Rep info

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Peace and War, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

...phew, I just barely have that...

The old reputation requirement was laughable. Like 200 or something?

2. Arch Mana Knight

I'd love it if 3000 was the minimum rep requirement.

EDIT: Seems like a staffie agrees. >8D

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

*whimpering* Aww, but if you do that, how many of us premiums right now will lose that? If you're considering adding a Rep requirement, you should at least make it smaller than 3000

4. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

It started at 100, but was raised to 200 at some point I think.
    Well back in the day getting 100 rep was really tough (since everyone's rep power was like 2 or 3 >_>), so it wasn't really laughable. By today's standards though, it is pretty bad. Still, rep whoring was a lot worse because of it. People repped for any stupid reason back then like commenting on stories or joining a family

5. Hayabusa Venomous

True that. I don't think Premium requirements should be too hard, nor should they be too easy. Its not like we have that many more privileges than regular users (I've only changed my username once...). Maybe have a rep requirement of like, 1500-2000. Not too hard I would think?

"The Premium usergroup is the only one that you can enter without being considered a staff member. The only requirement is that you must have 1000 posts, and then you will be automatically promoted to the group. Premium Members are allowed to have larger avatars and signatures, a colored username, a custom usertitle, their own secret section, unlimited name changes, and more."

6. Mish smiley day!

I wouldn't mind the rep requirement being re-introduced. Even if people do start rep-whoring again, so what? To achieve premiumship, you still need to have the 1000 posts.

It seems a shame that the reputation system is a little pointless at the minute.

7. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Well I don't know, why don't you guys make an official suggestion or something. >:\ It's not like you guys can accomplish anything by posting it here.

8. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I'd say that 1,500 is a reasonable amount. I would prefer repwhoring rather than postwhoring.

Postwhoring leads to crappy posts in post counting discussion, repwhoring could at least lead to funny posts.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*gets ready to say bye-bye to premiumship*

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

If it was brought back I would have said 1000, but to be honest- how much of a difference would it make? I prefer rep just being a nicer add on and not completely taken seriously as there could end up being a bit of upset about unfair dereps and stuff. There was a reason it was abolished.

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I think I made this suggestion before. It might have just been a rant though.

I like 1,500. And you make some good points.

12. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

A new premship requirement doesn't have to be retroactive lol. The way I see it, there's two choices if we implement it:
    Either de-prem those who don't have the necessary rep, or just keep the current prems and make it harder for future members.
    Both choices are unfair though, aren't they? That's the problem with implementing a new requirement.

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I don't think it should have a REP points needed to be Premium, after all you have the option to disable it if you don't want to participate on this.

Just my opinion, don't throw things at me. D:.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yes, this person is speaking wisely. Listen to the very smart person that has the name of a smart and trigger happy person that has an obession with the Doctor and travels through time and space just to see him and call him "Sweetie". By the way, I did mention trigger happy right?

Well, at least this is giving me a chance to make a dramatic, even though it's not really, yell

15. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Be easy to obtain. I can get that in 1-2 nights if I go on rampages like I did 3 days ago.

16. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

fyi you can't really disable rep. You only hide your rep gems. At least, that's what happens when you "disable it" last time I checked.

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Disabling it doesn't remove the numbers at all. And it was a requirement for a while.

Plus rep isn't hard to get. I have 2,800ish. And I always leave lol.

EDIT: Damn ninjas.

18. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

19. Daenerys Targaryen ok

20. Hayabusa Venomous

How much rep you got?