The Yugioh Card Duel Arena 9.0

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

if there's no point in even trying to explain, then there's basically no point in this argument because you refuse to support the "facts" you're giving me.

2. Why must we argue,
    Why must we fight,
    When we can live the day, and be like the night:
    At peace.

3. StardustXtreme Chaser

Okay...? I'll explain this even though it is easy to tell

Local Tournaments
    Basically, a gathering of people from different towns to a forementioned building, there are also Judges, people who check the rulings of cards to see how they resolve or other things, a Tournament is consisted of Rounds from 1-5 or 6 with the Duels being Matches which are best out of three Duels.

Whoever wins a said match gets points and by the end of the prelims, the ones with the highest points of a Top 8 creates the Quarter-Finals then Top 4 for the Semi-Finals and finally Top 2 for the Final Match, winners get like booster packs.

Duelling Network
    Duelling Network is basically just a gathering of people who don't host a Tournament since there are so many people playing it, Tournaments can be hosted on DN provided you know whose taking part and give points to winners, the losers don't lose any points.

Judges
    Judges are like enforcers of the rules of the game but also helpers if you have a question and see if the effect or such would take effect or such, you can apply to become one provided you have alot of knowledge of the game and how the reactions of certain cards would kick in.

Sealed Pack Tournaments
    Basically, you get a pack of 5-6 boosters and from it, create a deck, the Current Banlist doesn't apply in Sealed Deck Duels are they are supposed to be unrestricted, in my club, we have a Battle Pack Epic Dawn Sealed Tournies sometimes so we can use Raigeki or Dark Magician of Chaos.

4. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Oh my God damn fuсk I have no idea how you guys can be so annoying when you aren't even trying...

DN is a wretched hive of noobs and scrubs. Those people are like 1000x stupider than the ones on Pojo...And they hardly even know the freaking rules...I've gotten more of a challenge from the CPU/AI opponents in my Tag Force and World Championship videogames than I have from them...

EDIT: Thank you Yusei.

5. Well I loose real often to those people... ;~;

6. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

Again, I will delay responding to one part of this and hope to have calmed down a bit.

It's fair because you have access to the same cards he does. You have just as much of a chance to add Dark Hole to your deck as he does, and if you both add the same amount of any card you have the same chance to draw it. You call it lucky and act like it's a bad thing. I call it being able to draw a card in your deck. It's the same as when you draw Stratos. It's limited, you drew it, it's fair. If you can beat me because you drew it, you beat me fair and square. As long as you're not stacking, and I have the same ability to acquire the cards, I believe it to be fair. Sometimes you win because you draw the right card at the right time, sometimes you lose because you draw the wrong card at the wrong time. The same goes for your opponent.

I've been trying to clear up that miss-understanding for a while. I apologize for being unclear and allowing it to persist so long.

I don't have experience fighting Hero Beat, so I don't know the specifics, but I can say that I had to do something similar. At first I wanted to keep my deck pure. At first, Honest was my only non-Fabled monster. Then I started adding in more lights like Guardian of Order. Eventually, I admitted to myself that my deck would be much stronger with Morphing Jar, so I allowed myself most non-light monsters. But for the longest time I wouldn't use cards like Snipe, and Gorz, and Doppelwarrior solely because they were Dark, and I thought my deck should remain pure. Then BLS came out, and I wanted to use him both because he was strong, and would make me stronger, and because he was Light. After that, I let myself add in Snipe, and Gorz, and Chaos Hunter, and other Dark monsters to try it out. At first I didn't like it, as a BLS strategy slowed the pure speed and Synchro power that I had come to love in my Fables, and made getting out my Ace, Quasar, much less likely. But that was when I started to get powerful. I entered a whole new level of game-play and started having duels where I didn't know who would win, but I had a lot of fun. That's also the time I started playing Rated. It didn't take long for me to recognize that the Dark part of the deck didn't limit me and make the game less fun; it gave me more options, it made me harder to counter, and it allowed me to use stronger cards that I previously wouldn't use. That was when playing was the most fun for me, and now that I've started to play Rated and mod my deck again, I can start having duels like the one against that Wind-up user that are fun, and require all of my skill and experience.

This. This is the problem. When you say things like this not only does it devalue me as a duelist, not only does it devalue my beloved Fables, it devalues every experience I have had playing this game. Every struggle that I have learned from. Every time that I have fought my hardest and defeated someone who was using a strong deck that I previously thought I wasn't strong enough to face. Every time I did my best but couldn't quite blast away the last few hundred Life Points, and lost. Every time I was getting torn apart, but I saw an opening and went at it with everything I had.. Only to be shut down without even laying a finger on my opponent because they were playing on a whole other level, and there was nothing I could do. Every time I thought "This isn't fair. I can't face a deck this powerful, I should just give up". Every time I added a new card to my deck and removed an old one in the hopes of becoming stronger. Every time I discovered a new strategy. Every time I predicted my opponent's move because I'd faced their deck before. Every time one of my plays was countered and I needed to think of another route. Every memory of this game is made worthless when you dismiss it as a fake because it wasn't in a Real Life tournament against Real Life people; it was just a game on the internet against people on the internet. When you do this I can't help but be angry because I've worked so hard to become better and to make my deck better and you're saying it has no meaning. It doesn't matter if the game is played online or IRL. It doesn't matter whether they're using a Skull Servants deck or a Wind-up deck. It's a game that's made to be fun, and I find the fun to be in the challenge, and in bettering myself to overcome that challenge. When you say that isn't real, I can't just pretend that's okay.

7. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

What you're saying, Jaden.. is that the majority of DN is of a lower intelligence than that of people who go to tournaments..
    Facts are supported by evidence, what you're giving me is not evidence that the whole majority of DN is like this.
    as of today, we have never checked to see if this was true or not, so we cannot say that it is.

8. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I'll say this too cuz I probably really should. I realize that I've probably given most if not all of you the vibe that I'm a dick and that I'm mean and whatnot and I'm sorry but it's just frustrating when you guys refuse to take my advice and listen to me when I know that you're wrong. I mean some of you like Aqua for example would constantly come to me asking for advice as if you value my opinion but yet you would refuse to listen to a single thing I say...

9. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    I made a Red Nova/Flamvell deck to force me to become an offensive player.
    Because defensive, if I even am that, is pretty hard to make for. It's alot easier to make a deck and make it defensive than make a defensive one from scratch.

10. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

what you're saying.. is that the only big difference between a tournament and DN is that you get something from winning.
    that does not affect the knowledge of the player nor does it affect the skill of one.

11. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

I would appreciate it if you responded to my post directly, or said that you did not intend to, as I do not want to restate myself if you're already going to reply, but I can't let this drop with those words.

12. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

[​IMG]
    What we're trying to say is the people on DN are newbies and the people who go to tournaments aren't...

At least that's what I was trying to say...

Didn't really know what to say to that last post.

13. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

and I am saying that you do not have enough evidence for your facts to be proven true.
    right now, they're just your opinions.
    also, please don't say just "people on DN". that's talking about everyone. including me and Fred.
    that's why I said the "majority" of DN.
    and there are people who aren't like what you just described.. you can't judge a group solely on a few encounters of people who are what you consider "newbies".
    that's how racism starts sometimes..

Edit: hmm.. maybe I shouldn't have said "majority" since that was what I said, not you. @ my post on it.

14. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

'kay. Then I'll resume being annoyed at this one.

Do you know what the difference between those who play on DN and those who play in tournaments is? The ones who play in tournaments care enough about the games to go to tournaments, and have their entire decks IRL. The people who play on DN may or may not care enough to go to tournaments, and have their entire decks IRL. You act like there isn't a single person in the world who goes to tournaments and plays on DN. When you say everyone on DN is a newbie, not only are you saying that I am a newbie, you're also saying one of my best friends, plus one of my other friends (that's you Terra, I don't hate you.) are newbies, and that everyone I've every struggled against, everyone who I've faced to form the memories I mentioned in my last post, is a newbie. While I don't mind you insulting my skills, and any insults you level at my Fables I can simply say are me not building them well enough, and thus make them insulting my skills.. I can't just let you go and insult my friends.

Now, on to what I'm actually going to say. Not everyone who plays in tournaments IRL can play with other people IRL to test out all of their ideas, and practice to get better. For those people there are the yugioh games, but those AIs are laughable compared to skilled players with strong decks. For those who want to compete seriously the only option is to face other people, and with IRL out of the question, the only way is through the internet. Thus those people who play tournaments IRL come to places like DN to hone their skills. When I faced you there, we played a match which I won 2-1. You claimed you had horrible luck and so I blew you away, I think I also had reasonably poor luck those games so it evens out. Since then my Fables have become much stronger by facing strong people on DN who I could barly stand even with my new strength, and wouldn't have had a chance against when I played against you. It's not just the decks, many of the people who I've had fun dueling with actually recognized my Fables, and were able to try to trip me up because of it. That Wind-up player I was talking about, on their first turn of the first duel of the match took my Kushano, and thinking that I was running Fabled OTK, overlayed with Hunter into Zenmaines to avoid giving it back, instead of going for the loop. If I had indeed been using Fabled OTK, that would have been an amazing move, and may well have cost me the duel. That's a sign of a player who is strong, and experienced, and adaptable, but was thrown off by the fact that I was using an odd variant of Ragin Turbo, rather than a Fabled OTK deck. Unrelated to that, if you go to DN around the time of tournaments, or right after a ban list change, you can see duel notes of people testing for the new ban list, or testing for the upcoming tournament. People who play DN can also play tournaments, and even if they don't can still become good by facing people there who are good.

15. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Nonononono ugh that's not what I meant. I'm talking about the random people who go on DN. The ones we just randomly play against. GOD YOU GUYS ARE INFURIATING...

I'm done with this. You guys never listen to me anyway so I should just stop trying. Just go play at your locals yourselves and compare them to the people you play against on DN skill and deckwise and then you'll see what I mean.

16. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    No.

@Fred.

Yay! Friendship!

17. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

again, I am telling you.. you do not have enough evidence..
    okay. maybe you should go on DN and see for yourself.
    I have dueled against many tough duelists as well as those who are not. you can't just judge an entire group simply based upon your experience with the bad ones.

18. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

ignoring the half of my post which your first half is directed at, the second half of what I posted about is talking about exactly what you're talking about in the second half. The people who I've fought so hard against and learned so much from are complete randoms. People I've never played before who also play this game, and may very well go to tournaments. The people who can play well tend to have high ratings, and that's why you should increase your rating so that you can face the people who are truly strong. I was winning games easily one after the other, without losing a single match, working to increase my rating when the wind-up user challenged me, and it was the only fun duel I had, and it was the only skilled opponent I faced. His rating was nearly 900, and everyone else was rated below 400.

Back at the first part of your post, are you seriously that... Let me give you an example. If I said "I hate f***ing n*****s, they're all so stupid. The other day one of them"-- actually I can't even think like this it's too painful. You get the point of the post I'm trying to make. If I said something like that, and then Stardust said "don't be so racist" and Riku said "... I'm black." And then I said "Oh, I didn't mean you. Just all the other black people. Don't take it so personally." Would that be okay?

19. [​IMG]
    Gozen match ragequit...

20. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

There wasn't even a reason to. It's sad, people who don't take duels seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.