Sigma || ooc

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sessamaru, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

Accepted.

I may start the RP soon. Either later on today, tomorrow,or Friday. Depending...

2. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

B-bump!

The RP is up and running, folks ^^

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Username: Feenie
    Name: Rita
    Magic: Aquamancy
    Specialization: Spellcaster
    Appearance: Here
    Background: Rita grew up in a fairly small, peaceful village which wasn't bothered and never had been bothered by war. She lived a very quiet life, no problems ever stood in her way as she lived life happily and almost care free, believing it would always stay that way throughout her whole existence. However, one day the village declared a "no magic" policy - after having a close shave with some malicious necromancers who had raided their village for some fun - and that all users of magic should be banished from the area. Considering Rita had been very interested in the study of magic from a young age, she was forced out of the comfort of her home into the wilderness, her family had done nothing to defend her and she was completely miserable about it. She lived alone for years, teaching herself about the ways of magic to distract her and negate some of the anger that boiled inside of her.
    Personality: Rita can be very cold at times and usually very serious and unfriendly, often making some sarcastic comments. She is also quite hot headed, and will erupt very easily if enraged or provoked with something. However, if a close relationship is built, she will open up and become a lot friendlier towards people.
    Equipment: She carries around a long sash infused with magic, which she uses when utilising her powers (Like a magician with a wand), also some old books about magic which she reads over frequently for a distraction if necessary.
    Other: ---

4. Jayn

[COLOR="#d23838d"]Will post either today or tomorrow. Sorry for the wait. ;c[/COLOR]​

5. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

Accepted. Thank you for showing interest ^^

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Bump! Let's get this rp moving already, someone needs to reply to Tahlia but the sooner this gets going the better, seems a shame to let a good rp die so soon.

7. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

I am slightly vexed at this RP due to its characters. I absently accepted "generics", also known as "the anti-social monkeys". Damn the anti-social characters and their popularity. -_-"

Nevertheless, I really don't want to introduce the Professor just yet. I'd prefer if everyone just did something. Otherwise there would really be no reason to have this RP around if everyone is just... boring. Shades of grey and all that...

8. Jayn

I personally feel that if you want something interesting to happen, you as the GM have to set up an interesting scenario to play. I do not want to engage in idle/generic conversation with another character that will ultimately end in awkwardness because the role-players are waiting for the scenario to shift to something with more variables.

Personally I'm saving any massive creativity for when we're out of the classroom. There's not much to be done here but talk or listen depending on what the professor does when he's introduced.

I'd be happy to contribute more if I felt there was more to contribute to this situation, without leaving the classroom or being disruptive. That, and I've just been swamped in general so lately I've gotten into the habit of posting when necessary or extremely interested (not since like 2009...maybe) rather than posting to post. ;__;

/opinion

9. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

Excuse me, Jayn... but the tone of your post was actually quite condescending. Unnecessarily so. Nevertheless, I will not lecture you about my own intent about this scenario of my RP. Even though I should since it is my responsibility as a GM... So, I'll just post an update to amuse the rest of you.

10. Jayn

Updated my post before I read yours.

I apologize for the tone. Lack of color/formatting means I've just woken up and am on my iPod. So it was half-asleepness and trying to be swift since typing on my iPod is annoying for me, not intentional rudeness. Actually I'm still half asleep. xD

I think you understand what I was trying to say altogether. I just meant that me personally, (not anyone else, I don't know about everyone else) was waiting for the professor (or for something to happen before then) before posting again and that I will likely post more frequently when I feel I can come up with something creatively less generic than idle chatter.

I didn't mean the role play is boring or that you're at fault, I just meant that since you're kind of like the leader in my eyes at least, I believe your plot contribution will inspire more of an interesting response.

Edit...Again, sorry; I notice it with my own role plays, which annoys me. I always feel like I have to carry the role play or it won't go anywhere because people can't seem to find something to post without my guidance, despite my desire for equal contribution and fluid posting, whether it's lead by me or not. But I think that's what most people are comfortable with...It's not until now that I've realized I'm doing it too. I'll post soon.

11. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

I accept your apology. But you also must understand, as a GM yourself, what I am trying to accomplish here. GMs always have a reason for what they do. I never do anything "accidentally" in my own RPs. Everything I do is intentional. But, sometimes I give too much credit to individual people. Not their faults, it's mine for thinking that everyone thinks the way I do. Which I'm glad they don't. If people were to have that sort of mind, they'd go insane, kill people, commit suicide, or just be a cranky old hermit throwing shoes at people's heads and verbally abusing them about their mothers being hamsters. x.x

Nevertheless, for the mercy of everyone, I'll move along the RP in the direction you all want to go... for now... >=D

Edit: Due to a minor set back, the post won't be around for a few hours due to... well... dog-sitting. Again. Because no one wants to be home and give me a break -_-"

12. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

*bump!*

Ahah! I finally got it posted. That post, believe it or not, was actually quite challenging. I'm so scatter-brained... it should be slightly evident in the post. Nevertheless, enjoy the update!

13. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

Triple post of doom!

Folks, I'm going to be a tad bit late in posting. I'm in a lot of RPs, so it's going to take me a bit to recuperate. I also wish for a post from everyone else.

14. Jayn

I will be posting today.~

15. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

Alright... your grumpy, cynical GM is going to be gone this weekend. When I return, you'll get your long awaited update. I had writer's block for a bit (I had forgotten what I was going to do for this scenario), but it's gone. Nevertheless, I apologize for not updating. So expect a post Monday and perhaps a far more happier, less-cynical GM to take my place... I'll give you a hint: he's equally as insane as me.

It's me :P

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Um...bump? I don't want this rp to die.

17. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

I just realized that Faust would sound like Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. Awesome.

Oh, and... uh... update. I have plans for Alyss and Karasu, so... have a field day, Jayn :P

18. Jayn

FFFFF. Okay. xD
    Will post either tomorrow or Saturday. ~

19. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ooh, you've just made things really difficult, I'm not sure what to do now. Question is your character hurt? And if so how badly? It might affect what Tahlia does (she's a healer after all).

20. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

From everyone's perspective, it looked like a kill-shot. However, the worst that it did was knock the air out of him, so he's probably a bit banged up, but nothing serious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.