The Years to Come; A Harry Potter RP

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Garxena, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Also, this is to everyone: How would y'all feel about bumping back the timeline so that we start only a month or two into the school year?? That way, we can explore the characters relationships some more, and involve the non-first years more too.

2. Always Dance Chaser

That's fine with me.

3. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Hi there~ I always saw the OOC thread of this and then for some reason I thought that the RP had gone too far and I wouldn't be able to catch up and stuff.
    But I love Harry Potter to bits and I really would love to join, may I? :'3

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Aw, Ok. I was liking the way it was going but I guess its ok...

5. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

@-dinamplified: Yeah, you can join! Be sure to read the rules. And feel free to ask any questions you've got!

Rules have been updated, everyone!

@kingdomhearts530: We won't have to change anything we've posted so far (I will just change my first post). (: Everything is the same, just a few months difference (this way we can do Halloween and Christmas at Hogwarts too!). The only thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is this: first years won't know that many spells because it's the beginning of their time at Hogwarts (I will change the list of spells so that first years can only underlined spells and will learn others as the RP progresses). I will be doing teachers (unless someone else wants to too). To simplify things, although it is unrealistic, all the first years will be in the same classes, same for the second years, third years, and so on. Classes are: Herbology, Divinations, Defense Against the Dark Arts (or DADA as the students call it), Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Astronomy, History of Magic, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies, Flying, and Apparition. (Did I miss anything?)

By the way! I totally forgot this idea until now! Who would want to create a ghost?? =D Or take the ghost of a House (they're still the same from the books)? Depending on how many people want to do this, or what ideas are presented, ghosts could become very prevalent characters. I'll accept 5 at max (and I won't have one unless a House ghost decides to pop up for a moment in the Great Hall or something). C'mon! You know you want Myrtle! Or Peeves! (Who else was sad that he wasn't in the movies??)

6. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Tummer i couldn't make heads or tails out of the last few sentences of you post.

7. Always Dance Chaser

Yeah tummer I'm not quite understanding you either. I get that you're saying Voldy might want to return because Harry's dead, but you're also saying the Ministry would keep track of his offspring...do you mean Harry's or Voldy's?

8. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Hoorah! Thank you n__n
    Oh, and I have read the rules, don't worry c: !

Username: -dinamplified
    Name: Faye Rosenthall
    Year: one
    House: Slytherin
    Wand type: Hawthorn, Veela Hair , 8 inches
    Biography/Personality: Faye is a pureblood. Her father is a great wizard, and her mother a great witch. However, they choose to live in a muggle society. Faye has never experienced magic, but she is very eager to learn it. The only thing she is more eager than to learn magic is that she would love to finally fly on a broomstick. Her father used to have quite a history for quidditch and she hopes to be as good as him one day. Faye is a sweet girl, and is very resourceful - especially with things to do, as she had no siblings yet knew she was a witch. Imagine 11 years of waiting with that.
    Appearance: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/night_demon418/witch_in_forest.jpg

if you don't like anything/want anything changed, just tell me!

9. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

What a neat character! Jack's gonna have fun with her. >3 lol I'd love to let you be a member of the Quidditch team, but I don't remember how placement on the teams works with firsts years. ><

10. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

You guys mind i join the RP?

11. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Of course not. The only House open right now is Hufflepuff (the last spot for Slytherin is reserved right now), but that shouldn't stop you from joining! (: Just be sure to read the rules and whatnot!

House passwords are up, everyone!

12. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Ah, sorry. I meant that they would track the children of the ex-Death Eaters. It's the thought process of an eleven year old...

13. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Username: • Jay •
    Name: Jay Lionheart
    Year: One
    House: Hufflepuff
    Wand Type: Ash wood,Hair from the tail of a unicorn, 9 inches
    Biography: Jay is a half-blood wizard. He is the son Arthur and Mary Lionheart. Jay is regarded as 'weak' by his parents and is frowned upon by the whole of the household. He has previously attended Hogwarts but had dropped out falling behind from the rest of the class. From that point on he had started to learn magic outside of school knowing full well it was against the rules. Jay sometimes shows moments of high level wizardry giving him the potential to be one one of the strongest Wizards of his generation. His disregard for the rules and determination to surpass everyone makes him a very suprising young wizard.
    Appearance: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/2885808172_bc065d636c.jpg

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

holy cow, you guys started without even letting me know. Now where am I supposed to enter? I can't think of a good way

15. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

AHAHA Thank you! Yipes. Okay. Jack. I will watch him now x) 'Kidd.
    First Years usually don't make it to the Quidditch team really. Except you know. Harry. But this has no relation. Thanks again! c:

Hey! Don't worry, I'm still going to have to think a couple of minutes on how to start as well :'D
    lol I'm just going to jump into it xD

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I was just wondering, you have that list of spells, but how many do you want us to use from it at max? Maybe 5-6 or something?

17. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

OK. So for Faye, she can be a darn good flyer, but unfortunately not make on the team because of upperclassman having more experience and yadda yadda. (: I'll put Faye into the accepted characters list.

@ • Jay • : I'm still trying to think over your character. I don't want to reject anyone from this thread, so I'm trying to find a way to make this work. I don't have any problem with the age, it's the learning-magic-outside-of-Hogwarts (or the other two schools) part.

@ Aqua101: Thanks for reminding me! I have to edit that list. The spells that stay underlined will be up for use; more can be used as the thread goes on and they learn them in their classes. As for the link that I posted that contains all the spells, they're all up for grabs for second years and up. But, I remind everyone once again, be careful in what spells you choose. For example, a second year probably wouldn't know the bubble-head charm.

18. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I realized in my last post I said the wrong password I'm going to edit that now. Sorry!

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, i was wondering about that a bit

20. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Oh okay! That sounds good! Thank you n___n <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.