Video A Devil May Cry 3 AMV

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by sora364, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sora364 Merlin's Housekeeper

This is my latest AMV. All you DMC3 fans should enjoy this. It took quite a while to make(due to my laziness). Here it is:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=13131

Before you say anything*cough*Dark Andriod*cough*. I know the song has been used many times before, so no need to say it. This is my last Linkin Park vid (I finally got tired of making AMVs with their songs), so I had to make it a spectacular one.
    Enjoy.

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

lol I won't mention the unoriginality of the song then :D

Review time:

Ok from the beginning i was starting to find it was gonna be another one of these videos where the scenes dragged out for too long, but once the lyrics started timed picked up dramatically, it made me wonder why the beginning was done more poorly then the rest, because you missed so many drum beats etc to time the clips. But there was good lyrical timing. Timing has a whole was very good, it was strange normally people do well at the beginning and then lack at the end but for you it was the other way round, timing got better as the AMV went on. I didn't see many use of effects,except for the ones at the end, it would of been nice to see more DMC and effects go well together, i know WMM is limited when it comes to effects, but fade in and out would of been nice to see, it's simple but effective if used probably. Song choice was decent, goes ok with DMC, though it could of been stronger. Quality wasn't bad, even though the aspect ratio changed often, but thats something you can't change in WMM, so no big deal.

Overall it was a good AMV, very good timing, but the beginning was quite dull, and the beginning is important because it's the time you need to get the viewers attention to watch the video, if i was a casual viewer, i would of just skipped it all together, no matter how great the rest of it may be. But other than that it was impressive, you have a good sense for lyrical timing all you need to improve is your beat timing and use of effects.

7.7/10 - Very good AMV with a few flaws

3. sora364 Merlin's Housekeeper

Review time:

lol! Yeah I know. Everytime I watch the video I'm like

"Why did I make it drag out to long?" Funny, no one noticed that except you. Well with you being a "professional" and all lol.

I actually tried that. But the clips were too short, and the Movie Maker wouldn't let me(in the end segement)

"I Stand Alone" by Godsmack was my original choice. But I couldn't find good scenes to go with it.

True. I wasn't the person who originally recorded the footage. So the images seem to be stretched out more than usual. No idea why......

I'm aware of this. The begining gives the viewer a preview of what comes next. Mine on the other hand, was precisely the opposite.

I've never been too keen with most of the effects provided by the Movie Maker. I would have put more time into it. In the begining I was actually thinking about brighting and darkening the footage to go along with the beat. But the bloody program kept freezing non-stop. So I just said screw it.

Thanks. I appreciate your elaborate review. I needed it.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

No problem, i like doing indepth reviews, it helps a person improve, and I understand some of the problems, WMM is bad for effects, and most the effects are useless anyway, it's a great software for beginners, but i feel that you can get better software and will be able to use it well

5. Rikku Hollow Bastion Committee

I like it, nice job!
    (word)

6. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

That was a pretty nice AMV. Not bad. The DMC series is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.