What do you think of Gay Marriages?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by RoxasNoxas, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Personally, I don't support them.
    I'v always believed that marriage was for a man and woman, not for man/man or woman/woman. But that's just me.

2. Nanaki Broken in six places

Calm down and leave RVR alone before you get in trouble. Some people just don't support it. No, it's not natural...but it hurts nobody, so I don't mind it. I mean...gays are happy being different, so it's fine by me. Some people find it too strange, though....but whatever. It's their opinion, so let him speak it, okay?

3. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

why can't they just understand gay is good... talking about understanding can someone please explain to me who said it was so wrong and got other people to think it's one of those "If you do it your going to hell" sins. If you do I'll try to see where their coming from, but to be honest I just don't see the problem. See the kids at my school alwas say "M.J. you just don't get it. It's wrong and gross and..." that's as far as I get before I start ripping their limbs off. Like hell I don't understand to me there is nothing to understand. so please explain.

4. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

I just think that homosexuals should be able to get married without losers like you getting in an uproar about it.
    It's not fair that straight couples can get married and no one cares, but gay couples get married and everyone's like: OH! How gross! It's not natural!

We can't help being gay. And if gay marriage becomes illegal that will be totally unfair.

5. Donaut Banned

That is not right. You should get a warning for that. That is being racist toward their culture, heritage, and everything else they stand for. I have Puerto Rican friends and they aren't gay. You are a sick person.

6. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

worry about your own life and not natural HAH! nothing could be more natural if they love that is completely, totally, and 100% natural. Love is an emotion for the love of humanity.

7. Nanaki Broken in six places

...That was cold. My friend is going out with a Puerto Rican, and they aren't gay...and there's nothing wrong with gay people, at least in my opinion. Gawd...no matter what the final decision on Gay Marriges is....I bet a War will break out....

8. Gravity Chaser

Okay, you've stated your opinion...now stop being rude to the other people that are stating theirs.

And, as Pirate2Love said, love is an emotion that really isn't picked. It just happens...so don't act like being the way they are is their fault...because it's not.

(What's up with this week and people getting testy?)

9. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

I totally hope not.
    Why do people even care? WHY?

10. Nanaki Broken in six places

...It's because the Big Shots like to controll the world from behind their large desks. They think they can do what THEY want, not what WE want....They don't care....

11. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

ever hear of history repeating it's self. Not only a war but just possible another holocost (and I for never want that to ever happen again to any type of people)all becouse one person in power says it "UNNATURAL" :mad:

12. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

This whole thing is just so depressing...

GET OFF OUR BACKS!

13. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

In my belief marriage is a lasting commitment between two people who love each other. I do not believe this should be set be gender. If people are deeply committed to each other then they should be allowed to marry regardless of sexual orientation. Emotion is a strong driving force. It is neither right or wrong. I would like to see true equality in the area of marriage. Commitment can be equally as strong regardless of the gender of your partner.

14. Gravity Chaser

Guys, name-calling isn't going to make this any better. The best way is to just talk to them calmly and get them to understand that they don't have to agree with us...but they do need to accept the fact that the times are changing.

15. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

RoxasvsRiku, you get a warning. You too RoxasNoxas. Both of you stop fighting and get over yoursevles. Roxasnoxas, you said "grow up". Maybe you need to do a bit of growing of your own and respect other's opinions. And RoxasvsRiku, that was completely igrnorant, un-called for, and blatantly racist. I would close this thread, but you are both smart members. Stop fighting or you both get more warnings.

16. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Sorry, but I would stop if he just left me alone.

17. Nanaki Broken in six places

Alright, calm yourself. We can't do anything about them...it's just how we must live...

18. Misty gimme kiss

I think Gay Marriage is fine.

It's not hurting the straight people, they don't have to go see the marriage, so why forbid it? If the two people are happy, who cares.

Love is love. You can't change your orientation and you can't force yourself not to love someone.

I argued this point a lot in my Current Issues class last year... Let's just say I won the debate. ^^

19. Donaut Banned

Thanks Cin for getting my message.

20. RoxasNoxas Hollow Bastion Committee

Thanks for understanding. That's exactly the kind of point I've been trying to make here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.