The STRANGE: Origins

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Krowley, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

"Really?" Alice's eyes lit up, she'd never expected him to accept so quickly, well she hadn't actually explained everything yet but it was sounding positive, "Thankyou. Um, well for my project I'm doing a performance, so that basically means that I'm dancing/acting out a story almost. Frida here's helping me with some electrical special effects so it should be amazing." She gestured to Frida, hoping her new partner wouldn't mind her attempting to bringing someone else into it. Maybe she should of asked Frida if she minded before she asked for help, but she'd been too worried about what to do about the music she hadn't even thought about that. Anyway, if Nix didn't help then they were both stuffed, there was no performance without music. She guessed she could of looked some more but she had no idea where to start looking and that would cut into their precious time. Either way, it was a bit late to ask her new partner now.

She smiled as she continued attempting to explain what she was doing, not really knowing how to put it into words, "It's to music of course and that's where I need your help as I've lost the music I had for it. I was hoping you could play something for me to perform to similar to what you did earlier." She paused, looking at him, she didn't want to say it directly but she was hoping that he might understand that like his what she was planning had a dangerous hidden meaning. She spoke quietly but each word was clear as could be. "It's about a prison break, like a rebellion. Being trapped and breaking free, fighting for freedom. You know? You have complete freedom over the music, I'm in a mess here so anything you play will be great. I can improvise and dance to anything but if you tried to make it fit the theme that'd be perfect. Please, it'd be a lot of help." She knew she was asking him to take another risk but she was hoping, that he would still help. If he didn't, she'd got a big problem.

She looked up at Nix nervously, knowing that he currently held a lot of power over her. Despite being in the same class as Nix, she'd never really paid him much attention. Possibly because she tended to disappear into the background a lot, often literally and Nix didn't seem the type to draw much attention to himself either. He seemed like a fairly nice guy and if he helped her out of this sticky situation then in her mind, he was amazing. He wasn't bad looking and there was something about him that seemed to draw her in, made her want to know more. Still, she just hoped that his impressions of her weren't bad enough to put him off.

2. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

This wasn't exactly how she pictured the day to go - not that she had a vision or plan for the day, since waking up late caused her to go into a panic. However, feisty Frida Logan did not expect herself to do such a thing - to make a friend like someone who was... apparently, Alice Moon. Possibly a shame, only now did the petite girl actually learn the artists name as hey shook hands in agreement with one another. It's not that Frida didn't like making friends - in fact, she did have a few! Contrary to belief as she is usually found on her own, but to be friends with such a sunlight-bright and creative personality was something rather new for her. It was a nice change, though. Frida already started enjoying Alice's company - and they had only started hanging out for the past few minutes.

'Okay. This Alice girl is cool - and she's already proven herself so much use! I haven't really done a thing yet. This friendship is definitely a plus side, mostly on me, I'm sure! ... heh, weird, feels rather wrong thinking of this sweetheart like that. Ah well, that is the situation right now isn't it? Aw shoot, I think I really am going soft. Alright, new mission. Electrocute someone by the end of the day - probably not this girl, but someone. Noted.' Frida continued to speak to herself in that crazy little mind of hers as she watched Alice fumble over the music player. With her attention divided, she made out that Alice was having some trouble with the audio for their project. Now, with the tape apparently lost, Frida let out an impatient huff.

"I don't understand, it's got to be here somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere."

'Ahh, so much for of use.'

"I've checked several times though. I'm sorry, without that everything's ruined. I mean, where could I get music now? I need that stupid stupid CD."

It was obvious the blonde was in a complete panic as she circled around the petite candy haired girl and talked faster than ever. Now, something like this happening seemed much more of what Frida thought a Tuesday would go - quite disappointing. To be completely honest, Frida was kind of exhausted on how her emotions have been played since the moment she woke up - and it hasn't seemed to be put into a stable condition yet. She woke up with her heart beating as fast as her feet managed to take her, then a small rush of awkwardness with trying not to be caught late, then another panic attack with her nonexistent project, but then suddenly - a glimmer of hope and joy, then even more hope and joy but now, it dropped back to disappointment and almost, regret. Maybe she should have just stayed in her room and get caught, get detention and possibly miss this whole project thing. It has already taken a lot out of her - and nothing had been done yet.

Oblivious to her surroundings since she closed of to her mind yet again, her new found ally Alice had disappeared from her sight.
    'Okay, seriously. This is kind of pissing me off right now. This is not what I had in mind when it struck me that I'd have a project for today.' She clenched her fist, not really wanting to release any sort of shock waves or electricity at the moment - this wasn't just worth it yet, and she could see that Alice was trying hard to make everything work. Maybe she could just electrocute Madam Lumia... that would definitely bring a stop to practically everything! No more projects, no more stress... but just then, in the corner of her eye, Frida spots the blonde artist. Her Madam Lumia plan had backfired, it wasn't that great of a plan either - who knew what length of troubles that would get her. The Academy seemed pretty tight about their teachers. Placing her mindset back to Alice, she noticed she was talking to a blonde boy - someone familiar... someone from yesterday! It was that kid who butted into their conversation, while they were in the presence also of the non-power user. She didn't really like this boy, or rather, how he told her off. It was completely uncalled for. His presence wasn't exactly appealing to Frida at the moment, and as if on cue, Alice then gestured towards her.

A small sigh escaped her pouting lips, then she shook it off and walked towards the two blondes, smirking the smirk she so often wore when she stopped by them. She places her hands on her hips, eyed the boy who towered above her height and finally spoke,
    "Oh, it's you." Frida said nothing more, she turned to her partner Alice who then started speaking about their project. She decided it was best if she didn't speak again once she realized that Alice was asking if he could help them with their project. Her smirk disappeared and she lowered her hands to her sides, doning a rather blank - maybe even a little bored-looking - expression on her face. She glances the blonde boy for a moment. It seemed like they really needed someone like him for the project and really, there was no other way out of this Tuesday dilema except the spontaneous joint-project they were now working on. This had to work out one way or another and it seemed like this boy was just another step towards their success in this - whether Frida liked it or not.

