The Years to Come

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Garxena, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

"Cool we have Herbology together! So I guess we'll go together...," said Layla
    "I mean if you wanna," blushed Layla

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

OOC: Tummer, I have a brother? DX

"Excuse me," Olivia heard from behind her. The younger girl jumped and turned away from Hack and Faye to see an older girl with orange hair, towering over her slightly; Olivia was very short after all.

Isn't that Tybalt's sister...? she wondered to herself. Why was she here? Did Olivia do something wrong...? "Uh... Hello," she said smally and innocently, "Is...is something wrong?" The girl took this moment to look around, seeing various students starting to empty the Great Hall - it must have been time for classes, but Olivia wasn't planning on going to class, at least not today, and she was glad to have Jack and Faye tagging along with her.

3. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

OOC: My talking text is hard to read. Color change.

Jacob threw open the library doors and strode in. It was empty. Brilliant. He walked quietly to one of the bookcases and began to scan for good material... "Chamber of Repose... Chamberpot...." he frowned. Nothing on the Chamber of Secrets. He grabbed a few chamber related books and plopped down in front of one of the tables. He pulled a book on "London's Chamber of Commerce" and began to read. The writer blathered on about the economy, and three pages in, Jacob became bored. He glanced into the Restricted Section. "Maybe... in there?" he said to himself, shuddering. He'd just wait for those kids he'd seen to come along. It wouldn't be as creepy- or as dangerous- with help.

4. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]
    Faye Rosenthall ☄
    Slytherin ↔ First Year
    тι¢к тσ¢к, тι¢к тσ¢к, נυѕт єℓєνєη уєαяѕ
    αη∂ ι’ℓℓ вє ƒяєє. тι¢к тσ¢к, тι¢к тσ¢к.

Faye was too busy weighing the good and bad skipping Flying would do. Possibly her next class, Charms, as well. It kind of upset her, but she had to push that away. This was knowing something! Something the teachers would not bother to teach kids because maybe it might endanger them or even just waste their time. Or confuse them, however, Faye was sure they had already done that to her. Especially with the announcements of the headmaster. she hoped all this wasn't seen through her expression.

A girl popped in beside them, knowing Olivia. She looked at her. Gryffindor! Another house! Unsure if a greeting would be polite, as this girl was talking to Olivia and not herself, she just offered a smile to her. Not even sure if she was looking or would look at her direction at all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [​IMG] x [​IMG] x [​IMG]
    ❏ ╍ ❝ The moment you touch the sky is the moment everything is forever ❞ ╍ ❐

5. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Yeah!" Ben smiled genuinely and ran a hand through his dark, orange-red hair. He wondered why he hadn't noticed that they were in the same hour of Herbology before; probably because he was so occupied with the work and keeping to himself. He didn't very much like to work with other students on projects if he didn't know them very well. But he really liked the group of friends he had now. He'd do anything for them. That's just who he was -- shy and unassuming, but strongly willed when necessary. "Let's not be late." He stood up and picked up his bag, fixing his House robe after the strap of his bag rumpled it.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

By their tone, Juliet could tell that they were up to no good. She remembered being a first year and always trying to get into trouble. She understood the feeling, but with what happened, she thought it was best for these kids to not take the risk. "Classes are about to start," Juliet began. "No one is meeting in the library today and I doubt that you have a free period right now, being that you're first years."

ooc: @Saxima: When I meant that 'next to her younger brother', I meant 'her' as Juliet, not you. XDX

7. Jayn

[​IMG][​IMG]

ooc: Sorry for my absence. I have no idea what's going on, so I'm going to throw myself into the group planning to go to the library. I was there all along, guys. In the shadows.

Her violet irises peered up nervously at the woman, body slouching and thumbs fiddling with one another. She twisted in her chair and smoothed her palms over her customary robe. She hadn't managed to make up her mind yet, whether she would go and skip classes or not. On one hand, she felt tremendously lucky to be here at all, and she didn't want to risk being kicked out or getting in trouble. But on the other hand, she wanted to get to the bottom of this too, and investigating seemed like the quickest way to do that. Bubbly and jittery, she bounced subtly in her seat, a childish whimper leaving her as her eyes continuously met and averted from the ones around her for guidance.

