Site News Welcome back to Kh-vids.net, August 8th 2010

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sanya, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well this sucks... hard. As BitB said already but I lost somewhere around 30-50 posts and my sig (which was crappily redone). And all of the recent posts in the Air Maker Videos Clan are gone. T_T Well at least KHV is back up and thank you to RvR and all the other staff members who were able to fix it up as best as they (you) could. This crash was horrible and I just hope that in the rest of the time i'm a member of KHV if there's another crash that it's not gonna be this bad.

2. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Like Fearless said, we should all be thankful that the rollback didn't go any further than a month. Yes, it sucks, but it can be fixed, posts can come back, rep can be earned (or unearned) once again.

Doesn't seem like I lost too many posts, maybe 20 or 30. I don't really post that often. I might have lost a rep gem. Avatar and sig are back to good ol' MJ instead of Rurouni Kenshin and Rasputin. Oh well.

3. calebjhughes Moogle Assistant

xD yeah. you know how much it would've sucked if we lost all the data from 2007 to now? then it would've been bye-bye KH: RE-COM. but hey, if theirs anything we can do, just tell me. id do my best for my favorite site!

4. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

So all my threads are gone! No! I can't believe this!

5. Llave Superless Moderator

Boy this stinks... but i can't complain. RvR and the others have a lot to deal with so you won't need to worry about us. Just keep up the good work.

6. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

RvR, you said the site suffered an attack, what kind of attack do you mean, like a Virus?

(Man... I have a heck of a lot of RP to make up...)

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

No not a virus, the sql on our database was wiped out and our most recent backup was from when we upgraded to vB4 (August 8th). The reason we didn't do many backups before is because the sql file for this site is well over 3gigs in size. I suppose now we'll do them more often, like once every 10-15 days.

8. Always Dance Chaser

Okay I really hate to have to be the one to bring this up.

This exact same thing happened on a vBulletin forum I was on a few years ago. It was called 4Seiya, but the place is gone now. Anyway, the admin there offered to manually fix everyone's post counts, so I know that it's possible. Is there any way anything like that can happen here? I lost 350+ posts, I think I'm going to freaking cry.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It's sad that khv had to suffer because of some lonely person, who's only means of personal gratification is through the hacking of a game's fansite. They must be so proud for wasting time and effort into such a pointless thing.

Cheers to the staff for putting so much effort into bringing it back up so soon. <3

10. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

RvR, how did said person get into the server? They just guessed the password or what?

11. Ansem59 Chaser

LOL, I don't think he can really answer that. If he said how it happened then someone else might try to do the same thing. What I want to know is if it actually was a hacker or is this just some rumor?

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I emailed Mike and he said someone hacked it. T_T i feel bad for all the people who lose more then 20 or 30 posts because writing like 300+ posts talk many days and ALOT of free time

13. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

I am asking HOW the hacker got in, not where he went to get in. Like, idk, did he just figure the password out. >>;

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

[​IMG]
    Yeah, this crap was the cause of all this. Thankfully, they fixed the site the next day but for some reason something else happened. I seriously had no idea how it happened and I am thankful this place is back up. At least we know what to do if something like this hapens again.

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Oh My Gods..... The hacker did that to my favorite website... If i ever find them I'll kill them....

16. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

This seems eerily familiar :\

17. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    I have lost so many posts and friends it isn't funny.... A couple of us actually lost an entire RP as well as his profile...

i hated that!!!!!!!!!! *hiss*

18. Finale Wannabe Nobody

What about the users that were added after that point?

19. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Their accounts are gone. They'll have to remake them.

20. Misty gimme kiss

There isn't, trust me. They must have had an sql backup on that site, our most recent one was from August. The only conceivable way that we could do that is manually editing everyone's post count through the Admin CP, which we're not doing. Trust me, I lost about 200 posts, I'm just as upset as you. But this is better than no KHV, right? ;D

As for what you're all saying: yes, it was indeed a hacker. We don't know how he got in, but he says he's going to leave us alone now. That's really all the important info about it, the rest of it doesn't matter, all that does is that we're back now.