Soul Eater- A Witch's Academy is on the Rise?

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

"Not an academy for witches," Zoey corrected Kirby. "All I heard is that kids like us are going there. Which witch is it runned by?" She shook her head, not knowing the answer to that one. "I think Lord Deah will tell us in the orientation."

Seeing that he was catching up to Zoey, Kirby, and Merlie, Koji glanced at Fay and Lea and grinned. "Hey, do you want to sit with us in our little group? I'm sure we can fit one row."

Sekira looked at Angel as soon as she was finised speaking at looked at her for a long time. 'Vegence and gaining honor... revenge is what she seeks. If I'm her partner, I'll have to cooperate with her ideas...' Feeling that the witch was looking at her direction, Sekira lift up her gaze and looked directly at the witch. She wanted to try to take her chances now. "Yes Lady Medusa," she said in a clear, confident voice.

"Yes Lady Medusa," Grendel mumbled. That was almost a too easy question to answer, but something about Medusa made him respond. It was weird to describe it. His eyes shifted to his partner, making sure she was still by his side. Something about Terra calmed him down. If he was on edge, she was there to make sure that he stayed calmed.

Hearing someone laugh and yell almost like Black Star, but a little more femine and bubblier, Maka turned just in time to see a small girl get up and walk into the academy. Something didn't feel quite right about the girl... Maka turned to see that a pigeon had flown off where the girl was standing before. Suddenly feeling suspicious, she raised an eyebrow. 'Was she just talking to that pigeon? Or was it just my imagination? Before the girl could escape from her sight, Maka whirled from the group and looked straight at the girl. She brieflly closed her eyes. 'Soul preception.' and then her eyes opened again, focusing straight on the girl.

Maka only caught a glimsp of the soul, but something bothered her. She couldn't see it clearly. Sure, she disappeared around the corner so she couldn't get a good look... but there was more to it than that. Maka kept staring at the door where the girl disappeared to, not sure what to do or what to think. She didn't even hear Kid with Liz and Patty come and join the group.

Seeing that they were coming towards their friends, Patty smiled and giggled. She placed her hands behind her back as she walked, trying to conceal her excitement.

"Attention all academy students. Attention all academy students. Please report to the audiotorium for the school's orientation immediantly. This will be a very important orientation concerning about the new academy that has appeared in the Great Abyss. Please attend. We will begin in five minutes." And with that, the announcer clicked off the speakers.

BIC:

"Let's see... this should be the last one," Sid said as he took down the last arrow sign that showed the way to the audiotorium. He knew the left overs were students who were here before, so the arrows weren't necessary. Plus, it was safety precaution just in case. Holding the signs with the arrows on them under one arm, the big blue man walked down the hallway in the opposite direction of the audiotorium.

2. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Angel nodded at Medusa's question. "Correct." Her eyes had a distant look to them. She was still lost in the past. She wasn't back in the present. Past memories still burned through her mind. Angel didn't even realize that there was a missing memory. The memory of the meeting with Medusa. Suddenly Angel remembered Sekira's clear voice replying to Medusa's previous question. About why they were here. Hmmm.....if she were my partner....I don't think our ideals would clash. That much. We could kill two birds with one stone. We could make it work.

3. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Can't wait to hear this," Kirby muttered. He tried to make it sound sarcastic, like he knew everything already and didn't need to be told it, but he actually was curious. He wanted to know what everyone else knew.

Merlie pursed her lips in thought. She was forming hypothesises of what Death would tell them. Then a terrible thought came to mind: Is the Kishin still alive? Was he never really defeated?! No. No, that can't be it. That's the worst-case-scenario. Calm down, Merlie, and just wait like everyone else.

"Hey, Maka," Soul waved his hand in front of her face. His partner was acting weird again; and he didn't want to be late to Lord Death's announcement. After everything they'd gone through, he was gonna be pretty mad if it was in vain. Nonchalantly, he asked, "What are you staring at?"

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

"Huh?" Maka snapped back into reality as soon as Soul waved a hand in front of her and looked over her shoulder at him. Seeing that he was trying to figure out what she was looking at, she turned her attention back to the area where she last saw the girl. "I thought..." But then she trailed off. She didn't have any valid reason to suspect something. She did only catch a glimsp of the girl after all. "I just thought I saw something. I'm not too sure..."

5. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Death the kid looked over at the speakers that had just informed the students of the orientation and closed his eyes "come Liz and Patty its best we do not be late" Death the kid said as he began to walk to the Auditorium

"a new academy? I wonder this is all about" Seth said as he looked over at the speaker and glanced over at Drake "well just standing here wont answer that question. Lets go Drake" Seth said and he walked towards the auditorium with Drake following close behind. "Now let me see if I could remember where the auditorium is" Seth muttered but immediately stopped in shock "what the heck happened to you Sid" Seth said shocked at the undead Sid

6. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Let's get going too," Soul said to Maka. He, like all the others, wanted to know what this new academy was all about. He reminded himself to talk to Maka later about what she thought she'd seen. As her partner, he knew not to take her for granted. "Sounds like we've got some important information headed our way." Soul was having a bit of trouble coping with the idea of something dangerous headed their way again after all they'd just fought through.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

"Right!" Patty said with enthusiasm and puched her right fist into the air." She just wanted to get inside to see the new kids.

Maka decided to let go the feeling that something was off about the girl she saw and go with the rest of the group to check this orientation out. Her partner was right, it did sound very serious. Especially since even the old students were asked to come to the new students presentation. "Alright, let's go then." She saw Kid with Liz and Patty just walk in the school and smiled. "Looks like Kid and his partners made it to school." And with that, Maka followed after them expecting the others to follow after.

"Huh?" Sid saw Seth and Drake and rubbed the back of his head in confusion. Being undead and all, sometimes he forgot his previous life and who he came in contact with. But if someone jogged his memory just right, he would remember. But the boys seemed familiar to him. "Do I know you two? Ah, never mind that! You guys should head over to the audiotorium, the student orientation is about to begin."

8. Doukuro Chaser

"Of course." Terra answered, in case her partner's reply went unheard. She then noticed Grendel look towards her and gave him a small smile, just in case he needed the extra lift. But she quickly turned her attention back to the witch so no trouble would be caused.

Tsubaki nodded once everyone started to head to the destinated area. She was a it worried when Maka seemed distracted, but besides that short moment she was able to see all of her friends happy and meeting new people, and that was good. Along with Black Star and the others, Tsubaki followed the arrows along to the audiotorium. Her smile faded as they neared the place. What could this possibly be about?

9. khmage1918 King's Apprentice

Fae looked around, walking in large strides. Following a few arrow signs led her to a blue man. She pondered him, but tried to keep her focus on the arrows. Soon enough, she had made it to orientation. "So many people..." she cooed, a baby voice. Then a hint of nervousness in the back of her head overwhelmed the bird Witch.
    Fae breathed her negativity out, not willing to show it. That could give her away, it was too early for that. Looking through all the faces, she used Soul Perception to at least get a brief review of those around her.

10. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Seth crossed his arms in confusion but then decided to forget about it and nodded "alright it was good to see you again. Just to remind you I am Seth and thats Drake. We left the academy a while back" Seth said as him and Drake continued on their way

Death the kid continued on his way and walked with Liz and Patty until they reached the auditorium now what is this about a new academy? Father has not said anything about it until today Kid thought to himself

11. Aura Goddess

Lea looked towards Fay when she heard Koji's question. She stared at her partner for a moment, her eyes asking her partner if she wanted to sit with them. Fay simply shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms; Lea smiled and quickly turned back towards Koji. "Sure," she said.

***​

"Good," Medusa repeated. She sat up straight, lowering her hands down on her lap as her eyes wandered throughout the room, setting her eyes on any student. "The DWMA is run Lord Death himself," she stated. "Weapons and Meisters work together to collect kishin eggs to protect Death City." Medusa closed her eyes, lowering her head slightly. "However, that is not something you children with be doing. You children will be going after human souls."

***​

Liz nodded her head in response and followed after Kid, perking an eyebrow when she saw all of the students when they arrived in the auditorium. She cocked her head, her eyes wandering around the room. "Hey, Kid," Liz called. "What exactly is this orientation going to be about, anyway?"

12. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Soul waited with the others until the new students had filed in and taken seats. He didn't really care where he sat as long as he could hear what was being said, and that wouldn't be a problem in this big place. He walked with Maka to a row of seats that was left open near the middle-back of the auditorium. There were just enough seats for the seven of them to sit together.
    Soul sauntered to the end of the row and sat down, putting his feet up on the chair in front of him. He looked over at everyone else and gave them his half-grin, expecting them to follow him.

