The Keyblade War: the Awakening of a Solemn Melody

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Love, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt gave her a quizical look. "That was unexpected." As Mixt turned again to leave he grabbed the shoulder of another student that was leaving. "Go and tell the arena keeper to get the main arena ready, if he asks Mixt sent you." Without waiting to see the response Mixt walked off towards his dorm like he planned to anyway. After a second of being dumb-struck the poor underclassman ran off, presumably to do as he had been told.

2. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    Phisoxa went straight to the Arena as the seats around the battle arena were sparsely filled since only a handful of people had been in the dining hall during the time she had announced the challenge. Phisoxa sat in the middle of the arena waiting.

3. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

Robbie sat in on of the arena seats, he had a bored expression on his face as looked over the arena.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt walked in, he appeared to be only slightly less bored than Robbie did. "Are you sure about this? I didn't think public humiliation was on todays agenda. It isn't too late to call it off or make it a private match." Mixt said simply. Though even as he said it he was taking his position as if he knew what the answer was.

5. Love Kingdom Keeper

" I didn't say that this would be a contest, more like a practice for me, anyways my master struggles in finding me people to practice with here, since there is only a couple handfuls of keybearers out of the main student body who come to this school. Mostly they are not strong enough to fight me and provide me with a challenge. Anyways I have a goal I wish on obtaining, if I don't provide experiences for myself that involve challenging opponents, how do I ever expect to become a Knight? "
    Phisoxa said standing up and proceeding to one side of the Arena so she could face him.

6. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Walking down the grand halls was the purple haired knight named Rath. Glancing around the area, Rath walked with a small smile on his face. His mission was a causal one as he was to check out the academy and the students who were attending it. Origianlly this was the mission of a lower ranked knight but after being intrigued by the mission Rath decided to take part of it. To others he looked like a new teacher or a really old student. As Rath walked he couldn't help but overhear the conversation of two students discussing a fight taking place. "sounds interesting" Drake said closing his eye as he walked to the area and stood at the top of the sands with his arms crossed

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

"A knight, huh? Interesting. There has never been a female in thier ranks. Are you sure you want to be the one to break the status quo?" Mixt asked her, he was trying to gauge what he could before the match actually started. There was very little research to be had with a short notice fight so any he could get to put himself a step ahead would be helpful. For example, she may be an underclassman with a tendancy to pass out, but she already had control of a keyblade. And was strong enough to be training with a master rather than just attending classes. This wasn't a match to be taken lightly.

8. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    The hallways that led to the shower rooms were odd within the design of the Academy building, just as the Arena was. That particular section of the building had had some amount of history to it, as Diuccio understood. From the history books and records that the Academy kept at hand, the Arena itself had been the main building at one point, and the hallways to the shower rooms had been entrance foyers at one point in the building’s history. When the Academy began to develop and grow, that building had been built upon, and the once nerve center of the institution had been converted into the Arena for combat training, and the foyers on either side converted into men’s and women’s shower facilities.

The hallways, being so long as it was, left the showers far off from the bustle of the Arena, but at a price that Di found particularly annoying: there was no direct route or shortcut from the showers to the upper floors of the school. In order to get to the dinning hall, or anywhere else in the school, one had to traverse back through the Arena. This was a fact that he especially found a setback after long days. He enjoyed the walk, and seeing students and teachers on the way. But it got annoying to have to walk such a long distance every night just to get from point a to point b. Still, he figured that was for the better, even if trying to the patience of people who needed to get someplace. That was the essence of the work they were doing: trying. When the urge pressed on him to curse the school’s design, he bit it back, literally biting his tongue in the process.

However, as he made his way down the hallway towards the end out into the arena, there was one thing that he couldn’t hold his tongue about. The Arena’s main lighting had been turned on, something he was sure he had attended to just before leaving. He was sure that the only lights he had left on were the security lights to give him a bit of sight as he walked back through on his way back up to the main floor. When heard the muffled mumbles of voices beyond the archway, he concluded that one of two things were happening: someone was using the Arena for after hour sparring, or someone was trying to be funny. Either way, it was something that he didn’t much care for, especially not after a day like the one he had just had.

As it appeared when he finally stepped through into the half-stadium sized room, his first assumption had proven the correct one: a group of people, students in fact, were readying to engage in a match. At the center of the unfolding events, standing at the middle of the arena, was Phisoxa, a younger student with a rather odd flare that many of the masters, including Master Zaal, the master who had taught, and often Diuccio, had been both aware of and startled by, as much so, or perhaps more so than other students. “Excuse me, Phisoxa,” he said, in a tone more so reminiscent of a student, “but I hardly think that right now is the best of times to be having a match here. We’ve a long day ahead of us tomorrow, and days only get longer around here. You should know that. You’d be better off getting some rest.”​

((Most likely my last until morning. If it's not too much to ask, I wonder... what time zones are people in? No need to answer me if it's much. I'm just curious as to how I should plot out my posting patterns and whatnot)).

9. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

"Let them fight if they want" Robbie said to the master that had just entered the arena area "If she wishes to waste her small amount of energy let her, it will just prove how weak she is, and show how unworthy of wielding a keyblade she is" Robbie said outloud for everyone to hear.

10. Love Kingdom Keeper

" What are you talking about? Nighttime is the best time to have a match, all the instructors would have gone to their quarters by now, leaving us free and without being controlled by them and the masters. Now you stand back, before you get hurt."
    Phisoxa said as stuck out her arm as a strong glittering light formed in her hand, taking shape of a keyblade and revealing her bronze colored keyblade. A keyblade whose design seemed to be almost oldworld in design.
    " And yes Mixt, I desire to become knight, the gender barrier matters little to me, if I have a goal I fulfill it, no second thoughts about silly things like gender."