[​IMG]

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]

"Really?" He watched as the girl's whole expression lit up with happiness and positivity, "Thank you. Um, well for my project I'm doing a performance, so that basically means that I'm dancing/acting out a story almost. Frida here's helping me with some electrical special effects so it should be amazing." And he watched as she gestured to the girl with the candy-colored hair. Ah yes, Frida, the feisty, little, electric shrimp. He smiled, this would turn out to be a thrill a minute. He averted his attention back to the blonde girl in front of him, and she continued to explain to him her plans for this performance and his part: playing the music.

Something similar to my project performance? he thought, and immediately caught on. He knew what she was doing. A performance with passion, fire, and dangerous undertones. She then presumed to tell him was the play was about; a prison break, similar to a rebellion - fighting for freedom. He liked this, finally someone who was willing to start the fire, someone who understood. Nix smiled again, this was risky, sure, but it was one he was all too willing to take. He wanted to know, to see, on a much grander scale, what provocation of thought would do to the student body. A play was much more visual than music, only the talented could see the music, but a play, even a simpleton of The STRANGE academy could understand.

"Please, it'd be a lot of help." she said, seeming as if she were giving one last attempt to get him in on it.

"Yeah, I'll help you out." he told her, wondering how someone so timid could gain this courage to do something so blatantly rebellious. He liked it, and she didn't seem like a bad person to get to know, "I do love fires." And I love interesting things. He strolled past her in a fit of curiosity, suddenly wondering how this shy blonde girl was able to rope in the wild electric shrimp.

"Oh, it's you." And Nix laughed musically, was this her attempt in being haughty, intimidating, even?

"It's nice to be working with you, too . . . shrimp." Then, completely ignoring whatever her response may be, he turned back to Alice and began on questions, "When was this performance of yours planned, how long do I have to compose a piece, and will we be the only three working on this?"

Whatever spark was going to happen after the performance, he didn't know, but he would nurture the flames.

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Alice eyes lit up as Nix agreed, he was going to help her out and even more from his comment, he understood what she was doing. "You will? Oh, thankyou. This is going to be so amazing, we'll make one hell of a team." She laughed, finally things were going good, hopefully there'd be no more problems.

Although as Nix turned to Frida, she could see that her partner wasn't that impressed. She should of asked her new friend first, she just wasn't used to being in a team. Looking between the two she just hoped that they could get along, had Frida already made enemies with everybody? She seemed to be looking for a fight, yet Alice had seen with her own eyes that the girl wasn't as bad as her reputation suggested. She actually seemed fairly nice behind the whole hard as nails look, just nobody really took the time to look beneath that hard skin of hers.

Nix's question though made her catch her breath, her hand instantly going up to rub her neck, "How long? Um, well I'm sorry but don't you know, all the projects are due today? That's why I'm so desperate for your help, I don't have time to search for a CD or somehow get a new one. I know it's asking a lot and you don't have to compose an entirely new piece, just adapt something you already know or even the one you performed earlier. It's just we need to perform by the end of the day, can you do that?" She should of known that it takes time to come up with music, how could she have been so naive to think he could just play something off the top of his head? "I can dance to absolutely anything, it's fine if it doesn't fit exactly, just as long as there is music."

His other enquiry though made her just tilt her head, "Only three? Um, yeah, I suppose so. I hadn't even considered having other people in it. To be completely honest, this started off this morning as a solo project but because of the way things fell it's already up to three. Is this going to get confusing? So um, I suppose it's just us three but I'm pretty sure that together we'll blow the minds of our audience. If you can still do it, that is."

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Project? What project?"

"You know. The thing that was supposed to be done ages ago. It was on the PA just a little while ago! Weren't you paying attention?"

"Not really. It's usually the same things I hear over and over anyways."

"Well I don't know about you, but I've already finished mine. Later, man!"

"...Later." Aiden sighed and shook his head slowly as he watched the other N class head out of eyesight. He had better things in mind than to be stuck working on some forced project. The full extend of his artistic talent barely reached into the musical area and he wasn't the type to preform, especially when there were so many out there better than him. He folded his arms and bit on his lip as he watched groups of other students walk by discussing their projects. 'I could always try my hand at comedy. ...I'm not really a stand-up guy though.'

He stood silent as he mulled over it, letting the ideas pop up one after another. Each thing that came to mind was more idiotic than the next. Even after having fallen off the face of the RP universe, he had not had enough time to think it through. Aiden was screwed and he knew it. 'Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if I did nothing and let everyone else embarrass themselves.' He stuffed a hand into his pocket and walked forward, rubbing his arm with his free hand. Aiden looked down and smirked to himself as he thought over how easy things would have been if the project involved a physical activity. Anything physical would have been better for him. Then again, he knew it wouldn't be fair to put the other classes in competition with his own when it came to things like that.

He took his first reluctant step inside the drama room. Even if he had nothing planned, he still had to be there. 'Might as well see-Well...what do we have here?' Aiden paused for a moment and looked over towards a little group of three. One in particular caught his eye. 'Her.' He breathed out, though a little too loudly, in exasperation. After tapping his fingers against the lining in his pocket he decided to walk over to eavesdrop listen to what a group with Frida could possibly have planned. 'It's probably nothing good.' With strangely inhuman speed he moved out of their line of sight but not so far that he couldn't hear them. Still, it would have helped to have super hearing like his friend because he only caught a few sentences out of the conversation.

"Frida here's helping me with some electrical special effects so... I was hoping you could play something for me... prison break...rebellion..."

'Special effects, music, rebellion...Sounds like a play. Or a really bad attempt at portraying puberty.' Aiden listened further though when his attention returned to the conversation, it had already advanced to less interesting matters with the only thing of interest being what Alice last said.

"Is this going to get confusing? ...it's just us three but I'm pretty sure that together we'll blow ... our audience. If you can still do it, that is."

