The Yugioh Card Duel Arena 9.0

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Draw phase
    *hand 6*
    Standby phase
    Activate anything?

2. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

hfudskijhdfkhfdsilfadsplas;k;hlahores;hiraeoihraehiraeifrairfihoae

hate you both so much right now

A plague on both your houses

lol i dont even have a ds anymore .... it died

3. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

Oh, maybe I'll buy it too! and I've never played kingdom hearts.

4. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    To Catch you up, Brookyln:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8c...zLWJjZTAtZTllODY2OTc2MTMx/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

So you can understand it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Brooklyn!
    There are 5 members on, all normal,Our time is now! Onward! We make us 2/5 so It'll be easy to win!
    WE WILL RRRIIIISSSEEE!

They will hate me no more ; ;

[​IMG]
    Proof (Of existence; If you're riku You'll get this but if your not.) ^^^

5. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

You may just need to replace the battery. And it's for the 3DS actually. I don't think they make DS games anymore.

6. Rafael Yuki Merlin's Housekeeper

I Played one time..but i don't like kh =P.

And Its funny how people cry over grapha hahah.
    Grapha will never be Hit,Never.Konami Loves Him To Much to limit/ban =/

7. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

No, he just stopped being meta.

8. Rafael Yuki Merlin's Housekeeper

This^
    i love you <3(no homo)

people still say dark worlds are meta -.-'
    i hate that....

9. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I would say something to this but I made it a point that I was gonna start ignoring all inept comments I saw about this game so I'm gonna ignore both of those.

@Fred: But because I'm sure you're probably still mad at me for that argument we had about what decks were competitive and which ones aren't and the others let me just go ahead and say this:

I ended that argument because you won't listen to me. I tried explaining logic to you and reasoning with you but it did no good. If you would play the actual meta you would see that things like Hopeless Dragons and Ojamas etc. wouldn't do well. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain this to you anymore or dig up and find links for you cause I know you'll just go off on me and think of a way to tell me that I'm wrong like you always do and you won't even care that those people in the link actually play the real game and know what they're talking about and you'll look for a way to go off and say that they're wrong too same as with me. That's why I don't wanna try to explain things to you anymore. I've done that too many times and it does no good. I'm sorry but I really don't have the time or the patience for this anymore. I think you're a great guy and very intelligent but you really shouldn't make claims that you aren't fit to speak of. You REALLY ought to play the actual game first...

As for our previous debate I was merely just stating my opinion on the aforementioned cards that I said were gamebreakers. I'm well aware that they can be dealt with yes but no one can always recover from them. I know that's why there's a match feature and all but I was just saying it's not fair to be able to turn the game around with just one card. Turning the game around should take actual SKILL not "DERP I DESTROYED ALL YOUR MONSTERS WITH DARK HOLE". Well that's my opinion at least. Also the fact that they can be dealt with still doesn't mean they aren't broken. Just saying. By that logic, no card should be Banned, Limited or Semi-Limited. Because they can all be stopped somehow...

10. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm going to deal with this next bit first, and hope that I've calmed down a bit before coming back to the part you put here.

Our disagreement is over what "fair" is. You believe it to be one thing, I believe it to be another. The reason for a ban list has nothing to do with "fair" however. There are two main reasons for a ban list, both of which I've heard you give as the two reasons why there must be ban lists, and which I feel are 100% accurate. The first is to create variety by reducing cards like Pot of Greed that have no down-side that would cause a reason not to run them at three in every deck, thus making all decks largely the same, because they all run about twenty cards that are generic and powerful, and with little to no down side. The second is to stop a so called "broken" deck from becoming the most powerful, and the only one succeeding at high levels of play.
    With the current ban list, there are only two spells I know of that fit the first reason. Monster Reborn and Dark Hole. Monster Reborn brings back any monster from either players grave at no cost, and is thus powerful whenever anyone has a powerful monster in the grave, and some times even when no one has anything powerful in the grave, as long as they have something. Even Banishment decks can use it if either side has Burial from a Different Dimension or something is destroyed while they don't have banishment up. Dark Hole is powerful because monsters are strong enough that having your field wiped hurts, but easy enough to remove that your monster zones are clear a good bit, thus one card can easily even things up in terms of monsters after your opponent pulls ahead.
    I do not believe that any Traps fall into the first category within the current ban list, as my main deck, and also my most powerful deck, my Fables don't run a single trap and can still fight powerful decks effectively.
    I do not believe that any monsters fall into the first category simply because they all must be summoned, which can take away from something else being summoned, and the powerful ones are mostly reliant on advantages given by their deck for their summoning or effect, and thus they would contribute to the second category instead. At present there are three main meta decks, and it's unclear which is strongest, so no decks fall under the second category.

