The STRANGE: Origins

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Krowley, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krowley Moderator

Kuzmenko took the robotic components in his hand and shifted his appendages in a solid clamp. The discord among the students was far too obnoxious for him to deal with and the fact they wanted to switch into groups they liked better felt like mockery. He turned in response to Samuel's question and clamped his hand inches away from his nose to snap at his insubordination. Once he had the boy's attention, he quickly pulled it away replying "Groups are final." He turned his back and once again began to walk off, while still instructing them. "Finish the assignment. That is your one instruction. Follow or not, they are your grades. But they are not grades. They are your future- YOU are the future..." He looked back one last time before leaving them to their work. "Do not squander your gifts."

Lex took a moment to let that settle as many of the teachers had been spewing out motivational or encouraging statements to prepare them for their exams. He knew they were just words, but he liked to reflect on them in his head. If they were truly a part of the future, why did it seem like such a mystery to them still. You'd think being a part of something gave you the right to at least be knowledgeable on the subject. Then again, He was never really used to being a part of something. Just an individual bracket that was not a necessity to the equation.

He looked at the group table names with the list of books they were assigned to get. the library had a number system where people could locate books based on their first digit, followed by a decimal point, followed by a larger number. One being English, two being science, and so on and so forth.

The list had four books with these ID numbers;

He squinted at that last number which had only two digits after the decimal point. He had been in the library enough times to know that no number ever went below 4 digits. At least not to his knowledge. The number seven meant it was in the History section, but he recalled the first book in the series to be "7.0001"

"Uhh, Anyone wanna look into that last book?" he calmly spoke, pointing to the last number.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "What? No," Sam argued with Alice, "Look, ya just said it yourself. We're purposely bein' placed together. But ya just wanna play their game? Whatever role they have for ya, ya gonna act it out and follow the script? Ya ever think that higher-ups are simply keepin' the little rebels together so they can keep an eye on ya -and for some reason beyond my narrow understanding, me? Didn't think ya would settle for that, considerin' the performance that put everyone in this little group, yours truly excluded. So excuse me for not wantin' to be a rebel without a clue." Sam stood up and shook his head, "The kitty from Hell in me thinks you're someone to listen to, that ya got wisdom beyond your years, but I am not part of this; I am not, for the sake of anyone here or even myself, plottin' some major revolt against the administratio-" Sam jerked when the professor shot him down. "Never mind, then," he growled, sitting back down. "This is tyranny," grumbled the student. "Tyranny in the 'lidrory!' Put that on your stage and dance to it," he muttered, grabbing the list from Lex.
    "I don't care one way or the other, s'long as I'm not with Ms. Zeus-from-Hades over there," he nodded his head towards Frida.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Alice stayed quiet as Sam argued with her, she didn't blame him, in fact she agreed with him in a way. He had all the right in the world to argue and want out of this but somehow she highly doubted any of them were getting out now. They were all involved and she didn't know what was going to happen but the ball had been set in motion, come whatever.

As the teacher cut him off, Alice raised her eyebrows apologetically, "You know I'd hoped I was wrong and if it's any consolation I agree with you. I don't like this and I don't want to play their game but at the same time I want to know what the game is, what the teachers want us to do. We're blind currently. I agree with you but just publicly arguing with them and with each other probably won't help us."

She looked at him, attempting to gauge his reaction to what she was saying,
    "We're in this together, like it or not. So we need to get on and support each other, find out what the hell is going on and work out what to do about it. For now at least I'd suggest staying quiet and not publicly arguing. Lex just found something weird with the book numbers, I highly doubt that's a coincidence and I think it warrants at least a little investigation to find out why. If you've got any better suggestions, I'm all ears." She hoped at the very least that Sam had calmed down a little, he seemed a very sensible, smart guy (and not bad looking too) and she knew that if he could be convinced, he would be a good person to be with them. On top of that she really really didn't want him to be against her because she'd seen his fire powers and she wasn't in a hurry to be roasted.

Turning to Lex she smiled at him, he was another person she didn't want to get on the wrong side of (though really she'd rather not be on anybodies bad side), "So what's the deal with these numbers then? Where can we find this strange book?"

4. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

Her eyes showed complete disinterest as Sam blabbed on in front of her, going on and on. There was an obvious change in his tone and Frida quickly knew what he was going at but he didn't let that get to her. She didn't flinch or move and inch when he had leaned towards her nor did she look away. Well, she did for a moment, to peek at the markings that poked into her line of vision but looked back at him. There was no spark in her eyes or anything, she wasn't even sure if she was paying attention to exactly what he was saying.

"Are you done, now?" she squeaks, tilting her head to the left slightly and raising an eyebrow. The A-classman was quick to end the conversation and announce his leave, kicking back his chair before anyone could say anything. Frida only let out a small chuckle and smiled.

That smile quickly faded away as Alice began telling them off. A frown slowly formed on her lips as she listened, leaning back into her seat a bit. Alice was someone who was genuinely nice to her - a type of person that comes by very rarely for someone like her. Despite her tactless and snarky attitude, her new friend stuck by her. It wasn't out of fear either, so that kind of made her feel guilty that Alice was disappointed with her. At least that's what she assumed. Plus, what Alice was going on about was totally right. Ever since that talent show thing they had, it was pretty obvious that their little group or whatever it was had a lead on something about the school - which could easily get them all in trouble that they couldn't even imagine. Sticking together and putting their brains in gear would probably be the smartest option - although it would probably also get them killed. However, with how she saw it, only they seemed to have the ye to see something was up. Everyone else was oblivious, so even though them sticking together could possibly get them killed - it also seemed like their best chance of surviving. But of course, the petite female stayed quiet. It would so ruin her reputation if she retreated, relied on others or did something like follow orders. Hah.

Frida's smirk returned when Sam's comment chimed in,
    "Ms. Zeus-From-Hades? Hah. I like that." she barked, not letting what he called her become an insult, and sat up straight once more. Her cherry eyes glided through the numbers of the list of books, the last one obviously strange as pointed out by both Lex and Alice. She pursed her lips together for a moment, thinking. She racked her brains on it and began sputtering out her ideas, "Perhaps it's hidden somewhere in the history section? Like, I mean, a hidden section. Secret passage? I don't know. Something of that sort. Or maybe it's hidden in a book? Like, it's enclosed in a book? Or how about we just go there and look for it like who knows? Maybe it's a special book for just us to find. Destiny, if you'd like to call it like that."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.