"Good luck working together." Aiden spoke up with a strong hint of sarcasm. It wasn't that he didn't believe they could work together and do a good job at it. It was just that he didn't believe they could work together...and do a good job at it. Especially with someone like Frida. "How many group projects have any of you successfully done? Excluding blueberry because I know you can't play with others." Though it probably came as condescending, working with a group wasn't something you could just do out of the spur of the moment. If everyone was left to their own devices, things would turn out terribly. Though Aiden's true intentions for expressing any interest in the project were hidden. Except not really, because any mention of "rebellion" or "prison break" would catch his attention.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]

The girl had thanked Nix once again and he smiled again, he didn't have to thank her so much, but he didn't say anything because she probably didn't know that he was more in tune with rebellion than anyone of The STRANGE Academy should be. This project, he hoped, would be worth the effort, and even worth working with the little shrimp. It's not that she was much of an issue anyway, probably not being able to bite too hard. He could work around her, because he knew Alice (at least, that was what he had gathered her name was) wanted this project to be a success, and now that he knew what it was about, there was no doubt he wouldn't help.

It was a bit of a wonder though; how could someone as sweet as this girl, Alice, team up with feisty, full-of-herself Frida? It was a mystery. Nix supposed that he wasn't too surprised though, with Alice's sweet temper and her immediately-likable personality, she could probably even get Lex to help out.

When she had heard Nix's questions, however, they seemed to take her off guard, and thus she began a nervous ramble. He figured she was afraid he wouldn't participate any more if he knew that a short dealing's time was the case. He had known all of the projects were due today, he just didn't know if she had arranged something with the Madam to perform it some other day or not, and that's why she was so desperate for his help, she had lost her CD and didn't have time to get a new one. Nix laughed, she was definitely desperate, but there was nothing wrong with that, at least she had come to the right person to help with music. She then explained to him how she was completely flexible and was able to dance to anything, and he suddenly had the inspiration for a composition, but it would definitely heavily rely on his performance from earlier.

She had, at last, told him that they would be the only three working on the project, which was fine with him. Too many people would just cause news to spread, he honestly didn't trust anyone with secrets, "Of course I'm still up for helping, you don't have to worry about that." he said with a smile, "So long as little shrimp here will cooperate with us, everything should turn out just perfectly." he continued, "We'll do a fantastic job together."

"Good luck working together." Nix turned around to see a student with white hair and recognized him as the N-Class from yesterday's class, and detected a small bit of sarcasm in his voice, immediately narrowing his gaze at him, "How many group projects have any of you successfully done? Excluding blueberry because I know you can't play with others."

Nix pulled his hands out of his pockets and his red eyes flashed, "Thank you, for your gracious input, jockstrap," he said with sarcasm, remaining calm for the moment, "I don't care to hear your opinion unless you'd like to join us." And then he immediately averted his red-eyed gaze back to Alice, inconspicuously hoping that she wouldn't allow him to join if his interest did pique at the suggestion.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Anya had plain ignored Madame Lumia's comments when she had walked into the class earlier. Madame Lumia didn't seem to be phased by it though, used to Anya's quiet treatment and taking it like it was some sort of Artsy performance on Anya's part and still give her a clap like she did with every other student.
    Anya had also ignored Madame Lumia's probing about her progress on her project. After all, Anya didn't even have a project... other than what her calculating mind was improvising this very instant.
    She just kept her distance from everyone as usual by remaining in the corner of the room as she ignored everybody else. Nobody dare approached her thanks to her usual well known reputation. In fact, Anya realised she hadn't actually spoken a word to anyone directly in a few days now. Did she feel lonely? Not at all. The only person you can rely on in the world is yourself after all. Anya didn't need the company of others. She was a survivor. Engineered to be 'perfect' (whatever that meant) - not that she actually cared about perfection. But that survival instinct was embedded into her.
    She just closed her eyes and began to focus, but then... something caught her attention. A piece of music...
    Ah yes... it was a composition by Nix. If Anya was the type to smirk, she would have, but since she wasn't the type, she instead kept her face blank. She however did catch Nix's oddly coloured eyes with her own unique eyes in turn once he had finished his performance. She didn't know what her look would communicate to him. It's not like she was even trying to communicate that much, but it was a sign that she acknowledged him and understood what his piece had been communicating. After all, Nix was probably at least in her view, the most 'aware' of the students in the academy besides herself. He seemed to be very in-tune with a lot of the deeper angles going on in the inner workings of their so called insitution. Furthermore, Nix had never given her trouble on any occasion. It's not that Anya was being 'soft' or anything, not that she fancied herself to be anything but either, but she felt that her fellow student at least deserved to know that his performance had even reached her. In the end, all the students (barring those who wanted to be there) of the Academy were in the same situation practically. They were all prisoners.
    Regardless... it seemed that others were also expressing their rebellious sides with their self expression projects. Very interesting... Anya had naturally expected she wouldn't be the only person with such an agenda on her mind, but when her ears picked up the following conversation between the 'blue haired volt box' and the 'blonde artsy girl', Frida and Alice - again conversation of risk taking came to her attention.
    Further more... this project seemed to be evolving as it then required Nix's involvement as well. Again, if Anya had been the type to smirk at the turn of events, she would have. Today was going to be an interesting class indeed, and hearing how she wasn't going to be the only one giving the academy something to think about, she already had worked out in her mind about just how extreme her project would have to be.

8. Krowley Moderator

Class was just over an hour into the day. One thing Madam Lumia was known for was to never worry about the time. Class started whenever some one entered the room. It would start on their own schedule, not her's or the school's. She also never took attendance. This, of course prompted kids to skip, but those who respected or enjoyed the arts were always there. She was definitely an enigma, but no one seemed to mind as her kindness outweighed her oddities.

The room was divided into 3 sections for the exam. People performing dance or musical numbers got to use the stage in front as it was spacious with all the lighting and sound equipment if needed. To the back of the room, a small art studio was set up for those handing in visual art pieces. Just a few canvases and paint for the painters with a large assortment of tools for the sculptors. Finally, to the right of the Art setup was a door to a soundproof room. This was of course for those who were performing musical pieces, though very few actually actually played an instrument.

