The end of the world? 2012

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Oct 12, 2007.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes, I think the world will end on this date.

9.0%
  2. Nah, the chances are slim-da-nil.

91.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

c'mon 2012 is just too soon i dont' think Global Warming or pollution will have had enough time to kill us YET

2. Xendran Banned

Its a much to early date, we have a bit more time than 5 years.

3. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

okay this is the ummm 12th time someone told me i'll be dead before im 30

according to thhis i will die at 20 wow a new one

these scientists must get together sometime and have a BIG FIGHT about the end of the world

they are getting seriously annoying

4. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Either way it still means nothing. Revelations hardly viewed in the literal sense. The "John" that wrote that section wasn't even the real John that we usually associate with the bible. 666 is simply the numerical equivalent of Emperor Nero in either Hebrew or Latin, I don't remember. The number itself, as well as any mention of the "beast", etc. were simply reference codes for Nero as John criticized the Roman occupation.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i watched a DVD about this, they predicted the rise of an Anti-Christ around the years of 2012 aka Barrack Obama. who knows?

6. Hissora ahurhurhur.

The scientists just figured this out because all the old Aztec calenders and such just ended there. I really don't think that will be anything, but life is full of unexpected things.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

You're actually right.

The relapsing result (the most obvious) would be an ice age, not erosion of the water due to risen CO2 levels. Not a traditional massive ice age, just a freeze over for a few generations to balance out the heat.

Or it will rain acid and we will all disintegrate. O_O

8. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Ooooooooooooooh, a black person!

9. khsuperfan Banned

I must say first, this is an awesome topic. I have much too say, so i just about "Quoted" everybody. Just to let u know now, i HATEAthiests with a passion. I'm a true rebel, dissregarding my sig. Thats just for fun, caused i'm good at b-ball. But know, I will tell you all what the ast 2 years of research, reading religious books, and what not has told me. By the way, i've read just about 90% of the Bible....no joke.
    They died out due to the idiotic Spaniards whom didn't value the division of power at all.Destroying an entire culture is a terrible thing.

You're right, we shouldn't let things like this just pass by with out looking at them. A lot of the previous things about the end of the world are ridiculous, and people trying to sell books...to reach their ultimant goal. I'll get back to that later.

Some cultures see themselves as perfect....like the Brits? No, i'm only joking. But like i said before, you can't ignore something like that...the end of the world.

The sun ISN"T GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!! Its goin' through a phase...a cycle if u will. Just like the Earth and the stock market do.

You're right on. WE DO NEED TO KNOW!!! those who don't are lazy!!

Evolution is crap. God created everything...because this is our Punishment. This is all merely to bring us closer to our Father, not further away. I don't wanna sound like a Christian, but that consept is true. IT ALL ABOUT REPENTANCE AND PUNISHMENT!!!!!!!!!

Evolution is crap. The worlds aren't that old. Not billions, more like 12,000-10,000 ish

Sun will burn out, its like a self heating machine of storms that burns on an indestructable amount of plasma, an element unknown to us commoners. Its the element of the stars. The sun'll never burn out u twit!

God does win my friend.....he does.

LOL, Mormons........
    r u a mormon?o_O

u r pretty much correct. good job.

Strong believer...good, i like to see the burn passion of belief. The world might not die, but something big will happen. Thats for sure.....?

I don't know....what r the CHANCES?!?!?

dinosaurs were killed by aliens. They were Gods guardins of the precious metals, such as gold and platinum. But the aliens got around them, and wiped them out. Really, u people need to think outside the box. I fu believe everything they feed, then u'r just a zombie to the system. BE A REBEL!!!!!

12. Look up the number, and you'll get your answers. 12.....12......12.........12.......?what else is 12.......?

this is what i tell the global warming people, or the ice age people. If it does happen, we'll be fine.

true. we need to take it more seriously though....the Illuminati are in control.

The 666 thing is bogus. 6-6-06 isn't 666. Theres a zero in it, A DUH!?!?!?!?!?

U hit this one on the head. good work, u'r totally right. I'm glad someone else said it before i did.

again, another perfect post. good work people.

i don't believe in global warming with a BURNING PASSION.BURNING!!!

Not Barrack, the president after him. JEB BUSH. Once again, good job Evilman. Thats kinda what i meant by Big Thing Coming earlier.
    Anyways, that was fun. This might be the biggest post i've ever made. Once again, anti-evolution/global warming theories. Pro Mayan and Aztecs, but it won't be the end of the world, and God wins.

10. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Hey, it could mean two things.

One is that many bad things could wipe everything from the face of the earth. A biological disease, a nuclear bomb and its radiation, a meteor, global warming (WHICH IS REAL), poison in the air and water (mosre then there is now).

But, it could also mean that the world will be destroyed. But not like that. Maybe like the world we know would not be recognizable. I don't know what we could invent in four years, six months and nineteen days but who knows. I really don't think the world will end in wither of these ways. Not that soon.

11. Inasuma "pumpkin"

You "hate" atheists, that's pretty...prejudice. I bet you believe in good and evil too?

