Whats after Kingdom Hearts 3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Blaine, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

In a interview that I read a few days ago, Nomura stated that Sora's story will be coming to an end soon but the Kingdom Hearts franchise will go on with a new story. I can see Kingdom Hearts becoming the new Final Fantasy. He said that there is more story to tell so just because Sora's journey ends, doesn't mean the franchise will end. What are your thoughts on this? Inb4 another 11 years for an new Kingdom Hearts game after KH3.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I actually remember reading a Nomura interview where he said that the Xehanort Saga is coming to a close, but that Sora's adventures would continue. That said, I'm all for other main protagonists; you can only take one character through so much development over the course of a series, after all.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Even if we love said character to death. ;)

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Sora's main character development seems to be coming to a close. He went from being an overly positive kid, to showing more feeling of anger and sadness at the end of KH1 and in RECOM. KH2 was his biggest personality change imo. Before he seems a lot more like a kid wanting to press all the buttons on the elevator door, and now he actually takes his job seriously. We see him more worried, awkward, afraid, and more serious. He also thinks better on his feet, which shows he's grown with experience.

We see he's really grown as a character, but I think KH3 may end that growth. I'm not sure what else they could do with him. I could see expanding more on his personality traits in KH2, but unless they were to kind of destroy Sora at the end (emotionally, or something) and the next game was his recovery, something along those lines, I don't really know how much more they can show of Sora.

Nomura did say he'd continue his adventure, but he never said as the main character or even in the game. Sure he could have implied that, but that said, the next big adventure is death, so if that's really what Nomura meant I wouldn't be surprised if after he went into the restroom and cackled to himself.

I mean Mickey already said that Ventus is one of the lights right, and
    If Yensid's "you gotta wake up his sleeping heart inside Sora" plan doesn't work, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't because really: A bit of Sora's heart went into Ventus before he was even a baby, then later Sora took in Ventus' heart. I wouldn't be surprised if that part of Ventus, Sora's part didn't want to come out again and Sora would have to actually "die" this time so Ventus could live.

The 7 lights are Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Ventus, and Aqua. Terra is supposed to be one but he's MIA, that's why they got Lea, right? Or could it be because they're sure they can get Terra back but aren't sure about their operation on getting Ventus back. And of course Sora's the kind of character who would say "All the people inside my heart deserve to be their own person! I won't keep them in this prison any longer. Lea, don't you want Roxas back? And the girl who was with you all the time? Aqua, what about Ventus? You can't just leave him in Castle Obilvion forever!"
    "Gaush Sora..." (Mickey, I'm guessing)
    "I've been on such great adventures, but it's their turn. You need to defeat Xehanort. Promise?" And then Sora sticks his Keyblade in himself and there you go.

Now I'm assuming this is at the very end of the game, like, 'we're in the Keyblade graveyard and it's time to go but Sora just saw Ventus' memory of this place and is freaking out'. KH2 had two playable characters, maybe this is the time for three. Sora, whoever is going to be the next main character and whoever is beside them in battle, like KH2.

That could very well and is most likely not the case at all lol. But if I had to choose for the new protag it would entirely depend on who the new villain is. We always want to know the new main character but who's tormenting them?

1. It's probably someone in the 13 Darknesses, or close to them. "Maybe Vanitas isn't one of the ones fighting but we know his gig", that kind of close.
    2. Less likely could be someone from UX
    3. It's probably Marluxia with what we know now.
    Why is it Marluxia? I mean if he's even there, which people think because of the Nobodies in KH3 trailer, if he gets free of Xehanort's Nort-Control, he's going to probably be pissed and he tried taking over the operation once, what if he does it again? He could easily make Xehanort think he has full control of him and then take his body back before kicking ass.

If it's a character we know that's my best bet. But since we don't know who the Darknesses are we have to wait and see. This is an extremely premature guess.

A little part of me, no matter what villain comes up next hopes Kairi will be the next character, but that's more of a wish then anything else. I still think that whoever it is would need to fit with their villain in a way, so I'm not sure.

