What do you think of Gay Marriages?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by RoxasNoxas, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

There's always the option to adopt. there are thousands of kids in the world that could use a loving home.

2. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Oh i know that. I've heard lots of people complain that if gay couples would to adopt it could damage a kid's upbringing, but i think they could do a good job like any other couple.

Part of the reason why i don't agree with this is most likely my upbringing & that would most likely be the case for most people. But i'm not totally against it, people have a right to marry who they want & i accept it.

3. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

As a Catholic, no offense to you, but I'm against it because, like Roxllen said, marriage is to unite a man and a woman to have children.

I don't have ANYTHING against gay people, since I'm not a homophobe. I'm just against marriages, is all.

4. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Marriage isn't just for a man and women to hook up and have kids. It's for two people who really care about each other to show the world that they belong together, and that they love each other.

5. Donaut Banned

So just because a man and a man can't produce a baby, it's wrong?

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I just don't think it is natural that is all.

7. Donaut Banned

So would you rather see a man and woman who hate eachother, than two gay people who love eachother?

8. Alice Banned

As far as I'm concerned, I see no problem with it. Marriage is supposed to represent a couple's love for each other. It's not an excuse to reproduce. You can quite easily do that without being married. I'm more or less indifferent...I suppose I never saw much more in marriage than simply dating someone. Legal actions, ceremonies, etc. It just involves an official authentication.

Regardless, I don't see the purpose in opposing it. It doesn't affect anyone besides themselves, so why should anyone else give a damn?

While I agree with you side, that isn't relevant at all. Simple answer is someone who clearly hates another won't marry them unless they've been betrothed, which isn't even legal in most developed countries anymore.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Why would a man & a woman who hate each other get married, it's completely stupid.
    I said i didn't agree with gay marriages but i accept them. You make it sound like i am totally against them.
    You should respect other people's opinions.

10. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

It's like this, people are brought up with the idea that a man marries a woman and have children etc. Children only see pictures of men kissing women. So when they get older they aren't used to gay relationships. So people are going to find it weird, even I find it weird and I like to think I have a very open mind and have nothing against gay people or gay marriage. It's just the way society has gone it hasn't become normal, so people aren't used to it. I doubt this makes any sense.

11. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

No, I think you're on to something.
    In our society, people are simply brought up thinking a man and a women is the right way, the only way. Anything else just seems unatural.

12. Donaut Banned

I am respecting it, I just want to know what you would rather see on the streets. Two straight people who hate eachother, or two gay people who love eachother. I am respecting your opinion, but I just want to know what you want to see. and yes I do know people who hate eachother and are married.

Yes, and people who think that the world is a worse place because of it are just plain ignorant. I want to know from a person who thinks that way.

13. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

No it does make sense. As i said in one of my earlier posts, the way i have been raised has affected my veiws on this, as well as my religious belief. So having a same sex relation is something that i would never consider but i know people that are gay. I thought it was strange at first, but they are still my friends & i accept their choice.

Well seeing them would be kinda strange but it's their choice. I don't hate people that have gay marriages.

14. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

God, it's not a choice! No homosexuals choose to be that way!
    It's only a choice if its a straight person who is really messed up and decides to be gay.

15. Nanaki Broken in six places

...I don't see a problem with gay marriges at all. It doesn't hurt anytone, right? It makes them no different from us. So what's the problem with it. I see it like this: As long as people are happy, and as long as nobody is hurt by it, then it's okay. So it doesn't bother me at all.

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

But it's their choice to get married.

Sorry that was bad wording on my account there.

17. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Well duh.
    But we want to be married. It's not fair that a man and a women can get married, but not a man and a man or a women and a women.

18. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

You are making it sound like I'm a bad person because I don't support gay marriages. Seriously, don't ask for an opinion if you are only expecting everyone to agree with you. I do NOT support gay marriages. End of Story.

19. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Why? 'Cause it's not natural?
    Oh grow up.

20. Donaut Banned

No, he said in his first post that he wants you to give a reason why you don't support it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.