The end of the world? 2012

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Oct 12, 2007.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes, I think the world will end on this date.

9.0%
  2. Nah, the chances are slim-da-nil.

91.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

:\ The Mayans were never wrong, I think the world will end when they say.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well if it does come true then at keast we can still have Christmas before we die. Who knows, this could be the end even though they were wrong about the others who's to say this is wrong? I for one don't believe it, I think the world will end in billions of years time when the sun dies- all stars die why should the sun be any different?

3. the muffin man Banned

I totally agree with you.I mean eventual,the end of th world will come,but definiely not on that date.because people would make sure that we're safe till then.

4. N Hollow Bastion Committee

5. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Too quote my grumpy(but smart) grandpa, "they've been telling us this 'guff' since I was a little young'n".
    Hopefully you get his point. ;)

6. Valium Hollow Bastion Committee

I really don't believe this because i mean C'mon what are really the odds of every planet except the one with sentinent life aligning

7. Sara Tea Drinker

I'm taking Geology right now for a class, and basically it is known. Not predicted, but known, that another mass extinction like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs will happen in the next thousand years.

Whether or not we'll die, who knows. It's not anything against us, it's just the cycle of earth's species.

That's the scientist's POV.

8. keybladeofdarkness4 Twilight Town Denizen

The Planets can't align on 2012! The 9 planets align in perfect order only at midnight/dawn every 1000 years!

9. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

that is a bunch of bulls**t. one why 2012. if it aligns every 1000 years why didnt it happen on year1012.
    and where did the 10*12* key number 12 where did that come from.

earth doesnt go out of order and all the planets are in a different place. only thing that will make earth get off of course is if we get hit by something bigger than us.

10. captainflam Moogle Assistant

It's not the end of the world it's the end of an Age and this is an interesting article relating 2012 and 666:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/666

11. Ultima Wepon Traverse Town Homebody

i really don't think that the world will come atan end on thet date because, if u've seen I'am Legend,not everyone died. people say that the world will end in 2032 becase there will be a very close meteor will smash Earth, ut some speices will survive like rats, but u already know we will survive by a 95% chance.

12. kingdofox9 Destiny Islands Resident

the 2012 theory

people are talking about the 2012 thery about the world ending in 2012 and what do you think everybody i think its wrong cause my mom told mr cause when it was 1999 they said the world would end in 2000 what do you think

13. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

That theory is from the Aztec Calendar (Or was it the Mayan...?) Well anyways, I think it's a bunch of crap.

14. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Another Election Year...

Nah. The world won't end. The U.S. will probably get screwed due to another election year, but the world won't end.

15. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah it was the Mayan calendar... and I don't believe it at all.

16. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

According to legend the Aztec calender ended in 1492, how ironic, thier world did end then.

17. W7F King's Apprentice

Funny thing is, the Mayan calendar isn't the only thing/person to predict 2012 to be the end of the world/life as we know it. If I recall, there's already been a thread similar to this, but wutev. I honestly don't think that the world will end, but will it change? Who knows. A lot can happen between now and then, and a lot can happen in a year (that year). Something life changing (to one person, to a state or country, or to the "world") could happen in five hours, twenty minutes, and 39 seconds. The new electon coming up (lawl, DF) coul be a great example. If Hilary were elected, Bill would probably get some access to stuff again/influence her decisions. He'd probly accidently launch a nuke to somewhere's, piss off a bunch of people, and we'd all die. WWIII Betch! Oh wellz~

18. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Nah... the world won't end... that's just a false theory/myth...

however.. the sun is gradually getting bigger each year an in at least a billion years the sun will explode and the earth fill end...

True story... >_>

19. clouddart100 Destiny Islands Resident

Hopefully by then we will have the abillity to sustain life on other planets

I dont really belive this thery, but there is possibilitys like the Mayans knew somthing we dont know now.

20. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

meh... i won't even be alive then... >_> but by then hopefully humans can live on mars... or the moon...

oh... that's very possible... I don't know much about the Mayans or the Aztecs... but I have heard about this theory many times... maybe they knew something but never told anyone O.O

all I can say is that I want to live longer than 2012... >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.