"and you don't have any right to make assumptions before a battle, go ahead bet on us, but I don't give a damn about what you think. Anyways you barely know me. At least I'm not the one criticizing people within the first meeting. After all I didn't see you as a wildman like everyone in this school does. Anyways " I dislike hypocrites". . . . now lets begin" She said speaking to Robbie without looking at him.

Phisoxa focused her sight upon Mixt as she slung the keyblade on to her shoulder and began to walk closer and closer, walking casually towards Mixt, not even bothering to take this seriously and try to charge em, instead when she got close enough she suddenly disappeared from sight in one flash.

11. Glen Returned from the dead

Gexln walked out of the room. He had just finished a class teaching the very basics of healing magic. He stormed out of the class, irritated at his inability to cast even a simple cure spell. He pushed past many of the other students and walked outside of the academy. He sat down on one of the seats angrily.

12. No Heart-X Destiny Islands Resident

"My, my, ain't she a fiesty one, takin' on an upperclassman like that. And Mixt of all people," Isaac thought to himself aloud as he was sitting very close to them. "This should be interesting if she can hold her own."

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt was not fooled by her acting casual. The moment she vanished Mixt pulled his hand to his back and summoned his keyblade in order to protect his blind spot.
    Mixt's keyblade was one of the stranger ones at the academy and he often received ridicule about it. It had the appearance of bones woven together with thorns and concrete used to fill the gaps. It wasn't exactly Academy of Light material. But Mixt himself didn't seem a dark enough character to merit action. Withdrawn and calculating perhaps, but not evil.
    Mixt held the keyblade to his back, a location that anyone tacticly sound enough to bluff their advance would be likely to be aiming at. And besides, Defensive Combat 202, it was best to put your passive defense on blind spots since you could then adjust if you saw an attack coming elsewhere.
    "Flashstepping. Not bad, especially for a lowerclassman." Mixt commented at her speed. High agility at this stage in training, as a trade off she couldn't have spent much time on strength or magic. This meant that she, much like a common fly, likely wasn't a huge threat but would be annoying to take down.

14. Love Kingdom Keeper

All alround the arena was paved with stone, there were sounds of footsteps everywhere, jumping back and forth from place to place and then suddenly a rush of wind filled the place, was that Phisoxa moving around or was that a precursor to what was going to come next. Suddenly the stone floor below Mixt began to shake and then without warning it jutted forward into the air about a good 20 feet or at a high speed all around the landscape of the arena smaller formations of rock juted forward joining their larger brother formation in the air, the whole act seemed to shake the entire arena as if it were an earthquake. Suddenly Phisoxa flashed back into sight, she was standing in midair a few feet away from the rock Mixt was on and disappeared yet again. Suddenly she appeared flying out of air above since the Arena's ceiling was so high and neverending Phisoxa fell faster and faster till she slammed her keyblade with brute force at Mixt's shoulders from above. The strength of that hit managed to send a crack through the rock below him and the formation split in half.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Especially with the long decent Mixt had plenty of time to raise his keyblade above his head and block. 'So she had the smarts to convert her speed into power. Though how smart was she exactly?' Mixt wondered as he felt the stone fracture under his feet "thunder" Mixt called, but there was no bolt to follow. He did not intend to attack, merely to seperate himself from her. This is the other part that made the masters worry. Mixt started to draw out a circle on the ground using his keyblade. Although Mixt knew this to be an innocent ability, the glyph like marks coupled with his keyblade did not give the best of impressions to most people. After the circle was finished, Mixt stomped on it with his foot and suddenly the stone floor of the arena turned into a sea of spikes.

16. Love Kingdom Keeper

Phisoxa jumped back into the air and did a back flip as she landed perfectly on her feet, standing and resting on the very end of one the spikes which seemed impossible but she had extraordinary balance she learned from her master.
    " Hmm, so you know more then magic and keys? Interesting."
    She said with a smile as she looked over the sea of spikes before, her yellow eyes reflecting the light that fell in places around the room. She raised her key into the air as she getting ready to make a move again.

17. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

Robbie was watching the match, 'maybe these two might survive what was coming. And its coming fast, a great darkness isclosing in on the acedamy and when it hits it will start a chain of events that will change the fates of everyone forever' Robbie though to himself, there were a few others that may survive but most students would be ethier driven insane, driven to darkness or just die in the chaos.

18. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Mike walked over and saw Phisoxa and Mixt fighting. Phisoxa fighting, I'm surprised he thought sarcastically, folding his arms and a frown formed across his face. Wait..what are they even fighting about? Don't tell me Phisoxa picked a fight over Justin.. he thought, sighing. He observed their moves very quickly, they would probably eventually tire out, that is, if they were lucky. He didn't even notice Robbie next to him, it was strange, Mike rarely ever saw Robbie. He quickly looked at him out of the corner of his eye, he seemed different, He won't last a week as himself he thought, After all, seems this school is filled with robots. he added, turning his attention back to the fight.

19. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Davan ran to the arena to see the fight.He shoved his way through a crowd of people.He finally saw them fighting.He sat and watched quietly.

20. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

"Why do they even bother, I mean I know I encouraged her but why bother play fight when something serious is coming?" Robbie asked, it wasn't a question for anyone, he just asked outloud to himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.