What's the most famous genre in music

Discussion in 'Music' started by woodstockfootball26, Aug 27, 2009.

?

What do you like more?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2009.
  1. Rap

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. pop

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. Hip hop

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. I do believe Rock, with its line of generations, and Pop (whether electropop, bubblegum pop, etc.) have definitely made their lines to be upfront for quite a long time.

2. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

I'm a die-hard Rock chick :'D

It'll never die. It's one of those things that just doesn't have an end. I actually think it's the most famous genre of music. It's changed over generations but with the most amazing stars. Take Elvis Presely he was the King of Rock'n'Roll. Grease & AC/DC too >:3

Pop is of course, another very famous genre. Didn't it start last century in the 1960s or something? Michael Jackson was the King of Pop Music. I'm alright with Pop Music. Not my favourite though.

You just can't get enough of those Symphony No.7 & Jazz, right? The Blues Brothers :3

"Rock'n'Roll ain't noise pollution. Rock'n'Roll ain't gonna die!"

Funny, now that I think about it. My friend and I are actually putting together a Rock'n'Roll Dance (Note how I don't use the word 'Disco'). Our other friends were like "You should have a tribute to Michael Jackson Night instead." I was disappoint. But now I think it'll just turn into a Pop or Rap night.

3. Styx That's me inside your head.

Uhm...What good is a poll with only three genres when rock is clearly very popular and famous too? That doesn't make sense. If anything it makes it seem that you don't give a **** about other opinions as long as they don't match yours.
    The poll doesn't even have much to do with the thread's original purpose anymore.

4. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Classic rock is what everyone gets most of their inspiration.

Rock reigns supreme for me.

5. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

Since the topic is "most famous genre" then I would say Hip Hop or Pop (out of those three at least) but if we were discussing on favorite genre... the I would say Country-pop, hip hop, and rock. XD I'm the type of person with a wide variety of genres they like, even though the ones I listed aren't all that far away from each other... but those are just a few out of my favorite genres. :rockband:

6. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

true true and im sorry my poll dosent suit u not u lazor