[UPDATED WEEKLY] Monster of the Week

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Fayt-Harkwind, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Looking up at Xakota, Akane said, "I prefer to keep my feet on the ground, but perhaps the lad on my back would benefit?"

She then turned her attention ahead, to where the mob of mind-vine controlled people were splitting. Sniffing the air, she growled. "There's something very evil here. Use extreme caution..." she said.
    Akane walked forward, noting that two people from the previous battle were present among the mob and not under control.

2. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant looked up, "I think the flying sounds good," he said to Xaota, before standing up on Arkane's back and jumping strait up.

3. Always Dance Chaser

Xakota lowered the gravity for Genservant just enough for her to fly at will.
    Observing the commotion ahead, he remarked, "What on Earth could they be doing?"

4. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant looked down, "I think that they are planting something, some sort of plant," he said, as he got used to flying.

5. Always Dance Chaser

Xakota became very worried. "I don't know what they're doing, but whatever it is, I feel like we shouldn't let it happen. Do you feel that too?"

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

"I agree," Akane said. "There can't be a good reason why all of them are gathered here."
    Growling slightly, she noticed that there were other mind-vine victims closing in behind Starrk and Emmy. "They'll be controlled to if they aren't caref-"
    Akane stopped thinking as she saw two vines headed for the two warriors, and took several running steps forward and roared to the two, "Get down!"
    She realized too late that she had attracted the attention of the mind-vine people.

7. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

As the mind vines from the plants snuck towards the others, the larger one itself burst through the ground from behind Akane and latched onto her head taking control of her. Since this vine was from Undergrowth he could use his powers through her and using the plants he called "the children" to latch onto his new "daughter" Akane became a Veggie Wolf and the most dangerous puppet in the forest.
    Undergrowth's laughter could be heard followed by his words, "Excellent! A perfect caretaker to rid my garden of it's weeds", he said wheezing before the word weeds.

Akane now the Veggie Wolf start rampaging and thrashing around like a wild beast in an attempt to crush and throw any others nearby. As she was forced to do this vines followed her path and swung at the fighters. They would have to find a way to free Akane before Undergrowth could escape and claim the forest as his own. But the vines are too thick to be cut and regenerate almost instantly or replace one another if they aren't from Undergrowth.
    The mind vines that chased the others where decoys for the reason of obtaining the largest puppet, Akane as a giant wolf, and backed away waiting for a better chance to capture a target.

OOC: Gonna extend this round till Saturday since I've been busy this week.

8. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Emmy kept going straight as Starrk veered left. She looked over her shoulder, feeling more and more uneasy. Suddenly, she heard a great crashing noise, as if trees were being stomped on like twigs. "Watch it!" she yelled, to no one in particular, as she ducked to hit a huge falling branch. She looked up and saw a giant crazed wolf crashing around. Suppressing her shock, Emmy took out her daggers. She heard a footstep behind her, and without thinking she spun around and slashed. The veggie person stepped back with one less arm. Emmy jumped back around and ran towards the commotion, jumping over logs and vines.

9. Always Dance Chaser

Xakota panicked at the sight of the veggie wolf. He was uneasy with the fact that the wolf was near him in the first place, but now that it was his enemy, he lost all control. Upon hearing the veggie wolf howl, he accidentally let go of the hold of gravity he had on himself and Genservant, and they fell. After regaining his composure, he put them back up, but was still worried. Again, panicking, he made a strong gravity center at what seemed to be the root of the vine holding the veggie wolf, hoping it would be strong enough to pull it back.

10. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

OOC: Mustn't of made this clear enough. They aren't zombies, they are people under mind control acting like zombies (cause they are pretty much mindless from the mind control) so killing them is killing an innocent, plus they don't crumble since they are still human.

EDIT: Also, only by defeating Undergrowth, or if he escapes, can anyone's mind control be reversed.

11. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

OOC: Oops. :sweatdrop: Mind control = zombie to me, but I will change my post a tad to avoid confusion and such.

12. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

OCC: Sorry, I thought my post worked with it, but I'll change it a little bit.
    BIC:
    Genservant was startled by the drop, but after he was back up in the air he used his fire to control his direction, "Xaota! I don't think fighting the Vegiewolf is going to get us anywhere! We have to look for the cause of the problem!" he yelled, and then he dived down to Starrk and Emmy and shouted: "We have to figure out where all these vines are coming from!"

13. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

OOC: 9Kairi, you might want to change your post for it to make sense with the past few posts.

14. Arch Mana Knight

The vine that had lashed out at Starrk was cut instantly by his swift reaction, a blade was now in his left hand glowing brightly. He sighed when he heard Genservant shout, having already planned on going towards the center of the mess to begin with. His eyes traveled towards the others, knowing that his own powers could be used better elsewhere. I have a thing for wolves. Starrk thought to himself as he leapt several feet into the air just beneath the treetops as to keep his eye on everyone else. He followed the largest vine, the one attached to the Veggie Wolf, in order to find the one responsible. The others can keep the wolf from bringing down the forest...

15. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant saw Starrk following the vine, and flew in that direction, "You'll need help to take down whatever this thing is by yourself," he said, "no matter how powerful you are!"

16. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

OOC: Sorry that this week was a little slow. The next two weeks might be like this since it's the last two weeks of college for me so I'll be finishing all my work. I'll keep going but once summer kicks in for me I'll be up to the standard I should be again.

BIC: Realising that controlling the giant wolf wasn't as easy as he thought and Undergrowth ended up damaging more of the forest than his enemy. Attempting to correct his error he released Akane and the other humans he controlled as he started withdrawing his plants back to his domain in the Ghost Zone. It would only be a short time until he would escape.

17. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant saw the vines release Arkane and the humans, "it is getting away!" he called out, as he flew after the retreating vines.

18. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Akane felt the mind-vine leave her, and she collapsed to the ground in her wolf form. She felt sick, but forced herself to get up. Clumsily, she started to walk in the same direction that Undergrowth retreated in.

19. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Genservant flew faster, and faster, flames leaping off his body, he was getting very close to undergrowth's true body.

20. Always Dance Chaser

Xakota followed.
    "You aren't getting away!" He shouted, and made a gravity center close to himself. He was attempting to pull the ghost back and stop him from escaping, but he wasn't quite sure if ghosts were affected by gravity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.