Lex, finishing his art piece, sat down on one of the stools in the back of the room. He reached into his satchel and took out the Rorschach piece. He could have handed it in as it was, but there was just a small something he felt missing from it. An aspect he had overlooked or ignored. To his right side, sat only 3 colors, black, white, and red. The red was only used to sign his name at the back. All setup, his mind was still elsewhere. Occupied by the thoughts of his question yesterday and the school in general. A mixture of frustration and depression imbued his mind. He could have just stayed quiet for another year, but for what point? How many more secrets must be hidden? How many teachers pulled away to find some truth? These thoughts upset him, as he continued to stare blankly at his art piece, subconsciously listening to the conversations around him.

9. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

"It's nice to be working with you, too . . . shrimp."

Shrimp...? Shrimp. Did that boy just call her a... shrimp? For a very quick second, probably only half a second, little Frida Logan did not believe that this blonde haired boy just called her a shrimp. A shrimp as in the tiny, shelled creatures that turn orange when you cook them. Oh, they were tasty - but when you call someone a shrimp, you're calling someone a weakling. Frida knew this all to well - she was so often in the presence of little shrimps, and boy, did she love 'eating' them. But for her to be a shrimp? She didn't think so.

"Whoa! Whoa there! I am not a shrimp! I am nothing close to a shrimp! You have picked the very last person you'd want to pick a fight with! Are you even listening to me?!"
    she was on the tips of her tippy toes as she was yelling at the boy. They say that animals size up to their predators or prey to intimidate them - Frida was no where near Nix's eye level even but she wanted to threaten the boy who continued to converse with Alice as if she wasn't even there. She felt like a ghost. A ghost who was ready to pick a fight with this musician. Her fists were clenched so tight, she could feel her nails sinking into her skin. She was trying her best to keep control of her powers at the moment, when her eyes quickly glanced those of Alice's she knew that for this project they really did need this nasty individual on their crew. She heightened back down, planting her feet flat on the floor. She looked away from her two group mates with her eyebrows narrowed as she half-listened to their conversation and crossed her arms tightly over her chest and began sinking her nails into her arms this time - still fighting to keep control. Control was definitely an issue to the little girl's powers. Electricity was truly a great gift, but it came with many risks and consequences. One of which was since it was the element of electricity and thus is associated with charges - which everything really has - she can not control her state of being once she is experiencing extreme emotions.

That didn't alter anything she was feeling though - how she was increasingly disliking the project more and more. She was in no position to quit or run away though, she knew this had to be done. A project was a project and she wasn't going to get in trouble for not doing one, plus this had to do with rebellion - a change that might be perfect for the academy. Maybe then will they realize that the students needed to train their powers more than do silly things like this. Suddenly, as if all of the universe just wanted to continue to give her a bad day, a new voice came into the conversation. One that she wished she never wanted to hear that day - especially in their conversation.

"Good luck working together."

It was the non-power user, the one with white hair, that so exercised her self control yesterday. She disliked him greatly. He was not worth her time, nor her presence. Trying to remain in control, she huffed and made an obvious step away from the pathetic male. The word no was screaming in her head. No to the urges to electrocute this man and shoo him off, also to not speaking to the people she was with at the moment, and especially not to quitting on this project.

"How many group projects have any of you successfully done? Excluding blueberry because I know you can't play with others."

Frida furiously turned her head to the non-power user. She was fuming. She really wanted to electrocute him. Little sparks emitted from her hands, 'Blueberry? What is it with all these names?!'

"I don't care to hear your opinion unless you'd like to join us."

Picking up on Nix's obvious sarcasm, she finally came to an agreement with the blonde boy, "I play very well with others. I play with people all the time - and I always win. Besides, I don't see you can do any better - not that I'm not surprised by that." she snapped at the newcomer. Then she raised a threatening finger at him, "And I have a name, mind you. Frida Logan. I'm sure you already know. So don't call me blueberry or shrimp or whatever! Don't even dare to talk to me! You're a sorry excuse for a student in the academy so don't even try calling me names. Frida, call me that if you ever so patheticly have to. Get it in that ridiculous little head of yours!" she yells. Then, her whole being said no. It said no to all the no's from before. It said no to the thought of not speaking to the people with her and especially no to not electrocuting the non power user because before she knew it, she sent a shock wave through him. Nothing too strong, but something fairly unpleasant. It was more of a visual than something to inflict pain. The electricity displayed shined bright for the few moments it existed and caused many heads to turn their way.

Once the tiny show was over, she breathed out feeling a little relieved - still full of anger. Sparks from her hands didn't disappear. She turned to the new eyes set on their little group.
    "Oh, get back to work you scums!" she snapped but then quickly added, "That's just a little teaser of our project! There is much more to come later today and you better be watching or you're next!"

She quickly returned her attention back to her group, Alice and Nix, "Let's just get this over with already."

[​IMG]

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Another word of gratitude came out of the small artist's mouth to thank Nix as soon as he said he was still up for helping, she was probably overdoing that but she was just so afraid he would back out. Without him, she had no project and she'd be letting Frida down too after she promised she'd help her out. She was probably coming across as way too desperate, but he was helping, so did it matter? She'd somehow got them both to help, now they just had to organise themselves, this would all work out well in the end.

She wasn't really paying attention when Aiden came over, so his sarcastic voice took her completely off guard, "Wha-??" As she looked up to see the instantly recognisable white hair from yesterday, she just felt disappointment. Yesterday, he'd seemed like a fairly nice guy, he'd been a bit at odds with Frida but she could understand that, given Frida's attitude. Still she hadn't expected him to come over and just criticise their project, that just seemed so mean and unfair. He might have been aiming it at Frida but it was her project too and she did not like someone coming and purposely putting them down.

Her hand went up to the back of her neck which was already red hot as she took a slight step back. "It will work. It will work. It will work...", she muttered quietly to herself, as if convincing herself again that it would no matter what that guy said. She was determined to make a good project and not make the other two regret joining her, however she could feel tensions rising already. She didn't know how to react to being told it wouldn't work, she tried to avoid arguments, not get into them. She wanted so badly to disappear, like she usually did when trouble came looking, but somehow she convinced herself not to, to stay and see this through.

