The end of the world? 2012

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Oct 12, 2007.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes, I think the world will end on this date.

9.0%
  2. Nah, the chances are slim-da-nil.

91.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i would say no, that's too soon, i still think the world still has about at least 400 years left of minerals and crap we can live on :D

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

You know when the Mayans said that the world would end it doesn't mean it would literally go *boomdone*. It's more like...the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.

But then again the Mayan calender completely ends in 2012.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see when the date in question comes to pass.

Off-note:

The world has been slated to end so many times it's no wonder people don't take them seriously anymore.

3. I hate theories like this T-T. I don't believe them, I mean, wasn't the world suppose to end in line, June 6, 2006, or something? But still, it's quite scary to think of, and it really bothers me. I hate thinking that I'm about to die in this due date along with everyone else.

Hopefully, if the world does end, I'll be dead, buried or burned, and won't have to experience it, I want to live my life, until it really ends or the time truly comes (and I don't mean by the world ending). Though I'll feel for my future generations...

4. Dreadnought Twilight Town Denizen

It was supposed to end on June sixth 2006 because of the 666 thing......

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

well 2012 is the year of Complete planitary alignment, who knows what could happen. But I don't think to, alothough seeing Venus go across the sun will be fun I just don't think the world will end.

6. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I highly doubt the world will end because of this prophecy. It may end in 2012 for other reasons. Also, define the world ending. There is a difference between humanity being wiped out and the world as we know it ending. One could be good for us. The other good for the planet lol

7. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Mra, that 666 thing is a hoax. The real number is 999 or something. People got confused while drunk, who knows how it grew to being solidly 666, if I'm even making sense ATM.

Uh, lesse. The Mayans were correct about every single phenomenon they predicted, yes? Sooo, why wouldn't they be correct about the 2012 one? :/ Go ancients, go. But then again there's that whole "lol no way, we can't just go bye-bye like that" thing soooo. . . B| Be patient and in due time.

8. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The number is either 616 or 666. It depends on which language you use to translate the Ancient Hebrew or something >_>

Also, did they not say the world as we know it will end? Not necessarily a bad thing >_>

9. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

xP Yeah see.

._. And really, what exactly did the Mayans say, then?

10. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Several of the things they predicted have actually come true, so watch yourself next time you disregard their theories D:

11. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

I actually read up on this stuff once. They never said the world was going to end. They just said it'll be the end of an era, and the start of a new one. What with their bakutans and whatnot. <_<

Maybe aliens and stuff'll finally come to Earth. And hopefully they're peaceful.

12. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Well there is a US election That year so maybe the new presedent will FINALLY recognise that the planet is in danger and will DO something about it. The end of the era of Ignorance you might say.

13. Destined Working for WDW

I thought the world was supposed to end on New Years Eve, 1992 according to Ghostbusters...I mean if they got it wrong, who can say?

I think the Aztec view of 2012 being considered the end of all things is similar to many cultures and religions different perspectives on the 'end of days' or 'armageddon'.

Is it true, we weren't there, we don't know the culture besides artifacts. I find it fascinating but i'll just have to wait 4 years.

Maybe that's when the New England Patriots will finally lose....

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

So true, we gotta love the planet! XD

Could come true, but if its just changing than maybe its good maybe its bad, don't know till the time comes

While the planet ending
    No I don't think so

15. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Omg the sky is falling... <_<

Its not going to end in 2012 cuz they have been saying the worlds gunna end [insert year here] for years and it hasnt happened
    Besides who said the world was ending in 2012 anywayz?

16. Arch Mana Knight

well...the sun will eventually expand and burn up the Earth although the Earth might not be swallowed (the Sun will have less mass and less gravity allowing Earth to escape) it will become a radioactive melted wastland. Society keeps trying to tell us the world will end soon but the people who say that are always wrong...my guess is that a meteor will kill us or maybe the sun will...oh well i doubt i'll be alive by the time the human race is destroyed by something.

17. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

This thread already exists in the Debate Section. I'm putting it out there because I'm too lazy to get a mod.

18. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

That won't happen. People have been predicting the end of the world for years. This is just something that can't be done, at least on human standards.

19. Marlu[XI]a Destiny Islands Resident

I think most of it is nonsense. I'm open to these ideas, but it sounds no different than that 06/06/2006 crap, that had thousands of people getting on their knees and shouting to the heavens for forgiveness. Apparently, most people don't give a damn about spiritual salvation until they're about to kick the bucket.

20. Dredica SNES was the best.

Well, with all the wars coming on, maybe even world war 3, global warming, terriost, and just complete choas, it might end. And the Aztecs and the Mayas thought of this first, the Aztec calender said they were going to end when Cortes came, and they did. So I don't wanna say they are wrong about this too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.