Kirby sat down next to Merlie and their new friends. He was anxious to hear what was going to be said about this "new academy." With Merlie by him, he put his hand on the armrest that separated their chairs.

Merlie placed her hand on top of Kirby's. She was very surprised to find it trembling. Is he excited or scared? I can't tell. She kept her thoughts to herself and just squeezed Kirby's hand to let him know she was with him one-hundred percent.

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

OOC: For all those in the DWMA who haven't posted just yet, I know your characters are still coming... and I don't want to be a powerplayer... but I kind of want to just get this student orientation done and over with. ^^; So either have your character sitting there already, or walk in late. This is one of the rare occasions where I try to push things along, so don't be scared. Post when you can. ^^

BIC:

Maka walked over to where Soul was and plopped down in the seat next to him. She then had a look around the place. She spotted some new students here and there, but they weren't numerous like the previous years. 'Something must be up...' Then Maka spotted something out of the ordinary. There was a girl in front of them with a blindfold tied around her eyes, trying to make her way down the row of chairs. Maka watched as she sat by two other kids. and raised an eyebrow. 'A blind student...?' Maka never knew a blind student who been to this academy before, but here was one sitting in front of her and Soul. So many questions ran through her mind about the girl, but she let her thoughts come back to the current situation.

She saw that the girl wasn't alone, for a boy around her age sat down by her and smiled at her. Maka smiled slightly, seeing the connection almost immediately. 'A miester, and a weapon... New students who are already partners...' She sensed more in front of her; for example, the boy and girl that the blind girl sat by. And there were two others next to the boy who seemed like they were already partners too. This was rare...

Koji leaned over to Zoey and cupped his hand over her ear. "Hey, I got you knew friends to meet after the orientation."

Zoey turned her head to Koji, smiling softly. "You're just really determind, aren't you?"

"I sure am!" Koji said with a wink, and then turned back around when someone walked on the stage. He almost felt his heart stop beating when he saw what was on the stage. 'Is that...? Is that a zombie?!'

Sid, who hurried to get to the stage on time, stood in front of a canvas covering. He looked over the students, waiting for their chatter to die down. As soon as the audience was hushed enough, Sid decided to begin. "Welcome new students to the Demon Weapon Miester Academy. Welcome back old students. My name is Sid, and I'm one of the teachers here. I can possibly be your teacher, but that's for a different time." Sid looked around the auditorium, spotting some new students here and there." For new students, you're here at the DWMA because you want to help protect the world from evil. In the world, there are humans that abandon their life as a human and go on the path of an Evil human, a path that transforms them into evil beings that kill innocent humans for their pure souls. When enough is consumed, the Evil human can transform into a dangerous being called a Kishin. Your job is to stop those evil humans. Most of you already have partners, so I won't go through the whole boring details about finding a partner with the right soul wavelength and blah, blah, blah. There will be a different orientation afterwards for those who don't have partners. All students, you are allowed to fight each other at any given time. However, you need a staff member present to witness the fight. We don't want anyone to get seriously hurt. Old students, it's your job to take the new students under your wing and teach them all that you know. Bad times are heading our way. We need everyone's help and cooperation."

Sid paused for a moment, making sure that the students were paying attention. They were. Good. He cleared his throat and started again. "As you can see, we're short on new students this year. Most of you are probably wondering about that. To simply put it, there's a new threat on the rise." Sid stepped back to the canvas and pulled it away, revealing a very large mirror. "Lord Death will be addressing this threat." Sid stepped back and stood in the shadows while the other students were murmuring in low voices amongst themselves.

The mirror stood empty for several seconds... then a picture started to form on the mirror. Lord Death appeared and waved to the audience. "Hiya kids! It's good to see you, good to see you!" Lord Death lowered his hand so he almost looked like a figure without arms. He jumped back from the mirror a little so that the students could get a better view of him. "Sorry I can be there personally, but I have to stay in the Death Room," he said to the new students who didn't know. Now it was time to get straight to the point. "Most of you already know what Sid is talking about, but I bet most of you don't know what he really means by a new threat. An old enemy to the DWMA has appeared in the Great Abyss. That old enemy is Medusa the Witch. From the information we've gathered, she has created a new academy. This academy is called the Dark Souls Academy."