She heard the other two in her group start to reply and she nodded, they could handle him way better than she could. Nix was just so calm and seemed to take everything in his stride, how did he do that? She just admired the way he dealt with the situation. He didn't even falter, he had an instant comeback like he didn't even need to think about it. She was pretty sure she'd never be able to do that.

And then Frida, she was something else. Alice was pretty certain she never wanted to get on that girl's bad side. Despite being one of the few people who was actually smaller that her, Frida was certainly not weak. She too seemed to know exactly what to say, she wasn't anywhere as near as calm as Nix but she was just electrifying. The show of power made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. The electrical girl was on their side thankfully but Alice still hoped that that anger would not transfer to them. Being electrified was not on her list of things to do today.

The blonde girl took yet another step back, glad they were handling it but still fighting the urge to simply vanish into thin air. She was determined to stick this through but as she felt Nix and Frida's eyes fall to her, she froze. Were they expecting her to say something? There was no way she could respond to this new boy like they had. She didn't want trouble, all she wanted was to get this project done, was that too much to ask?

11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Aiden waved a hand dismissively at Frida's little display of anger. He knew that even someone like her wouldn't start a fight right in that room. It wouldn't be a smart idea for any of them to start hurting each other. He shrugged and shook his head at the group's own attitude towards him. He couldn't blame them, after all, it's not as if they were around when it happened. He lowered his voice when he next spoke. "Let me tell you three a little story about the first one of these projects I've seen..."

"Back when I first came here...or brought here...whatever." The thought of it always bothered him. He was almost certain he would never come to a place like this of his own volition but at the same time, he never remembered ever resisting coming here or ever even arriving. "An N class gathered some others for a project just like the one you have planned. They all had the same interest in making some noise with this play of theirs, but they didn't exactly get along." He paused for a moment before continuing with the story. "Anyways, when it came time for them to present, they started fighting amongst each other and a G class that was involved ended up nearly setting the other members of the group on fire. Needless to say, they couldn't keep their act together and the audience had no idea what was going on."

"You'd think that something like that was worth just detention because their message never got out...but they did leave a very detailed script behind." Aiden crossed his arms and shook his head. "I haven't seen any of them since. If you guys are planning something, you better be sure that you can hold it together without any doubts about it. By the looks of it, your group already seems to be filled with the same attitude problems as the ones who preceded you had." He looked towards Frida then over at Nix. "Neither of you may like to hear it, but anger issues like that are more than likely going to bring the whole project down without someone to keep things in order." Aiden finally turned his attention back towards Alice. "Aren't you a little too soft to keep these two in check?"

He took in a deep breath. Aiden wasn't always the talker but he had to speak up. Whether he cared about them or not, he didn't want to see the same thing happen again. He was older than them, though not by much, so he knew a thing or two about events that had happened before any of the other students had appeared. "If you want to continue anyways, take my advice. Get someone to keep you all in line. Nobody was there to do the same the last time it happened. With everyone trying to take charge it all fell apart. Too many strong personalities in one spot isn't what I'd call a good thing." He turned away from them slightly. "But hey, what do I know? I'm just a jockstrap."

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    '

Nix had listened to the white-haired student's story. He made it sound as if group projects were the end of the world for whatever students were participating in them, and then even went as far as to insult his temper, and the little shrimp's temper. He was indeed used to being on a short fuse, but losing it here would only prove the jockstrap right. Of course Nix knew the repercussions of failing, of missing any details, he wasn't stupid. He would not be the one to start the fire, never, only make it grow.

What he did find a little insulting was that the N-Class had placed Nix himself on the fiery level as Frida, the little rebel who would pick a fight with anyone. Nix could get along with anyone, but the little shrimp was just too fun to tease; he could set her at ease very well, if he were kind enough to her. And then he goes and insults Alice, of all people, speaking to her as if Nix and Frida were dogs.

But keeping his cool, Nix rolled his eyes, "I'm sure she's more than capable," he said with an abnormal calmness, one which he wasn't used to, "But thank you, jockstrap, for . . . caring so much." He then turned to Alice and Frida, who he knew would lose it soon enough, being on an even shorter fuse than himself, "Alright you two, if we want to have this project done by the end of the day so as to perform it, we better get onto work." he explained to the both of them with a smile that he hoped would sooth the both of their (more than likely) fragile feelings, "I'll be returning to my practice room so that I can compose a new piece. I assure you that it'll do just what you want it to do," he told Alice, and then putting his hand on her shoulder, he smiled again, "This is risky business we're getting into, but we'll get through it together. Great idea, by the way."

After his words, he turned on his heel and began heading to one of the practice rooms, and passing the white-haired student, he mad a low comment, "Thanks for the advice, Aiden. I'm sure we'll be alright." Because honestly, he did know his name, and he didn't like stirring bad blood, he had just been a little worried over the reactions of the two girls. He thought back to earlier, putting his hands into his pockets, about the reactions of the students when he played his music. A lot of them, as he had expected were just sheep reactions, going with the crowd, thinking that the music was beautiful and that was all. There was one person, he distinctly remembered though: Anya Kurse.

It wasn't abnormal to have strange-colored eyes, but not many of the students did. Out of them, only a few, a handful, let it bother them when people commented on them. Nix, oddly enough, was one of them, and so was Anya, as he had come to understand. He had never personally talked to her, but they had a sort of mutual agreement to respect each other. She didn't bother him and the same went for her.

Shutting the world off behind him, Nix closed the door, picked up his white cello, and began playing the voices of revolt.

13. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Alice was as still as a statue, she didn't even move to touch her neck, she just stared at the older boy. His story had shook her up, she'd never really considered the consequences. She'd been doing it on her own before and had accepted the risks. But now she'd dragged two other people into it, could she really drag them down with her? Should she back out now before the damage was done? What should she do? They were depending on her.

