Site News Welcome back to Kh-vids.net, August 8th 2010

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sanya, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

So as you may have guessed... a few days ago, KHV suffered the worst attack in the site's history. The recovery process has been very stressful, and to make things worse... not everything will be able to be recovered. We are doing everything we can to make sure this doesn't ever happen again.

Now to break it down...

Site Related:

- Some of the cutscene and audio archive pages need to be fixed, this should be finished hopefully by today.
    - We are having problems switching the skin to something other then the default. This will be addressed asap.
    - Homepage has alignment/graphic issues, that will be fixed soon.

Forum Related:
    - Everything after August 8th, 2010 is gone. Posts, threads, PMs, VMs, friends you made, groups you made, avatars you had, everything. Unfortunately that's something we lost for good.
    - Sections should be fine, staff were adjusted accordingly.
    - Search indexs need to be fixed again, I will get around to that at some point.

That's about it. We appreciate your patience.

-RvR

2. Always Dance Chaser

I lost over 300 posts.
    I don't think I have it in me to do that again...
    Wow. This sucks, hard. Sorry for complaining, I appreciate the staff's prompt effors in getting this place back up but...damn.

3. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Deja vu. :P
    Oh man only 232?

4. Stardust Chaser

I only lost fifteen posts or so and my avatar, and probably some recent additions to my friends list... but damn, looks like things got really messed up. If there's anything we can do to help the staff (doubtful but you know), don't hesitate to let us know...

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I've lost all of my post apparently, but I can see why tho. and no friends :(

6. Arch Mana Knight

I think I might've lost somewhere around 30-50 posts...not including those in the RP section. Oh well, at least KHV is back up. We had an interesting banner while KHV was down just before it was changed to this current one. I was wondering if the picture itself was truly KH-related or was just something fancy. XD

7. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Wow.
    I have never, in all my time here, seen anything this bad on the site. And we have been through a lot of sh*t.
    I was one of the lucky ones, I guess, my sig any avvy data was backed up, and I lost a grand total of 2 posts, due to not being here for most of August.
    But really, I feel for all of you who lost a lot, and especially those who no longer have accounts.

Big thanks to the staff for getting everything as close to normal as it's gonna get. We all appreciate it, really we do. <3

8. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Aww Hell, All our precious RPs, gone......Ima gon kill those biatches!!!
    And we lost our super special awesome skin! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    What about the lil green bars of specialness? We havn't lost any of that have we?

9. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

The skins will be back soon, just need time to organize some things.

Rep is the same with anything else, any you recieved after August 8th is deleted.

10. C This silence is mine

Eh, while I'm very glad the site survived this really does kill my spirit to post around here. There's no way you can do that one thing for me, is there rvr? If I'm stepping out of line then I apologize.

You guys did good in recovering it this well. You are awesome.

11. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Same, I hope this doesn't affect the sites popularity, and hopefully the "lost" members will rejoin.
    You guys did the best you could. and hey, atleast it didn't restart us further back.

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

In my opinion, we should thank our lucky charms that we didn't lose everything and have to start over from 2006.

13. Misty gimme kiss

The khv4.0 skin is up, it's just not the default, I'm not sure how to change it... There's some image issues but it works fine. :] Unless it's not available to anyone. We did have to redo it so many of the issues we worked out before are back again, if you all find any, just screencap them and let us know.

And yeah, this is definitely the worst thing that's ever happened. All we ask is that you all keep posting & participating in the community... try to get your post counts back up to where they should be. ;o

Also, to all of the people who registered after August 7th, I'm sorry but you'll have to make a new account.

14. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    I mean seriously I haven't lost hardly any posts from what I can see ~_~ Also the guy who crashed the site must of been pretty butthurt because there's not much fun in taking down such a site as ours. Glad all my rps except for one have been going for a while or this would really be a problem.
    I just hope the crash didn't effect the banned people O_O; hur . . .

15. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

We plan on making backups more often then we have, in case this happens again. That way there won't be as many posts losts if we have to remake the database again.

16. Cherry Berry Chaser

Least the site's back up... D: it seemed quite odd at first when I came back on and stuff was missing...
    Luckily the site didnt do a perma crash, thanks staff for recovering what you can c:

17. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

are you kidding me? Everything??? Ye Gods I like I might faint... Damn worst then Mike said <_<
    Edit: 20-30 pots lost :(

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It's a shame to loose so much but at least the site is alright and at least we have it. This incident made me think what would I do without this forum and I hated the thought. Thank you staff for fixing it =D

19. Aura Goddess

20. khmage1918 King's Apprentice

Aw damn, so much stuff I lost... Ah well, we can rebuild =)