The Reaper's Game

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Lauriam, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Oddly, Weiss closed his eyes and sniffed, "They're on their way. Either way...if this is apart of the Game Master's current game...I doubt any Players will make it through."

Valentine started to run towards Dogenzaka, feeling the urgancy to find his twin.

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Although he usually was level-headed, Hitoshi felt something odd in the air... negativity? Perhaps malice? Hitoshi knew something was wrong. So he ran faster, following Valentine towards Dogenzaka.

3. jojojojo97 Merlin's Housekeeper

Tracy was surprised at Dakota's abruptness. He ran to catch up. "Let’s keep running." Tracy said when he got to Dakota, "104 is right up ahead and Dogenzaka is just a few blocks away."

OOC: I don't mind short posts, mines short too

4. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

The woman sighed. It wasn't to erase the players. It was to test thim. She only needed the bravest,smartest Players. And this Mission would weed out the others. She shook her head in disappointment, releasing another stream of Noise. If this ended the Game... My, what a waste. As the Noise continued to float from her palm, she uncurled the fist holding the chess piece. The Noise, now almost covering Dogenzaka, were her pawns. And her mission had been clear. So there was no chance of failure... From the nescessary Players.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

"Takumi..."
    She thought about calling him Taku, but decided against it. She would instead use Kumi as his nickname.
    "Well, Kumi. We should get going to Dogenzaka before those things show up. There's no guarantee that we won't have to fight a few of them either, so it's best to make a break for it."
    She turned her head towards 104 and made a break for it. She figured he had enough stamina to keep up, and se just wanted to finish and see her mom.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

"Well, We're here." Hitoshi said as they entered Dogenzaka. At first glance, everything seemed to be alright. Hana-Kaida was talking with Weiss a little ways down the street, but he didn't see Senri anywhere. However, that could easily be explained by the presence of Weiss. When he saw Hana-Kaida, all the anxiety he had been feeling drained away fast. He suddenly felt stupid, like he should have figured this out. Hana-Kaida had been mad at Senri, so that was probably the negativity he felt, and Weiss... well, who knew what was going on in his head? That other feeling, the malice, probably was coming from him. Apparently, Hana-Kaida was doing her job with a vengeance. There was Noise everywhere. "Wow," he said, walking up to Hana-Kaida. "You sure work fast. You weren't out here very long."

Hana-Kaida turned as Hitsohi walked up, followed by some of the others. "Finally!" she snapped. "What took you guys so long? There's something else going on here. I didn't make all of these."

Hitoshi smiled a half-smile and shrugged. "Relax," he said. "You're probably just over-analyzing things. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the extra Noise. Anyway, we're here now, but it looks like you've done enough work for all of us. Seriously, you don't have to do everything, you know."

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Taka ran for Dogenzaka. She couldn't see Kumi, but she figured he'd catch up eventually. She was just about to hit Ramen Don when-BAM!
    "Nngh, a wall..."
    She looked into the street and she saw something that almost made her cry.
    Toshi...? What the hell is going on!?
    She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Hitoshi died when they were only ten. He was supposed to be DEAD!
    "Toshi... HITOSHIIIIIIII!!!"
    She stood in place, her hands balled up into fists by her sides. She cried as she screamed his name. All she wanted was for him to see her. She let out the sadness and pain that she'd been holding inside her for six years. This time, she was going to tell him everything. She looked at him again, tears still running down her cheeks, and she noticed something odd. He was with a girl in a pink shirt and she thought she saw... wings on their backs.

8. StardustXtreme Chaser

"Kumi?" He thought to himself in confusion before his partner ran off to the dirstrict and he followed after her, he had to admit, she could break out into a reasonable pace unlike some slow-pokes he once knew, but then again, there was the reason of finishing this game as quickly as possible.

Takumi paused when Taka ran into a barrier and noticed someone as she begun to cry, here he didn't know what to do to stop it.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

OOC: There's no wall between 104 and Dogenzaka, so she should be in the clear.

IC: Hitoshi and Hana-Kaida both turned as a girl screamed his name. They stood surprised for a second, and then Hana-Kaida turned to Hitoshi. "Uh... what's the deal?" she said. "Why does that Player know your name?" Hitoshi shook his head, frowning in concentration. "I don't know," he said. "I've never seen her before in my life." Hana-Kaida also frowned. "Well, she's obviously seen you," she said. "Wait... oh, I get it." She laughed, and then looked up at Hitoshi. "Oh, this is priceless!" she said. "First you, and now her? Wow, you two were meant to be!"
    Hitoshi looked at her. "What do you mean?" he said. Hana-Kaida laughed. "I didn't know they could make a Reaper be a Player's entry fee! She must be that girl, the one you were fighting for in our Game! She was your entry fee, and now it looks like you're hers! At least, your memories of her are." She looked at the girl. "Well, we can't tell her. According to the rules, she has to figure out for herself what her entry fee is." Hitoshi shook his head. "But, that can't be her. I've never seen that girl before, you must be mistaken." Hana-Kaida shrugged her shoulders. "Must be," she said, still smirking. It wasn't the first time someone's memories of others had been altered. It was just the first time it had happened to a Reaper. "Oh, this should get interesting."

