodgates (quite literally, as I was in tears for a good 10 hours on Saturday following the betrayal). Here it is for anyone interested: https://mega.nz/#!AIERCQAC!-18ojAq9bIlo2tEv0iqDepY5P0RVTXdjE5jicuqL-OY

odds are this will be deleted and i'll be banned, but should that be the case please just remember all of this

please remember that i love you all and that anyone who's willing to play traitor for power like this is not trustworthy

please remember that KHV has been my home for going on 7 years now, and i do not want to see it fall into disarray over this drama

i only want to show you all the truth. from my pov at least.

take care all~

PS only three people could've sent the screens since EE is a UK cell provider
    Enzy and CLaw have no motive (and i trust enzy with my goddamn life)
    i trust that you guys can do the math there since only one other person on staff rn is in the UK for any reason at all, even, potentially, a vacation

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. Arch Mana Knight

Well this has been one whole messy affair. Things need to be done much much in the future if there's going to be any progress from this. And even then, there's still more than a vague "just handle things better" left to do.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Well **** man, if this is how the site is going, I want no part of it.

It's a shame to see that a site that was so wonderful has gone to such **** in the past couple of months with the ownership changes. A site needs love and care to grow, it needs more than just being in it for the money or for owning the site.

It really sucks that you and tale were put through this, Cat. It really does. I've known you guys for about 5 years, and personally for about 3. You guys have ALWAYS been a joy to talk to and it's been wonderful seeing you guys on the site. When I saw the words "bullying" with your names, I thought I was going crazy. It seemed like such an outlandish thought. But I definitely see it was just a way for our dear owner to cover up his corrupt ways. Unwritten three strike rules? That's not okay. You have to let people know what they do wrong. Problems don't just go away, you have to face them. Any reasonable person knows that.

The way things are going with this site, it's gonna die. No one will want to be around. If staff members are dropping left and right, I forsee death in the future. Of this site and of our connections. It goes against the opposite of what Kingdom Hearts is all about and that's wrong.

But who cares about that, right? Just as long as no one disputes our "grand overlord" and his opinions. Just follow the mama duck, kiddies. It'll all be okay.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Archiving the thread and the mega.[DOUBLEPOST=1468873593][/DOUBLEPOST]Please remember to turn on your adblock, folks.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  5. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

what a read, boy howdy. i think someone ought to say sorry for screenshoting a god damn private chat, lol.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I have no idea who the other UK staff is so I can't do the math

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

To see what this site has become is very... disheartening (pun not intended). I mean I grew up on here-- I was 12 when I joined. Sure I wasn't the most active for a lot of mine time but I still grew up here.

Tale, Cat, you deserved so much better than to be betrayed by a friend. I hope they are ashamed of themselves, but they probably won't be. Like I had to do myself with a server I worked on, move on and find better. It is out there and you deserve it.

It's sad that after everything KHV has been though, this is how it may die.

Oh and to the person that betrayed them, remember Brutus and Judas are in the Ninth Circle of Hell :)

9. Arch Mana Knight

This. Even though I don't have any desire to go out and say some hateful stuff to the other staff member. There's been enough of that going around as it is.

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Cal's the mole.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't want to say anything hateful. I just want to know.`

12. Karuta Reborn

[​IMG]

left is cal's phone
    right is leaked screen

work it out everybody

13. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Well it definitely ain't rocket science now.

I wonder who's gonna get promoted to admin :rolleyes:

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

HOW IS YOUR FINGER BIGGER AT NIGHT

15. Arch Mana Knight

Same. There's been enough bull to go around on both sides. A lot of people have forgotten the meaning of professionalism. You don't start talking smack about someone you work with behind their backs with other people you work with. At the same time, the way punishment was handled was just plain poor and there's no excuse for that behavior either.

The rest of the site devolving to the level of children with the amount of flaming going is also in poor taste.

Annnnnndddd...it seems like it was Cal. Nothing more to say about that I guess.

16. Mish smiley day!

Maybe don't talk about punching people in throats behind their back next time lol.

17. Pinekaboo Chaser

Remember to bottle up your feelings and never share your negative thoughts with people who care and want to support you, kids. The internet says That's Bad.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

19. Arch Mana Knight

Or better yet, handle it like an adult. There are healthier ways of dealing with stress and when you believe you are being mistreated.

20. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Getting up and walking away seems healthy to me. Many of them are worried about their well being and put themselves first in this particular situation. Seems to have worked out just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.