Tales from the Saber

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Pinekaboo, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

OOC: Oh, ugh, not chocolate chip mint...

IC: After asking about DT's love (again), ask him why he is onboard the Saber, how this is the maiden voyage, and why he did not think of tilting the bed so it could go through sideways.

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

You ask DarkTraitor why he loves you so much.
    ...he doesn't seem to understand what you mean, and states something about 'just being loyal to the Captain'.
    DarkTraitor would never say something so formal-sounding to you. You are too close friends with one-another.

You ask DarkTraitor why he is on the Saber, how this is the MAIDEN VOYAGE, and why he didn't think of tilting YOUR BED so it could got through the DOORWAY sideways.
    He replies that he was recruited like everyone else, that it is the MAIDEN VOYAGE because the Saber hasn't made a voyage yet, and that your idea is silly, because your door is wider than it is tall.

Marushi
    >?

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Break part of the doorway to get it out then fix it.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Make a mental note to get the stupid door fixed next time we're in orbit. Ask DT what our maiden voyage is to be and what our current destination is.

5. Krown King's Apprentice

>_Walks away to room to eat more chocolate mint icecream.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

OOC: Urgh, Kingdom, Y U keep making me eat choco chip mint ice cream? Stop it!

IC: Throw up the chocolate chip ice cream and drink a Dr. Pepper to recover.

7. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Just go with it and order Loxare to head out.

8. Pinekaboo Chaser

You are not quite strong enough to bend or break metal with your current equipment and are therefore unable to do this.

The door is not technically broken, but you dislike the design of it. You add changing it to your mental notes.
    You quickly ask where the ship's MAIDEN VOYAGE will be taking them.
    He replies "Where no man has boldly gona before."
    You do so enjoy references.

You are both out of CHOCOLATE-MINT ICECREAM, and not stupid enough to ingest another.

You break open a CAN OF DR. PEPPER, your favourite drink, and ingest it.
    The cool, refreshing taster of DR. PEPPER recovers you back to full health, and there's enough left in the can for another drink later!

You decide to temporarily put aside your BURNING DESIRES for DarkTraitor's companionship, and instead head back to FIRST MATE Loxare and launch the ship.

The ship has now LAUNCHED, and is travelling at a constant speed through space. You are back aboard the BRIDGE, seated in the CAPTAIN'S CHAIR with most of your crew around you in the room.

Marushi
    > ?

9. Glen Returned from the dead

Tell the crew that whoever can sing "Thriller" by Michael Jackson the best wins a cookie.

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

You tell the crew that the best singer of "Thriller" wins a cookie.
    Several crew members attempt to sing it, but frankly most of them are awful. It's a good thing that they're here on the ship with you, or they might have been tempted to join a KHV Chrorus at some point.

Marushi
    > ?

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Give them a cookie for their efforts. Then assign duties.

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Look captainy while doing so

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Smile and say: this is Chocolate Mind Cookies.

14. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

>Run the SABER directly into the FLASH that is docked nearby.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

You assume a very CAPTAIN-LIKE POSE, looking quite impressive if you do say so yourself. You order everybody to take a COOKIE for their efforts, including yourself.
    COOKIE obtained!

You tell the crew that the COOKIES are CHOCOLATE MIND COOKIES; a type of cookie that will temporarily grant each of them THE POWER TO READ MINDS so long as it remains intact in their stomach. In other words; not all that long, but it'd be great if you needed to cheat at cards or something later.

Inventory changed!
    Your COOKIE became CHOCOLATE MIND COOKIE!

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot galaxy-renowned superhero, THE FLASH, hanging from a rope from one of the LARGE MECHANICAL PIERS that is visible from the viewscreen of the Saber.
    You hate the arrogant b!stard, and order Midnight Star, your little helmsgirl, to run into him.

It takes approximately five minutes before the galaxy learns of the Superhero's death, and of the fact that YOU KILLED HIM. But by then, it is far too late; your ship has left port and gone into WARP 3 headed somewhere.
    They label your ship, yourself, and your crew as PIRATES, to be shot upon sight. Of course, the SABER is a TOP-OF-THE-RANGE EXPERIMENTAL MODEL, and no law-abiding ship would ever be able to capture you.

Destination?
    >

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

OOC: The FLASH is the name of the BAPU's ship.

IC: Planet Bill Gates.

17. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

;___; I meant my ship, you killed The Flash... :why?:

I'll giveth you a destination. >The Sun

18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Ignore the thought to drive into the sun and head to Planet Bill Gates. There's treasure to be plundered.

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

OOC: You said "ram into The Flash". So they did. You, sir, are responsible for his death.

You set your destination as 'The Sun'.
    Since you are currently travelling at Warp 3, nothing significant happens as your ship passes through it.

You register your real destination as 'Planet Bill Gates', a planet which entirely owned by Microsoft, which in the future where this story takes place is actually a superintelligent AI that owns approximately 32,001 other planets.
    It will be a long journey, and so you order the rest of your crew, with the exception of DarkTraitor who is still struggling with getting the bed out of the doorway, to get some rest while you keep an eye on things.
    You are quite a good Captain really.

End of Prologue

I hope you've all enjoyed this so far, and that this keeps getting a fair bit of your attention. I'm sure the two crews will keep watch of it, but it'd be nice to get a bigger audience besides. In anycase; I'd like to hear what anyone has to say about it so far, if you would?
    And no, the length of the Prologue is not representative of a full chapter. Chapters will be quite a bit longer than this.

20. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm responsible for the Flash's death? Do I deny it? Am I guilty...? This looks familiar...

On another note this is pretty cool, I like these interactive stories, it being based around our Pirate shenanigans makes it all the more exciting. Good work so far DT(other than killing my hero. *cries*).