As I recall, I never personally said that they were competitive or meta, and in fact said that they weren't when you said I was saying that, but merely argued with you over what could be considered a "good" deck, and tried to say that it didn't need to be powerful, and able to beat most other decks, to be considered "good".

... What the hell are you talking about? You act like just because I play online and haven't been playing the meta much I've been playing some sort of "fake" game. Just because I'm facing mostly decks that used to be the meta doesn't mean I don't "actually play the real game". In fact, I believe I have much more right to say I "actually play the real game" than you do. How many duels have you been in since BLS was unbanned? How many duels have you been in since the wind-up loop became meta? You said you didn't even know what the loop was, or whether or not banning Hunter would stop it, because you stopped actually playing. I didn't give up on Yugioh the first time I met the Loop and my GB deck lost its entire hand the first turn, and ended up staring at a number 17 in attack mode with nothing in hand but Gladiator Beat's Respite. You had given up before then. Instead I've kept fighting my hardest against powerful decks knowing that if I wasn't good enough my Fables wouldn't be able to support me, so I had to get better, and learn to use them better, and build them better so they wouldn't have to lose. That is playing "the actual game". I fought hard and got better and my Fables got better with me, and when I see a wind-up deck I know that I have a chance, and my Fables are strong enough that if I don't let them down, even if we lose a duel along the way, I can take the match. Even when they side to counter with things like Light-Imprisoning Mirror, I know that my cards and my strategies are strong enough that I can win. Remember that screen cap I posted about Unicore "dodging mirrors and negating veilers like a boss"? That was a match where I faced the wind-up loop, a member of the meta, and won the match 2-1. Please don't say things like "You REALLY ought to play the actual game first...".

11. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Well the banlist at least USE to be there to make the game fair but apparently that's no longer the purpose of it...

Alright then can you tell me how the heck it's fair for someone to win because of lucksacking?

Some little kid could think that he's so smart just because he won because of a lucky draw...

*facedesk*

By the real game I meant the meta...local tournaments...

That was what I didn't understand.

THANK GOD THAT'S BEEN CLARIFIED NOW...

I stopped playing because I'm sick of Konami's stupidity. And E-Heroes are/were my favorite deck to play. But I've looked more into Hero Beat and it's not really my thing. I prefer to be able to spam and abuse Fusions. But that kind of deck clearly doesn't work as well. Hero Beat seems to revolve more around Gemini Monsters and doesn't spam Fusions as much.

12. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

Can you please explain to me the difference between local tournaments and dueling people on DN?

13. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Are you freaking joking? Please tell me you're joking...How can you POSSIBLY ask that?

14. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

because what DN is.. is a gathering of people.
    can you tell me what a tournament is?

15. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

Welcome to the Planet.
    Welcome to existence.
    Everyone's Here.
    Everyone's Here.
    [Everybody watching you, Now.
    Everybody waits for you Now.]

What happens next?
    What happens next?

16. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Do I really need to say this? I shouldn't have to but I will. It's because the people who play the actual meta and go to locals know what they're talking about and the people on DN don't...

Local tourneys I mean.

17. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

enlighten me on how they know what they're talking about and the people on DN doesn't.

18. ...Too many post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

If you truly don't know this then there's no point in me even trying to explain...

20. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

"I just wish it could be like Middle School when we were all friend's *Sniff*"

"She doesn't even go here!"

"Is that true?"

"Yes, I just have lots of feels ; ;"

"Get out..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.