The Keyblade War: the Awakening of a Solemn Melody

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Love, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Heart-X Destiny Islands Resident

"Yeah, now that you mention, I did get some really weird vibes from certain people when I pass by them." Isaac thought about it for a little while, putting his arm across his torso and resting his other arm on it. "Well, now I finally understand why I got those weird vibes. Still, we should at least place a barrier or something to protect some of the ones who are resting." He was looking out the window still, as the clouds of darkness kept on moving.

2. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

'Damn it, they probably had darkness stored in theme, hidden and then when the time is right it realises it self and destroys the users heart, leaving an empty husk, just like the consumers' Robbie though to himself. His anger started building up, it was these type of tactic that allowed hi homeworld to be destroyed.

3. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Davan ran up to Phisoxa,"They're talking about a dark core!"

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt snapped his fingers reducing the spikes to dust, leaving the arena in a sandy like state. If Mixt was afraid of the coming darkness he didn't show it. Instead he made his way up to the roof of the arena where he stood in wait. This would likely be the best vantage point as the action started and as it went on he could adjust. Mixt was curious more than anything else. He knew nothing of the darkness other than that it was something people feared. But he was only here at all because of denying what people feared. Mixt looked up at the clouds with the same wonder that one might look at a starry sky. What mysteries did this force hold? What about it's nature made those here fear it? These questions along with others enveloped his mind as he stood and watched the coming storm.

5. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    " The noise it will cause will wake them up sure enough but even if I do make a barrier whats the point in trapping them and letting them face their deaths slowly."
    Her master said leaning his forehead into his palm as if something were giving him a headache, his dark brown locks of hair fell into his eyes and his hand shielded the rest of his face,but Phisoxa could see a sly almost wicked grin under his hand that the man was trying to force back. He then gritted his teeth and shook those thoughts out of his mind and he regained his calm and serious composure.
    " Lets go."
    He said simply as he walked down the hallway and Phisoxa followed him loyally.
    Phisoxa ran along but when she heard the young man's comment she seemed concerned.
    " What do you mean?"

6. No Heart-X Destiny Islands Resident

Hmm... That was strange, I better keep an eye on that guy just to be safe. Isaac tailed them from a distance.

7. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

The student dropped the crystal and it sunk into the ground as the darkness started spreading, first inflitarting the minds of students that happened to be near by. Robbie wasn't touched by the darkness, he had no need to be in the dinning hall and set out to find those that had been infected with the darkness.

A small ounce of darkness spead across the walls of the hall and headed out a window towards Mixt. In the night this bit of darkness would be invisible to normal eye sight.

8. Love Kingdom Keeper

" Its here, prepare to be blown off this world, because once the darkness has it's way with the school, it will either consume us or send us flying off to a new destination after it rejects those with strong hearts that are resistant against it's calls."
    The master said sprinting down the halls with his young apprentice Phisoxa following him, trying to keep up.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt continued to look out upon the horizon. Completely oblivious to dark wisp coming his way. The night rendered it practically invisable to his eyes, and the confronting darkness made it as hard to detect as a drop of dye in a tidal wave.

10. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

The darkness hit Mixt;s left arm, it would have felt like a water droplet as it sunk into his skin.

11. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    Diuccio had observed the battle between Mixt and Phisoxa from the edge of the Arena, his spectatorship being ne of mixed interest and annoyance. His annoyance was, of course, in the fact that he had spent an hour after the training day had concluded to fix up the arena for the next day. But on the same token he was intrigued to see what the two students could put out in combat. He had only ever gone up against Phisoxa a few times in training rounds, form where he drew the conclusion that she had some good tricks at her disposal. As for Mixt, the young teacher was almost completely in the dark about, albeit the knowledge that his magic was well established in fields only scantily explored by methods of The Academy’s top minds.

By what he saw, he was impressed by both combatants. However intsense the battle had been, it proved to be short lived. An unseen presence was working its way into the hearts of the students, and even Diuccio could feel it. Darkness was approaching, and it was something he could recall all too well from his passed experiences. He knew something had to be done, but what exactly there was to do was, in that moment beyond him. The students seemed to be in a rush of shock and panic. As it was, he was the closest thing to a recognized Master present, and no one seemed to regard that he was even there to begin with. “How am I supposed to get things done if everyone just up and ignores me?”

