[UPDATED WEEKLY] Monster of the Week

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Fayt-Harkwind, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

A storm of Ceros came rushing towards the side Goldar's head from a distance, the attacker had appeared ahead of his attack on the other side of Goldar's head. "Just stay still." Starrk said, lifting a hand to summon a blade before flinging it at Goldar's neck.

2. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

As the Cerros hit Godars head, Genservant tried to stay as still as possible, to avoid them.

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

EDIT: BIC: Goldar was hit repeatedly by numerous fighters attacks. Roaring in pain as they all connected like dots and the damaged stacked on one place. With that he exploded. But he did not die, instead he escaped as his original size. "I'll be back, next time you won't be so lucky!", he bellowed as he flew away.

Round 1 End

Round 2 will start this Monday. The weekend will be when the next monster is decided.

OOC: Seeing how pretty much everyone beat Goldar (this'll count as defeated instead of escaped as Goldar will at a later date) I can either ask that anyone who played in this round PM's me with your choice of one of the following with details:

A. Picking the next monster (it'll be a gamble between the amount of winners who choose this option with the one's that aren't picked being added to the regular gamble).
    B. A graphic of your choosing (signature, avatar, etc) This might take me a while for the first 3 weeks since I'm kinda busy with college stuff.
    C. Picking the location of the fight (this'll be like the monster gamble but will be seperate so if someone picks the monster another person picks the location). This can be anywhere from anything except a place where the characters can't be (such as underwater without scooba stuff or space).
    D. None of the above. If your not interested in the above you can ask for a different reward which I may either be able to do or not. If I can't accept it I'll ask you to choose something else.

After this I'll go for whoever lands the decisive blow, does the most or delivers the most damage depending on how the actual fight goes itself.

4. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

OCC: that doesn't realy specify how we are supposed to ask you. Should we PM you? Or should we post it on this thread?

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

EDIT: I did say PM me in my post >> Choosing the last option is like a free choice of anything I can give you as a prize if you don't want one of the other choices.

I'm gonna announce it now. Since only two people PM'd me about prizes they got what they asked for.

Round 2 will be Undergrowth (requested by Sam Manson/DPWolf) in a dark forest (requested by 9Kairi9hearts). This will be interesting considering how well the two choices go together.

Undergrowth's form:

Monster’s name: Undergrowth
    Monster’s origin: Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle
    Monster’s powers/abilities/elemental attribute: Has ghost abilities (invisibility, intangibility, ectoblasts) and has power over plants. Can use special vines to take over people's minds. Can quickly take over wherever he takes root in with the help of his mind slaves and vegetation.
    Monster’s weaknesses: Ice.
    Monster's appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other: When Undergrowth has control of someone, he can make them one of his army, allowing to use that person to fight on his side. Control can only be cut once Undergrowth is defeated.

The round will start tomorrow at 5PM GMT 0 (or 7PM GMT 0 if I don't make 5PM).

EDIT: Sorry for the late start. We'll go now. Remember, we're in a dark forest.

Round 2 start

IC: Undergrowth had lured civilians from the city into the near by dark forest and using his mind controlling plant he has taken over their minds and bodies as vegetation zombies although none of them are dead. He waited in the heart of the forest for the fighters to find him, if they survive his traps that are the forest itself.

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Akane had followed the zombie-like people to the dark forest. She assumed that a monster was behind it, but nothing had smelled like death so she remained in her human form.
    As soon as she entered the forest, Akane felt very uneasy, and cautiously drew her katana while still armed with her wrist claws. She moved quietly ahead like this.

7. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant moved cautiously along, following Arkane, this wolf-girl had interested him, and after her help with fighting Godar he wanted to find a way to help her back, so he had been following her since then. Genservant had changed into his green camo clothes to better blend in here.

8. Always Dance Chaser

Xakota had been flying around almost aimlessly when he noticed two strange looking people in the forest. He followed them carefully from above in an attempt to stay out of sight.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Starrk had managed to "blend" with the crowd of zombie-like humans, they seemed to be too dim-witted at the moment to even tell him apart from any of their own kind. He kept his guns out of sight, partially wondering if the reason why they weren't taking notice to him was because of the fact he wasn't actually alive. He felt something familiar about the air yet different from what he was used to. These people aren't dead...but something here reeks of it. Starrk's eyes wandered around, it would be difficult to gain distance to effective fight with his guns if he needed to. No matter, he had other methods of defending himself. Starrk soon fell to the back of the group of civilians, thinking it unwise to stay at the center.

10. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Emmy was out in the forest, practicing her lightning in a place that wouldn't draw attention. But something seemed weird about the forest this time, and she found she couldn't concentrate. Hearing a large group of people heading past, and she jump-climbed up the nearest large tree to hide. Where's the fire? she thought as she watched person after person go by under the tree, each one looked to be in a trance-like state. Eerie... A shiver went down her spine.
    Emmy noticed someone near the back of the herd who looked different -- he seemed fully awake. She quietly dropped down beside him from the tree. "What the hell's going on?" she asked him in a low whisper.

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Akane stopped walking and sighed softly; she sensed two people very nearby. Turning around quickly, she held her katana out at arm's length at the person following behind her, narrowing her eyes at him.
    "If you would like to follow next time, say something first, or you might find yourself a little...shorter," she said, turning the blade sideways.
    Glancing up, Akane continued, "That goes for you too, air boy."
    She withdrew her katana, then turned again to carefully walk forward. "Continue following if you wish. But be silent, I fear that the trees may betray us." Akane couldn't help the chill that ran down her spine, though she passed it off as a reaction to the sudden drop in temperature in the forest.

12. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant nodded silently, then he drew his sword and began to stalk silently, constatly aware of his surroundings.

13. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Akane continued forward, not liking how the temperature was steadily dropping the further into the forest they got. The trees here were tall, and fully blocked any direct sunlight from hitting the forest floor.
    "Looks like I could fully transform and move around here...might accidentally take down a few trees, but it's necessary once we face this monster," Akane thought.
    Deciding that it would be easier to follow the missing people by scent, she said to the two following her, "I'm going to transform and track the people by scent."
    Akane transformed, shaking her massive wolf head in response to several branches hitting her that had broken off. She looked down at Genservant, knowing he would not keep up with her wolf form.
    "If you would like, you may try to ride on my back. Sit somewhere between my shoulder blades, and hang on," she said, laying down so he could climb up if he wished to.

14. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant nodded, and made a running leap, landing squarely on her neck, "I won't fall." He said, and held on tightly.

15. Always Dance Chaser

Trying to be helpful, xakota said, " if you'd like, i can arrange for all of us to fly. It'd be much faster. I control gravity, you see."

16. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

The human puppets where controlled remotely by the mind vines latched onto the humans. As the fighters got further into the forest it became harder for the sky to meet the inside of the forest making it very dark. The controlled humans started to split off in different directions making five different routes and at the end of each one a plant with a different fuction lay waiting.
    "Closer. Soon I, Undergrowth, will feed you to the children", a hissing voice monologued being unheard by any but himself.
    "But, I may require a caretaker", the voice hissed again before bursting into maniacal laughter which echoed through the trees as a larger, more powerful mind vine from Undergrowth himself tore it's way through the soil beneath the ground.

OOC: I might be a little slow at posting cause I'm nearing the end of college but I'll still manage to post.

17. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

OCC: ok
    BIC: Genservant saw some of the vine-humans, "Arkane," he wispered, "over there."
    Genservant pointed towards the Vine-humans.

18. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

OOC: Just pointing out, the people being controlled by the vines are the same people as the one's you've been following >>

19. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

OCC: I know, My character was pointing out that they were spliting up.
    BIC: Genservant kept pointing, "they are spliting up!" he said.

20. Arch Mana Knight

Starrk shrugged as he glanced at the girl who asked him the question. "I didn't expect a girl to helping...fight whatever's at the end of the road." Judging by the location, it'd probably be some plant-like being...or an overgrown... His eyes wandered onto something on the humans. "Humans aren't supposed to have vines...right?" He whispered towards Emmy, slowing his pace further as he noticed the mob split up. A trap...? They hadn't been attacked yet but it was still likely that something was waiting for them. Without a word Starrk followed the group of humans on the far left, figuring that he would not need to suggest to split up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.