What do you think of Gay Marriages?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by RoxasNoxas, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

what's the point in that. that's just stupid and it pisses my off so much :mad:.
    I wish people like that would just get over it and stop worring about things that don't even envolve them. To all those people who think that way get over it, move on, and stop destroying other people's happiness. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I will she'll get a kick out of it :D:D:D

well then, get out there and try. I'll be there to support you, and so will a whole ton of other people.

2. Donaut Banned

Thanks. I also hate the people who think that being gay is a sin. Tell me how it is. I don't see how a lifestyle that is no different than ours is a sin.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I think that no matter what a person's sexual orientation is that that person should be able to experience the joy of marriage. Be they a man and a woman or a man and a man or a woman and a woman.

And I know full well what the Bible says in reply of this: 'Thou shalt not lie with another man as you would with a woman. For it is an abomination.' And this verse in the Old Testament in the book of Leviticus is what most bring to bear. However, in the same passage it tells us:

'Thou shalt not touch the skin of an unclean animal.' lol guess what? No football on Sunday.

'Thou shalt not eat the shellfish of the ocean.' Oops better get the picketers to Red Lobster.

and my favorite: 'Thou shalt wear garments consisting of mixed fibers.' Polyester/cotton blend shirts? Bad clothing companies.

There's more but I'll spare you the boringness of it. My point I am trying to make here is that gays should have the rights that heterosexual people enjoy.

A side note in regard to earlier posts: This is a Debate Corner. Meaning that you should provide REASONS to support your stand. Not just 'Gays disgust me so I say no.' Provide the past reasoning as to WHY seeing two men together disgusts you so that the next person will have something to respond with. Maybe 'Okay I see where he's coming from here.'

4. roxas112492 Traverse Town Homebody

1. Im gay
    2. im VERY active in my church, as a matter of fact, i have church camp in two weeks and VBS starting tommarow.
    3. I recognize it is wrong, but i am not willing t ochange

5. Donaut Banned

I don't see how it is wrong. I think that if the lord made you gay, then it shouldn't be wrong.

6. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

and why SHOULD you change huh? It's completly pointless to say someone is wrong just becouse they like someone of the same sex. and If you thing about it some (now I could be wrong but) isn't a man and a women the same thing just with different reproductive oragans. think about it take away the reproductive organ and the look close to the same, no? so to me Man + Man=Love, Woman + Woman=Love, and Man + Woman=Love. simple and clean LOL

7. roxas112492 Traverse Town Homebody

well basically , it is said that no, the lord did not make gays that way, our hormones just deeloped different than others and we became attrected to the same sex.

Meh doesnt bother me. Sure i get flammed all the time and people say that its wrong, but it doesnt fase me as much as it should. Gays do not have the same rights which is also stupid. We cant just, publisize it , we have to keep it personnal

8. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Ah yes this topic....

In my opinion, I think gay marriage should be allowed. Others should not have a direct hand in your marriage (aka, stopping it) because of what was so long ago stated. Times change, so why can't this? It's not like their matrimony directly harms others (and any single bible thumper that says it will bring about the apocolypse can go read a sermon to themselves or something).

Now, as for the political part of it (there is believe it or not) should also be addressed. How will the spouse rights go about? They're probably need to be altered slightly, ie: two gay married men will probably not have any maternal rights....and other such things. Personally I don't see the problem in this regard but for some reason people seem to argue the "political rights" of this. I also think in this regard, that two married homosexuals, should one need to take on the role of a spouse (ie: signing the consent form for something like spousal consent when the other is unable to sign it themselves) THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO.

It'll probably take a while to accomplish this though....not without a lot of kicking and screaming from the blindly convicted.....ah well, best of luck, I know I'll be supporting gay marriage rights. :]

Side-note to those who despise homosexuals with a great passion: Please refer to the history book specifically prior to mid-1900s (the Civil Rights Movement in the US), or even the Holocaust if you still aren't seeing it. Get the parallel picture? Am I being harsh? Proabably. Does it get my point across? It should. You're despising human beings who are different from you and for what? I'm not saying they are all saints, but they aren't all evil either. They're human beings too.