“They’re frightened, just as they should be,” said the voice of Zaal Faleski, stepping up next to his pupil.

“So it’s happening?” Di asked. “I thought you said we wouldn’t have to worry about this sort of thing here. You said--.”

“I said that we would be safe for longer than we would had we stayed out in the wild worlds, as we had been previously. This was the best stronghold we Masters could organize. But we knew it wasn’t permanent. The Darkness, the Heartless, they’re coming here, to swallow this world as it has so many others.”

“So what is our plan of action from here, Master?” Di said, now getting a bit short with Zaal.

“You, and the other Junior Teachers will make to flee from here with as many of the students as you can. I would suggest that you procure yourself a ship from the hangar, and get a good number of students on board.”

“And what about you? Surely you mean to escape as well?”

“I’m afraid my destiny lies here, standing between the Darkness and the youth of this Academy,” Zaal said. “I will stay behind, and rally the other Masters to battle. If all goes well, the strength of our hearts should outweigh those of the students, and allow the evacuation to go off with little hitch. No. Don’t argue the point. I’ve made my decision. With enough of us, we should be able keep this force at bay long enough to make our escape later, and rendezvous with everyone else. Now go. I’ll make sure that word spreads of the escape plans.” Zaal left without another word, dashing out of the Arena faster than anyone his age would have normally moved.

“Well. That leaves me with little choice then doesn’t it,” Diuccio said to himself as he followed suit with Zaal, heading instead towards the hangar. If master Zaal thinks it best for me to leave, then there must be good reason. His intuitions have proven correct so far. Why shouldn’t they be correct this time around?​

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt looked straight above him expecting to see clouds but the sky above him was clear. 'Could the wind have brought rain all the way from those clouds? No, there was hardly any wind here. In fact the air had an eerie stillness to it.' Mixt looked at his arm and found that it wasn't even wet. Dismissing it as his mind playing tricks on him Mixt turned his attention once more to the approaching darkness.

13. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

An eerie feeling came over the arena roof, as if something started weakly pulling Mixt.

As Zaal entered a corridor wisps of darkness started flying towards him.

14. Love Kingdom Keeper

Suddenly Phisoxa felt something grab her in the darkened corriders and she nearly screamed but her master spun around and kicked at whatever had grabbed her. It was Justin, the boy who had picked on Phisoxa earlier but something was off about him, his eyes were a glowy yellow and his skin was turning dark, but he still kept his physical features.
    " What's happening to him?"
    Phisoxa asked, backing up after seeing such a horrible sight.
    " Hes being consumed by the darkness, there is nothing we can do for him, c'mon."
    Her master said as he grabbed Phisoxa by her wrist and lead her down to the hall, he had to make it to the escape tunnels in hope that he could get to his gummi ship hidden outside in the woods, hopefully nobody would get in his way. As they ran off, the boy known as Justin's condition worsened and suddenly his whole was engulfed and turned into a pitch black body without much physical features and his eyes glowed bright. He then lifted up his hand to look at it as dark claws formed on it and then a grin formed on his blank dark face, showing sharp teeth that were glowing dark purple.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt did not notice the force at first but once he noticed it it was indistinguishable. There was a force at play here, but it was more than just the encroaching darkness. No, it was personal. 'That drop I felt. It wasn't just in my head was it?' He wondered. Despite the foreboding sense it gave him Mixt was not resisting it. He would follow this rabbit hole a bit farther, and as it looked his life might very well rely on that

16. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    What a time to run into this. Always when you least expect it, Darkness pops in as one of its many guises. Despite the bleakness of his situation, and the situation of the Academy as a whole, Master Zaal took stride in pride and power. It was important in his mind to not break under even these pressing circumstances, for if he broke, everything he and the others had worked for would be compromised. However, he had hoped that the Darkness wouldn’t lock onto him until he had put more distance in. Determined to see through the task at hand, he summoned out his Keyblade, and provided a forceful slash at the wisps in front of him. “You beasts won’t have my Heart just yet,” he stated stubbornly.