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Layla smiled and nodded her head. She too grabbed her bag full of books and followed her friend out the of the Great Hall. She wondered to herself if it was possible that she might like him. She shook the thought away- No she was being silly. She only liked him as a friend-or did she?
    OOC: I hope you were implying that he was about to walk out of the great Hall if not I apologize.

9. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Al moved quickly through the students on the staircases. She didn't have a class until 10:05 so she had time to use looking for Becca. She knew the other Hufflepuff so well -- they'd been friends since their third year at Hogwarts -- but she still couldn't find a plausible reason for her friend to be MIA. She went over her theories again. She's not sick; she was fine last night. Would anyone want to jinx her? No; she's the sweetest thing. Would she have gotten lost? No; that's just ridiculous. Could she be skipping her first class? Of course not! Al groaned aloud. I'll check the common room one more time.

Ben happily walked with Layla out of the Great Hall. He was glad to be getting to class; a bit of normalcy was what he needed right now. The classes would take everyone's mind off this whole "third round" thing. He wasn't listening to the other students by the time he and Layla got outside. He loved the way the air smelled -- sweet like after a thunder storm -- and that was enough to make him stop worrying about what he and the others would be doing on their lunch. For a moment, he wondering if the smell of the air outside of the castle was enchanted, like the ceiling of the Great Hall, or if was natural. Then he wondered what they'd be doing in Herbology. They didn't have an assignment to turn in, so today's scheduled lesson was a total mystery to him.
    "Hey," Ben smiled at Layla. "What do you think Professor Umbry has planned for us?"

10. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Doran was one of the last students remaining in the Great Hall after breakfast, which wasn't unusual; he habitually woke up a little later than his dormmates. If he were anywhere else, he might worry that he would be left with the scraps that everyone else had left, but the food was plentiful at Hogwarts, so he dawdled as much as time would allow. He had missed the Headmaster's announcement about the mysterious message on the doors, but was caught up through listening in on gossip at the Hufflepuff table. He found that the student body's sentiments on what the message was could be sorted into two categories:
    1) They think it's a practical joke and an act of vandalism, or
    2) It's something more sinister and also an act of vandalism.

As for Doran himself, he couldn't make heads or tails of it, and frankly wasn't too worried. Some of the best wizards and witches in the world worked and lived at Hogwarts, and were fully capable of protecting the school.... right?

After clearing his plate of bacon and eggs, he picked up his books, and trudged out the doors of the Great Hall towards one of his least favourite classes, History of Magic. He probably wouldn't dislike it so much if it weren't for Professor Smives' general dislike for students.

Maren reached her destination. Her favourite spot to spend time was perched on one of the low walls of one of the courtyards. She quite enjoyed having a free period first, and often spent that period here, sitting with her back against the cold stone wall and read. Sometimes she'd read letters from home (her Muggle parents were always overly delighted when her Great Grey owl, Eeyore, tapped on the kitchen window), other times she'd read a book -- sometimes one of her school books if she had to study. And on the occasion, when she didn't feel like doing any of the above, she'd people-watch. Like she had decided to do today.

11. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Layla walked in silence with Ben as the walked to their. After they walked into the class and heard Ben ask her a question she just shrugged her shoulders.
    " I don't know. I think that last time the chamber was opened they did a lesson on Mandrakes. Maybe we'll do that." said Layla.

12. Daxa~ #stalker

OOC:Im pretty confused as to whats happening etc,so Im just gonna jump in! :p

Ro left the Great Hall and thought about making her way to her first class,Potions.
    "Am I in the mood for Potions today?" she mused out loud to herself,beggining to walk down the corridoor.
    "Or should I just go and sleep somemore?"

13. Saxima [screams geometrically]

OOC @tummer: Right, right... I totes knew that.

Olivia frowned at the girl, "B-but..." she began, feeling slightly small at the moment, "I never said I was going to the library..." And with something to go on, she felt a little more confident, Right, I can talk my way out of this... I
    hope,
    she thought, "I never said I was going to the library, not at all. I just talking to Jack and Faye to see what they thought of the mysterious writing, right?" And she smiled at them. She continued, not waiting for a reply, "I hardly even noticed that...the other kids were going to class..." she said, her face still feeling red. She would be embarrassed to be caught in her lie. She was a semi-good liar, but sometimes someone from above wasn't always very fond of her, so it would just kind of...backfire.

She was really hoping that this wasn't one of those times.