5. Shuhbooty moon child

I love this. I honestly hope they end Soras' story like this. Because everything has to come to an end and I LOVE Sora, I love him a lot. But I honestly want to pay more of the BBS team, more Roxas/Axel and just over all want to play other characters/protags. after riding on Sora's story for so long, Its boring to me now. I'm still exciting for KH3 though, but having the time to play other characters excite me.

6. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Honestly my thoughts are that KH, CoM and KH2 should've been Sora's story while BBS and later was whatever Nomura is trying to weave now. That's another kinda topic I guess, so I'm honestly very, very, meh on it. At this point Sora, if not most, of the cast is dull to me. I find most of them hollow and run on melodrama to fuel their "tragic" stories.

So I'd honestly be very okay with a new lead or story entirely but I know that won't ever happen.

7. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

I agree let him have his happy end and maybe he could be the new kids mentor or something

8. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

It would be nice to see the cast be more than clones and repetitious with melodrama since they're bringing them back anyway. Perhaps have some mini story arc for a few.
    Like, personally, I'd want to see Roxas, Axel and Xion at least try to live a normal life. Roxas was shown several times to not be fond of the keyblade due to what situation it put him in, Xion only cared because her existence hindered on being useful to the group and Lea only wants one to save friends.

It'd be neat to get an introspective of people who could but don't want/need a keyblade.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  9. sonicfan23 Traverse Town Homebody

If it were me, I'd like to see a "far in the future" idea. Maybe even a similar villain to Xehanort, with someone being inspired by the events of the Dark Seeker Saga and wanting to recreate those events for whatever reason.

10. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

That's basically what we're getting now though....

11. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, I don't see why Kingdom Hearts couldn't take a big turn and include all Square Enix IPs in further entries.

A new lead is certainly possible, although I could see Riku possibly taking the helm of the new saga. There's a lot of charisma to be shown in him -- he's been very serious about his role amongst the Lights, Darknesses, and what have you. I could very much see him either carrying on the series or becoming a legacy character along with the rest of the cast from the Xehanort Arc.

Although the best chance of what's to come is that KH will no longer be a FF/Disney exclusive collaboration, and, truthfully, it hasn't been since KH3D. I'd love to see anyone from the Chrono series, Xenogears, Nier, or even Dragon Quest. (Although personally I'd like to see characters from more obscure FF games, like Tactics.)

Either way, we're not going to lose any characters. We're only going to gain more.

12. sonicfan23 Traverse Town Homebody

I'd be interested in seeing more SE series being represented. Though I wonder how Disney, who has the rights to the series, would feel about certain characters from the different series being in KH.

13. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    ((I guess it won't be an issue for me to throw my two cents in here)).

I've not been particularly interested in seeing the 'future' of the current KH characters, or even seeing a far-flung future rehash of the story. At least, it's been a while since I've had any interest in that sort of material.

Personally, I'd prefer it if, post-KH3, they, at some point, send us backwards through the KH timeline. There's been so much hype built up over the whole 'Keyblade War' backdrop, and I'd love to see that become less of a backdrop, and actually get some sort of media that covers that event. Frankly, I've always felt that it would make for a cool way to incorporate an online multiplayer aspect to the KH games. At least, that's how I'd want it done.

14. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

^ So a console game taking place during those Chi games?

15. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Certainly something so consequential within the history/lore of KH is deserving of a more mainline title? Or am I just getting an exaggerated sense of the event's importance to the series?

16. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Sadly, it's importance is as spot on as you get the feeling it is. I don't like how it's become so relevant but I do think it's had the best writing since KH1 so I wouldn't mind a console edition myself. *doesn't like the phone games gameplay-wise*

17. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Personally, I find it to be one of the more compelling elements of the series; though it's mostly because it gives me some leeway for my own head-canon stuff.

Same though, on the phone gameplay. Never really appealed to me from a gameplay perspective; although, I could've dealt with it if it didn't require an internet connection; of course, that's an issue with, I think, most mobile app games.

18. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

It certainly has more intrigue and legitimate mystery than the rest of the series.
    I just don't like mobile games, I don't like touchscreen gameplay. Could Chis story fit into a console game? I know it's story scenes are spread out quite a ways among it's missions.