Then there was that last question, that got to her because it was more than likely true. She probably couldn't control those two if they decided to go against her but she was hoping she wouldn't have to. They were smart people not animals, she never wanted to be the leader, she'd thought it might now be a joint project where they all wanted it to work. She didn't want to order people about and boss people around. She hoped that they'd respect each other and that would be enough. She was a firm believer that you didn't need to shout to be heard, a quiet whisper could have more effect than somebody yelling their head off. If she had to yell, she was going wrong.

Nix's reaction calmed her down, she'd been stuck for words but Nix's reassurance kicked her out of her trance. He still believed in her, he still wanted to go ahead. Maybe, they could still do this. Her hand slowly formed a fist, she was never one to give up that easily. She tilted her head and looked straight at the white haired guy who'd nearly stopped them in their tracks. She spoke quietly yet clearly, making sure that he could hear every word. "Maybe you're right, maybe I hadn't fully realised the implications of what I was doing. Maybe we aren't fully prepared. Maybe I'm not so tough. But maybe just maybe we can still pull this off. Maybe we can do something that'll go down in history." Maybe she was getting ahead of herself, she considered but continued regardless, "Maybe I won't need to control them, they are not animals and who says I am in charge? We are a team, partners and no one person is better than anyone else. I had hoped we would respect each other and listen. We aren't monsters. Maybe I'm too naive but that gives you no right to come over and insult us. Maybe I was wrong about you, I thought you were a good person. But fine, instead of lecturing us, what would you have us do?" She increased in volume as she went on but never once went louder than normal speaking levels.

She stopped and just stared at him, she was shaking a little. She wasn't really sure what she was saying but she didn't like being told she wasn't good enough to do something. Slowly she turned to Frida, "Listen, I'd understand completely if you want to drop out now. What we're doing is dangerous and the consequences may be too heavy. I wouldn't think any worse of you and nobody needs to know you were ever in it, I won't damage your reputation. It's your choice, don't let anybody choose for you. However, I think I need to do this. Sorry." She smiled slightly at her new friend, wondering what her decision would be. Frida may be a rebel and not one to drop out easily but she also wasn't stupid, she had to understand the magnitude of what they were going to do.

14. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Aiden's eyes followed after Nix, saying nothing as the boy left to do his own work. Just a little longer and Aiden figured that Nix would have lost his temper. He seemed too proud to let that happen in front of him. 'Hm.' Though it was quite obvious that they didn't like his tone, he was glad that at least Alice and Nix were committed to the idea. If one group couldn't do it, then maybe this one could. Even despite his pokes at their weaknesses they weren't on the verge of giving up just yet.

"I'm not suggesting that you chain them up to do your bidding. Though..." He glanced over at Frida. "Well..." Aiden cleared his throat and tried to keep himself from grinning at the thought, no matter how amusing it was. At least none of them had the ability to read his mind. "It's good that you're so fixed on this. If I had been around to do the same thing to the last group who tried this, they would've broken apart. Still, my point stands. Teamwork is fine, but every team has its leader. Or at least someone to be there when things get messy." If Alice wanted a suggestion, then she would get it. "I was able to get my hands on that script." He paused. "I destroyed it though...but that group did have someone to coordinate what was supposed to happen on stage. That way they didn't have everything going off at once. If he would've done his job properly, it might've been a success. ...Maybe. I'm no critic." Aiden scratched the back of his head and averted his gaze.

"If you don't really care about having someone in charge of keeping you all from tearing each others' heads off, you could at least get someone to keep your play in line. ...Not sure what kind of job that would be though." He shook his head slowly. The name of the position that other person held eluded him. He shrugged as he gave up the search for the title. "Just don't give up. I really don't want to see the same thing happen twice. ...I lost a good friend that day." And with that, Aiden went silent and turned away, like a boss. Except not really but it was just for dramatic effect since they were in the drama room.

15. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

Frida wanted to say many things - things that would probably get her in some heap of trouble. To her surprise, and surely many others, she decided to keep it all in. It made her build so much tension inside - but for some odd reason, she just couldn't find herself to start speaking. She wanted to comment on the story told by the non-power user - especially about the G-class being involved who nearly set them on fire. She felt he targeted her on purpose by saying that. Sure, she probably would have done something of that matter but seriously, it felt that way. She felt insulted. The petite girl also wanted to comment on how the non-power user seemed to feel like he knew just about everything. He talked like he knew who they were. Was that his idea of a sick joke? She only spoke to this man yesterday - what gave him the right to speak as if he knew her?

'Does he even know who he really is? No one in this whole darn school knows who the-'

Biting her lip, Frida immediately tries to dismiss the thought. She turned her head to the side, away from the group, as she fought the screaming words in her head that would complete that thought. This was something little Frida Logan did not like to think about. Something she kept inside because it made her a mess. She would cry and she would get angry and she would just jump into this toxic bin of emotions that she couldn't handle. It was one of those thoughts like when someone thinks about the world ending and the thought doesn't escape even if the person tries so hard to put it to the side and it just fills the person with such sadness and confusion for seemingly no reason at all. It was very hard to fight it. She gripped her arms tighter than ever - hoping that the others wouldn't take that much notice of her. She shut her eyes tightly too - hoping that the tears that came along with this thought wouldn't make its presence. Then, she took a deep breath and put her attention back to the group - though obviously, her mind was elsewhere. She turned to them, only to find Nix walking away. She looked at the two others still left in the group, sniffing a bit.

It was Alice who spoke first. She went on about being a team and wanting to continue with the project with a confidence she didn't really begin with during the start of the day. Then, the artist turned to her,

"Listen, I'd understand completely if you want to drop out now."

'Nope. No way am I dropping out. I need this project and I am not wasting time to find a new one.'

I wouldn't think any worse of you and nobody needs to know you were ever in it, I won't damage your reputation. It's your choice, don't let anybody choose for you. However, I think I need to do this. Sorry."

