Community Still Alive 【KHVC Anniversary Special!】

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Jayn, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Jayn

[​IMG]

I highly recommend full screen, HD and headphones. Some renders were changed. Sorry for any mistakes.
    Happy Birthday KHVC!

Wow. Today (the 26th) marks the one-year anniversary for KHV Chorus. I've already been mushy and emotional enough, so to sum things up, I'm really excited for year two!

Thank you for everyone's help over the past year. The support and the opportunities mean a lot. Now that we're through our first year, things should run a little smoother in the future, yeah? That being said, we're in need of a small revamp! There will be a new Voting and Suggestions thread once we get through it all, and all previous KHVC Helpers will have to renew their applications, considering most of you are gone now and I haven't really asked for any help recently.

We're in need of some people to do voice introductions for Karaoke Night, and I'm planning on launching a couple of silly contests for a KHVC Slogan (Come Sing with Us is really lame), and a KHVC video intro for all you video editors out there.

Please expect a few new and hopefully helpful changes. Everything that is updated will be bumped and you will all be made aware. Keep an eye out for the new stuff!
    [​IMG]
    Art: D i n n y

With that out of the way, surprise, the KHVC Album is done! Inside you will find some very special messages from KHVC, the album art and of course the music (along with two bonus tracks). Here is the tracklist:

1. Still Alive
    2. I'll Make a Man Out of You
    3. Simple and Clean
    4. This is Halloween
    5. Ultimate Showdown
    6. Friend Like Me
    7. Be Prepared
    8. All I Want for Christmas is You
    9. Auld Lang Syne
    10. Don't Stop Believing
    11. You'll Be in my Heart
    12. Time Warp
    13. Thriller
    14. ???
    15. ???
    If a song is missing, it's most likely intentional. Some of the songs were just impossible to re-mix or edit, mostly due to lost lines and some people's inability to replace them (and my impatience). The main focus wasn't for the songs to sound crystal clear perfect, but for people to be able to listen to them without cringing and ear-bleedage from the peaking.

Download it Here
    (This version does not have the bonus tracks or the messages. I will be updating with V2 that includes the extra stuff, including a tutorial for how to burn it /make a physical CD probably by the end of the night. But if you only want the songs and you want it now, here you go.)

Along with the reprise, album and revamps, I will be deleting all KHV Chorus related files from my laptop in preparation for the next year, including the images/renders. That means if you need something from me, please ask me now. I won't be posting the next KHVC for at least another week, so you have until October 2nd to get things from me before I delete everything.

Thanks again!

F A Q

★ First of all, yes. Anyone can join. You can even invite friends to sign up for KHV and join the chorus. As long as you have a microphone, you are welcomed to sing with us.

★ KHV Chorus is a community project, but not one SET group of people. If you sign up for one song, you are not in any way obligated to participate in any more. That being said, if you never signed up for a song before, there is no special process you have to go through. All you have to do is pick the lines of said song you want, sing them, send them and then you're done!

★ You also don't have to know how to sing. NO ONE is judging you. No one. If someone says something rude, I'll beat them up for you. But I truly don't see that happening. We're a loving bunch. Don't be intimidated! <3

★ Don't worry about your microphone quality, either. It's all for fun, after all! You don't have to feel pressured into buying a microphone for the project or anything. Whatever you have is cool.
    If you have anymore questions for me, let me know. You can PM me, profile message me, or ask the questions here. ... Wherever, really! I will answer everything that I can. If any of the new rules/requirements seem impossible for you, please let me know. I am willing to compromise and work with you. We'll figure it out. <3

Happy singing!

2. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

The video got me all teary eyed. ;_;
    Memories!~
    Great job everyone! KHVC is still in top form I see! XD

The album cover is fantastic! (Sort of biased since Namine is my favorite KH girl :p) Awesome job Dinny!

That whole statement right there interests me lol. I can do a pretty mean Sora (aka Haley Joel Osment) impersonation for voice intros, or others as well I am a voice actor after all Hahaha! (Sorry for being so obnoxious @_@) I think I came up with a few KHVC Slogans already, I may participate in that contest! And finally now that I have a proper video editing program I may try doing an intro too. @_@

Anyway the video was really well done, it wasn't until I watched it that I realized how big this thing got! Congrats everyone for making it for one year! Let's hope to be 'Still Alive' for many more years! XD

P.S. Sorry for not participating lately in KHVC, I've been pretty busy with school starting up again. x.x

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Jayn, you are a goddess. We are just your humble monkeys. The rendition was amazing, and I can tell that love was put into all of it, everything was perfect.

