The Years to Come

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Garxena, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"I don't have O.W.Ls," Ben began. "I'm only a first year. Wait! Do first years have to take O.W.Ls now?!" Now he had a whole other set of worries. He thought only the fifth years took the O.W.Ls. Were they pulling his leg again?

Jack smiled. "Hey, it's no biggie; you've got to do your studying. Trust me on that. No matter what professor you have, you're gonna want to study. The exams here are no joke." He sat down next to Faye. "So what did I miss? Anything else dramatic and unsettling?" He laughed as he grabbed a bagel.

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh, it's that fifth year from last night, Olivia thought, and he's talking to that girl... Faye? I'm not sure... Well it wasn't any of her business, but sitting here and not
    doing[/url] anything was driving her nuts and she was ready to go to library and do some research already!

She sighed to calm herself down and put her small hand to her cheek, Well, we can always make new friends to pass the time... She made her way over to the older boy and the girl named Faye and she smiled as she watched the older one grab a bagel and laugh. "Hello," she said politely as she watched the two talk, "My name is Olivia."

3. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

OOC: Not sure when classes start, so I decided to address Jacob's classes- and the one's he'll be skipping today.

Jacob pulled out his schedule. He scanned the first couple classes... he only had to skip a few in order to research in peace.
    The list read:

First: Herbology
    Second: Divination (ugh)
    Third: Defense Against The Dark Arts
    Fourth: History of Magic
    Fifth: Potions
    Sixth: Muggle Studies

He crossed his arms and bit his lips. He loved Herbology but hated Divination... He loved DADA but hated History of Magic... there were no two classes close enough together to skip as well as fit his schedule. He sighed. Everything was going wrong for him lately... last night... today... he slumped his head. Blowing the hair out of his eyes, he straightened his back and clenched his fists. "I can do this. Don't have to worry about anything." He straightened his arms and placed a check next to Defense Against the Dark Arts and History of Magic. He'd take those two classes off in order to research the Chamber of Secrets. Maybe he'd save the school... maybe he'd be a hero. He grinned and clenched his fists. "Things are going my way."

4. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]
    Faye Rosenthall ☄
    Slytherin ↔ First Year
    тι¢к тσ¢к, тι¢к тσ¢к, נυѕт єℓєνєη уєαяѕ
    αη∂ ι’ℓℓ вє Æ’яєє. тι¢к тσ¢к, тι¢к тσ¢к.

Faye smiled, â€Oh, I know what you mean.†She scooted over slightly as Jack sat beside her. â€Well, headmaster over there announced about that prank other students were talking about last night. I think it's about something called the Chamber of Secrets. I read about it somewhere. Honestly, it's pretty big. Those seventh years are going a little far with it.†Faye ranted, she just read about it this morning in the library before going over to her morning classes. She was to say more but a girl had walked up to them. Well, this was different indeed. But Faye liked it, more people - more friends!

She glanced up to her a smiled, the girl was from a different house too! Olivia, a Ravenclaw. Her own House mates wouldn't even mind her, this made her feel really happy inside.
    "Hi!" Faye chirped with a smile, "My name is Faye, this is Jack."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [​IMG] x [​IMG] x [​IMG]
    ❏ ╍ ❝ The moment you touch the sky is the moment everything is forever ❞ ╍ ❐

5. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Inside, Jack scowled at the Ravenclaw who'd approached them. She was ruining his plan! "Hey there." He smiled in greeting and held out his hand. "The Ravenclaw table boring? Us Slytherins are much more entertaining." Maybe he could use this to his advantage; but it would be hard to play two first year girls. Where was Erin when he needed her? Probably amusing herself with that seventh year Hufflepuff. What was her name? Oh yes, Becca.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

"Actually, I was just about to be on my way to the library," she replied with a smile, shaking the one named Jack's hand, "But yes, my table was a bit boring to be around. I'm not really fond of sitting around and doing nothing, not to mention class doesn't really seem appealing at this point. What do you think about the writing
    on the doors?" she asked.

The only people's opinions she had been getting was really first year kids. And since this was happening, it was likely that many eyes were on the students of the Slytherin house, which wasn't entirely fair, but half-way expected. "It seems like some pretty serious stuff..."

7. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]
    Faye Rosenthall ☄
    Slytherin ↔ First Year
    αη∂ ι’ℓℓ вє ƒяєє. тι¢к тσ¢к, тι¢к тσ¢к.

”Actually, I don't know much about it. Jack says it's just a prank, but I agree. It seems pretty serious.” she told Olivia. She ignored the fact that she said classes weren't much appealing. Skip classes? Could you really do that here? She used to do it in her old school, when she got bored - but at Hogwarts? Though the library still sounded very welcoming as always.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [​IMG] x [​IMG] x [​IMG]

8. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Serious?" Jack spread some cream cheese on his bagel. "Nah. You should have seen my Care of Magical Creatures class a couple of years ago. Somone thought it would be funny to let the Cornish Pixies loose! We spent the next two hours running around Hogwarts, catching them all." He put the bagel halves together. "But if you guys want my help in getting to the bottom of this, I'll gladly help you."

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

"Wow," Olivia began with slight wonder on her face, "You'd really do that?" she asked. She hadn't expected a fifth year, much less some of her friends, to be so accommodating about it, "Well,
    as I said a bit ago, I was planning to go to the library... Would...you two like to come with me?" she asked, now almost timidly.

10. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]
    Faye Rosenthall ☄
    Slytherin ↔ First Year
    αη∂ ι’ℓℓ вє ƒяєє. тι¢к тσ¢к, тι¢к тσ¢к.

Faye had to bite her lip at the thought of going over to the library instead of class. Her next was Flying. Flying. How she loved that class, but, maybe, she had to set her priorities. She was going to fly again, the prank of this could be something very different. She gripped her History of Magic book tightly before hesitatingly agreeing, ”S-sure. I wouldn't mind going to the library... at all.” That probably never sounded convincing, but willingness was in her expression.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [​IMG] x [​IMG] x [​IMG]

11. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Heck, I don't mind missing my first couple of classes, but I've got an exam in Divinations in the third hour." Jack stood up, taking a bite of his bagel. With these two girls as an alibi, he didn't have to worry about his... other activities. He wondered if that Becca girl was enjoying her accommodations.

12. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Jacob fixed his bag onto his shoulder. He was going now. To the library. He was going to skip his classes. He was incredibly excited, but nervous as well. He coughed and brushed the hair out of eyes. He was doing this. Nobody would see... right? He strode uncomfortably out of the room and turned the corner. He continued to tell himself he would save the school... of course, he didn't know whether it was a prank or not... yet.

13. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

" I was just joking! Don't worry!" laughed Layla.
    "At home no one ever takes my serious but here everyone does," smiled Layla at Ben.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

"Well, he's not the only one." Silea blushed a little, embarresed that she didn't catch the joke.
    "Anyways, I've gotta head off to class. I'd rather get there a little early than miss some of it. I'll meet you guys in the library later." Silea grabbed her bag and walked out of the Great Hall.

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Olivia clapped her hands happily, "Alright then!" she said to the two enthusiastically. She had just made two new friends, just like that! Although Faye really didn't seem to keen on the idea, it would look like Jack going would be enough to convince her. Olivia herself
    would finally just be happy to be finding out what was going on with the strange writing.

She justified this curiosity with the reasoning that since she was going to this school, "Besides," she continued, "I think it would be helpful, wouldn't you say? I mean, we are going to this school, and doesn't it make sense that we have a right to know what's going on? Even if that means stepping out of line a little bit, I believe it's justifiable." she said with her hands clapped together.

16. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Layla watched Silea leave and waved to her.
    "So Umm.. Ben... What classes do you have?" asked Layla.
    " Mine are Herbology ,DADA ,Potions,Transfigurations ,History of Magic and Flying- in the order," She laughed.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Silea waved back to Layla as she left the Great Hall. "Let's see, my class schedule is Potions, Flying, DADA, and Transfigurations." Silea sighed as she walked toward her potions class. "Well, I'm not really looking forward to Transfigurations, but as soon as that's done I'll be able to head to the library and check some stuff out."
    Silea walked through the halls towards her potions class, where she was hoping she wouldn't forget any of the stuff she studied last night.

18. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Tybalt had decided that he wanted to join the others in ditching their classes in order to see what was going on. However, on the way to the library, he caught a glimpse at his sister, so he just decided to turn back. His next class was History of Magic (which he hated because he could just read the text book and use the time more wisely) and the classroom was in the other direction. He sped up his walk until he found the boys lavatory, where he could hide out until she went away.

However, Juliet didn't notice Tybalt at all. She was too busy remember her spells for her Defense Against the Dark Arts class that was coming up. She knew that studying while walking was bad idea; she had trouble focusing on her surroundings when she did that. When she felt satisfied with what could remember, she hummed to herself until she noticed Olivia. She knew that Olivia was a first year who sat with her younger brother, and she was surprised to see her not hurrying towards her class. To her...it seems suspisous. "Excuse me," She called out to the girl

19. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Jacob looked at his schedule again. He shouldn't show up to his first few classes, only to skip the next... he grabbed his quill and edited his choices. Instead of skipping the third and fourth classes, he'd skip the first two. He wouldn't miss anything important. He started on his way towards the library, a happy hitch in his step. As he walked down the hall, he grinned. He was going to learn about the Chamber. He was going to save the school. Something caught his eye, however. It was another group of students, none of them on their way to class. Were they skipping as well? He tried to remember their names... Olivia. He'd seen her. Should he ask them what they were doing? He shrugged. If they were going to the library, he'd meet them there. He checked the time. Classes were about to begin. Jacob quickened his pace. He could see the library doors... so close.

20. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Oh, a joke," Ben tried to laugh. He was so gullible. How was he going to get through anything in life if he couldn't figure out when someone was just joking? Trying to hide his shame in himself, he listed off his classes, "I've got Herbology, Flying, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Potions, and then DADA." He looked around and saw that everyone was starting to leave to get to classes. "Uh... We should go."

Jack took another bite of his bagel. How many girls were going to come over here and mess up his plans? He didn't recognize this Gryffindor, but she looked like a nosy little snot to him. He hid his displeased frown by chewing his bagel. Maybe this Gryffindor would be the next to join Becca. He didn't care too much about the Great Hall emptying around them; he'd already decided to skip his first two classes anyway. With his brown messenger bag over one shoulder, he stuck his bagel-free hand in his pocket and adjusted his weight to one foot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.