9. Crispers Beep Boop

bravo!
    that is sooooooooo true.
    i agree a 100% on this.

10. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

No, no... I don't consider you to be a freak. I just don't encourage gay marriage, is all.

11. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Ah...just another reason for me to be Atheist. This whole debate supports my theory that religion is holding us back and stopping us with moving forward as a planet and as a country. If we EVER want to look at things on a universal scale, we'll need to unify the planet, and give everyone and everything the same rights as us...which isn't as hard as it sounds.

Gay people deserve all the happiness in the world. Just like any other human being. To deny someone a unification through love like that, well that is just...lol a sin? To the bible thumpers out there:

Yes...we all realize that you believe being gay is wrong. Abomination or whatever...but how "in gods name" does the marriage of them affect you at all? I'll tell you...if 2 gay men are trying to get married, them being married wouldn't have a large impact on your life. But you not supporting their marriage, and stopping it all togethor...that impacts there life A LOT. I mean...seriously...that's like stopping someone from marrying because they're black.

And then there's the "Unification between a man and a woman" people. Well...in all honesty, if you really look at marriage as just that, you hardly deserve the right to be married. To look at something so important, as something black and white like that is belittling anything and everthing that it stands for. In the words of Lois Griffin: "Two straight people that hate each other really deserve the right to be togethor more then two gay people that love each other?". I'm sorry, but two gay men getting married seems to me to be more of a marriage then two people that look at marriage the way you people are putting it.

I could go on for a while...but...I have to go to school...XD

12. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I'm all for gay marriage. But I can see where opponents and critics are coming from. A 'marriage' is a holy union through God, technically (Although I'm not sure, I tend to get things like this wrong ><). So maybe they are just peeved at it being called marriage. I don't see the point in hanging on to things like the Bible, well some parts of it anyway. As was said by Cin, religion is holding society back from becoming much better than it is now.

13. Marluxia_loves_flowers Destiny Islands Resident

I truly believe people should be able to marry the person they really love; regardless of gender or anything else.

14. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Well said, thanks! Especially the last paragraph.

15. ~RoadToDawn~ Destiny Islands Resident

im not gay myself, but i see nothing wrong with it

if you love each other, than i say, okay, go ahead. people are people, it doesnt matter what gender. the world just needs a little more love, so if that means loving the same gender cool., if it means loving the opposite genter, awesome as well. i honestly, have nothing nothin NOTHING against it AT ALL. i dont see why everyone hates it, it doesnt affect them in any way.

i just want people to be happy...plus 11% of the world population is homosexual, so if we cut off gay marriges, than about one out of ten people will not get to get marries. i dont really think thats fair...

but thats just me

16. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I don't really care, people should be allowed to marry who ever they want without other people caring.No matter gender.

17. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I don't really agree with gay marriages, it's just i don't think that nature intended it that way.

Although i do accept people that do get married to the same sex , i wouldn't treat them any less differently, they are still people nevertheless & it is there choice if they do get married.

18. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Why don't you really agree with it?

19. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

There are over 5000 Las Vegas "chapel" weddings in a year, and since most of them are on pure impulse more than half result in either an annulment or divorce. in 2005 alone there were 3.6 divorces for every 1000 people living in America. Marriage isn't a sacred instituition anymore-- I mean look at Britany Spears. It's being abused by people like any other man-made system in this world. Besides even if gay marriage wasn't past in some areas of the world it wouldn't stop two men or two women who love eachother from living together and adopting a child.

If you believe in God and find homosexuality to be against nature, ask yourself why God let it happen. Surely if it's something that was proclaimed to be wrong in the bible, God wouldn't have let it happen right?

20. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Well i guess it's the fact that if people were to have same sex marriages you would think them would be able to have babies. But the only way you can have babies is by a man & woman. It's a silly reason i know but i don't think it is natural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.