A Kingdom Hearts RP Idea

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by cstar, Jan 8, 2017.

?

Interested?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  3. Maybe (message me if made to check)

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstar stay away from my waifu

Yeah, I know, a KH RP. Surprise. But I actually wanted to know if people would be interested in the general concept.

So the overall idea would be that a group of people wake up in this one place with no memory of how they got together, some people having far less memory than others. Their heads hurt but the realize they all have one thing in common: they can all wield keyblades. And on this world they are all present on, an overwhelming amount of darkness seems to be present, spewing out heartless and causing chaos. There also seems to be a person behind this, someone in robes who seems to be in control of these heartless, and everyone is some way feels a connection to them. So it's up to the team to find out, through broken memories and all, how to defeat this bad guy. And along the way try to piece back together these broken memories.

I like the idea of there being a whole mystery side to it as well. I wanted to give out roles for people, which would effect what information they got and how it affected the overall RP.

It would be great to get more people on this rp than less, if there were only 4 people I'm not sure if the plot would work. But I didn't want to write it up unless I knew I had people interested in this.

So, with my bare-bones explanation, what do you think?

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Breaking my rule of no additional roleplays, just for this one last time. Consider me signed up, dedicated to posting actively (sorry for those of you who just nearly kicked the bucket laughing at this) and hellbent on keeping the RP alive. Mystery aspect is a brilliant twist on the standard KH rp format, and the whole premise is one I like the sounds of.

My only real question is how much freedom will be given with creating characters, specifically this; will we get to create our own characters, or will we simply pick from a list? And if we can create our own, do we write our own bio (if there even is a bio)?

Can I create Paul the supreme heartless if we can make bad guys?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

This is a interesting concept that said i am also curious on the oc works as Glen said. I also go back to college Monday so it also depends on the work for that. I like the idea of not remembering who you are or how you got there. Do we get to decide on when we remember or do you? How do Fights work? So many questions. No answers.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

OCs: I would more likely have everyone do the baseline oc first "name. age. gender. appearance. strengths. weaknesses." and have the bio left empty at first. After I have the cast of players, I would be rolling out the roles. Then I'd pm that person and they could create their backstory from what they've got for the role. That way people can still have their story, but keep the mystery behind it. Memories would be remembered or forgotten based on what the role the person gains is.

Additionally, I wanted to add something to the oc form that's called "do not roll me for a critical role" or "roll me for a critical role" that way if someone is worried they are going to vanish, I can work around it with them being a non-critical.

Fights would work in a narrative format. I'm not very good at combat systems really, and since the RP isn't intended to go for a very long time, I don't intent to write up a new one. Everything would probably work in a similar way to brawl missions in SOS. Albeit, I'm not gonna be force posting people to kill overwhelming amounts of heartless. I mean, unless the characters want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.