What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Cia, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm reading a few books before I go back to school and get distracted:

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know - Its the sequel to What My Mother Doesn't Know and I enjoyed that book so I decided to read the sequel (:

Sexy - Its by Joyce Carol Oates, a favorite author of mine so I'm definitely reading it. And almost done.

Bloom - Because I need to read a cliche book every now and then. And this one was actually okay in decency.

After The Wreck, I picked myself up, Spread my Wings, and Flew Away -Another one by Joyce Carol Oates.

2. Desi Banned

Down on that huge island people call Australia
    Atm im reading The Pearl Hunters its a really good book so far, i have to go back to thin little books because breaking dawn has like crippled me lol

3. Ranger_vega87 Traverse Town Homebody

I'm currently reading "Death on the Nile" by Agatha Christie

4. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

Well today I've just read the first volume of Kingdom hearts 2 and tomorrow I'm going to get the Kingdom Hearts box set

5. Destined Working for WDW

My list:

Catcher and the Rye
    The Book Thief
    P U S H
    Speak
    Bless me Ultima
    The Dark Tower Series
    MY name is Asher Lev

6. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    Alright well I'm not actually reading this book on my own accord, it's a part of my summer reading assignment. Simply put it is murder on my eyes.

The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life
    Yep, the book is essentially just that. The author Dr. Armand M. Nicholi, Jr. is a professor of psychiatry at Harvard who compared and contrasted world views of these great minds and put together this book. Personally I have no interest in the main subject of this book which is religion, making the read rather dull and dragging. It's the kind of writing that one really needs to have enthusiasm for to fully appreciate it I'd imagine.
    I've got only two chapters left of reading, and most likely I'll be doing that tomorrow during a long car ride I have to take. 9_9

7. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

I just finished reading Tuesdays With Morrie.

Best book I have read in a VERY VERY long time.

8. P Banned

Uh-huh.

Not reading Dracula yet?

I have also just finished reading The Vampire Lestat. It took a week or two to get through, and was certainly more strenuous to read than the current books I have been reading. Even so, it was an enjoyable read. Unlike most current day authors, the plot is a lot less linear. It is a nice step away from a cut and dry "Problem > Go on quest to fix problem > Another problem that blocks the quest's progress (insert as many times as need be) > Find solution to problem > PLOT TWIST! FINAL BOSS! OMG! > Victory." book. It was more a slice of life than anything else. (Albeit a very unusual life!)
    I feel the series becoming more like what I described above, but I hope I am misjudging it. (Although I have read the back of the body thief, and the outlook is not so good.)

9. Sexy Sheva Banned

Ahhh. Just got finished with a Great Book

Twisted

*Note* This book is not for children (says so after the first few pages)

This book is about, in a more or less saying, a 'loser' In the real world. But he has done something bad in the past. He spray painted the school, to make himself seem 'cool' . The Story begins with him on the rooftop of the school, on his probation. He was to work a certain amount of hours and so.... He became friends with the janitors and such. On the ground, there was a car wash, with one of the Popular girls that he liked. Bethany Miller. His name however is Tyler Miller ...

His father is a rather angry man... He isn't the cheery type that you'd often see in books. His mother is rather sweet and kind.. Usually doesn't want to upset their father and get a migraine.

Well, all in all, Tyler had gotten muscles and abs that he never had, so he took care of them, and he took care of Bethany, sort of. Her brother had picked on Tyler since grade school, and it's still happening. Tyler had arm wrestled him at their banquet sort of, but let Chip win, due to he was his father's boss' son.

Through the story, he and Bethany become really close... But she won't date him at all.. They both end up going to a party at a really popular guy's house. When Tyler got there after a few hours when Bethany left, Bethany was already drunk there at the party. She takes him to a room all by themselves and wants to have sex with him. He won't do it because where she's drunk and will regret it later. Bethany get's mad and goes to do 'other stuff' (explained on downward)

After Tyler finds Bethany again, he tries to take her home after the popular guy throwing the party was in total devastation of how wrecked his home was, and his parents didn't even know about it.

Tyler walked a little bit outside with Bethany until a jeep pulled up and it was Chip. When Bethany opened the door, Chip was half passed out on the seat. Tyler didn't want anything bad to happen to them, so he put Chip in the passenger seat, and Bethany in the back with Chip's drunk friend Parker...

When they got back at school, Tyler was a little meaner to Bethany, because of how she acted, and he felt like a total jackass for it. He verbally abused her, and when Chip found out, he was all over him...

When Tyler goes home that day, his sister rushes him upstairs and shows him a website, where Bethany was posing 'dirty' like. Under the pictures were profanity words.. such as "****, Bitch, Whore etc. "
    He realized why she was so upset at school because of that.

The cops came a few minutes later and question Tyler about the images. The mark him as a prime suspect.
    In school, now.. he get's hit alot from the back, and is being picked on now, because everyone hates him. Even Bethany still didn't like him.

The find out who really took the pictures and nail them after a little while, and Tyler is in a suicidal phase.

You'll have to read to find out whether or not he finds the gun ;D

Oops, i said too much x3

10. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I'm reading the original version of Väinö Linna's 'The Unknown Soldier'. A somewhat comical, yet realistic look at Finnish soldiers during the Continuation War against the Soviets in the early 1940's. In my opinion the best Finnish book ever written.

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn. x3
    Manga-wise, I'm reading Rurouni Kenshin Big Viz Edition v.3, Gun Blaze West v.2,and InuYasha v.34.
    Next book I plan to read is the fourth and last in the Star Wars: Republic Commando series. I recommend it to any SW fan, since you also learn some Mando'a while reading. xDD

12. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

Black House.

I'm almost halfway through it already. B|

13. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

The Republic.

It's an interesting read about justice and an ideal government but apart from that...

...zzz.

14. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm still trying to make my way through "Making Money" by Terry Pratchett. I was given it last Christmas and I'm not really making any headway with it because school and my friends aren't really giving me the time to read. Which is a real shame beacause the book is great ><
    I think I'm going to have to start reading it though, I can't for the life of me remember the plot anymore.

15. SoraNRikuNkairi Destiny Islands Resident

Just don't turn around, and you won't know (:
    Im Currently Reading A Place Called Here By Cecelia Ahern,,, Its A Good Book,, Half Way Through It XD =)

16. Juicy Chaser

I just finished New Moon, I read twilight and new moon in two days woop woop.

Im reading The High Lord by Trudi Canavan.... Such an epic book xDD

Makes me laugh, cry and fall in love everytime I read it. And it's.. it's one of those books that stay in your mind long after you've read it..

17. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

Tolkien: The Merallion
    Tolkien: The Lord Of The Rings
    Yeah, the Tolkien's books...

18. W7F King's Apprentice

Books: Don't Open This Book! Its a collection of uh, "scary" short stories. Iz t3h sux.

Manga: Fruits Basket. I'm trying to get past the 3rd volume. I'm just not as addicted as most people seem to get after the first ten pages. I'm weird, I guess.

That's all I'm reading right now. I'm trying really hard in school right now (for once). I've actually got a 102.7 in Trig. right now. I usually phail in epik proporshunz at math.

19. Maka Albarn It's called love

I was reading Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but now I'm finished with it. I read it because I wasn't going to be able to see the movie, so I read the book! It was kind of boring a little bit, but it was still entertaining. :D

20. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

crappy macbeth *gags*
    but that is a force read...