Lord Death allowed a chance for students to take the new information in, then he began again. "They have the same ideas as us, collecting souls to becoming stronger, but it's the wrong kind of souls. They're collecting pure human souls. Most of the kids that are there are the kids that vanished from Death City a few weeks ago. There will be new rules this year, and I'm not trusting all of you to follow them word by word... But if you choose to break them, you choose to accept the consequences." Lord Death was becoming more and more serious within the speech, but then he suddenly extended his big hands out and lightened his tone.

"So the rules go as follows; Don't go near the Great Abyss for any reason unless you have special permission from me." Lord Death then tilted his head in a comical way and stayed like that. "Okay, that's it! New students without partners, stay in the auditorium to receive the actual orientation. Oh, and I need the following students to come to the Death Room as soon as you can. If you don't know where it's at, just follow the crowd! Maka, Soul, Black Star, Tsubaki, Kid, Liz, Patty, Kirby, Merlie, Fay, Drake, Seth, Zoey, and Koji. Thank you very much and have a great day! Byeeee~!" And then the mirror become blank again.

Sid stepped in front of the mirror again, looking over the crowd of students. "The students that were just called may go to the Death Room now. Old students may leave also. New students, stay here for the rest of the orientation."

Sekira looked at Medusa, staying quiet. She understood what Medusa meant. Medusa did tell her after all what was going to be happening.

Grendel also remained quiet as he looked ahead. Just thinking about getting his hands on those human souls made his fingers twitch slightly.

OOC: Bleh heh! That was long. DX

14. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Angel shouldn't have been surprised since Medusa had told her this before. Still, the thought of reaping souls was a shock regardless. She just wasn't used to the idea yet. Especially considering how she was once a hero. I've thrown away that sword. Lord Death can't be considered a grim reaper anymore. He's not reaping the souls of the dead, he's just taking the souls of the evil ones, which is far too few in number. We're doing this to help bring down the population of humans so that the human race won't reach its carrying capacity. If it has one. Better safe than sorry. Angel nodded to herself affirming this idea. So that life may continue in the future.

15. khmage1918 King's Apprentice

Fae stiffened as her name was called. She wanted to argue. After all, she was a new student! No partner, but she knew about Medusa. That flared up her annnoyance. She breathed it out, getting up. Maybe Lord Death already knew? Her secret was short-lived, oh well.
    Fae walked out, then waited for the other students to come out. "Why does Lord Death want some new student like ME? I don't even have a PARTNER!" she growled to herself. She combed through the pompoms, seeking comfort, similar to rubbing one's arms when nervous. "Mama Duck'll get mad if I get in trouble."

16. Maka Albarn It's called love

OOC: Ah man! Did I really just do that!? DDDX You're name is spelled similar to Fay... I meant her... But do you still want to be called to Lord Death's office? O.o

17. khmage1918 King's Apprentice

ooc: Bahaha xD Nice
    And I dunno, besides, why not? Besides, something's BOUND to happen

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

OOC: Okay then, you'll be called to the Death Room. ^^; Oh ho, I just thought of something to save us from my mistake. You could've thought it was you who was being called... Since their name sounds similiar to one another, eh?

19. khmage1918 King's Apprentice

Fae waited for the other students, getting impatient. "Remember those names and faces. It'll be important." She mumbled, tapping her foot.
    ooc: That could work ^^

20. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"What? Why are we being called to the Death Room?" Kirby stood up from his seat. He didn't really know what the Death Room was or what happened in there; it sounded like something bad though. "Did we break some kind of school rule already?"

"I don't think that's it," Merlie answered, standing with Kirby. She bit her lip in thought. Going over the names in her head again, she tried to think of a reason why they'd be with the other weapons and miesters called. It's strange, but I think we're about to become part of something big.

"Hey, your names were called too!" Kirby eyed Zoey and Koji, waving his arms in the air above his head. Confused as he was, Kirby still had the excited energy any student had on a first day of school; especially one in his situation. "Got any idea what this is about?"

Soul let out a big sigh and got to his feet, his hands in his pockets. He was about to demand if Kid had a clue about what was going on or knew anything about this Medusa business, but a boy in bright orange caught his attention. Soul looked over to see the kid flailing his arms. He wondered why the boy was wearing bright orange, but decided very quickly not to care. Then a more peculiar sight snagged Soul's attention. A girl near the spaztic boy had cloth over her eyes.
    "Maka, is that a blind student?"

OOC: ZOMG! Post 100!! =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.