Before speaking, Frida took a breath to collect herself internally - still hoping the others didn't notice much of her sidetracked moment a while ago - "I'm not going anywhere. No matter who leaves or joins us." She glances for a second to the white-haired boy standing next to her. "This is my project too now, so I'm sorry if I'm going to be trouble - it just happens to keep finding me. Plus, I'm sure you don't have to worry about me it seems like my reputation is already as bad as it can get." she says with a slight, truthful sarcastic tone. She meant that to be a comment to how they've kind of been comparing her to a wild animal or a uncontrollable monster of some sort. She knew though, that this was still a risk - and quite a huge one. This could easily get her expelled if it is not dealt with all seriousness and planned correctly. That would mean she would probably disappear somewhere or get killed or worse, have her powers taken away. She didn't know for sure what they would do to her if they found out the true meaning of their project but she was thinking of the worst - and if they took her powers away, they took away all that she had - and that really scared the feisty Frida Logan.

This project was definitely going to happen. That was something she wanted to tell the non-power user. Yet again, she kept it under her hood as she was still half preoccupied by horrid thoughts. What made it a lot worse was that the non-power using scum was at least half right with the things he was saying. Like, she actually agreed with him. The thought of agreeing with a non-power user kind of made Frida sick inside, but it was true. They needed a plan a very good one - one that wouldn't end up with a project that was like the group done before. Something that won't let them share the destiny of the white-haired boy's friend. They needed to do something the others didn't or not do something the others did - and the only person who could be able to help them probably was this non-power using scum. Frida did not like the thought of that. Possibly being bossed around by a non-power user? How embarrassing could that be? That would definitely ruin her reputation. However... her reputation or her life? That was on the line. Frida released a little huff, she would never want to be caught dead saying such things to a non-power user but it had to be done. She ran over to the white-haired boy, tapping him on the shoulder and looking at him feircly,
    "Well how about you help us not get our hearts ripped out and tell us what things we should and shouldn't do? Yes, sure, no, never? You have twenty seconds to respond to this invitation or so help me, I will puke on you."

[​IMG]

16. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Things were tense, more so than Aiden thought they would get. Frida's attitude surprised him the most though. She was actually willing to accept help from someone like him. That wasn't something he had expected. 'I thought she was more stubborn than that. Hm...' Aiden crossed his arms and thought over what Frida said. He figured that his own words might have implied that he felt that he should lead the project. This wasn't true. Aiden just believed that he could keep things from falling into a chaotic mess. It didn't feel like it was his place to help them, even if he had a personal attachment to something like this.

He ran a hand through his snowy hair and stood silent for a few seconds as he thought it over. The empty threat of having Frida "puke" at him weighing not-so-heavily on him. "I don't know if I could stop something like that from happening...but..." Aiden lowered his hand and took in a deep breath. "If you all are willing, I can lend a hand. " Aiden looked over towards Alice. "I don't have any intentions of trying to take over this project. It's still all yours." Aiden spoke in the most polite tone he could manage. He extended his hand towards Alice, hoping for her to shake it. Aiden glanced back over at Frida, looking the blueberry girl over. Whether or not she hated the idea of him possibly helping the group, she had been the one to actually give him a chance. Maybe he had charmed her into doing it? ...Nah. Though Aiden could guess that there was more to her than he originally had thought. Maybe, just maybe...she wasn't a natural blueberry at all.

"I prefer the name Hunter, just so you know Frida." He said, finally speaking her name rather than calling her by some stupid nickname. "Do you have any preference?" He asked, this time direction his question towards Alice, the blondeberry. Well, now that nickname was ridiculous and Aiden figured it was time to stop making things up and just call people by their names. 'What's with me and berries anyways?' During this entire mental exchange of his own, he showed no signs of drifting off and staring into space. After shaking hands with Alice, or if Midnight refused to, Aiden awkwardly offered his hand towards Frida half expecting her to shock him or give him a vicegrip.

17. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]
    [/url]

Alice grinned as Frida let her know she was still in, she couldn't say she was surprised, Frida was too stubborn and too much of a rebel to let a let a little danger stop her. Still, she'd been beginning to have some doubts though with the stakes getting raised, it was more relief than anything to hear her friend say those words. Plus, now she knew that she was doing it of her own choice and wasn't just being forced into it. That was one thing she really did not want to do, force them to do this and get in trouble.

Looking back to the white haired guy, she listened to what he had to say. She was a good listener, even they said something she didn't like she found it was worth listening. It helped you understand what they were doing and if you listened well enough, you could usually pick up little bits of information that may turn out to be useful later. At least he didn't seem to be insulting them as much now, he was instead suggesting that what he joined them? That he was their leader? She couldn't see that working out well, after coming and insulting them he hadn't got their respect. In her mind, respect was the one thing a good leader needs. Still what he said was food for thought, someone to stop them from tearing off each other's heads? She hadn't thought it would ever come to that but what if it did, she couldn't stop Frida and Nix on her own.

What her candy-coloured friend did next was a complete surprise though. She went and actually asked for his help, a non-power user, this girl was full of surprises. She must really care about this project if she'd swallow her pride like that to ask him. They hadn't talked about it first but she guess she deserved that after asking Nix for help without telling Frida first. They really needed to get better at telling each other before asking random people to join the project.

He seemed to accept and commented that he didn't want to lead the project, which actually came as a bit of relief, but she just smiled. He also revealed his name, which stopped the need for her to ask him. Then he asked her, "Me? Oh well not really, I'm just plain old Alice, nothing too special." She answered, shrugging, she considered saying Ghost as that was really the only other thing she tended to go by but it seemed a bit inappropriate when they were just doing this and she wasn't even using her powers.

He seemed an unexpected addition but as he offered his hand out she took it, nodding her head, "Looks like you're in but you're still going to have to prove yourself to Nix when he returns. Also there is no way I'm going to let you stand around idle, just waiting for things to turn sour. If you're in then you're helping, even if it's simply moving the scenery around. Understood?" She laughed and shook her head. "You have a very roundabout way of doing things, insulting people isn't usually the best way to go about joining them. Likewise that also isn't the best way to stop people ripping each others heads off, so please at least try to get along with everyone."

18. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]

Frida looked elsewhere as the non-power user thought of what to respond to her surprising, even a shock to herself, invitation. It was a simple yes or no answer, and she did give him a couple seconds to reply. Of course, she wasn't actually counting - she was square on giving the boy enough time to respond so long as it didn't get awkward and people started to notice Frida associating herself with these sort of people: the non-power users. She was relieved to see that the other students did indeed return to their respective projects after her little display or her powers, that meant no one was particularly paying attention to them right now. This was good. Then finally, the non-power user began to speak:

"I don't know if I could stop something like that from happening...but..."

'Good heavens, I just asked for yes or no. I even added in never or sure. What else does this man have to say.'
    she though impatiently, each second that passed felt like forever to Frida. Maybe it was because she returned to increasingly not liking this guy now that she successfully pushed away all other thoughts. She was now wrapped around the fact that she couldn't believe she personally asked for help from a non-power user. It disgusted her and if this boy didn't stop beating around the bush and just saying the answer to her horrid question she swore she really was going to vomit on him.

"I can lend a hand. "

'Ugh, finally. That's not what you had to say but that works. Now, shut up.' but the non-power user didn't shut his mouth. He went on about not wanting to take over this project. Ego, much? Frida certainly didn't have that in mind. She wanted help - yes, it was clear that this was really a reality now - not someone to boss her around even though it might come to that. Everyone bossed her around in group projects, it was annoying. To have a non-power user in her group was disturbing alone, to have a non-power user in her group as a leader would be absolutely humiliating. She shivered disgustingly at the thought, only to realize the non power user had turned to her, introducing himself and calling her by her actual name.

She scrunched up her lips, disgusted again,
    'He actually said my name... it's kind of disturbing. I don't like it. He makes it sound all gross, suddenly. Yuck. Um, okay. I'm going to have to think of some alias for him to call me now. Might as well have one, anyway.' Before she could speak about the desire for him to not speak her actual name - because he didn't deserve to be able to say - he turned to face Alice and speak to her. She pouted, she'd have to do it some other time then. She then realized that everything he did or said really began to annoy her now. It was probably because she was mad at herself for being the one to invite the scum, or as he'd like to be called Hunter.

Paying attention to the group again, she nodded quite over dramatically at everything that Alice was saying. Her intent was to imply that they still had a higher position over the guy. They were power users after all and the white haired boy over here wasn't.
    "If you're too slow, you're fired. If you're not moving, you're dead. If you're not working, you're going to not want to know what will become of you." she adds confidently as she looked up at Hunter - only to find an extended hand out to her. She stared at it for a quick moment. A handshake? What was he playing at?

"Hah!" she said, then leaned slightly and spat at his hand - like, actually spat at his hand - then turned swiftly at her heel, facing her back to the man and crossing her arms over her chest. "Don't think you're worth my time - you're just a group mate for this project. We can make actual, physical, skin contact when we're dead. You're still a non-power using scum... Hunter." she decided to add his name in the end, just because he put the effort to say her own. Which reminded her of her little request. She turned her head to him, "By the way, scratch what I said a while ago. Don't call me Frida. I hate it when you say my name, you make it sound disgusting. Call me... um... er, Volts. Yeah. Volts, you have to call me Volts. Okay? Good."

She turns back to Alice, and let out a sharp exhale of annoyance, but returned calmly to her.
    "So, we should really actually start on the project, hm? How does a script sound?"

[​IMG]

19. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Alice just stared at Frida, not quite believing what she'd just done, that girl was really something else. "Okay, um, Frida, seriously, what was that? No offence or anything but I just don't understand you." She shook her head, "Make up your mind. First you invite him and then you actually spit in his hand when he accepts? Why'd you go and do that?" She asked, she didn't want to get on the wrong side of her but right now she was just struggling to understand her logic.

Although, in the short time that she'd known the electric girl, she'd already discovered she was anything but predictable. Expect the unexpected and all that lot, in that way she wasn't that surprised. She took a deep breath, "I just don't get why you invited him him to stop us fighting when you knew you'd just fight with him. I guess it doesn't matter now but can we all just try to make an effort to get along? Please? Thankyou." She rolled her eyes slightly.

Shaking her head once more, she turned to Frida to actually consider her question. "A script? Um, do we need one? You see, I'm uh, not too good at the writing thing. I hadn't realised there was actually going to be anyone speaking. It'd be more for the audience to listen to the music and watch the performance and interpret for themselves. So we'd like act out being trapped in a prison or something, then the rebellion and breaking out with your special effects and stuff. Do we need a script?" She asked, rubbing her neck.

Come to think of it, she wasn't very organised at all, she'd just got a rough idea of what they were doing and had hoped it would somehow all come together. A bit of improvisation here and there and it would work out fine. That probably would have worked if it was just her but now with more and more people involved, was it naive of her to think they could just do that? Maybe they did need organising. She glanced at Hunter, he'd known that, hadn't he? That's what he'd meant, perhaps they did actually need him more than she'd realised before.

20. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]
    OOC: Just gonna try messing with color options. >>
    BIC:
    Aiden shrugged slightly as he watched the others, having dodged Frida's spit at his hand with no visible effort. With someone as fast as he was, it wasn't something to be shocked about really. He just knew that she would have to warm up to him...eventually...maybe. "Roundabout? Well, I suppose that sounds like me. Sorry I'm so...confrontational. Trust me, I'll make sure I prove my worth. I'm sure Nix will come around to the thought of having me around." He looked over at Frida when she brought up the subject of the script. Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly for him, she asked Aiden as to whether or not they should have one. It didn't take much thought for him when he came up with a response for her question. "No. That's the whole reason why that other group was caught. If it had just been a terrible accident they would've gotten detention. With that script...well, they aren't here to tell us what happened to them."
    Aiden shook his head quickly. "No script. I hope you all have good memories." He scratched the back of his head and bit on his lower lip as he thought to himself for a moment. "What's the plot of this whole thing anyways? I trust that you're more than capable of not making the message too obvious for the audience. I caught some of it from eavesdro-er...overhearing, but I'm not entirely sure what you have planned."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.