9/11/2001 Remembrance Thread - 9/11/2012

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amaury, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's been 11 years since the attack happened, with last year being the 10-year anniversary, so let's have a moment of silence to remember all of those brave souls that lost their lives and those that had to deal with the loss of family members or a family member.ls.

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

For 9/11, I decided to do a listen through Christopher Titus's "The 5th Annual End of the World Tour". A lot about what he says revolves around how the aftermath of 9/11 affect him personally, as well as how he saw it affected the United States as a whole.

I really love the jokes in this one, and it's one of my more favorite comedy albums. The thing with Christopher Titus is that he always has some kind of deep, thoughtful message inside of his shows. For this show, he talks about how bad things happen in the world that we can't control, but the one thing we can do is live through it and try to be better people because of it (he also talks about his dad's passing a few months prior to the attacks).

I'm not able to find a link to the show on YouTube, but it is definitely something that is worth listening to.

3. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Unfortunately, I didn't really do much today for 9/11, but I remember being young and not understanding what was going on. It's kind of funny now thinking how you would see the world through eyes of innocence.

I also remember that in NYC, the musical Les Miserables sold out on every night after the attack, as a means of escapism from reality. As an actress, that's really something that we have to provide to the audience and people during such times of sadness and pain. I'll definitely take it to the heart as I venture more into my acting career.

Never forget, indeed.