Evolution has something called oh I don't know....evidence. If you can justifiably prove the theory of creation with something to match fossils in terms of evidence, I will listen to you. But evolution is not crap. It is a systematic and scientific explanation on how Earth was created. Not "crap."

Also, evolution, 99% of the time, has nothing to do with any form of the beginning of life. It deals with the process of advancement and mutation in a species or organism. In other words, it's a CHANGE, not creation.

Fossils.

Hmm?

No it is not. Nothing is "self"-heating. Heat requires energy; the sun had to have gotten its energy from somewhere else, namely other sources within the universe. And don't say God did it, please.

Indestructible amount of plasma? Could you please elaborate?

A star is NOT an element. It is made up of MANY elements. Hydrogen, oxygen, iron, etc.

Sources on claims plz. :3

If I were you I would definitely research on basic chemistry (chemistry 101, to be exact). On planets, basic make-up of planets, and most IMPORTANTLY on stars.

12. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Quoted for what can be described as idiocy, heracy, hypocracy, arrogance, ignorance, biggotry, stupidity, conformity, undeserved self-proclamation, neglagence, and noobism.

You want a religious debate, I can clearly tell from the quality and content of your post, you would lose terribly to some of the militant atheists on this site, me included.

Please, if you're going to massive-flame yourself, and that's what you did, I LAUGHED at your post, then at least do it with a degree of intelligence, unlike most people you were just saying things. At least posts reasons and evidence for your outrageous claims.

Till then...(Walks out of thread)

13. EvilMan_89 Code Master

excuse me, i usually don't say things like this but what you said was so stupid. you're either trying to be stupid or super religious.
    not to get off topic but i'm sure that many ppl believe in good and evil

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Yes. Many people believe in them metaphorically. But it is not uncommon for devout religious individuals--and sometimes anyone for that matter--to believe they actually exist. In physical, manifested forms.

Which is ridiculous. Good and evil are idea's. Like love. It is just an idea; a concept, if you will. Certainly there are bad acts, and certainly people one might label as "bad," but in no way is a person bad by destiny or by physical form.

That was the point I was trying to make. lol

15. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

QFT. Thank you.

This doesn't seem possible to me. It's 2008 now, and I wouldn't say the world is 'fine', but what's going to happen in four years? Is it going to blow up under our feet when we're least expecting it?

...Oh no, I've doomed us all.

16. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well, CG, think about it. It's near impossible for an end because the LOOOONG since thought "prophetic" end was supposed to be in 2000. Eight years ago. What happened? It was simply false. lawl. The 2012 one is no different. It follows the exact patterns that the 2000 apocalypse followed, and will not happen. Simply because none others have ever come true, making this one no different because it follows no real logic whatsoever.

<:

17. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Since everyone else is picking apart his post...

Good for you. So have I at least four times. Do you want a gold star for it or what? Reading something doesn't mean you understand the meaning behind it.

And I'm assuming you think Americans are perfect? We did the same thing to the Native American Tribes when we settled this land. We believed it was our God-given right to do so. We believed that God gave us the right to drive out the people who were here already.

Nothing lasts forever. Stars die all the time and our sun is only another star in the sky. Look up Supernovas and black holes sometime. You might learn something.

'I don't wanna sound like a Christian'. Well you are sounding like one. God did not create everything. Everything that we know of and everything beyond our scope of knowledge was not created in six days.

The world IS that old. There have been rocks found that date back to when the Earth was born. There have been fossils found that date back into the millions of years. It's called Carbon Dating.

I really hope you're joking.

18. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I missed something...
    I recommend "Matrix of Power" by Jordan Maxwell to you.

You can YouTube it if you want. It's a lecture given by a very wise individual (Jordan Maxwell) in 7 parts (each are about 10 minutes). Enlighten yourself! =)

19. khsuperfan Banned

wow

wow.....you all lack human qualities.....o_O. Why do u think people such as I seek the truth? Because I amsuppossed to, I am a true Rebel, and a true Seeker of the truth. You all follow the system of logic and mathamatics, while i can use it all against u. If non of u believe in God, why r u hear? u'r clock is running out, why are u on the internet telling people that there is no god, no judgement, no after life? Why aren't u out there, living life up, being a criminal or something? U see, all athiests are just ignorant, especially teenagers who think its cool, and they're rebels.....but you're mearly being ignorant, stupid, and labling rebel as both those things. I will not allow you to do this.

I'm not looking for a religious battle, I'm looking for someone who knows as much as i do, and to have an INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION. I thought this was the intelligent disscussion area? I guess most of u r Athiest.....so i'll stop. But if i see i more thing about "O, this kids a stupid religious newb", I will hunt u down, and gut you like a fish!!!!

20. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

Whether the world will end, it's up to our actions. If in the near future World War III erupts, then hell, if we're all dead in year 2012 I'm not surprised at all. And if some psycho actually manages to attack the world with biological weapons like in the movies, then again I'm not surprised that we'll be dead in year 2012. I just hope it won't turn out to be Resident Evil.

Therefore, we shall believe that the world will not come to an end, and through our actions save our world instead of just pointless talks and blabbering about how the hell are we gonna save the world. Move your hands and feets and brains, they're still functioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.