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Juliet gritted her teeth. She new that it was curiosity of the youth, but it seemed like the whole school was blowing everything out of proportion. "Don't tell me you're caught up in this Chamber of Secrets nonsense as well. You look like a brilliant girl; I thought you were smarter than that. The way Tybalt goes on--". Juliet felt that she should stop talking there. She had an the unfortunate ability to say too much in conversations, especially when she wasn't thinking. Just turn around or else I'll report you to one of the professors."

15. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

"Excuse me," Jack stepped in front of the two first year girls to face Juliet straight on. "Hi there. Name's Jack; fifth year Slytherin. Look, I know you're trying to be all nice by telling these two lovely ladies here what to do, but it's really none of your business." His tone was polite and easy-going. "I happen to be close personal buddies with the Head Boy of Slytherin so if you don't want your House to loose all the points it's got right now, you'll be on your way. And we," he smiled at Faye and Olivia, giving no hint that his friendship with the Head Boy was a lie "are going to the library."

"I'd like that," Ben thought about the possibility of learning about Mandrakes hands-on. "I've read a lot about them but I haven't had the chance yet to see one up close. They're dangerous, you know." He took his seat around the long, tall table that cut through the center of the greenhouse and took the strap of his bag off his shoulder, placing his bag on his lap.

16. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Tybalt, from afar, had taken all that he could bare. While he was upset that Juliet almost said something to one of the girls that he didn't want her to hear, Juliet was still his sister who always looked out for her. This new kid, strutting down the halls and acting like he owned the school, he felt a burning sense of hate. He hurried to his sister's side, wand in hand.

"You do NOT talk to Juliet like that," Tybalt told the boy.

"Tybalt, calm yourself," Juliet told her brother, noticing the boy's wand. She then turned to the young Slytherin. "What about you? Certainly skipping out on classes for spread even more dark rumors will also lose you some points. And even if we do lose those points, I can easily gain them back in the next Quidditch match." Juliet put her hand on her hip, mostly to feel for her wand, in case she would need it. Spells ran through her mind; which one seemed appropriate to disarm a child.

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]
    Faye Rosenthall ☄
    Slytherin ↔ First Year

Faye's eyes kept traveling form person to person. She swallowed down the gulp in her throat as they all spoke, with quite an intonation in each of their voices. Then, a boy appeared with wand at the ready and she immediately got to her feet in alarm. What was all this? Was this really happening? How she wish she weren't even there right now.

She took a tiny step back when the Gryffindor spoke to her. She started playing with her fingers as she stammered for a couple of seconds. Her dark eyes found the confidence to look at the girl,
    ”W-we just want to learn more about what's happening.” Faye chirped. Dark rumors? What was she even talking about?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [​IMG] x [​IMG] x [​IMG]

18. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Olivia didn't like this, she wasn't the cause of all this tension, was she? She hadn't meant to cause anyone harm, or to make other students tiff over this... She felt bad, so she took a step forward, "Umm..." she began timidly, reverting back to her original personality, "I don't...think w-we should be arguing you guys... There's no need for this, we were just curious about the Chamber
    that's all and..."
    she couldn't think of a better argument, and to older students arguing was very intimidating - she almost wanted to cry about it.

"M-maybe we should just go to class..." But where had all of her confidence gone? She felt terrible, immediately turning into a coward like that. She wouldn't, it was disgraceful, she bet that when her dad was her age, he took bunches of risks and didn't regret any of it. Of course, Olivia felt bad about lying, but she would just say she was going to class, then sneak off to the library... Now to tell Jack and Faye...

19. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Juliet hated playing the bad guy, but she found no sense of feeding these ridiculous rumors any further. "Alright then," Juliet said as she eased up and walked behind them. She was going to make sure that they went to class.

Tybalt didn't feel any better though. Although he wasn't as courageous as the others, he also wanted to know if this did have anything to do with the Chamber of Secrets. With his wand put away, he walked along side the girls. "I'm sorry my sister's acting like this. She's just worries a lot..."

20. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

[​IMG]
    Faye Rosenthall ☄
    Slytherin ↔ First Year

Faye followed alongside Olivia. She was still tense about everything. Her hands clutched her History of Magic book tightly. She turned to Tybalt when he spoke. ”It's okay.” she reassures him, not really knowing what to say. Instead she turned her attention to her feet, thinking. At least now she didn't have to worry about missing Flying - her favorite subject. Though the trip to the Library seemed so exciting...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [​IMG] x [​IMG] x [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.