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Taka was speechless at what she saw. Toshi didn't even seem to care about her. What could've been wrong with him to ignore her like that? She tried to walk to him, and noticed that the wall had disappeared. Maybe that girl had taken it down, she was laughing hysterically after all. But Taka was focused on Toshi. She couldn't care less about the girl. As she got closer to Hitoshi, she saw a look of confusion on his face. He must not recognize her. It HAD been six years after all.
    "Hey Toshi. Don't you recognize me?"
    She glanced at the girl to make sure she wouldn't get in the way.
    "We used to play on CAT Street and pretend that you were Yoshi and I was a hawk. C'mon, I would even do the Mario accent."
    She saw that he still didn't remember, but she remembered the pin that let you read minds. She took it out and tried to read his, but it was blank. The girl's mind was empty too.
    What the heck...? What's going on with you, Toshi?
    Suddenly, she noticed more of those symbols, but they were outlined in orange instead of red. What did that even mean?
    She remembered the mission and gave up on her friend for now. She had to find Kumi and tell him that she'd figured it out. She put the pin away and gave one last glance at her friend and the girl.
    "Toshi... just try not to die again while i'm gone. I'll find you... and then we can talk until you remember."
    She turned around while putting on a bittersweet song. She saw Kumi furthwe down Dogenzaka and she gestured to him to head back near 104, leaving her old friend behind.

11. StardustXtreme Chaser

OOC: I did state takumi followed Taka to where she went.

12. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

The woman crossed her arms. What an interesting development. Ah, well. It was time for the big reveal. She stepped from the shadows, subtly, flowing behind the awaiting Reapers. Quiet. Perfect. Her. She smiled, lifting an arm. "Hello. Sorry I'm late."

-- ://: --

Sho gripped the brim of his hat, glaring at the woman. How did she get behind them? A mathematical impossibility.

"Surpirsed, Sho? Didn't you hear me coming?"

Minamimoto frowned, clenching a fist. "Some Old Horses Can Always Hear Their Owner Approach." The woman chuckled, bringing her small hand above her mouth. "Well done." Sho grabbed a wrapper from the street, continuing to look angrily at the woman.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

OOC: Sorry, I thought you were still back near 104. Anyway, it's fixed.

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

"Uh... Oh boy." Hitoshi did remember playing with his friend on CAT street, and now was embarrased to have it said in front of the other Reapers. Hana-Kaida was snickering behind him and he knew she had no intention of letting it go anytime soon. But more importantly, remembering that day, so long ago, but being unable to recall his friend's face or even her name meant that Hana-Kaida was right. This Player must be his special friend. And he couldn't remember her. AND he couldn't even tell her why, to apoligize. Before he could think of what to say, she started talking again. "Toshi... just try not to die again while i'm gone. I'll find you... and then we can talk until you remember." She turned away to leave, but he had to say something. "I... I'm not going to die again. I'm still dead. I'm a Reaper." He wanted to say more, that he would remember eventually, that everything would be alright, which, in its way, was awkward, seeing as he still didn't remember her. But she seemed unable to hear him anyway, and there were more pressing matters to attend to. The Game Master appeared out of nowhere and said "Hello. Sorry I'm late." Hitoshi turned around, startled out of his thoughts. Hana-Kaida also turned, and straightened up a little, suddenly glad that she had been the only Reaper making Noise. As she talked, Hana-Kaida noticed Sho picking up a wrapper. Probably for one of his trash-heaps, she thought. "Miss Fuzen," she said. "I must admit, I didn't expect to see you out in the field this early in the Game."

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Taka had heard Toshi's words as she was used to earing two things at once. As she went over to Kumi, she coudln't help but wonder what he meant by being a "Reaper". Was that why he had those wings? Either way, it was too late to turn back now. Another of the Reapers had shown up, and she wasn't going to risk anything wih those crazies... why would Toshi even join them? It didn't make any sense. She got to Kuma and tried to take Toshi out of her mind.
    "Hey, I figured out the mission. There are special symbols over in Dogenzaka. I think that's what we've gotta eliminate. Problem is that there are too many for us to take alone... Maybe we should wait and try to find other people like us to help."
    She said "like us" with a remorse in her voice, because se was starting to understand why thigs were this way.

She was dead, along with Kumi, Toshi, and everyone else involved with this sick "game". This sick, evil Reaper's Game~

16. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    "Okay.."
    He said,Contining to run.​

>:L

17. jojojojo97 Merlin's Housekeeper

When Tracy and Dakota got to Dogenzaka, they saw it was crowded with people, reapers, players, and Noise. Tracy turned to Dakota and smiled, still trying to be friendly. "Okay Kid, are you ready to find this guardian and take it down?"

18. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    "Yeah," Dakota said,not really meaning it,Its not like he had a pin to even fight him with.​

>:L

19. jojojojo97 Merlin's Housekeeper

"Oh Yeah!" Said Tracy. "I almost forgot, I still have your pin." Tracy reached into his pocket and pulled out Dakota's pin. "You should have more pins in your pockets." He siad as he handed Dakota his pin. "Just channel your energy into the pin, and then you can fight the Noise." Tracy pulled out his black skull pin and scanned the area. He saw that there were tons of Noise of all sizes, but in the middle of the street, a huge blue Noise Symbol was hovering in place. "There it is!" He said excitedly. "Lets take it out kid, the timers ticking!"

20. StardustXtreme Chaser

Takumi listened at Taka's suggestion, she was right, they only just learnt how to utilize just perhaps one Pin out of the many they had on themselves and that wasn't good in itself as he nodded silently before he spoke.

"Then head over to Dogenzaka since veryone else will most likely gather there and we'd probably have a fair chance at getting this job done." He said looked at her. "Friend of yours?" he asked out of the blue as he turned to the direction of where the mail said to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.