I feel like I should be saying more here, but there really just are no words for the magnitude of absolute exuberance that being in the KHVC has brought me, and working with everyone, and then you, the wonderful, multi-talented, very astounded person who makes it all happen. Your dedication to all of your projects is something astonishing to behold, and it's extremely admirable. How you manage to be so absolutely fantastic, I have not the slightest, it's almost as if it's magic.

I am extremely honored that I have been able to work with all of the lovely singers of KHV, and you, Jayn. It's been a immeasurable pleasure. Thank you.

4. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

rfmtk5yhthyuj7y. Amazing! Simply, amazing.

Thank you, Jayn. For thinking up this lovely idea and pulling it all together, I'm sure we're all very grateful. The cover art is stunning too, Dinny. *u*

Happy birthday, KHVC//KHV!

5. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Jayn ; ; That was absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the wait. You've done and incredible job again and again.

I know I'm fairly newish but I am so happy to have been able to work with lots of pretty voices of our dear members. Just loves you all and wanna give you all a big hug. Especially Adam.

Excellent work to all of those who have participated! Keep it going for another year <3

6. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

OMG! JAYN THAT WAS AMAZING!!!
    Happy Birthday KHV chorus!!
    That was the first ever chorus I participated in, and it was AWESOME!!! (My character looks really short compared to everyone.....)
    I hope to participate in many many more choruses(?) the next year!!

7. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

This is simply unbelievable. You are an amazing person Jayn, for persevering and sticking with KHVC for a whole year. Over that year, you've made some excellent videos with excellent singers, each one with its own special touch you've added in. It's evident that you take a lot of time for the whole KHVC process, and it has paid off! I mean, just look at what you and us have accomplished together! I still find it impossible that it's been a whole year since Still Alive... gee how the time flies...

Once again, thank you ever so gratefully Jayn! You are a truly gifted girl-- woman-- and us, not only as participants of KHVC but as a whole KHV community, are blessed to have you with us! Keep up the good work, and stick to your guns! It's worked so far, yeah? c:

8. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I'M JUST GOING TO BE A BUZZKILL RIGHT ABOUT NOW HAIHAI
    1:32 you put Judge's name instead of Ashwin's.

Oh Jayn, that was lovely. All my feels right now.
    You've been an amazing asset to the project Jayn. Thank you. You work incredibly hard on this and you don't even get paid! It's blasphemous!

I'm so glad to have taken part in this. Keep up the good work guys!

9. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Not only that, but all names were repeated there too, you know. And that happened again at 2:19-2:24, only this time even the renders remained unchanged--not to mention my name being "Judgs"--, which ended up discrediting Cookie, What? and Amethyst almost entirely for this line. You can still hear their voices though...

But I think ruining the party is not our point here, definitely not mine.

Congratulations on (y)our long-lasting, hard-working project; may it remain such for another year or so.

I think this little fungus is going to have a great time failing horribly at singing here again. It's not like this is the only place I dare to, anyway.

10. super_rocker_90 Traverse Town Homebody

but there is no cake in kingdom hearts its all a lie ! D : lol but great video ^^

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

ASDFGHJKLDHYGTSDFHRDF YOU'RE ALL SO GOOD ; w ;

I am also interested by this "karaoke night introductions" thing. What all would this entail? .o.

12. Jayn

Fixed the video via annotations. I had basically stayed up for two days straight so derp.

Thank you all for your comments. <:

@GB; You're not obnoxious at all! I stumbled across your Sora manga role the other night on VAA, so I definitely get you there. xD You sound very much like him! You and Mike should team up--*shot*

@Tale: They would pretty much be the standard "you're listening to KHV Choruses Karaoke Night, hope you have fun, blargh" stuff. You would just talk, loool. And maybe some outros, too.

13. super_rocker_90 Traverse Town Homebody

stayed up for two nights ? o-o then what r u doing here ? D : u need sleep girl : D lol.

14. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

T__T *sob* jayn you're too nice to us!!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

That actually sounds kinda fun. I'd love to do some of that. : D

16. DualBladeRoxas

Imagine Portal in Kingdom Hearts... Now that's what I'd call a Kingdom Hearts "mix" xD

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Oh my glob, you guys. Such talents. Feels everywhere.
    I wish I could hug all of you. You're all so amazing - this one was truly special! Absolutely, lovely!

It's really cool to see the KHV Album out now! Yay!
    I'm very happy to make a contribution to this n _ n
    DOWNLOADING AWAY <3

Oh, and Jayn, super special shout out to you love! You're so amazing. Really. It's mind-blowing. You're so great and talented iluuu