Triggered by the slashing motion, the end of the Keyblade struck out a beam of pearl white light that extended out some ten feet in the front of his path, cutting through the thinly massed wisps like a knife through cheese. Maintaining pace, he proceeded down the corridor, periodically applying a quick, confined slashing motion to the blade to ward off any other threats. This action, he undertook entirely with his right hand. His left hand had been cupped over his mouth, as though he were avoiding breathing in some airborne toxin. In fact, he was whispering into that hand like a two-way radio, muttering his plans for the escape.

When done, he released his hand from his mouth, letting loose another concentration of light. This, however, manifested as an orb, and was hardly typical as a move. It was a messenger of sorts, or rather, several messengers, all carrying the same message in code he was more than confident that only those the message was assigned to would understand in connotation. The single orb split apart, into several orbs, the single messenger becoming a small team, which proceeded to bolt with unrestricted, weightless speed through halls to those few trustworthy recipients that dotted the besieged building. So long as at least one message could reach its destination, it could be assured to reach the others in sufficient time.

“Now that that’s taken care of, there’s no need for me to be running anymore.” He halted in the corridor, and spun himself around in a full three-sixty, leaving the gathered light of his extended blade in a formation around his grounded stance. With but a snap of his fingers, the smaller concentrations partitioned out, firing streams out in a fashion comparable to laser guns. “At the very least, that should hold it off. As long as Diuccio succeeds to any degree, a sacrifice here will not be in vein.”​

17. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Davan was trying to follow Phisoxa,but he stopped to take a breath when the saw Justin."Whoa,what happened to you?" He asked,his eyes hurt,he couldn't really see,so he couldn't see that Justin had turned completely black,or his claws and teeth,but he did notice his eyes."What up with your eyes?"

18. Love Kingdom Keeper

The thing that was supposedly Justin stared at Davan after it took it's attention away from admiring it's own claws. He looked around in the darkness of the corridor as if scenting the air for something and then it looked back at Davan curiously and then unpredictably the creature lunged at Davan with his claws whizzing through the air and a wicked grin on his face, bearing his sharp teeth.

Meanwhile Phisoxa and her master were almost to the entrance of the escape tunnels.

19. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Mike just stood there in the dining hall, but started running out, he still couldn't believe Dark..core? he ran all around, looking everywhere. I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die he thought over and over again, feeling more panic than ever. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. War. Darkness. Fights. Blood. Death he had all these thoughts swirling through his head, until he saw that girl and her master. He shouted "Get out! Save yourself! The schools end is near!" his knees buckled but he caught himself, a sharp pain was sent through his head. He then realized they were going to the exit. He voice sounded more clear as he walked toward them, "Is everybody else evacuating? The school is in danger, I have heard of a dark core. I feel people closing in. I have a feeling," he took a deep breath, "We will all be eliminated if we don't go to the emergency exits. So tell me, is everybody evacuating like you two.." he looked around, "Or do we have to stick around to help everybody?" he sighed, not even noticing the master anymore, only asking the girl.

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Mixt stood on the Arena roof but he was no longer looking at the advent of darkness. If anyone had been there to see him he would have seemed vacant as if he was in a trance. The truth was not that far off as Mixt faced the darkness he had encountered. Thoughts filled his mind that seemed foreign but at the same time remained his own.

'There are things that exist beyond what you can see. Hidden in the dark depths where light does not shine. These secrets can be revealed. Like an owl in the night the ability to see what lies in the darkness belongs to those within that same darkness. Without you will always be confined to half truths and false beliefs of those that fear what they do not understand. The truth hidden behind their truth, and the powers that have been tabooed out of fear. They can be yours if you just take the step that they can not. Learn to see in the dark, listen in the silence, breath through the smoke, savor the bitterness, and stretch a hand behind the veil; and the secrets of the other side will be at your disposal.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.